PDA

View Full Version : Is Capel going to sign anyone this spring?

stoopified
4/27/2007, 10:16 AM
Time is running out,doesn't the spring signing period end around May 6?Still haven't heard anything beyond rumors about Donte Smith.I'm trying to be patient but the waiting is killing me.Under Tubbs and Sampson there always seemed to be more buzz about recruiting.I hope this close to the vest approach of Capel's works.

King Crimson
4/27/2007, 11:44 AM
Smith will sign once he gets an appeal from the NCAA for eligibility.

though, while i think Coach Capel is a good hire and we won't be very good next year......it could be pointed out that we've missed on a couple PG recruits who wanted to be Sooners.....Ben Uzoh who committed to Tulsa after we dallied in offering him and the Roberson kid this year who we stalled hoping for Jai Lucas. Roberson committed to TTech. we also missed on big man Hernol Hall who ended up at Cincy a year ago.

instead, we did good to get Bobby Maze....but, obviously, it's back to square one.

Rhino
4/27/2007, 11:57 AM
As soon as Smith's eligibility waiver goes through, he'll probably sign with us.

Of course, we're all waiting on Jai Lucas (although it doesn't look as good as it once did) to make up his mind - its rumored to come this weekend or Monday. If he doesn't choose us (probably won't) and Smith comes our way, we'll probably sign one more kid and be done.

There's also been rumors of a transfer possibly coming our way.

Collier11
4/27/2007, 12:09 PM
can you give us any hints on the transfer? If not the name or school then atleast what conf this player might be coming from???

King Crimson
4/27/2007, 12:17 PM
i won't speak for Rhino and he may have better info than me.....but there are rumors of a t-fer player from Arkansas....and rumors of a 3 star player (big man) not from Arkansas. that's all i know.

Collier11
4/27/2007, 12:21 PM
awesome, thanks! I think I may know who the ark player might be

runner1182
4/27/2007, 02:25 PM
who is the ark kid? and what postion does he play?

Collier11
4/27/2007, 02:28 PM
the one ive heard of that is thinking about transferring is Beverly. He is a very talented guard...but I could be completely wrong so dont quote me on this one

sooner518
4/27/2007, 03:04 PM
the one ive heard of that is thinking about transferring is Beverly. He is a very talented guard...but I could be completely wrong so dont quote me on this one
ill quote you whenever I feel like it!! :D

Collier11
4/27/2007, 03:05 PM
ill quote you whenever I feel like it!! :D

are you talking dirty to me??? :O ;)

LittleWingSooner
4/27/2007, 03:32 PM
Smith will sign once he gets an appeal from the NCAA for eligibility.

though, while i think Coach Capel is a good hire and we won't be very good next year......it could be pointed out that we've missed on a couple PG recruits who wanted to be Sooners.....Ben Uzoh who committed to Tulsa after we dallied in offering him and the Roberson kid this year who we stalled hoping for Jai Lucas. Roberson committed to TTech. we also missed on big man Hernol Hall who ended up at Cincy a year ago.

instead, we did good to get Bobby Maze....but, obviously, it's back to square one.

Wasn't eligible at Cincy because he played on the Costa Rica national team. It's a good thing we missed out on him.

King Crimson
4/27/2007, 04:15 PM
watch out for the name Omar Really. a PG orig. commited to CSU that Capel mayb be interested in.

fwsooner22
4/27/2007, 04:23 PM
watch out for the name Omar Really. a PG orig. commited to CSU that Capel mayb be interested in.

Colorado State, Cameron State, Connecticut State, Calcutta State, ....;)

Rhino
4/27/2007, 04:29 PM
watch out for the name Omar Really. a PG orig. commited to CSU that Capel mayb be interested in. I think you Really mean Omar Leary. ;)

TopDawg
4/27/2007, 05:09 PM
I think you Really mean Omar Leary. ;)

Clearly what he meant to say was:

Watch out for the name Omar.

Really.

A PG orig. commited to CSU that Capel may be interested in.

Ya know, he meant "really" as in "seriously, watch out for the name Omar. I know it's not common, but watch out for it."

King Crimson
4/27/2007, 08:40 PM
I think you Really mean Omar Leary. ;)

dyslexia.

rankin07
4/27/2007, 10:25 PM
wow being patient really sucks..sure would be nice to know all this information

Sooner74
4/28/2007, 12:20 AM
No way we had a shot at Roberson. I went to school with him and he played tech up since last year. He has been in their bag for a while.

lubbocksooner
4/30/2007, 09:32 AM
Has anyone heard about Travis Leslie? There was an article posted on another site where it says he is coming to Oklahoma. Link below.

http://hoopsreport.com/news_view.php?id=233&type=Hoops%20News

rankin07
4/30/2007, 10:37 AM
ya Travis Leslie sounds like he's a great athlete

stoopified
4/30/2007, 06:09 PM
Finally a tiny recruiting tidbit.The Secret Service ain't got nothing over Capel.The dude keeps his own counsel.

cb4ou
4/30/2007, 06:31 PM
I just heard we are getting a transfer from UCLA?

Who are they talking about?

okienole3
4/30/2007, 06:37 PM
UCLA men’s basketball coach Ben Howland announced today that 6-foot-8-inch sophomore forward/center Ryan Wright will not be returning for next season. Wright, from Mississauga, Ontario, Canada will transfer to play his final years at another school.

Wright will leave UCLA after the spring semester and hasn’t made a decision as to where he will transfer.

“Ryan is an outstanding young man and we appreciate what he has done for this program over the past two years,” Howland said. “He worked hard everyday, showed great improvement and was an important part of our run to back-to-back Final Four appearances. We wish him nothing but the best.

“He will stay a part of the team and continue to work out with his coaches as well as his teammates during the spring. He will always be a part of the Bruin family and we appreciate all of his efforts over the past two years.”

Wright averaged 1.3 points and 0.9 rebounds per game while appearing in 28 of the 36 games without making a start during the 2006-07 season. He played in 150 minutes (5.4 minutes per game) while shooting 58.3 percent (14-for-24) from the field on the year.

“After speaking with my family and thinking about it for a long time, I feel that at this point in my career, the best thing for me to do is to explore other opportunities,” Wright said. “The coaching staff has helped me improve as a player and grow as a man and I am thankful to them for that. My teammates made me feel at home and I have a lot of great memories from my time here at UCLA.”

Maybe this guy?

stoopified
5/1/2007, 11:16 PM
Maybe this guy?Hmm

cb4ou
5/2/2007, 03:41 PM
This the guy they were talking about.

oufanfromks
5/6/2007, 06:59 PM
Good call on the Omar Leary thing.

LittleWingSooner
5/6/2007, 07:15 PM
http://oklahoma.rivals.com/barrier_noentry.asp?sid=895&script=/content.asp&cid=670998&fid=&tid=&mid=

stoopified
5/11/2007, 08:21 PM
Thats a good start.I guess if the UCLA transfer and the UA transfer are true recruiting is now closed for the spring.