PDA

View Full Version : Peterson re-injured his collarbone in Fiesta Bowl

colleyvillesooner
4/25/2007, 05:06 PM
Talk about teams sabatoging him so that he'll fall to them...

Peterson disclosed this to teams back in February but it comes out now, 3 days before the draft. ****ing bush league bull****.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/writers/don_banks/04/25/peterson/index.html

Teams wary of Peterson's health
Oklahoma RB re-injured his collarbone in Fiesta Bowl

Oklahoma's Adrian Peterson re-injured his collarbone against Boise State in the Fiesta Bowl.

Former Oklahoma running back Adrian Peterson, an almost certain top-10 pick in the first round of Saturday's NFL draft, re-injured his collarbone in the Sooners' loss in the Fiesta Bowl on New Year's Day -- an injury that has not been previously disclosed except to NFL teams.

Peterson broke his collarbone on Oct. 14 against Iowa State and missed the rest of Oklahoma's regular season, returning for the first time in the bowl game against Boise State. Peterson made NFL teams aware of the re-injury at the NFL Scouting Combine in February.

But at least two teams that SI.com spoke to acknowledged that Peterson's health was a consideration in their draft analysis.

A high-level source on one team said the evaluation of their medical staff was that Peterson will require a surgical procedure, which would delay his availability at the start of training camp and perhaps longer. That team estimated Peterson would be sidelined after the procedure for "two or three months." That would likely mean Peterson would miss the entire offseason workouts of the team that drafted him and make him questionable for the early part of the preseason.

"Because of him re-injuring it in the bowl game, it's not as far along as it should be, it's not healed," said a team executive. "He lost three months with the re-injury. The question is, will it be healed enough to take a hit. Or will he hurt it again, the way [ex-Detroit receiver Charles Rogers] kept doing.

"It's not enough to take him off anyone's board, but it's a concern because of his straight-up running style. He has been a bit injury-prone and now you've got a situation where you're drafting damaged goods."

A source on a second team stressed that Peterson's re-injury was a "minor" consideration in the grand scheme of things.

"If we take, we take him because he's a good football player," the source said. "If it takes him time to heal, it takes him time. We're looking at his skills. But it's one of those things that everyone in the league knows about. He re-injured it in the Fiesta Bowl, but he kept playing."

Peterson, the top-rated running back in the draft, is a candidate to go as high as No. 3 to Cleveland and is not expected in any scenario to last past No. 10 Houston.

yermom
4/25/2007, 05:11 PM
that sucks

it did kinda seem like something was going on by the way they were talking about him not being healed yet, it should have been fine by now

OUMonster
4/25/2007, 05:15 PM
Geez

StuIsTheMan
4/25/2007, 05:24 PM
thats ok because
AD WILL BE A BRONCO!!!

RedstickSooner
4/25/2007, 06:17 PM
Uhm... How, precisely, would this help an NFL team get him to drop to them?

Are you suggesting that he's released this info only to *some* NFL teams? If so, then, quite frankly, he *should* drop for concealing it. But it sounds to me like the NFL teams knew full well about this injury. So who, precisely, is this going to surprise and influence? Are you saying it'll cause his stock to drop amongst teams that pick players based purely on what Joe Shmoe thinks about a player?

Seems rude to release this if he was keeping it private, but I don't really see how it would affect his draft status. The only thing it might do is explain why his draft stock had dropped some - why teams didn't seem as hot on him as you would expect, given his ability.

colleyvillesooner
4/25/2007, 06:22 PM
Uhm... How, precisely, would this help an NFL team get him to drop to them?

Are you suggesting that he's released this info only to *some* NFL teams? If so, then, quite frankly, he *should* drop for concealing it. But it sounds to me like the NFL teams knew full well about this injury. So who, precisely, is this going to surprise and influence? Are you saying it'll cause his stock to drop amongst teams that pick players based purely on what Joe Shmoe thinks about a player?

Seems rude to release this if he was keeping it private, but I don't really see how it would affect his draft status. The only thing it might do is explain why his draft stock had dropped some - why teams didn't seem as hot on him as you would expect, given his ability.

I'm talking about 1 team official saying that it would cost him 2-3 months. That perks up the teams thinking about drafting him. He told all 32 teams, ans only 1 medical staff thinks he may miss 2-3 months, and the only other one that commented said it was a "minor" consideration.

You don't put it past an NFL team to sandbag their interest in a player to get another team to second guess jumping them to take him?

silverwheels
4/25/2007, 06:27 PM
thats ok because
AD WILL BE A BRONCO!!!

