PDA

View Full Version : I want a man...

SoonerGirl06
4/28/2007, 07:55 PM
that I could hire to go with me when my car needs servicing so the nincompoops at the dealership will actually do what I want them to do.

I am so sick and tired of taking my car in for oil changes, new tires or required maintenance and being treated like I don't know squat about cars and always being told that they aren't able to perform the necessary servicing for one reason or another and will have to come back another day. OR they don't even do the maintenance that I've requested that they do.

Whenever I question them about it, they talk down to me even more or come up with more excuses/BS. Very frustrating. :(

ChickSoonerFan
4/28/2007, 08:04 PM
I used to have my step dad go with me and probably still would for the big things...but I seem to do better on my own now days for little stuff like oil changes. I just generally say "no" to any extra things they say I need done during oil changes....

oh....and I think it will not take very long for this thread to change into something completey different than originally intended...just a hunch.

1stTimeCaller
4/28/2007, 08:05 PM
sic em would probably volunteer

sanantoniosooner
4/28/2007, 08:06 PM
With a title like that it was intended to change.....

royalfan5
4/28/2007, 08:07 PM
You could probably settle for a really butch lesbian if you had too.

ChickSoonerFan
4/28/2007, 08:07 PM
I agree...on both counts.

ChickSoonerFan
4/28/2007, 08:10 PM
You could probably settle for a really butch lesbian if you had too.

oops, there are three now...I do not agree with this one, but the other two posts...

There are some things for which only a man will do.

Not many, but some things.

:D

sanantoniosooner
4/28/2007, 08:10 PM
If I was you I would find a reputable mechanic and let him even do the mundane maintenance. It may cost a little more per oil change, but if you find the right one, they wont BS you about stuff you don't need and will actually save you time and money.

If you were in San Antonio, I'd know where to send you.

And I could satisfy that need for a man also :D

sanantoniosooner
4/28/2007, 08:13 PM
And this is simply for humor.

I'm perfectly happy in my marriage of 18 years and minimal intimacy.:(

SoonerGirl06
4/28/2007, 08:20 PM
I used to have my step dad go with me and probably still would for the big things...but I seem to do better on my own now days for little stuff like oil changes. I just generally say "no" to any extra things they say I need done during oil changes....

oh....and I think it will not take very long for this thread to change into something completey different than originally intended...just a hunch.

My dad lives in Oklahoma, so him going with me isn't realistic.

They never try to push the 'extras' on me because they're too busy telling me that they can't do what it is that I'm there for them to do.

I'm quite sure this thread will turn into something... exactly what will be interesting to see.

royalfan5
4/28/2007, 08:22 PM
My dad lives in Oklahoma, so him going with me isn't realistic.

They never try to push the 'extras' on me because they're too busy telling me that they can't do what it is that I'm there for them to do.

I'm quite sure this thread will turn into something... exactly what will be interesting to see.
Where do you usually go for your repairs + maintaince? Dealer, independent shop, or something else?

SoonerGirl06
4/28/2007, 08:24 PM
If I was you I would find a reputable mechanic and let him even do the mundane maintenance. It may cost a little more per oil change, but if you find the right one, they wont BS you about stuff you don't need and will actually save you time and money.

If you were in San Antonio, I'd know where to send you.

I currently take my car to the dealership for all the maintenance and stuff because they have access to the maintenance history and such. I used to take it to another dealership and received excellent service, but they switched ownership and it went downhill from there.

Still... you expect to be treated fairly when you go in for service and actually get done what you went in to have done. If I were a guy... this wouldn't even be an issue IMO.

SoonerGirl06
4/28/2007, 08:27 PM
sic em would probably volunteer

He doesn't even know how to use jumper cables.

Jerk
4/28/2007, 08:28 PM
Yes, there are indeed jobs that require the service of a man. For whatever reason, women are just not wired to perform them:

1. Opening tight jars.
2. Taking the trash out.
3. Writing one's name in the snow.
4. Putting the lid down. I mean, come on, you're a big girl, you can put the dam*ned thing down!
5. Being on time.

sanantoniosooner
4/28/2007, 08:30 PM
I currently take my car to the dealership for all the maintenance and stuff because they have access to the maintenance history and such. I used to take it to another dealership and received excellent service, but they switched ownership and it went downhill from there.

