PDA

View Full Version : Will you buy an NFL Adrian Peterson jersey?

8timechamps
4/26/2007, 12:43 AM
I've never been a big jersey wearing type of guy, but I'm thinking about it....depending on the team he ends up with.

bri
4/26/2007, 01:12 AM
F*ck. Yes.

I don't care which team he goes to, as soon as it's on sale I'm getting one.

8timechamps
4/26/2007, 01:24 AM
F*ck. Yes.

So, you're on the fence huh?

bri
4/26/2007, 01:31 AM
Yeah. I need convincing. ;)

8timechamps
4/26/2007, 01:32 AM
Seriously though, I'll probably be online Saturday night ordering his jersey.

goingoneight
4/26/2007, 01:38 AM
I don't know, guys. ESPN analysts are saying the jersey may not hold in NFL right now. :rolleyes:

:D

SteelClip49
4/26/2007, 04:13 AM
It was projected he was going to be a Viqueen=hate them with a passion, then a Frown= hate them even more. He will not be a Steeler so I will not buy his jersey.

MamaMia
4/26/2007, 07:41 AM
I already have an OU #28 t-shirt and a #28 football jersey, so I'm good.

King Crimson
4/26/2007, 07:53 AM
i still want one of those crimson #28 t-shirts with All Day on the back.....

starrca23
4/26/2007, 08:33 AM
I do the T-shirt thing. I have an AD, and a Dirk, and a Jim Edmons. I like to support my favs, but the t-shirt is a lilttle more grown up to me than the jersey. Hopefully I can find an AD NFL version as well.

StuIsTheMan
4/26/2007, 09:16 AM
Hell Yeah! 4 of them, one for the Mrs. and my boys and maybe one for Milo too! Because it's gonna be a BRONCO JERSEY!

SOONERKAT
4/26/2007, 09:20 AM
Well, as the Texans are teh suc, I have no problem buying the jersey of any team to support my boys. I will get his jersey no matter where he ends up and make sure it hangs between my #28 Sooners jersey and my #91 Bears jersey.

Big Red Ron
4/26/2007, 10:00 AM
The Brown really need to upgrade their duds. People buy brown baseball caps with a brown helmet on the front. Gehy.

buffalobill989
4/26/2007, 10:04 AM
yeah since he will be a bill;)

stoopified
4/26/2007, 11:02 AM
Yes.No.Maybe.I'm waffling on the subject.

soonerboy_odanorth
4/26/2007, 11:42 AM
The NFL is teh suck, IMO. TO and his like and criminals make it so. See the article on Messner in the DO. Nice blurb about the former LoSuR that will almost assuredly be drafted over Messner, huh?

I only watch it casually, or to check in and see how Sooners are doing.

Otherwise I'd rather be shopping with the honey.

In the fall, what I live for is Saturdays. Even Friday nights over Sunday.

soonersweetie
4/26/2007, 11:45 AM
Absolutely! I will have one. I still have the Quentin Griffin jersey from when he was with the Broncos.

I always support our OU guys in the NFL.

bri
4/26/2007, 11:46 AM
Man, so many words...and yet none of them actually answered the question that this thread poses. :D

setem
4/26/2007, 11:56 AM
I love AD just like everyone else. I would not go as far as to say he is the "Greatest of All Time".

He was awesome at OU and he could prove me wrong in the NFL. I think Murray has a chance to really do something special!

What does AD stand for anyways? Shouldnt it be AP?

Soonermagik
4/26/2007, 12:35 PM
I love AD just like everyone else. I would not go as far as to say he is the "Greatest of All Time".

He was awesome at OU and he could prove me wrong in the NFL. I think Murray has a chance to really do something special!

The reason AD goes by AD is to avoid having 2 AP's i.e. Allen Patrick He really is a team player. ;)

Seamus
4/26/2007, 01:29 PM
I still want a Ron Mexico jersey.

http://sportsmedia.ign.com/sports/image/article/602/602086/jersey-of-the-week-ron-mexico-20050406031734738-000.jpg

8timechamps
4/26/2007, 01:31 PM

Well, Billy will (for now) be the greatest Sooner RB of all time, but it's hard not to put AD in the mix.

As for the NFL, I will go ahead and put my neck out now...he'll be the greatst of all time (even if he's not, he will be to me).

