PDA

View Full Version : Slickdaughter to the ER !!!!

slickdawg
4/27/2007, 11:10 PM
She tripped on the playground at daycare, and her chin hit something, and
she bit hard into her lip. Bad.

They called us, slickwife got her to the hospital, I was right behind them (damned downtown traffic). Her front tooth and the one to the right of it are
pushed back a bit. Her lip is busted. It broke my heart.

She wouldn't take liquid motrin because of the pain, so I told the effin doctor to give her a shot, so they did, and she felt better.

They called an oral surgeon, and he said the teeth should be ok (over the phone??). WTF?

So we took her to Childrens Hospital in Dallas for a second opinion. Yep, for baby teeth, they really don't do much for them.

While we were waiting at Children's, there was a black muslim lady with big ol glasses and a full burka.

She was in line behind slickwife and the drugged slickdaughter (I was parking the car).

Slickdaughter points to her and says "MONSTER!!!!!!"

Slickwife says "There's no such thing as monsters, I don't see a monster"

Slickdaughter emphatically points at the lady and says "MONSTER!!!!!!"

then they called our name.

SicEmBaylor
4/27/2007, 11:13 PM

They called us, slickwife got her to the hospital, I was right behind them (damned downtown traffic). Her front tooth and the one to the right of it are

She wouldn't take liquid motrin because of the pain, so I told the effin doctor to give her a shot, so they did, and she felt better.

They called an oral surgeon, and he said the teeth should be ok (over the phone??). WTF?

So we took her to Childrens Hospital in Dallas for a second opinion. Yep, for baby teeth, they really don't do much for them.

While we were waiting at Children's, there was a black muslim lady with big ol glasses and a full burka.

She was in line behind slickwife and the drugged slickdaughter (I was parking the car).

Glad to hear she is going to do well and no longterm injuries were incurred. She's a smart girl though with the whole burka thing.

I'm 24 and point and say the exact same thing when I see a muslim.

SoonerGirl06
4/27/2007, 11:16 PM
What hosptial did ya'll go to originally? Children's is excellent.

No big worry if it's baby teeth and yeah... they can explain all the details to the Oral Surgeon over the phone and that's okay.

Glad to hear she's alright.

GottaHavePride
4/27/2007, 11:21 PM
I'm glad it sounds like she'll be ok, slick. Must have been pretty hair-raising at the time, though.

bigdsooner
4/27/2007, 11:32 PM

dang slickdawg, glad your daughter's doin good. my oldest daughter did the same thing when she was 1 or 2, her teeth went thru her bottom lip, she's 16 now and no scar's and her teeth are just fine. slickdaughter will be okay

stoops the eternal pimp
4/27/2007, 11:35 PM
Glad she is ok...I have seen the inside of a ER way too many times with the daughter

OCUDad
4/27/2007, 11:48 PM
I'm 24 and point and say the exact same thing when I see a muslim.And you still have all your baby teeth.

proud gonzo
4/28/2007, 12:23 AM
Glad to hear she is going to do well and no longterm injuries were incurred. She's a smart girl though with the whole burka thing.

I'm 24 and point and say the exact same thing when I see a muslim.well that's a ****ing classy comment.

SicEmBaylor
4/28/2007, 12:27 AM
well that's a ****ing classy comment.
I've got class coming out of my ***, babe.

olevetonahill
4/28/2007, 12:43 AM
Its your kid , your kids hurt , Dads freak ! Nuff said
Give slickdaughter a hug from olevet
Tell her I said it will be ok
I remember My son being rushed to the er he was 12 or so , I was on a sells call , tole the folks I dont want ya money Im gone . I drove 90 to nuthin . ritr side ,left side Middle I didnt care , I was a single Dad he was MY kid .
So yea I feel for ya
Like I said Give the baby a big ole SO hug .
FGod bless her .

proud gonzo
4/28/2007, 01:09 AM
I've got class coming out of my ***, babe.you're lucky i'm not a mod. I would have banned you for that, joking or not.

SicEmBaylor
4/28/2007, 01:17 AM
you're lucky i'm not a mod. I would have banned you for that, joking or not.
Which part of the comment had you so upset and why?
Do you honestly think that I point to muslims and yell, "monster!"?
I'm really perplexed at your reaction.

soonerboomer93
4/28/2007, 01:51 AM
glad to know she's alright

olevetonahill
4/28/2007, 02:02 AM
Which part of the comment had you so upset and why?
Do you honestly think that I point to muslims and yell, "monster!"?
I'm really perplexed at your reaction.
Sicemator
I think it was the Azz class and Babe part
but Hell Im a stoner what I know ?

Osce0la
4/28/2007, 02:44 AM
My son fell down the stairs a few months ago...scared the living **** outta my wife. I didn't know about it until I got home...he was fine, and now will not stay away from the ****ing stairs...

Glad Slickdaughter is ok...

BajaOklahoma
4/28/2007, 03:24 AM
Glad she is fine.
Did they tell you to feed her only soft foods for the next few day? Nothing sticky (like carmels) or hard (like carrots) to mess with the teeth. It just helps the teeth sockets tighten back up.