Still... you expect to be treated fairly when you go in for service and actually get done what you went in to have done. If I were a guy... this wouldn't even be an issue IMO.
You are wrong. It happens to guys also. In fact, it happens to anyone who doesn't know how to spot and handle it.

I was in National Tire and Battery because I purchased one of those package deals for 4 oil changes for $32. They came up with a list of things I should do that would have cost me $650. Yeah right I'm gonna do that.

They had 4 oil changes and 2 battery purchases to win me over. No dice.

OzarkSooner
4/28/2007, 08:36 PM
You had me at, "I want a man..."

;)

MamaMia
4/28/2007, 08:54 PM
Before they touch your vehicle, just tell them that you usually have your brother, the auto mechanic, do all the work on your car but he was ordered to attend an anger management seminar. :pop:

Okla-homey
4/28/2007, 09:05 PM
Okay. I'm only gonna tell you this oncet. Wear a low-cut top to the maintenance place. Flash some cleavage. Especially if its low enough they can catch a glimpse of that bra clasp on one of them front-loader models as you bend over the engine compartment to talk about the problem. They'll be putty in your hands and forget all about trying to rip you off. Boobies make men lose their minds. Literally.

Trust me on this. I can't repeat it or i'll have to forfeit my "man card."

I am serious as a heart attack. If I'm lying, i'm dying.

SoonerGirl06
4/28/2007, 09:12 PM
Okay. I'm only gonna tell you this oncet. Wear a low-cut top to the maintenance place. Flash some cleavage. Especially if its low enough they can catch a glimpse of that bra clasp on one of them front-loader models as you bend over the engine compartment to talk about the problem. They'll be putty in your hands and forget all about trying to rip you off. Boobies make men lose their minds. Literally.

That's it! I'm not flashing enough cleavage. And here I thought just batting my eyes and swaying my hips would be enough.

Note to Self: Stop by Victoria's Secret BEFORE getting oil changed.

yermom
4/28/2007, 09:18 PM
of course, you have to be hawt for that to work

if you post some pics, we can tell you if it will be effective ;)

tulsaoilerfan
4/28/2007, 09:27 PM
Is the line forming to the left or the right? :)

ChickSoonerFan
4/28/2007, 09:34 PM

pfffft....right...whatever...like that really ever works.

:rolleyes:

(really good advice btw)

Sooner24
4/28/2007, 09:38 PM
I thought you were going to need a man to apply an ointment to a certain part of your body with a certain part of his body.

OU Adonis
4/28/2007, 10:13 PM
Oh how I have missed the south oval.

Scott D
4/28/2007, 10:15 PM
this thread has headed about where I would have expected it to.

Certainly you must trust (relatively speaking) someone near you.

Oldnslo
4/28/2007, 10:21 PM
There's a BMW dealership not to far from my house...

that will never see me again. See, I have a pretty good idea of what it takes to check these cars out, service them, and make 'em purr. I've represented an independent BMW service shop for about 10 years now, and only took my car to the stealership for warranty service. And I won't even do that anymore, I'll either take my car to OKC or just pay to have the work done.

I hate thinking about all the people they must be ripping off every day.

/rant over.

So where are the pics of the cleavage already?

PhxSooner
4/28/2007, 10:36 PM
I admit to using my feminine wiles to get men to change flat tires for me. And I've learned that tears will get you out of a speeding ticket.:D

SoonerGirl06
4/28/2007, 11:24 PM
this thread has headed about where I would have expected it to.

Certainly you must trust (relatively speaking) someone near you.

Oh good heavens. I have several male friends close by that I could call if I needed them. Point is, it shouldn't have to be that complicated to get your car fixed.

There's a BMW dealership not to far from my house...

that will never see me again. See, I have a pretty good idea of what it takes to check these cars out, service them, and make 'em purr. I've represented an independent BMW service shop for about 10 years now, and only took my car to the stealership for warranty service. And I won't even do that anymore, I'll either take my car to OKC or just pay to have the work done.