Not when it's extremely, extremely probable that they will go for DE or a secondary position in the first round...

RedstickSooner
4/25/2007, 06:34 PM
I'm talking about 1 team official saying that it would cost him 2-3 months. That perks up the teams thinking about drafting him. He told all 32 teams, ans only 1 medical staff thinks he may miss 2-3 months, and the only other one that commented said it was a "minor" consideration.

You don't put it past an NFL team to sandbag their interest in a player to get another team to second guess jumping them to take him?

Yeah -- that'd make sense. Kinda funny him re-injuring it, though -- didn't the commentators during the Big 12 CCG sort of imply that he had been medically cleared, and was just sitting out because he was a big pansy?

Guess they didn't know as much as they thought -- since it clearly wasn't fully healed then.

Harry Beanbag
4/25/2007, 06:47 PM
The latest rumor I heard regarding Peterson is a pretty good one, whether it's actually true or not. If he's there when the Cardinals are on the clock at #5, Edgerrin James to Buffalo for the Bills' #12 pick. Cardinals then take Peterson and hope Levi Brown or Leon Hall is there at 12.

Suerreal
4/25/2007, 07:00 PM
I think the timing of this may hurt AD's status more than you might think.

A team willing to take a gamble on Tuesday that AD would be a real contributor for the 07-08 season, might be less willing to take a chance if every talking head and armchair quarterback has plenty of time to make their thoughts known (for future "I told you so" finger wagging reference).

OTOH, AD and his agent really don't have much time to get out any kind of credible rebuttal.

[conspiracy theory]Was Brady Quinn's team that angry at yesterday's flip flop?[/ct]

- Sue

soonerboomer93
4/25/2007, 07:48 PM
Not when it's extremely, extremely probable that they will go for DE or a secondary position in the first round...

secondary is no longer as big need (they might go for a safety, but can wait until later rounds)

I even heard rumors that denver is looking to trade up, maybe to the 2nd spot. The bottom line is whatever you think denver will do, they probably won't.

MamaMia
4/25/2007, 09:45 PM
I wonder if it was just too soon for him to play? :(

Cam
4/25/2007, 09:51 PM
The latest rumor I heard regarding Peterson is a pretty good one, whether it's actually true or not. If he's there when the Cardinals are on the clock at #5, Edgerrin James to Buffalo for the Bills' #12 pick. Cardinals then take Peterson and hope Levi Brown or Leon Hall is there at 12.
I hope for his sake that doesn't happen.

sooner518
4/25/2007, 09:54 PM
if all the teams knew about it months ago, why would this information leaking today have changed their minds just now?

Big Red Ron
4/25/2007, 10:13 PM
I don't think this will have any affect on his draft status. He's a freak and EVERYBODY knows.

Hell, Willis McGahee was a top-tier draft pick and he had a severely blown out knee that wasn't healed.

McGahee was good, but no Adrian Peterson.

Harry Beanbag
4/25/2007, 10:34 PM
I hope for his sake that doesn't happen.

I don't know, I think the future is brighter for the Cardinals than it is for the Raiders, Lions, Browns, and Bucs.

Octavian
4/25/2007, 10:35 PM
It might help Adrian's career if he fell a few spots and didn't have to play for some hell hole organization with a porous OL and few quality skill players to take the heat off him. He's not a Reggie Bush who can transform an offense through his versatility. He's a lightning fast sledgehammer.

He's already got endorsement opportunities knocking down his door...so it's not like he won't bank one way or the other.

...and to be sort of selfish for a second...

He's the most high profile Sooner in the draft in a long time...his success and his team's success could be of great recruiting benefit to OU. It might be better for him and us if he wasn't a top 5 pick. I'd rather see him at a strong organization with a solid supporting cast than see him picked in the Top 5 just for its own sake.

I mean, if I had my choice...he'd be a Patriot or a Colt.

Big Red Ron
4/25/2007, 10:41 PM
I mean, if I had my choice...he'd be a Patriot or a Colt.

Could you imagine him in Pittsburg? Splitting carries with an all pro Back for a couple of years and then taking over in two or three years?

If he ends up a Cowboy, I'm moving to Canada.

Octavian
4/25/2007, 10:48 PM
Could you imagine him in Pittsburg? Splitting carries with an all pro Back for a couple of years and then taking over in two or three years?

