PDA

View Full Version : SF.com mock draft (top 10 picks)

8timechamps
4/26/2007, 01:23 AM
I know we are all much smarter than Kiper...and his hair. Post you're mock top 10 picks.

Here's mine:

1 Oakland Raiders JaMarcus Russel/QB/LSU (of course, Al Davis can screw this one up)
2 Detroit Lions Gaines Adams/DE/Clemson (although, would it surprise anyone if they picked Calvin Johnson...another WR? The Lions kind of hold the cards in this years draft. TB wants Johnson, so the Lions could move down with the Bucs, or take Johnson and work a trade with them...either way this is a chance for Millen not to screw up a first round pick...but, he probably will)
3 Cleveland Browns Adrian Peterson/Stud/Oklahoma (a lot of "experts" say they will go with Quinn, but if they are smart, they know they can win NOW with AD. As of April 20th, Brown's GM Savage wants AD over Quinn.)
4 Tampa Bay Buccaneers Calvin Johnson/WR/G'Tech (probably the best player in the draft, and may end up in Detroit, but if not, the Bucs would be foolish not to take him here.)
5 Arizona Cardinals Joe Thomas/OT/Wisconsin (don't be surprised if AD is still on the board, he could very well end up in Phoenix...mark my words!)
6 Washington Redskins LaRon Landry/S/LSU (Look for a possible trade with Detroit to move up the board if they don't stay and take Landry. There's also the possibility of trading down to pick up LSU WR Dwayne Bowe, whom isn't expected to be a top 25 pick)
7 Minnesota Vikings Brady Quinn/QB/Notre Dame (the "experts" think AD falls to #7, I think that's just stupid. They need a QB more than a RB.)
8 Atlanta Falcons (from Houston) Levi Brown/OT/Penn State (there have been rumors that the Falcons could take AD if he falls this far...yet another bit of wishful thinking by the Falcons. No way he falls to #8. A more likely scenario would be for the Falcons to take Okoye)
9 Miami Dolphins Amobi Okoye/DT/Louisville (I think this is the best defensve player in the draft, the kid is so young, with amazing physical ability.)
10 Houston Texans (from Atlanta) Alan Branch/DT/Michigan (May seem crazy to add another young D lineman to the Texans, but it may not seem so crazy in a couple of years.)

A rumor has surfaced here (in Denver) that the Broncos are feverishly trying to work a deal with Detroit to get the #2 pick. I personally don't think it'll happen, but they very well could end up tading up to #8, 9 or even 10 to try and pick up Okoye...which they badly need)

King Crimson
4/26/2007, 04:55 AM
i can't say i get real excited about AD to the Brownies, but it's better than Detroit, Zona, or the Rayduhs.

if the Broncs move up, i'm hearing (also in Denver) that it's Johnson they want at #2. But, who knows with the Dove Valley mafia and goofball "Please Shanny, don't kick us out of the buffet" Denver sports "journalists"?

Big Red Ron
4/26/2007, 09:06 AM
I have a sick feeling that AD will go to Detroit or Tampa.

sooner518
4/26/2007, 09:26 AM
im feeling AD in Minnesota

King Crimson
4/26/2007, 09:40 AM
I have a sick feeling that AD will go to Detroit or Tampa.

i could live with Tampa, Detroit is bad juju.

8timechamps
4/26/2007, 01:34 PM
i can't say i get real excited about AD to the Brownies, but it's better than Detroit, Zona, or the Rayduhs.

if the Broncs move up, i'm hearing (also in Denver) that it's Johnson they want at #2. But, who knows with the Dove Valley mafia and goofball "Please Shanny, don't kick us out of the buffet" Denver sports "journalists"?

As much as our boy Shanahan loves RBs, I'll say you're right. Since they just (over)paid for Henry. IF they can work a deal with the Lions, it'll be for Calvin. For whatever reason, Dove Valley loves the idea of an offset WR for Javon (and I can't say I would hate the idea), but we need D line help much worse.

Desert Sapper
4/26/2007, 03:01 PM
I think the Falcons trade up for Calvin Johnson, I think Quinn goes to the Browns, and I think AD drops to the Buccs. I think whoever goes to the Raiders is royally screwed, but Russell is one bigass mofo, so he might actually live to see his sophomore season in the NFL. Quinn probably wouldn't.

sanantoniosooner
4/26/2007, 03:08 PM
I think they cancel the draft and take turns letting AD play for each team.

JohnnyMack
4/26/2007, 03:27 PM
1. Oakland - JaMarcus Russell
2. Detroit - Brady Quinn
3. Cleveland - Joe Thomas
4. Tampa - Calvin Johnson
5. Arizona - Gaines Adams
6. Buffalo (from Washington) - Adrian Peterson
7. Minnesota - LaRon Landry
8. Atlanta - Levi Brown
9. Miami - Leon Hall
10. Houston - Ted Ginn, Jr.

r5TPsooner
4/26/2007, 05:20 PM
I'd love to see AD go to Arizona. At least that way I live close enough to see him play possibly.

insuranceman_22
4/26/2007, 11:34 PM
I think AD should fire the agent, scrap the draft and come back to the Sooner fold for another year!!! Oh well, it's a nice thought!

oumartin
4/27/2007, 12:07 AM
nah, he wouldn't be able to hold up!

soonerinabilene
4/27/2007, 08:28 AM
I really, really think that russell is being WAY overrated. Honestly, I think Quinn is going to have the better career. Weis is a pro coach on a college team. Would you want a qb that was coached by him, or would you rather have one coached by miles? I think Weis. I cant stand doug gottlieb, but he made a good point on espn radio last nite. If you are trying to build a team, dont make the mistake of thinking you have to draft a qb to do it. Use free agency. Especially when there is a weak qb class. There is a huge possibility that Culpepper is going to be available. If he is not, you do have andrew walters for this season, who isnt much, but is a huge step above aaron brooks. Go for Johnson or AD. Get the biggest talent and build around that.

Soonermagik
4/27/2007, 09:37 AM
i could live with Tampa, Detroit is bad juju.

Tampa is my team and I would love for AD to go there, but it won't happen.
For starters, they have Cadillac who they have invested a lot of money in. Secondly, their receiving core is mediocre with Galloway being their best receiver. They are going after Calvin Johnson who may be the best player in the daft. They may even trade up to spot #2 to get him.