I hate thinking about all the people they must be ripping off every day.

/rant over.

Just show 'em your cleavage and they'll be like putty in your hands.

So where are the pics of the cleavage already?

I'm not posting any pics of me on here... No telling what you guys would do to it and do with it if I did.:P

I admit to using my feminine wiles to get men to change flat tires for me. And I've learned that tears will get you out of a speeding ticket.:D

Oh I've done the same... an quite successful too. Apparently today just wasn't my day. :(

Jerk
4/28/2007, 11:31 PM
I posted pics of myself here several times.

No one messes around with them.

Come on!

VeeJay
4/28/2007, 11:39 PM
Jerk - it would be inexcuseable to Photoshop anything compromising your natural physical state.

Jerk
4/28/2007, 11:43 PM
Jerk - it would be inexcuseable to Photoshop anything compromising your natural physical state.

If you photoshop my beer gut and my fat arse away then I don't mind.

Blue
4/28/2007, 11:43 PM
Buy a new car that isn't a POS. YWIA.

SCOUT
4/28/2007, 11:50 PM
I posted pics of myself here several times.

No one messes around with them.

Come on!

Photoshopping someone who collects assault weapons is a risky endeavor ;)

Oh, and Homey is right. Cleavage cures all ills.

SicEmBaylor
4/28/2007, 11:51 PM
I had to walk into Autozone the other day to have them check my battery, and I always feel like everyone stops and stares at me when I go into an automotive place. Like they're thinking, "who the hell is this guy? he doesn't belong!" It's like being rejected from the yaht club...only not so much.

Scott D
4/29/2007, 12:15 AM
yeah but you should be used to rejection....on all levels.

Scott D
4/29/2007, 12:19 AM
Oh good heavens. I have several male friends close by that I could call if I needed them. Point is, it shouldn't have to be that complicated to get your car fixed.

to be honest, you'll see that getting anything repaired you run into that risk. It really doesn't matter if you are male or female, once a mechanic or plumber, etc. learn that you don't know more than minimal rudimentary things about the subject, they find ways they can get over on you. Unfortunately, research is probably the best way you'll find out about where to go and who at what place is trustworthy.

Blue
4/29/2007, 12:20 AM
nm.

Melo
4/29/2007, 12:24 AM
I had to walk into Autozone the other day to have them check my battery, and I always feel like everyone stops and stares at me when I go into an automotive place. Like they're thinking, "who the hell is this guy? he doesn't belong!" It's like being rejected from the yaht club...only not so much.

Going to Autozone was your first mistake. Idiot.

SG - Take the time, buy the ****, call dad, and learn how to do the basic stuff on your own. And when you go in for something you cant fix on your own, lay it down, tell them what you need done, and leave if they wont do it. Someone, somewhere, will do it for you, even if it costs more. From what I have been able to figure out, most mechanic shops will do stuff for you, and only charge you for the actual work put in.

On a much different note - I learned how to change wiper blades the other day. And bleed brake lines on a bike. :D

Sooner24
4/29/2007, 08:44 AM
Going to Autozone was your first mistake. Idiot.

SG - Take the time, buy the ****, call dad, and learn how to do the basic stuff on your own. And when you go in for something you cant fix on your own, lay it down, tell them what you need done, and leave if they wont do it. Someone, somewhere, will do it for you, even if it costs more. From what I have been able to figure out, most mechanic shops will do stuff for you, and only charge you for the actual work put in.

On a much different note - I learned how to change wiper blades the other day. And bleed brake lines on a bike. :D

With Sic'em it was about his 2,387 mistake.

BajaOklahoma
4/29/2007, 08:59 AM
What dealership? And make of car?
I may be able to help.

SicEmBaylor
4/29/2007, 10:35 AM
With Sic'em it was about his 2,387 mistake.
I had to go to Auto Zone. That's where my dad bought the battery in Muskogee, and it was under warranty there.

MamaMia
4/29/2007, 11:14 AM
Jerk - it would be inexcuseable to Photoshop anything compromising your natural physical state.Now I'm beginning to think that y'all photo shopped my picture when I posted it here. If I could remember the date I would search the fark board. :O