I actually deleted that for a second since it sounded crazy...but you quoted it too fast. :O

:D

Yeah, I mean what good is it gonna do for Adrian to be a top pick and go play for some perennial loser? The media will sink its teeth in and call him a bust even if it's not his fault he's surrounded by mediocre teammates.

I don't wanna see that happen to Adrian just so we can sit around and celebrate him being a top 5 pick. If it happens though...great for him. Either way, he's only a couple days away from fulfilling his dreams.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
4/26/2007, 12:07 AM
I don't know, I think the future is brighter for the Cardinals than it is for the Raiders, Lions, Browns, and Bucs.C'mon Harry. The Cards are hopeless until Bill Bidwill sells them. Unfortunately, I don't think he wants to. The Cards are a dead end destination.

Jewstin
4/26/2007, 12:22 AM
<Denny Green> ADRIAN PETERSON WAS WHO WE THOUGHT HE WAS.</Denny Green>

I don't want AD to go to the Cardinals simply because ole Leinart is on there. That guy doesn't deserve having that kind of back standing next to him in shotgun formations. ;)

GoState
4/26/2007, 12:24 AM
I wonder when it happened in the Fiesta Bowl - I can't remember any plays where he hit it awkwardly. He played most of the game and had that huge run in OT to put you guys up. I guess it's possible he injured it on that last run. The guy is a freak of nature and will be a great pickup for any team. My preference would be to see him go to the Broncos, however unlikely that may be.

mxATVracer10
4/26/2007, 07:39 AM
I dont think it was on the OT run because if I remember correctly, he was basically untouched until the end zone "think for a split second about diving in over the defender, but then decided to jump over him" thing

Shneeg11
4/26/2007, 08:14 AM
Here's the thing.....after the Fiesta Bowl, Peterson never wore a brace, and continued to work out and lift weights...you CANNOT do that with an injured collarbone! So if he did hurt it, it had to have been an extremely minor tweak, and nothing that has kept him out for anytime at all so far, so it should not do that in the future...just my .02

Boomer.....
4/26/2007, 08:27 AM
If he had re-injured his collarbone after the bowl game, why did he decide to jump into the NFL as an injured player. Why wouldn't he go back to college, let it heal, re-prove himself, and go higher in the draft? Unless he thought that he might get injured again.

stuckinlubbock
4/26/2007, 08:31 AM
I wonder how many more times I will have to see that picture from the fiesta bowl of allen patrick mislabeled as adrian peterson. CNNSI is using it in the story on its website. ESPN used the same misinformation a few weeks ago. Its funny we get information from these people and they can't tell the difference from a three and an eight.

OU-HSV
4/26/2007, 09:14 AM
I heard this on the radio this morning. They said it's officially been announced that all NFL teams knew of this at the time of the combine.
I hope this doesn't hurt him bad on Saturday, but I'm afraid it might.

Big Red Ron
4/26/2007, 09:23 AM
I heard this on the radio this morning. They said it's officially been announced that all NFL teams knew of this at the time of the combine.
I hope this doesn't hurt him bad on Saturday, but I'm afraid it might.I don't think this will have any affect on his draft status. He's a freak and EVERYBODY knows.

Hell, Willis McGahee was a top-tier draft pick and he had a severely blown out knee that wasn't healed.

ashley
4/26/2007, 09:28 AM
No truth to this story. I talked to a coach this morning and he says it is all bull.

buffalobill989
4/26/2007, 10:15 AM
so ur telling me we are going to give az our #12 for there #5 & edge. wont happen. were are rebuilding & are building thru the draft and w/ players under 30 (reason we cut milloy, spikes, troy vincent) marv will never do it. if we trade up its to get ad. :D

Texas Golfer
4/26/2007, 10:43 AM

Hmmm. Now where have I heard this before? ;)

Big Red Ron
4/26/2007, 10:58 AM
Hmmm. Now where have I heard this before? ;) ;)

Texas Golfer
4/26/2007, 11:02 AM
Here's the thing.....after the Fiesta Bowl, Peterson never wore a brace, and continued to work out and lift weights...you CANNOT do that with an injured collarbone! So if he did hurt it, it had to have been an extremely minor tweak, and nothing that has kept him out for anytime at all so far, so it should not do that in the future...just my .02

If he reinjured his collarbone, it wasn't in the Fiesta Bowl. It had to be either at the combine or shortly thereafter.

