PDA

View Full Version : AMERICAN IDOL tonight

proud gonzo
4/25/2007, 07:37 PM
Il Divo is singing and the one dude's eyebrows are totally freaking me out. holy crap.
:les: CREEPY CREEPY CREEPY!!!

proud gonzo
4/25/2007, 07:43 PM
i'm serious--the dude on the right is scary when he sings :eek:
http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B0007QS4KK.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

sanantoniosooner
4/25/2007, 07:47 PM
I prefer the American version

http://claytoncounts.com/neato/devo.jpg

proud gonzo
4/25/2007, 07:55 PM
no kidding.

Jack Black was funny, though :D

proud gonzo
4/25/2007, 08:44 PM
...Elvis? :confused:

proud gonzo
4/25/2007, 08:53 PM
FINALLY. their website actually let me donate money. It was all jammed up forever.

sanantoniosooner
4/25/2007, 09:14 PM
I couldn't comment because I had to watch it on the DVR a little later.

YES......Mr. Eyebrows was freaky.

Jack Black was good. Seacrest butchered the intro, but got to redeem himself.

I think it was a class move to handle the voting the way they did, though I'd kick the crap out of Ryan if I was Jordin.

Soonrboy
4/25/2007, 09:34 PM
I thought that Elvis thing was pretty cool. Some of the scenes of the kids was pretty powerful.

proud gonzo
4/25/2007, 09:36 PM
I couldn't comment because I had to watch it on the DVR a little later.

YES......Mr. Eyebrows was freaky.

Jack Black was good. Seacrest butchered the intro, but got to redeem himself.

I think it was a class move to handle the voting the way they did, though I'd kick the crap out of Ryan if I was Jordin.NO KIDDING. I had a feeling they weren't going to kick anybody off today, though. it was just crap to do that to Jordin.

And yeah, some of those videos were pretty moving. I already did my donating.

sanantoniosooner
4/25/2007, 09:38 PM
I think they scored big by keeping half the funds here. It's tough to ignore what's at home to go out and meet needs, but it's almost as bad to not recognize the terrible need out there.

Dude that had attended 280 funerals spoke volumes.

proud gonzo
4/25/2007, 09:42 PM
I think they scored big by keeping half the funds here. It's tough to ignore what's at home to go out and meet needs, but it's almost as bad to not recognize the terrible need out there.

Dude that had attended 280 funerals spoke volumes.yeah, i agree. I'm glad they showed that. The problems in this country aren't the same problems as in Africa, but they're still important.

sanantoniosooner
4/25/2007, 09:46 PM
yeah, i agree. I'm glad they showed that. The problems in this country aren't the same problems as in Africa, but they're still important.
yeah, the American kid was crying because mom was working 3 jobs and they had little

The African kid was crying because both parents were dead and he was 12-13 and raising his siblings.

Pain is real, no matter what it is, but those aren't the same problem.

Soonerus
4/25/2007, 09:48 PM
Who cares ???

sanantoniosooner
4/25/2007, 09:50 PM
Who cares ???
I knew before I opened the thread again that you would be saying something stupid.

Do yourself a favor and don't comment on tonights show unless you watched some of it.

Soonerus
4/25/2007, 09:52 PM
No, I never watch the show because , I DON"T CARE about this made for TV faux drama...

sanantoniosooner
4/25/2007, 09:54 PM
No, I never watch the show because , I DON"T CARE about this made for TV faux drama...
like I said. This would be a good night to skip bashing the show because
YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT IN HADES HAPPENED ON IT

Soonerus
4/25/2007, 09:55 PM
...and don't care...

sanantoniosooner
4/25/2007, 09:57 PM
...and don't care...
then find another thread to screw up.

Soonerus
4/25/2007, 09:58 PM
...did I screw this up, darn, such a great thread...

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
4/25/2007, 10:01 PM
then find another thread to screw up.For some reason, if some people don't like a thread, instead of just not clicking on it any more, they prefer to try to mess it up, or try to get a mod to lock it.

Soonerus
4/25/2007, 10:02 PM
Rush, that is your plan, obviously...

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
4/25/2007, 10:06 PM
Rush, that is your plan, obviously...I didn't watch Idol tonight. I sometimes do.

jk the sooner fan
4/25/2007, 10:06 PM
NO KIDDING. I had a feeling they weren't going to kick anybody off today, though. it was just crap to do that to Jordin.