King Crimson
4/26/2007, 03:54 PM
i'm still mad Kejaun didn't get his place in the sun by punching one in against LSU.

it was pretty easy, pitch it to him a couple times and we go for two. Chuck could have been a genius of the conversion call....

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
4/26/2007, 05:25 PM
i'm still mad Kejaun didn't get his place in the sun by punching one in against LSU.

it was pretty easy, pitch it to him a couple times and we go for two. Chuck could have been a genius of the conversion call....Not often we agree, but YEAH, DAM*IT!

def_lazer_fc
4/26/2007, 09:22 PM
i prolly will just so long as he doesn't go to the browns. that dark brown color makes my butt look big.

OUFAN29
4/27/2007, 11:05 AM
Absolutely! I will have one. I still have the Quentin Griffin jersey from when he was with the Broncos.

I always support our OU guys in the NFL.

This is news to me darlin. :confused: Our team doesnt have a first round pick this year.

soonersam
4/27/2007, 11:08 AM
Not only will I buy one............... yes yes I will buy one.
-Waterboy

Jimminy Crimson
4/28/2007, 03:45 AM

it was pretty easy, pitch it to him a couple times and we go for two. Chuck could have been a genius of the conversion call....

I'd almost let that go... :mad:

;)

Shaz-Bot
4/28/2007, 10:27 AM
http://lp.imageg.net/prod?set=key[name],value[PETERSON]&set=key[number],value[28]&set=key[displaysize],value[220]&load=url[http://chains.imageg.net/graphics/dynamic/chains/p1368946_customback.chain]

Spray
4/28/2007, 12:45 PM
I will buy one, but not to wear. 1 large frame with home and away OU jerseys and a home Vikes jersey in the middle.

Jimminy Crimson
4/28/2007, 02:07 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v338/LongJohn81/prod.jpg

:twinkies:

tommieharris91
4/28/2007, 02:13 PM
I won't buy one because I hate the Viqueens.

opksooner
4/28/2007, 05:41 PM
According to vikings.com, AD has been issued jersey #28. :)

SoonerShark
4/28/2007, 06:26 PM
F*ck. Yes.

I would never wear purple or buy purple. Adrian will be dressed like Prince now, playing on green concrete indoors in Minnesota. Come to think of it, I don't like any pro teams. The only pro team I watch is the Texas Longhorn team, which surprisingly enough, is the sole pro team to not give out W2s each January. I am shocked that OU can compete with Texas since the poor OU players need to make do working at car lots.

badger
4/28/2007, 07:15 PM
Is it too late to change my answer to NOOOOOOO, stupid VIKINGS, NEVERRRRR?

kssoonerfan7
4/29/2007, 02:13 AM
man i would have probably bought any other team but god i hate purple.

Crimson Kid
4/29/2007, 07:39 AM
Love AD, Hate minny.

No i won't be buying one.

bri
4/29/2007, 06:14 PM
I think I'll be going with the away jersey on this one. :D

hurricane'bone
4/29/2007, 06:20 PM
I would never wear purple or buy purple. Adrian will be dressed like Prince now, playing on green concrete indoors in Minnesota. Come to think of it, I don't like any pro teams. The only pro team I watch is the Texas Longhorn team, which surprisingly enough, is the sole pro team to not give out W2s each January. I am shocked that OU can compete with Texas since the poor OU players need to make do working at car lots.

I'm uhh...pretty sure field turf isn't green concrete...but thanks for playing!

bri
4/29/2007, 06:34 PM
No, not logic!

IT BURNSSSSS!!! IT BURNSSSS USSSSSSS!!!!!

Blue
4/29/2007, 06:36 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v338/LongJohn81/prod.jpg

:twinkies:

It's growing on me...

birddog
4/29/2007, 07:59 PM
I'm uhh...pretty sure field turf isn't green concrete...but thanks for playing!

are you sure?

thanks for playing.

hurricane'bone
4/29/2007, 09:56 PM
are you sure?

thanks for playing.

Yeah, because otherwise it wouldn't be used at OU's practice fields and a large number of colleges and NFL teams.

soonerboy_odanorth
4/30/2007, 10:07 AM
Observations (with a personal slant) from the front:

1.) I grew up in Western OK and my two favorite teams were always the Cowboys and Vikings. And typically they were both doing well. It seemed like if one wasn't in the Super Bowl, the other was.

