PDA

View Full Version : Movie reviews:

Okla-homey
4/28/2007, 05:54 PM
On DVD in the last 48 hrs we have watched:

Last King of Scotland: eggsellent. Forrest Wgitaker's portrayal of Idi Amin was compelling and scary. The protagonist was the fawn in "Chronicles of Narnia" BTW. I highly recommend it.

Blood Diamond: DeCaprio actually did a great job. Dead-on Rhodesian accent. Moving story. Especially so for the tin-foil hat crowd. Note: diamonds are fungible, there is no way to know if they are "conflict-free," and the retailer telling you so is no real assurance. Sorry.

The Queen: Reasonably entertaining. I understand how Helen M. got the Oscar, but the movie was underwhelming. The guy who played Tony Blair and the woman who played Mrs Blair were amazing too.

sanantoniosooner
4/28/2007, 05:56 PM
I just saw Night at the Museum and Flushed Away last night.

Both were better than I expected them to be.

Kid friendly movies is the bomb.

King Crimson
4/28/2007, 05:56 PM
Forrest Whitaker *is* really good in LKS.

SicEmBaylor
4/28/2007, 06:02 PM
Homey, I've thought about watching The Queen but is it just pro-Diana propaganda?

Jeopardude
4/28/2007, 06:27 PM
Homey, I've thought about watching The Queen but is it just pro-Diana propaganda?

Man, the stick up your *** has a stick up its ***.

It's a movie. See it or don't. Don't make it a political statement whether you see it or not.

proud gonzo
4/28/2007, 06:33 PM
Homey, I've thought about watching The Queen but is it just pro-Diana propaganda?it's not about Diana, it's about the Queen.

sanantoniosooner
4/28/2007, 06:34 PM
Sic'em should like a pro-Queen movie.

John Kochtoston
4/28/2007, 06:44 PM
Sic'em should like a pro-Queen movie.

Obligatory http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/5/5f/Fm2.jpg reference.

SicEmBaylor
4/28/2007, 07:16 PM
it's not about Diana, it's about the Queen.
It's about how the Queen and Royal Family dealt with the death of Diana.

proud gonzo
4/28/2007, 07:33 PM
It's about how the Queen and Royal Family dealt with the death of Diana.no, that's what happens in the movie. it's ABOUT the Queen.

SoonerBorn68
4/28/2007, 07:40 PM

It's a movie. See it or don't. Don't make it a political statement whether you see it or not.

Daaaaaang. I'll bet you're off your meds.

SicEmBaylor
4/28/2007, 07:44 PM

There seem to be a lot of people with sticks up their *** lately.

rufnek05
4/28/2007, 08:10 PM
There seem to be a lot of people with sticks up their *** lately.

al gore??

celeberty death match referance is anyone remember that show.

Okla-homey
4/28/2007, 09:01 PM
it is about how they dealt with the royal sluts death. FWIW.

Newbomb Turk
4/28/2007, 09:13 PM

watched Night at the Museum last night. The whole family liked it.

Oldnslo
4/28/2007, 10:27 PM
Look for "The stick up your *** has a stick up its ***" to become part of my personal lexicon.

PhxSooner
4/28/2007, 10:34 PM
Another thumbs up for Night at the Museum. It kept my 4 year-old and seven year-old entertained, along with mom and dad. That's hard to do.

We are off to see Meet the Robinsons tomorrow afternoon. I've heard it's good, too.

SicEmBaylor
4/28/2007, 11:09 PM
it is about how they dealt with the royal sluts death. FWIW.
That's what I thought . I went and bought the movie and liked it quite a bit. I don't think it took a decidedly negative view of the Royal Family at all.

I'm just not a fan of Diana.

slickdawg
4/28/2007, 11:09 PM
I bought Deja Vu tonight, Circuit City was OUT of widescreen Bight at the Museum, dammit.

stoops the eternal pimp
4/28/2007, 11:19 PM
I know they are older but i m about to do a double feature of The Illusionist/The Prestige in a few minutes...

VeeJay
4/28/2007, 11:20 PM

Watched Flushed Away a few months ago with the missus and my seven year old. The kid movies today are entertaining. Listen closely, and it's obvious they're keeping the adults entertained, too, with the dialog. A couple of my other favorites have been Cars, Monsters Inc., and Searching For Nemo.

GottaHavePride
4/28/2007, 11:23 PM
No love for The Incredibles? I'll watch that damn movie every freakin' time it comes on.

Blue
4/28/2007, 11:39 PM
Last King of Scotland wasn't a keeper in my opinion.

FW was decent, the plot...not so much.

PhxSooner
4/28/2007, 11:49 PM
No love for The Incredibles? I'll watch that damn movie every freakin' time it comes on.
My family loves that movie. "We'll get there when we get there!"

Monsters Inc. is a new favorite for us. Our youngest no longer gets scared at Randall.

sanantoniosooner
4/28/2007, 11:53 PM
I know they are older but i m about to do a double feature of The Illusionist/The Prestige in a few minutes...
nice

I liked both with the Illusionist being a slight favorite of the two.

def_lazer_fc
4/29/2007, 04:09 AM
i thought the prestige had a tad bit better of a story. illusionist was good though. always been a ed norton fan.

just went to go see hot fuzz the other day, and that **** was hilarious. highly recommended.

soonerboomer93
4/29/2007, 04:42 AM
incredibles rocks, but my colleague borrowed/stole my copy of it for his children (i'm not worried, it's a Korean version so he can keep it for the kiddo's)

and The Prestige = Winnah

i just e-mailed my parents and told them they should rent it some time infact.