And yeah, some of those videos were pretty moving. I already did my donating.

how in the hell did they do that elvis deal?

amazing......and i gotta say......"pretty moving"??? lord they had the tearjerk factor set WAY on high tonite...

carrie underwood's cover of i'll stand by you WAS AWESOME.....damn i liked that

would somebody explain to me just what the hell "il divo" is?

proud gonzo
4/25/2007, 10:12 PM
yeah, the American kid was crying because mom was working 3 jobs and they had little

The African kid was crying because both parents were dead and he was 12-13 and raising his siblings.

Pain is real, no matter what it is, but those aren't the same problem.well, i was more talking about the fact that we don't have a Malaria and AIDS problem, but we have other things.

Soonerus
4/25/2007, 10:14 PM
If they raised the amount of money I am hearing for charities then I fully support them...

proud gonzo
4/25/2007, 10:15 PM
how in the hell did they do that elvis deal?

amazing......and i gotta say......"pretty moving"??? lord they had the tearjerk factor set WAY on high tonite...

carrie underwood's cover of i'll stand by you WAS AWESOME.....damn i liked that

would somebody explain to me just what the hell "il divo" is? I think they had footage of him from some other performance and very carefully matched up camera angles and computerized it. They did a damn good job with it though.

Il Divo is some ****ty group that Simon Cowell produces... sorta like a young 4 tenors type thing, but i think they're crap.

proud gonzo
4/25/2007, 10:16 PM
If they raised the amount of money I am hearing for charities then I fully support them...smart turnaround there.

jk the sooner fan
4/25/2007, 10:17 PM
i'd agree with you on the "they're crap"...

yeah the Elvis thing was amazing.........i figured out nobody was going home when they said the first 4 were safe...i just had a feeling, of course had no idea how they're going to let 2 go next week...but that was kind of screwed up to do jordin that way

the bass player for Earth Wind and Fire looked freaky with the bald forehead and the long hair...

that was a good show tonite and bravo to them for doing this.....

Soonerus
4/25/2007, 10:21 PM
smart turnaround there.

I didn't know because I wasn't paying attention but someone pointed it out to me...so I approve....even though I do not watch...

jk the sooner fan
4/25/2007, 10:23 PM
if you dont watch, why the hell are you posting in this thread? you say "you dont care".....

Soonerus
4/25/2007, 10:25 PM
Why not, some prohibition ?????

jk the sooner fan
4/25/2007, 10:40 PM
nope, no prohibition against being a moron

Soonerus
4/25/2007, 10:44 PM
nope, no prohibition against being a moron

As evidenced by your presence...

Melo
4/25/2007, 11:01 PM
When they said Il Divo, or what the craphell ever, my mother and I had an interesting conversation:

Melo: Who?
Momelo: El Nino?
Melo: ILL NINO! But wait... theyre a rock band...
Momelo: Il Devo!

Which then commenced into opera singing in the Melo household of 'WHIP IT GOOD!' Harmonizing and everything. It was glorious. And much more entertaining than Il Stinko, or whoever it was.

proud gonzo
4/25/2007, 11:05 PM
This isn't really related to American Idol, but I thought I'd use this thread also to mention the (RED) Campaign (http://joinred.com), designed to help eliminate AIDS in Africa. It follows alongside the ONE Campaign (http://www.one.org) (to eliminate poverty).

There are a lot of companies--Motorola, iPod, Converse, GAP, American Express, and Emporio Armani, to name a few--who have specific (RED) Products, the purchase of which contributes money to the cause.

My favorite are the GAP (RED) Products. They have some really awesome things. They have shirts, underwear, bags, necklaces, candles, and more. And no, the items are not all the color red, but many are. There's everything from a $100 jacket to this pin that's only $1.
http://img20.imageshack.us/img20/4576/redpinkp8.jpg

So anyway, you can have some pretty cool things and help people out when you buy them, too.

Sooner98
4/25/2007, 11:15 PM
I think I am going to click on every single thread in the South Oval that I don't care about, and proudly proclaim that I don't care about said topic. Maybe this can be a new trend, sort of like copycat threads, etc.

proud gonzo
4/25/2007, 11:21 PM
I think we should get somebody to pledge money to charity for each time somebody is stupid on here.

seriously guys, does it really make sense to bitch about somebody ****ing up a thread? guess what--it ****s up the thread even more. For once there was at least the HINT of a conversation on here that meant something on here. Can you quit ****ing and moaning at each other for ONE minute?

soonerboomer93
4/25/2007, 11:31 PM
come here often???

;)

Blue
4/25/2007, 11:38 PM
well, i was more talking about the fact that we don't have a Malaria and AIDS problem, but we have other things.

