PDA

View Full Version : Did you Tulsans hear about the motorcycle...

Jerk
4/28/2007, 10:42 PM
crashing into the semi truck on hwy 169 going 120mph last week?

If you are ever offered an opporunity to view pics of said wreck, don't.

That is all.

eta -

watch this!
http://s178.photobucket.com/albums/w260/lugerman_album/?action=view&current=gsxr.flv

bluedogok
4/28/2007, 11:03 PM
I say them on a car board, pretty gruesome.....I haven't cross posted it on the motorcycle boards that I am on where the original threads were.

soonerboomer93
4/29/2007, 04:46 AM
that idiot in the video went blowing by the PoPo didn't he?

I hope they managed to catch him (although i know they probably didn't)

I don't have anything against motorcycles, but they're a lot of idiots riding sport bikes anymore. The good/bad part is when they **** up trying to show off they end up darwin award eligible.

MiccoMacey
4/29/2007, 02:27 PM
Some buddies of mine made that wreck. There actually were two high-speed motorcycle wrecks of late.

On one of them, the guy's arm just drops out of his motorcycle jacket while they're trying to get him out of the van door. And he was stuck headfirst into the rollup door of the delivery-type van.

bluedogok
4/29/2007, 02:41 PM
Anymore it is just not the domain of the squids, there are actually more motorcycle fatalities coming from the 40 and older (my age group), mostly new or returning riders buying large cruisers with little or no experience. They have the money to buy what they want and are buying bikes that are too big for that kind of inexperience. Many are buying them for bar hopping and most of the fatalities are alcohol related. Drinking and riding do not mix, add inexperience into the equation and it just compounds the problem.

I know that I ride much differently than I did in my youth, the majority of us are probably lucky to be alive after some of what we did in our teens and twenties....I know that I am.

I crashed my bike last Sunday, about 20 miles from home on a 450 mile ride on a wet chip seal road. We had maybe 100 miles of dry out of the entire ride, I was tired and just ready to get home, it was getting dark and starting to rain harder. I was only doing about 20 mph when I went down so I was lucky it was nothing more than some bruises and soreness and some torn up plastics. We pulled the bike out of the fence and I rode it home.

1stTimeCaller
4/29/2007, 02:43 PM
Some buddies of mine made that wreck. There actually were two high-speed motorcycle wrecks of late.

On one of them, the guy's arm just drops out of his motorcycle jacket while they're trying to get him out of the van door. And he was stuck headfirst into the rollup door of the delivery-type van.

Do you think my brother will let me get a motorcycle?

Jerk
4/29/2007, 03:05 PM

Yeah, this is what I saw pictures of.

His body remained pretty much intact. I'm surprised he wasn't an omelette.

MiccoMacey
4/29/2007, 07:24 PM
Do you think my brother will let me get a motorcycle?

Heck, I bet he makes the first payment. ;)

Seriously, most firefighters, even the ones who own a motorcycle, realize their extreme potential for danger.

I made one where I came up on the guy and his whole body was pointing south, except for his leg from the knee down which was pointing due east.

I've made a few fatality motorcycle wrecks, and I've only been on for less than three years. And they are mainly kids thinking they are good enough riders to avoid big mishaps. They just don't realize that at that rate of speed, all mishaps are big mishaps.

Jerk
4/29/2007, 07:55 PM
I don't know if this is true or not about those two seperate fatility wrecks on 169...supposedly, both of the deceased were freinds. The 2nd friend died while going to the first friend's funeral. The accidents both happened on the same stretch of highway. The first one hit the back of a semi-truck, the second a pick-up.

RacerX
4/29/2007, 08:40 PM
What car boards do you frequent?

Jerk
4/29/2007, 09:15 PM
None. I got this info from ar15.com

KABOOKIE
4/29/2007, 11:21 PM
Well post the GD link k?

LoyalFan
4/30/2007, 10:23 PM
watch this!
http://s178.photobucket.com/albums/w260/lugerman_album/?action=view&current=gsxr.flv

Stupid cretin! He deserves whatever he gets when his dumb luck runs out.
I just hope it's one-kill event.

LF

Okla-homey
5/1/2007, 06:32 AM

I heard about that. Apparently there are some cell phone pics of the aftermath floating around somewhere.

The way I heard it, the guy was speared into the back of the truck headfirst. The really grisley part is the trucker had no idea and didn't even feel it. Therefore, the guy kept on truckin' for a few miles with the dead motorcylist flapping about hanging to the back of the truck while his dead head was stuck through the door. It ended when motorists got the trucker's attention and waved him over.

stoopified
5/1/2007, 10:01 AM
Back when I first started riding I was told IF I EVER GOT TO THE POINT I WAS NO LONGER SCARED OF THE BIKE IT WAS TIME TO GET OFF.I rode for 20 years and I have never forgotten that advice.

Hamhock
5/1/2007, 10:04 AM
Back when I first started riding I was told IF I EVER GOT TO THE POINT I WAS NO LONGER SCARED OF THE BIKE IT WAS TIME TO GET OFF.I rode for 20 years and I have never forgotten that advice.

i got the same advice on my wedding night....

stoopified
5/1/2007, 11:18 AM
i got the same advice on my wedding night....
:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Osce0la
5/1/2007, 11:22 AM
I saw 3 pics of it earlier...here is what the bike looked like...
http://img267.imageshack.us/img267/939/bikesl6.jpg (http://imageshack.us)
In the pics of the truck, the guy's body is just hanging from the back door of the truck...pretty gruesome...

achiro
5/1/2007, 05:55 PM
Nobody has a link?

KC//CRIMSON
5/1/2007, 05:59 PM
watch this!
http://s178.photobucket.com/albums/w...rrent=gsxr.flv

That's the kind of moron you see later on down the road wrapped around a telephone pole.

MiccoMacey
5/1/2007, 07:09 PM
I also made the crash on the Creek Turnpike just off HWY 169 Eastbound towards Broken Arrow.

Guy was doing around 135 (so we were told). His stuf was scattered out for over 1/4 mile.

And by his stuff, I mean chunks of both his bike and body.

oumartin
5/1/2007, 07:13 PM
glad my wife don't read the board! It took alot of nice talk to let her get my new Gsxr!