MamaMia
4/28/2007, 05:48 AM
What a scare. Glad shes okay. :)

ChickSoonerFan
4/28/2007, 11:52 AM
Bless her heart....sounds like she is going to be OK....glad to hear it.

sanantoniosooner
4/28/2007, 11:57 AM
My youngest fell on some metal steps and split a front tooth across the tooth. Real weird break. They decided to pull it and it's been pretty slow coming back.

Even if it's a baby tooth, it's not something you take lightly to yank it out.

Glad to hear it wasn't worse.

85Sooner
4/28/2007, 12:02 PM
Glad She is OK.

On the Monster.........................from the mouths of children

HskrGrl
4/28/2007, 12:52 PM
Poor thing! I'm glad she is ok. Give her lots of extra hugs. They are proven to help little ones heal faster. ;)

slickdawg
4/28/2007, 01:06 PM
What hosptial did ya'll go to originally? Children's is excellent.

No big worry if it's baby teeth and yeah... they can explain all the details to the Oral Surgeon over the phone and that's okay.

Glad to hear she's alright.

Lakepointe in Rowlett, it is the closest to the daycare.

Both of her lips are swollen pretty big today, expecially the bottom lip. She's wanting to eat, but cant because it hurts. She did manage to eat some soft ice cream.

Heartbreaking.

slickdawg
4/28/2007, 01:08 PM
I'm glad it sounds like she'll be ok, slick. Must have been pretty hair-raising at the time, though.

Man, you don't know. I drove warp factor 8 through traffic in Dallas to meet them at the ER.

I know she's gonna have bumps and bruises, but this was bad.

soonersweetie
4/28/2007, 02:18 PM
Glad she's ok

I bet popsicles would feel good on her lip since it's swollen and sore. The cold from the popsicle might help the swelling as well.

Fraggle145
4/28/2007, 02:24 PM
if she wants hot foods, go with scrambled eggs and mashed taters. The tooth itself might be really sensitive still due to the nerve being exposed/altered.

I've broken my front teeth 5 times, and it isnt fun, but if its baby teeth should be okay.

glad to hear she is doing a little better, give her more ice cream! :D

olevetonahill
4/28/2007, 05:54 PM
Chicken Noodle soup Broth
46 yrs agao after my appendectamy
I could eat that , and Jello for 2 weeks
I still love Both of em :cool:

SoonerGirl06
4/28/2007, 07:39 PM
Lakepointe in Rowlett, it is the closest to the daycare.

Both of her lips are swollen pretty big today, expecially the bottom lip. She's wanting to eat, but cant because it hurts. She did manage to eat some soft ice cream.

Heartbreaking.

Yeah... you were right to have taken her to Children's.

Have you tried milkshakes? Or even protein shakes slightly frozen? You may want to try that until the pain goes away and she's able to eat normal foods.

Bless her heart. I'm sorry to hear she's not feeling good, but glad it wasn't anything more serious.

bonkuba
4/28/2007, 09:32 PM

Thanks for making me spit Diet Coke all over the screen!!!:D

That really made my night......still laughing!!!:D :D

Well, I hit submit before I meant to......I have a 3 year old boy. I havent been through this yet (the big accident thing).....but I am sure it is coming and not looking forward to it.

-Sean

slickdawg
4/28/2007, 11:03 PM
Yeah... you were right to have taken her to Children's.

Have you tried milkshakes? Or even protein shakes slightly frozen? You may want to try that until the pain goes away and she's able to eat normal foods.

Bless her heart. I'm sorry to hear she's not feeling good, but glad it wasn't anything more serious.

We tried one last night, she wouldn't have anything to do with it. She wanted it, but she couldn't suck on the straw, and wouldn't let momma feed it to her with a spoon.

Thank God, she is feeling better this evening. I've been able to give her motrin every 6 hours all day, and the swelling has gone down a bit. She's starting to act like her old self again, which it great. That bottom lip is still
swollen and gnarly, but not as bad.

Thanks to everyone for your concern and kind words. More proof, this is the greatest place on the internet. And the few of you I've met in person have been great people as well.

I aspire to meet Dean.

Turd_Ferguson
4/28/2007, 11:15 PM
My oldest son, when he was 3, would climb onto the kitchen counter to get into the cookies. He would open the bottom cabinet door and use the shelf as a step. Well, one day he climbed up, got some cookies and slid back down off the counter......right onto the corner of the cabinet door. Tore a little hole in his little sacky. :cry:

BOT...Slick...I hope everything is fine. I have a 5 year old daughter with no ER visits yet....hope to keep it that way

VeeJay
4/28/2007, 11:24 PM
Best wishes and prayers for the Slickdaughter.

The last thing you want is to see your kid in pain.

slickdawg
5/2/2007, 01:01 PM
I took her to the pediatric dentist yesterday to make sure everything is ok, and it is, so a big AMEN that slickdaughter is going to be ok.

OUDoc
5/2/2007, 01:05 PM
Good.

sanantoniosooner
5/2/2007, 01:10 PM
Good.
did you get a cut of the co-pay?

rufnek05
5/2/2007, 01:10 PM
She's a smart girl though with the whole burka thing.

nnot even gonna repsond to that

nmsoonergirl
5/2/2007, 01:13 PM
Yeah for okay little girls!!!!

slickdawg
5/2/2007, 01:15 PM
Yeah for okay little girls!!!!

Amen to that too! :D