PDA

View Full Version : Glad My Niece & Nephew Don't Play for This Team

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
4/28/2007, 09:53 PM
:eddie:I'm in Grapevine watching my niece and nephew play baseball. Most of the teams have MLB names and their uniforms look a lot like the authentic ones.

Today two boys walked past me wearing Halloween orange uniforms. These kids play for the "Cowboys" and their hats had an O on them and a picture of pistol pete on the shirt.

I thought that was weird for a team in texass. :les:

ChickSoonerFan
4/28/2007, 10:04 PM
oohhh...are you going to the mall while you are there?

bluedogok
4/28/2007, 11:13 PM
Well, out in West Texas (Monahans, Midland, Odessa) the little league football teams are college names, I have seen kids wearing crimson jerseys with Sooners on the front out there.

BajaOklahoma
4/29/2007, 04:06 AM
SBSB, did you notice the parent's vehicles? They all have stickers in the back windows with the Pistol Pete logo on it. We see it for the local football teams too.
When you ask the parents about it, they have no clue who Pistol Pete is or what the connection to their kid's team might be.

tulsaoilerfan
4/29/2007, 08:51 AM
I've got it almost as bad; my son plays for a team that is coached by 3 OSU fans; luckily we have 1 OU fan for a coach to cancel them out. :)

MamaMia
4/29/2007, 11:05 AM
My grandsons Boy Scout leader is an osu fan, which is why he has no problem scheduling activities on game day during football season.

crawfish
4/29/2007, 12:32 PM
...and you didn't even come by and say, "hi". :mad:

SicEmBaylor
4/29/2007, 12:52 PM
When I played Little League Baseball my dad sponsored the team so I got to name the team. I went with "The Killer Bees" with black and yellow as the colors.

God, we were cool. It was better than the Rainbow Roofing team who had to wear giant Rainbows on their jerseys.

tulsaoilerfan
4/29/2007, 09:04 PM
Rio Grande Valley has a CHL team named the Killer Bees; i love those jerseys!!

springs sooner
4/30/2007, 09:13 AM
a couple of tears ago here in Colorado we had a competive baseball team called the " gulp" Longhorns. coach was from Austin. they had the white helmets with the longhorn logo and everything. the next year the coach asked if i was interested in helping him coach and i told him it was against my religion. no way could i have done that.

picasso
4/30/2007, 09:18 AM
little kids sports is all you need look at to see how pathetic we be these days.

OU4LIFE
4/30/2007, 09:48 AM
little kids sports is all you need look at to see how pathetic we be these days.

I was going to say the same thing, only about art.

picasso
4/30/2007, 09:50 AM
I was going to say the same thing, only about art.
little league arts? is that what you're into these days?

it would be cheaper than your golfing addiction.

seriously, kids practicing little league sports 5 nights out of the week and stuff? it's a sad business.

Petro-Sooner
4/30/2007, 09:57 AM
We didnt have the college or pro mascots when I was in little league. We had the western sizzlin, Pats Archery Store logo or what not on our jerseys. :rolleyes: :texan:

skycat
4/30/2007, 09:57 AM
My first little league team was sponsored by MobilFone. Our name? The Beepers.:(

Not surprisingly we were also the last place team in the league.

BigRedJed
4/30/2007, 02:28 PM
Blah, blah, blah... ...God, we were cool. It was better than the Rainbow Roofing team who had to wear giant Rainbows on their jerseys.
Is that the denial talking again? I think we ALL know you were bitter about not getting to wear the rainbow jersey.

Hamhock
4/30/2007, 02:38 PM
Pats Archery Store logo :texan:

great shop, btw