OKLA21FAN
4/27/2007, 10:46 AM
lots of 'ya know's though

jk the sooner fan
4/27/2007, 10:48 AM
eh, big deal....

Big Red Ron
4/27/2007, 11:37 AM
Ya' know, my agen't's gonna choke the beoch who leaked my shoulder stuff to SI.

:D

Dallas
4/27/2007, 12:48 PM
**RECAP**

** Interview with Adrian Peterson **

Tell us bout the condition of the shoulder?
The information on my shoulder is positive. Its 90% healed. I don’t know where this leaked out from. Probably from a team that hopes that I slide. I got CT scans at the Combine. I came back in March and got it rechecked, and it was nothing but positive from the results. Team doctors were at the site and there was nothing but good news from it.

Did you reinjure it at the Fiesta Bowl?
Yes, sir. I didn’t re-break it. I just reinjured it because it wasn’t fully healed.

Was it a mistake to try to come back and play?
No, because nothing major happened to it. If I didn’t play people would probably say something else. I reinjured it, but teams have done advanced CT and bone scans on it, and they aren’t concerned. I’m not going to need surgery. I’ll be ready to play.

Did Cleveland flunk you on your physical?
No. That is totally false. I came back after the Combine to have it rechecked, and everything turned out good.

Do you like this draft experience or is getting old?
Its just part of the process. Its been a long process. And I had the shoulder issue on my plate going into it, so I’ve spent hours and hours waiting in hospitals and getting my shoulder pulled on, but it will be all worth it after tomorrow.

Did you go to any performance camp to workout for the draft?
Yeah, I went to Arizona. It worked out good.

I heard they taylor make your nutrition and workouts for you.
Yeah, they had a good group of guys down there.

It doesn’t come cheap does it? I heard it costs $15k for just a month of work.
Its worth it. Its just part of the draft experience. I enjoyed being around all these great players. I enjoyed competing against Bradie Quinn, Jarmarcus Russell. Marshawn Lynch.

Do they let you eat Potato Chips?
They tell you what you should eat, and you have your meals planned out.

You’re going to be a first round draft pick. You’ve accomplished so much in college, but this hasn’t been an easy life for you has it?
No, not at all. But when you’re in the spotlight you take whatever goes along with it. I haven’t had an easy life, but God has blessed me. I just take the good with the bad.

I want our listeners to know some of the things that you’ve been through. How much is it still a nightmare for you remembering the day your brother was hit and killed by a drunk driver?
I think about it all the time, and I saw it happen right in front of my face. I was 7 years old when it happened. It was devastating. But I’m a stronger man from it. Its been an inspiration that makes me so driven to be where I am.

How difficult was it to have a father in prison?
It was difficult, I was at a young age. My dad was also there for me in my life. He put first put the ball in my hands. But growing up with just my mom, it was just me and her. My dad may have not been there physically, but he was with me spiritually.

And even recently, one the eve of the Combine, your half brother was shot and killed in Houston.
Yeah, I found out the night before I was supposed to work out. I was up until 2 or 2:30 am because I couldn’t sleep. I just prayed for God to give me strength. It all depends on how you look at things, because things in life will test your faith. Its gonna hurt, but what are you going to take away from it? Are you going to use it as a positive or a negative. I use it to motivate me. It makes me want to go get it even more.

People say this player had a rough day because he fumbled the ball or he didn’t run well. Your life puts things like that in perspective doesn’t it?
Yeah, I don’t let small things bother me. I’ve been through a lot and I can put things in perspective.

Thank you Adrian. I’ll see you tomorrow and enjoy your day tomorrow.
I will, and How About Them Cowboys?

Haha!! You think you’ll be there at #22?
I don’t know. You never know what will happen in the draft.

sooner518
4/27/2007, 12:55 PM
as a Denver resident, can I just echo the sentiment that....
AD will be a Bronco!!!!

:D

SteelClip49
4/27/2007, 01:58 PM
People will **** Adrian?

I will not. OU is in much better shape now without him. Adrian was good as a freshman, but other than that he was just a show.

There was always the idea that, "What can the team for Adrian?"
It was like that plenty.

starclassic tama
4/27/2007, 06:00 PM
you are an idiot

Octavian
4/27/2007, 07:29 PM
People will **** Adrian?

I will not. OU is in much better shape now without him. Adrian was good as a freshman, but other than that he was just a show.

There was always the idea that, "What can the team for Adrian?"
It was like that plenty.

:rolleyes:

insuranceman_22
4/27/2007, 10:36 PM
That dude needs to be bitch-slapped (fmrempouathdept), maybe twice!

SteelClip49
4/28/2007, 01:00 AM
for stating some truth? ooooook.