PDA

View Full Version : Little Bennie still wont lift his leg to tinkle

MamaMia
4/28/2007, 09:44 PM
He turned 1 year old in March. I've had 4 dogs, all males, and they lifted their legs. One was this dogs uncle and the exact same breed. Do any of you have a boy dog who doesn't lift his leg to tinkle? :confused:

Jerk
4/28/2007, 09:50 PM
Mine don't.

He was nuetered when he was 7 mos. old.:(

MamaMia
4/28/2007, 09:54 PM
Little Bennie Owen isn't neutered. I hope he doesn't have a problem. Maybe I should call the vet on Monday? Don't girl dogs squat when they tinkle?

jk the sooner fan
4/28/2007, 09:57 PM
my 7 year old golden retriever is 100 pounds and he squats to pee

lots of male dogs squat to pee

and frankly, i'm glad, the last thing i want is a dog that feels the need to lift leg and mark everything in sight

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
4/28/2007, 09:58 PM
Little Bennie Owen isn't neutered. I hope he doesn't have a problem. Maybe I should call the vet on Monday? Don't girl dogs squat when they tinkle?My girl dogs do both. Maybe he's just seen girl dogs pee.

ChickSoonerFan
4/28/2007, 10:02 PM
maybe he is trans-gender. Let him be who he wants to be!!!

:D

MamaMia
4/28/2007, 10:17 PM
maybe he is trans-gender. Let him be who he wants to be!!!

:D
Oh my goodness. I think you may be right. :eek:
It just dawned on me that he has all the classic signs. He wont let us take the bows out of his hair without sulking. He also tried to hump Watson, the Shih Tzu, just last week, and he trots and prances. :O

Of course this will be very hard to take, us being staunch republicans and all, but we'll still love him no matter what. :)

Scott D
4/28/2007, 10:17 PM
some dogs do until they see other male dogs lifting their leg. Our male dog squats when he pees now mainly because he's an older dog with hip/spine issues that are a genetic trait of german shepherds (of which he is part). As a result he doesn't feel the need to mark everything, so when he goes out he gets it all out at one time.

SicEmBaylor
4/28/2007, 11:13 PM
My english bulldog Winston can't lift his leg but it's because the weight distribution would cause him to fall over if he did. He tried it once and he fell right over, he was quite indignant when people laughed.

SCOUT
4/28/2007, 11:45 PM
some dogs do until they see other male dogs lifting their leg. Our male dog squats when he pees now mainly because he's an older dog with hip/spine issues that are a genetic trait of german shepherds (of which he is part). As a result he doesn't feel the need to mark everything, so when he goes out he gets it all out at one time.

I have had a very similar experience. We have two dogs that are both males. The first always squatted to pee until we got the second (older) dog. Once the new dog was in the picture, they both started lifting their legs and competing to mark each others territory.

They both lifted their legs for years. Now they are both in their early to middle teens and they both have resorted to squatting.

If your dog is young, I wouldn't be concerned.

Blue
4/28/2007, 11:46 PM
He wont let us take the bows out of his hair without sulking.

NURTURE > NATURE. :D

RacerX
4/29/2007, 08:28 AM
Maybe if you quit calling him little..

Scott D
4/29/2007, 09:35 AM
it should also be pointed out that because bennie is a dustmop of a dog, his legs could be too stubby to lift ;)

1stTimeCaller
4/29/2007, 09:39 AM
Would you like me to come over and show him or is he housebroken?

MamaMia
4/29/2007, 11:01 AM
Would you like me to come over and show him or is he housebroken?
Show him what? Do you lift your leg too? :eek:

proud gonzo
4/29/2007, 01:10 PM
Show him what? Do you lift your leg too? :eek:i don't think he ever elaborated on his technique...

opksooner
4/29/2007, 03:36 PM
What a disappointment. 17 posts and no one has yet played the "homo-dog" card. Y'all are slipping.

Pffft