Not as bad as Africa, but i wouldn't call it, "Not a problem" here in the US.

proud gonzo
4/25/2007, 11:50 PM
Not as bad as Africa, but i wouldn't call it, "Not a problem" here in the US.obviously I didn't mean it's nonexistant here. I was speaking relatively.

Blue
4/25/2007, 11:54 PM
obviously I didn't mean it's nonexistant here. I was speaking relatively.

well ok then. ;)

Osce0la
4/26/2007, 07:06 AM
I think we should get somebody to pledge money to charity for each time somebody is stupid on here.

seriously guys, does it really make sense to bitch about somebody ****ing up a thread? guess what--it ****s up the thread even more. For once there was at least the HINT of a conversation on here that meant something on here. Can you quit ****ing and moaning at each other for ONE minute?
Somebody would go broke very quickly... ;)

Mjcpr
4/26/2007, 08:42 AM
If they raised the amount of money I am hearing for charities then I fully support them...

Ai'ght, Fox....y'all can go ahead and release the funds.

The Eagle has approved; repeat, the Eagle has approved. Over.

Mjcpr
4/26/2007, 08:44 AM
obviously I didn't mean it's nonexistant here. I was speaking relatively.

Who is it, an Aunt? I bet it's an Aunt isn't it?

Soonrboy
4/26/2007, 09:23 AM
Carrie's song...man that was awesome. I even thought Annie Lennox doing Bridge over Troubled Waters was great.

jk the sooner fan
4/26/2007, 09:24 AM
i didnt care for Annie so much, but yeah......Carrie was GREAT - she should release that as a single

I thought Kelly sounded pretty good with Jeff Beck - that was a nice performance

Mjcpr
4/26/2007, 09:24 AM
I even thought Annie Lennox doing Bridge over Troubled Waters was great.

Meh.

sanantoniosooner
4/26/2007, 09:26 AM
Annie was meh, but it's all part of the package deal. If it wasn't for the eyebrow gymnastics, Il Divo would have been a complete waste. And as jk mentioned, the bass player for earth, wind, and fire was hilarious.

Another part that I enjoyed was the fact that Sanjaya took a lot of ribbing in good humor even though his sister looked WAY less amused by it :D

jk the sooner fan
4/26/2007, 09:30 AM
Annie was meh, but it's all part of the package deal. If it wasn't for the eyebrow gymnastics, Il Divo would have been a complete waste. And as jk mentioned, the bass player for earth, wind, and fire was hilarious.

Another part that I enjoyed was the fact that Sanjaya took a lot of ribbing in good humor even though his sister looked WAY less amused by it :D

i dont know why she'd be sour about it, her brother is about to CASH IN on the whole thing

Okla-homey
4/26/2007, 09:33 AM
To be honest, that Elvis-Celene duet was one of the coolest things I've ever seen on TV. I know, its been done before, but not as convincingly.

of course, it was dripping with irony. Dead guy who died of fatness singing with a stick-woman.;)

sanantoniosooner
4/26/2007, 09:33 AM
i dont know why she'd be sour about it, her brother is about to CASH IN on the whole thing
That's why HE is smiling.

I imagine all the criticism weighs a little different on the family members though. Even if you know you are set, getting ripped constantly could be hard on the ego.

Okla-homey
4/26/2007, 09:34 AM
I also bet Jordin about shat herself at the end there.

sanantoniosooner
4/26/2007, 09:35 AM
I also bet Jordin about shat herself at the end there.
she should kick Ryan in the gonads.

Soonrboy
4/26/2007, 09:38 AM
she could easily take him. I forgot about Kelly Clarkson singing. She looks alot like Valerie Bertinelli, but with an awesome voice.

Okla-homey
4/26/2007, 09:41 AM
she could easily take him. I forgot about Kelly Clarkson singing. She looks alot like Valerie Bertinelli, but with an awesome voice.

Very Janis Joplin-esque last night IMHO.

sanantoniosooner
4/26/2007, 09:42 AM
Very Janis Joplin-esque last night IMHO.
Hair and dress.

My family asked if she was hiding a pregnancy and I said she was channeling Janis.

jk the sooner fan
4/26/2007, 09:48 AM
i thought she looked like Valerie Bertinelli as well....and the heavier version, she's put on some of that weight she lost

and i sorta thought that all the contestants but jordin was in on the deal last nite......seemed chris had a smirk on his face and knew, but jordin sure didnt

C&CDean
4/26/2007, 10:41 AM
jordin is a chick?

jk the sooner fan
4/26/2007, 10:49 AM
jordin is a chick?

yeah she's the 17 year old daughter of a former NFL safety - phillipe sparks - of all the contestants, she's the only one with a personality that has mass appeal

C&CDean
4/26/2007, 11:08 AM
Oh I couldn't give a **** about who she is or what she does or anything else. It's just when I've skimmed through all the POS idol threads I always assumed Jordin was a guy.

