PDA

View Full Version : I wish it were me...

OUstudent4life
4/27/2007, 10:35 AM
The wife's last day of 23 consecutive years of school is today (she's counting kindergarten).

She's spent more than a third of her life attending the University of Oklahoma. 11 years and three degrees later...I think we owe the government our first-born's first-born.

And yes, we downloaded and then cranked up Alice Cooper's "School's Out."

Scheduling 4 weeks of vacation before graduation = teh win. :D

Boomer.....
4/27/2007, 10:36 AM
Congrats to her and you for supporting her!

OUstudent4life
4/27/2007, 10:41 AM
Heh. Support = her with a real job, and me still in skool.

I am so smart, I am so smart, S-M-R-T...I mean S-M-A-R-T!

OKLA21FAN
4/27/2007, 10:45 AM
The wife's last day of 23 consecutive years of school is today (she's counting kindergarten).

She's spent more than a third of her life attending the University of Oklahoma. 11 years and three degrees later...I think we owe the government our first-born's first-born.

And yes, we downloaded and then cranked up Alice Cooper's "School's Out."

Scheduling 4 weeks of vacation before graduation = teh win. :D

some advice: tell he to not pad her resume. its not a good idea, are so we are told.

85Sooner
4/27/2007, 11:34 AM
Will she now leave you for some young hawt dood? That happened to my friend. Watch yourself :)

OUstudent4life
4/27/2007, 11:52 AM
some advice: tell he to not pad her resume. its not a good idea, are so we are told.

She's already got her job...~76 hours/week at OU Medical Center. Fun fun fun. The only good part...I'll be there, too, but for slightly less hours, and not getting paid.

Gah.

:D

Fugue
4/27/2007, 12:10 PM
She's already got her job...~76 hours/week at OU Medical Center. Fun fun fun. The only good part...I'll be there, too, but for slightly less hours, and not getting paid.

Gah.

:D

Candy Striper?

;)

OUstudent4life
4/27/2007, 04:21 PM
Man, THAT would take a while to pay off her student loans.

Heh. On another note, I just found out today that my (future) PhD defense in the summer allows me to go through the little Commencement here on OUHSC campus. Nice of them to get that straightened out. It'll prevent my wife from getting all uppity with her Dr. title. :D

Though now I gotta run around to get a cap and gown.

StoopTroup
4/27/2007, 04:55 PM
Time to get a job.

Are you in for a big surprize....;)

Congrats!

OUstudent4life
4/28/2007, 07:33 AM
Hecks no...this finishes one degree...I've still got two more years of school and cheap football tickets left!

OCUDad
4/28/2007, 10:16 AM
Congrats to the wife, and pending congrats to you.

Once you're both doctors, does that mean you'll examine each other on a regular basis?