Spray
4/26/2007, 11:03 AM
so ur telling me we are going to give az our #12 for there #5 & edge. wont happen. were are rebuilding & are building thru the draft and w/ players under 30 (reason we cut milloy, spikes, troy vincent) marv will never do it. if we trade up its to get ad. :D

Actually, in HBean's scenario above, Buffalo only gets James. AZ keeps #5 and also gets Buffalo's #12.

Scott D
4/26/2007, 01:05 PM
secondary is no longer as big need (they might go for a safety, but can wait until later rounds)

I even heard rumors that denver is looking to trade up, maybe to the 2nd spot. The bottom line is whatever you think denver will do, they probably won't.

Patrick Willis or LeRon Landry are bigger needs...one of whom will be available if Denver manages to trade up to 10 or 11.

buffalobill989
4/26/2007, 01:38 PM
Actually, in HBean's scenario above, Buffalo only gets James. AZ keeps #5 and also gets Buffalo's #12.

dang if thats the case, i would rather thro in a 3rd and get turner. dude put the madden controller down and step back:D

OU-HSV
4/26/2007, 03:41 PM
I don't think this will have any affect on his draft status. He's a freak and EVERYBODY knows.

True. I guess I'm with ya on this...I mean he's still the same freakish RB he's always been, that hasn't changed. And if it comes out true that he did re-injure it, they ought to respect the fact that he came back and attempted to help the team in the Fiesta Bowl (of which we don't speak of).

stonecoldsoonerfan
4/26/2007, 03:52 PM
I wonder if it was just too soon for him to play? :(

that's what i was thinking.:confused:

Harry Beanbag
4/26/2007, 05:39 PM

That is correct. Of course the Cardinals would never be able to sign two top 12 picks but that's another matter all together.

Texas Golfer
4/27/2007, 01:35 AM
AD says his collarbone is fine.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/football/nfl/specials/draft/2007/04/26/bc.fbn.draft.peterson.ap/index.html?eref=si_topstories

OU-HSV
4/27/2007, 08:56 AM
AD says his collarbone is fine.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/football/nfl/specials/draft/2007/04/26/bc.fbn.draft.peterson.ap/index.html?eref=si_topstories
good news
I can't wait to watch the draft tomorrow

opksooner
4/27/2007, 12:25 PM
This info was known to the teams at the combine. AD was upfront with them. It is just the ***MEDIA*** that is just now learning of this.

....the dumb ****s.

SoonerRoads
4/28/2007, 10:17 AM

Peterson disclosed this to teams back in February but it comes out now, 3 days before the draft. ****ing bush league bull****.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/writers/don_banks/04/25/peterson/index.html

Though it is bad that he reinjured that collarbone, long term, this may work in his favor. The first teams to pick, which are generally the least talented with the worst records, need someone who can play right now. The better teams, which pick later, might be able to afford him the opportunity to heal and rehab with hopes for his future contributions. If this were the case, he might be better off as well because the better teams have better lines and he may have good blocking in front of him, which should help his longevity. Either way, it may be bad news for him because it will mean less money in the beginning overall.

Just my take.

Cam
4/30/2007, 09:09 PM
I don't know, I think the future is brighter for the Cardinals than it is for the Raiders, Lions, Browns, and Bucs.
The Bidwell's are selling the team?

OU-HSV
5/1/2007, 07:36 AM
I heard on espn news last night AD's been cleared for the rookie mini camp

the dude
5/1/2007, 12:08 PM
OUInsider Interview with Adrian Peterson!
OUInsider Member Two Minute Drill: Former OU RB Adrian Peterson!
by James HAle (Orig posted on the member board Sunday)

As expected, former OU running back Adrian Peterson was the first running back taken in the NFL draft selected as seventh pick in the first round by the Minnesota Vikings on Saturday. Since that selection, Peterson has been on the run talking to a million people and executives and coaches from the Vikings. However, Peterson is never going to forget the people he met at the University of Oklahoma and despite finally running out of energy he talked James Hale and OUInsider.com:

JH: Congratulations on being selected as the seventh pick in the first round of the NFL Draft by the Minnesota Vikings!

AD: “Thanks! Thanks, man!”

JH: What do you think about it?

AD: “It is truly a blessing. I have just had a dream that I have had all my life finally come true. It is just an honor right now to represent the Minnesota Vikings.”

JH: Can you give us an idea what draft day was like for you? I know you didn’t have to wait long, but did it seem like a million hours?