2.) The last 5-7 years both teams have sucked. Badly.

3.) I have almost completely quit watching pro football because of #2 and because of what I have previously mentioned with the TO's of the NFL and the ongoing police blotter. (And I cannot root for the Cowboys until they get rid of that #(^(^@&%)@#&$_@)#(%&!!!! )

4.) This is the first time in the last probably 5 years that the Vikings first round selection hasn't been met with a chorus of boos. In fact, the place erupted when AD was selected. Folks up here are mega-stoked about the pick. The Star Tribune Sports headline screamed "A Sooner for the Better", and people here are beside themselves that the Vikes actually made THE pick insted of bumbling and stumbling all over themselves.

5.) This aura of hope might be lending itself to me reconsidering my vote.

That is all. Carry on.

Sooner in Tampa
4/30/2007, 11:03 AM
No way in hell I will be sporting a purple effin jersey.

Now a white one...maybe.

sooner94
4/30/2007, 11:44 AM
No way in hell I will be sporting a purple effin jersey.

Now a white one...maybe.

Yeah, I'm not a fan of purple either. I'll look into getting the white version.

I will be a Viking fan now. AD and Rufus on the same team is pretty cool.

But who do I root for when the Bears and Vikings play each other?:eek:

soonerboy_odanorth
4/30/2007, 11:55 AM
Yeah, I'm not a fan of purple either. I'll look into getting the white version.

I will be a Viking fan now. AD and Rufus on the same team is pretty cool.

But who do I root for when the Bears and Vikings play each other?:eek:

Just need to re-name the division "The Big XII South-North". Heh.

Robison from TX was also drafted by the Vikes to join Cedric Griffin from last year. And of course you've got all the Sooners and Benson and Vasher w/ da Bears. Pretty interesting, really. (Bet there'll be just a bit of chatter in those locker rooms come a certain weekend in October.)

(BTW, buzz on Ruuuu is muted. His measurables weren't very good and a lot of people think he might be a reach. But HC Childress did say about Ruu that sometimes you just have to get a player and not get all caught up in the measurables. I hope he's got enough chops... )

Petro-Sooner
4/30/2007, 03:19 PM
The Brown really need to upgrade their duds. People buy brown baseball caps with a brown helmet on the front. Gehy.

What exactly is a "brown" anyway?

boomersooner82
4/30/2007, 03:37 PM
What exactly is a "brown" anyway?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brown

;)

Boarder
5/1/2007, 11:52 AM
Why would you hate purple? It's not like it's orange.

KSU? Like they've done enough to warrant hating. Yeah, they were annoying for a few years, but to me all the destruction they dealt with for years kind of let them off the hook.

Harry Beanbag
5/1/2007, 05:18 PM
Ordered mine last night.

hgarmorer
5/1/2007, 10:22 PM
I'm in Korea now, and I'm probably going to get one while I'm here for about $20 bucks. More than likely, the white one will be coming back stateside.

Harry Beanbag
5/3/2007, 06:39 PM
Mine shipped today. Nothing wrong with a purple sports jersey all you homophobes. ;)

Soonerfan88
5/5/2007, 01:22 PM
I just don't get into the NFL. I'm basically like a fantasy owner - usually just check the stat sheets to see how my team (Sooners) are doing and occasionally watch a game.

cvsooner
5/7/2007, 11:56 AM
Walked into a mall in Bakersfield, California Saturday, May 5. Shop there called 'Sports Fan.' Prominently displayed in the window, next to the Joey Porter #55 Miami Dolphins jersey, was a #28 Peterson Minnesota Vikings jersey.

Man, how do they get these things manufactured so fast? He was only drafted a week ago.

starrca23
5/10/2007, 06:27 PM
Okay, I saw one in person today, one of my students had it on. It was sweet. I'm gettin one!

jacru
5/10/2007, 09:50 PM
I'll root for AD but I ain't a Vike fan and ain't gettin' a Vike jersey.

Boarder
5/21/2007, 01:22 PM
The Wal-Marts in Norman has a Peterson Vikings T-shirt with his picture on the front. It's kind of neato.

47straight
5/21/2007, 03:51 PM
My girlfriend got me an AD vikings jersey for graduation. I've never owned/worn a jersey.

47straight
5/29/2007, 10:02 PM
Got it in the mail. If it looks this good on me, I can't imagine how good AD is gonna look in it.