Y'all carry on with your reality.

soonerbrat
4/26/2007, 11:15 AM
......Carrie was GREAT - she should release that as a single

I think they did release it as a single..you can buy it on iTunes if they did and proceeds go to the charity

Mjcpr
4/26/2007, 11:16 AM
This is her, Deaner.

http://www.americanidol.com/media/contestants/season6/t/jordin_sparks.jpg

jk the sooner fan
4/26/2007, 11:20 AM
This is her, Deaner.

http://www.americanidol.com/media/contestants/season6/t/jordin_sparks.jpg

he and Rus DONT CARE........cant you read?

Mjcpr
4/26/2007, 11:21 AM
Oh, I was just skimming through the thread and saw Dean asking about her so I just assumed he was curious.

C&CDean
4/26/2007, 11:22 AM
She's black too?

And I really don't care jk. I'm bored. And if you use my name and Russell's name in the same context/sentence again you're gonna be looking at hard time.

jk the sooner fan
4/26/2007, 11:23 AM
boy talk about people taking things literal.....lighten up francis

soonersweetie
4/26/2007, 12:17 PM
I thought it was an awesome show. Sometimes we forget how blessed we are to have everything we have. I see those kids starving and no parents and I look at how full my kitchen pantry is and realize I could feed about 50 or so kids with what I have.

There are a lot of charities that are scams, but last night wasn't one of them. There is no reason with all the money we have in the world that anyone should go hungry, especially a child.

C&CDean
4/26/2007, 12:48 PM
boy talk about people taking things literal.....lighten up francis

And don't call me Francis either.

Pricetag
4/26/2007, 12:49 PM
It really says something about the tenacity of life and the human race that those people over there in Africa are able to reproduce at the rate that they do. It just seems like there would be a breakdown in the process somewhere, whether it be the poverty and its effects on the body causing them to not be able to get pregnant in the first place, or what is most certainly a total lack of neo-natal care (along with the same malnutrition that they faced before) during pregnancy.

Blue
4/26/2007, 02:19 PM
It really says something about the tenacity of life and the human race that those people over there in Africa are able to reproduce at the rate that they do. It just seems like there would be a breakdown in the process somewhere, whether it be the poverty and its effects on the body causing them to not be able to get pregnant in the first place, or what is most certainly a total lack of neo-natal care (along with the same malnutrition that they faced before) during pregnancy.

i hate to be harsh, but those folks in Africa have had centuries to figure it out and they've made hardly any progress. I mean i went to the site and it said 50 bucks could buy 12 mosquito nets to help fight Malaria.

At what point in your civilization do you say, "Hey, lets make a net or build an adequate shelter to keep out those mosquitoes."

just seems like they don't help themselves to much.

And quit having 12 babies apiece!

...I did donate though...

sanantoniosooner
4/26/2007, 02:21 PM
i hate to be harsh, but those folks in Africa have had centuries to figure it out and they've made hardly any progress. I mean i went to the site and it said 50 bucks could buy 12 mosquito nets to help fight Malaria.

At what point in your civilization do you say, "Hey, lets make a net or build an adequate shelter to keep out those mosquitoes."

just seems like they don't help themselves to much.

And quit having 12 babies apiece!

...I did donate though...
It's amazing how uneducated people make poor decisions.

Look how stupid the educated in the states are. It's not hard to believe their plight given the government and levels of education.

C&CDean
4/26/2007, 02:23 PM
To be frank, the only reason I haven't **** all over this thread is because PG started it. I like her too much.

sanantoniosooner
4/26/2007, 02:24 PM
To be frank,
so much for hating trolls.........

jk the sooner fan
4/26/2007, 02:47 PM
:rolleyes:

soonerbrat
4/26/2007, 03:19 PM
who's frank?

SleestakSooner
4/26/2007, 03:58 PM
And don't call me Francis either.

To be Frank, the only reason I haven't **** all over this thread is because PG started it. I like her too much.

Earnestly... Dean would rather be called Frank than Francis

proud gonzo
4/26/2007, 05:48 PM
To be frank, the only reason I haven't **** all over this thread is because PG started it. I like her too much.awwww, I http://img64.imageshack.us/img64/2117/heartuc2.jpg you too, Dean