AD: “Just sitting out there in the Green Room, it can seem like a million hours. You just sit back and watch from there. We were sitting there and after that fifth pick we were saying to ourselves, 'OK, we are still not out of the top 10 yet.' There were so many guys that were sitting there wishing they were in our position and there were some guys who were sitting in there for hours and hours and hours. That kind of put things in perspective for us, because I got out there pretty quick. I am very happy right now.”

JH: Did you have an idea it would be Minnesota?

AD: “Yeah, I had an idea that it was possible that I would be going to Minnesota. That is what I have been thinking this whole time. I knew that I could go possibly at three to Cleveland, but you really didn’t know. So we didn’t put all our eggs in one basket. And even though I never talked to Arizona, I was still thinking maybe Arizona at five. Minnesota at seven was one of my options so it wasn’t a big surprise. We knew that there was a chance I was going to get drafted by Minnesota .”

JH: You played the whole game in the Fiesta Bowl against Boise State and said after that game that your collarbone was fine and you were fine. But two days before the draft a report comes out from the NFL saying that you re-injured your collarbone in the Fiesta Bowl and when you can play in the NFL is in question. What did you think of that report and what is the real scoop?

AD: “It was stupid when it came out two days before the draft. There is no telling how it got leaked out. Basically, the reports were making it seem like I had completely broken my collarbone again or broke it in different spots. It was an anxious time, but I knew at the time I couldn’t do anything about it. I was on several radio shows and I did a couple of interviews with the media just trying to clear things up. I was trying to show and tell them that everything was looking good and all the teams had to understand it. I am pretty sure that kind of shook a lot of people up, but it worked out for the best. I got picked seventh overall by Minnesota and I am going to a good situation right now.”

JH: You played the entire game and your last run was a 25-yard touchdown run in overtime against Boise State, so when did you re-injure it?

AD: “I did play in every play in the Fiesta Bowl. I actually didn’t really know that there was anything wrong with the collarbone until about a month-and-a-half after that game. We learned that I had kind of re-fractured it a little bit. I was up in Arizona working out, lifting and everything and actually wasn’t limited on anything, but some X-rays that I had done came back and said I had a small compound fracture. I didn’t break it again, but I did have a new compound fracture in it. So, it just made it a little longer healing process.”

JH: You have now had an additional four months since the new injury, so are you healthy enough now to go through mini-camp?

AD: “Yes sir. I will be able to go through mini-camp and get myself prepared for the season.”

JH: What do you think about Minnesota and how they run the football?

AD: “I think I am going to fit in well. They already have a good running back with Chester Taylor who has been doing his thing (1,216 yards rushing last season). They have two all-pro offensive linemen in (Matt) Birk and (Steve) Hutchinson, so it was kind of like a blessing in disguise if you really want to think about it this situation that I am in. They have a great offensive line and I feel like I can go in and get things going right away.”

JH: What do you think about going to the same team that drafted your buddy Rufus Alexander?

AD: “That is a blessing. It is going to be fun to be around Rufus for some additional years. It was funny, as the draft was going on people were coming up to us and saying that we are really thinking about taking Rufus. I was telling them that I don’t know why he is still on the draft board because he is an outstanding player. Minnesota made the right decision and every team that passed on him passed on a great player.”

JH: Did it surprise you that C.J. Ah You didn’t go until the seventh around, and that Larry Birdine and Zach Latimer didn’t get drafted at all?

AD: “Yeah, that surprised me. I didn’t get to watch the draft because I was traveling back and forth, but I was trying to watch it when I was kicking it in the airport on my Sprint Phone until I had to turn it off on the flight. Still, that really surprised me.”

JH: AD, you have already gotten to the point that you are pushing your products like the Sprint Phone?

AD: “Oh yeah, I am learning fast!”

JH: Can you share with us what was said between you and the GM and coach of the Minnesota Vikings when they made the call to tell you they were drafting you?

AD: “When I answered the phone I heard 'Adrian', and then I was like, 'yeah?' Then they said, 'How does make you feel to know that we would love for you to be a Viking?' I said, 'Shoot' and then everybody in the room could see a big smile on my face. My face was lit up and I told them that I felt great about that, and that I love that. Then they basically just started to talk to me and they told me to remember what we had talked about when I had come down there on my visit, and how we love to run the ball. That is what is great about them — they like to run the ball. They said, 'We are looking for you to come in and turn this thing around.' Then they just kind of shuffled the phone around as I was talking to the GM and coach (Brad) Childress, and we had a pretty good conversation.”

JH: They do play indoors on artificial grass? Do you give a hoot if it is grass or artificial grass?

AD: “No, I don’t give a hoot. I think some of my best games came on that artificial grass, especially when we played at Oklahoma State (laughing).”

JH: How much has it prepared you to play in the NFL playing at OU under Head Coach Bob Stoops, running back coach Cale Gundy and Offensive Coordinators Chuck Long and Kevin Wilson?

AD: “I have definitely been prepared well. Coach Gundy guided me for three years and I learned a lot under him. Then, just playing in the Big 12 Conference and against all the great opponents that we faced, and all the talented players that they had made me a much better player. Just playing in that conference certainly gets you ready for the next level. Then, just playing under Coach made me a better player and person. Coach Stoops guided me like he was looking after me and his wisdom will help me in the NFL and in the league.”

Boomer.....
5/1/2007, 01:08 PM
Good read.

Seamus
5/1/2007, 01:14 PM
AD: “No, I don’t give a hoot. I think some of my best games came on that artificial grass, especially when we played at Oklahoma State (laughing).”

I love post-college career slaps at aggy-lite.

249 yards at the Stool at 237 at home. Heh.

Texas Golfer
5/1/2007, 01:56 PM
That was a great interview. Thanks.

Harry Beanbag
5/1/2007, 05:11 PM
A small compound fracture?

Blues1
5/1/2007, 08:15 PM
May his Stay at Minnesota be Long and Great - Seeing him in that Purple Viking Helment will take some time to digest...Thank God they play in-doors - but Road games in that league may be a bit tuff come November & December...Keep Rockin' AD.....!!!

Boomer.....
5/2/2007, 09:13 AM
I read that the Vikings are debating on whether to have surgery on AD's shoulder to place a steel plate in it which would speed healing and make it stronger.

goingoneight
5/2/2007, 07:55 PM
I read that the Vikings are debating on whether to have surgery on AD's shoulder to place a steel plate in it which would speed healing and make it stronger.

They're just welding more onto the man of steel. :D

Suerreal
5/2/2007, 11:50 PM
I think the only element that could make AD stronger would be Adamantium...

- Sue

colleyvillesooner
5/16/2007, 04:29 PM
Wow, shocking! Maybe the team that said he might need 2-3 months of rehab after surgery should re-evaluate their medical staff.

Peterson won't need surgery

Vikings say first-round pick's collarbone healing fine

The Vikings selected Adrian Peterson with the No. 7 overall pick in this year's draft.

EDEN PRAIRIE, Minn. (AP) -- Minnesota Vikings first-round draft pick Adrian Peterson will not need surgery to repair a broken left collarbone.

Team doctors said Wednesday that the injury was healing on its own and they will not have to insert a protective plate to prevent further injury.

Peterson, the No. 7 overall pick out of Oklahoma, injured his clavicle in a game early last season. He missed the final seven games of the regular season but returned to play against Boise State in the Fiesta Bowl in January.

Peterson reinjured the collarbone in that game, leading some to question whether he needed surgery. That could have required up to six months of recovery time.

"We felt the fracture was well on its way," team doctor Joel Boyd said. "We thought it would be best to let it heal in a natural way."

Harry Beanbag
5/16/2007, 04:33 PM
Wow, shocking! Maybe the team that said he might need 2-3 months of rehab after surgery should re-evaluate their medical staff.

It was probably the Vikings that leaked that. :)

colleyvillesooner
5/16/2007, 04:43 PM
It was probably the Vikings that leaked that. :)

From my first post in the thread...

:D

GoState
6/7/2007, 05:33 PM
Predictions on rookie of the year from ESPN.

Link here (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2896329&lpos=spotlight&lid=tab4pos1)

John Clayton: Adrian Peterson, RB, Minnesota
A great running back usually has the best chance to win offensive rookie of the year. Sixteen of the past 21 top rookies were running backs, so it's easy to predict Peterson will be among the top rookies in 2007. How can he fail? Peterson goes to a Vikings team that plans to run the ball a lot. Like Larry Johnson of the Chiefs, Peterson has an angry running style that allows him to explode through the first wave of defenders and then punish anyone else trying to tackle him. To make matters even tougher for the teams he'll be facing, Peterson has the benefit of running behind the best left-side offensive line in football. Bryant McKinnie is a mountain at left tackle, Steve Hutchinson is the game's best left guard and Matt Birk is a Pro Bowl center. Even sharing carries with Chester Taylor, Peterson should emerge as the NFL's top rookie.

------------

I like that..."angry running style".