PDA

View Full Version : What have I done?

stoops the eternal pimp
4/25/2007, 04:36 PM
Little backtrak before I get into whats happening...

I graduated EOSC in 96 and attended NSU in 96-97. My grandparents who raised me both were getting older and my grandfather was getting pretty ill. I quit college to come home and take care of them and help them along financially since they were on a fixed income. I took small jobs during high school and college and bought a business when I was 21. I sold it 4 years later to pay off my gp's house and vehicles and put back money for whatever. Along the way I ve added a wife, 2 kids, and a new set of bills..I currently work as a youth pastor/electrician/plumber/HVAC/car hauler and am killing my body in the process of supporting my family..I have thought a while about what to do because I want my family to live a decent life but I want to enjoy it with them.

I have decided to go back to school and will be attending Southeastern since its in driving distance and get a bach. in computer informations systems. I am not sure how it will work out really. But it has to be done.

This may seem weird, but the main reason I m going is to show my daughter and son how to work hard and to be an example to them.

I just took my blood pressure and its 157/112 im so freakin nervous right now.

olevetonahill
4/25/2007, 04:40 PM
get that BP under control or they will be living on surviors benifits . :eek: :mad:
Good luck in school
I went EOSC and Grad in 73 .

skycat
4/25/2007, 04:41 PM
Sounds like you're doing the right thing to me. Keep at it, and you'll come out better than ever.

sanantoniosooner
4/25/2007, 04:46 PM
You don't know how similar we sound. I went back to school even though the money was the best it had ever been because my body can't hold up forever.

8timechamps
4/25/2007, 04:50 PM
Do what makes YOU happy. That's the lesson your children need to learn. I worked for the biggest financial firm on Wall Street for over 12 years, made a lot of money...and pretty much hated my job. I quit 6 months ago, started a small business and now I can pick my kids up at school, help coach their baseball teams, etc. The money sucks, but I've never been happier. You probably already know, but the Lord will open doors for you. Do what makes you happy! Money doesn't.

skycat
4/25/2007, 04:51 PM
There's a guy in my group that used to be an accountant. At 30 years old or so, after he'd had a couple of his four kids, he went to his wife and told her that he hated his job, and needed to do something different.

So he quit, and went back to school full time and became an engineer. So it can be done.

olevetonahill
4/25/2007, 04:58 PM
Im gonna add you and ur family to my list , I aint very devot(sp) anymore But Im still ordained

stoops the eternal pimp
4/25/2007, 05:12 PM
Thanks a lot vet. I need it. Jesus only fought with religious people so I dont worry about the devout.

This has very little to do with money. WIth all the things I do right now I bring home enough to allow my wife to stay home with the kiddies, and eat at Pete's Place now and again. but here is how last week went and its a typical week. Not complaining but you ll get the drift.

Monday is elec/plum/hvac day...sometimes 8-8 or 9 during this time of year
Tuesday is the same...cept today I took off to go get signed up for college.
Wednesday is work til 5..go home, jump in the shower, then off to church at 6 for 50 teenagers..they love to fight with me too..
Thursday I head to Booneville Ark to pick up cars.. I bring them back then head straight to Houston. sleep in a truck for about 3 hours then
Friday go pick up the load then head back to McAlester..back home about 3 A.M.
Saturday- leave at 5 AM for Dallas with cars so I can be back at noon to go to Muskogee with the family.
Sunday up at 7. At the church by 8 to make sure everything is in working condition for church at 1030. Also taking online bible college classes so I do that from 4 to 7 Sunday evening.

Luckily I got a laptop so I can get on here and see who is mad at Russell most of the time.

Mjcpr
4/25/2007, 05:16 PM
****, you're a lazy bastard.

olevetonahill
4/25/2007, 05:20 PM
Thanks a lot vet. I need it. Jesus only fought with religious people so I dont worry about the devout.

This has very little to do with money. WIth all the things I do right now I bring home enough to allow my wife to stay home with the kiddies, and eat at Pete's Place now and again. but here is how last week went and its a typical week. Not complaining but you ll get the drift.

Monday is elec/plum/hvac day...sometimes 8-8 or 9 during this time of year
Tuesday is the same...cept today I took off to go get signed up for college.
Wednesday is work til 5..go home, jump in the shower, then off to church at 6 for 50 teenagers..they love to fight with me too..
Thursday I head to Booneville Ark to pick up cars.. I bring them back then head straight to Houston. sleep in a truck for about 3 hours then
Friday go pick up the load then head back to McAlester..back home about 3 A.M.
Saturday- leave at 5 AM for Dallas with cars so I can be back at noon to go to Muskogee with the family.
Sunday up at 7. At the church by 8 to make sure everything is in working condition for church at 1030. Also taking online bible college classes so I do that from 4 to 7 Sunday evening.

Luckily I got a laptop so I can get on here and see who is mad at Russell most of the time.
What Pat said
dayum cant you pik it up a little ?
Oh and I only negged ole russell 1nce cause he talked bad about one of my Fav lil girls on here .
Usually I just like yanking his chain .:D
pray for me Bro I think the its the debbil in me . ;)

soonerboomer93
4/25/2007, 07:04 PM
sometimes, coming here just reminds me to really count my blessings

olevetonahill
4/25/2007, 08:02 PM
sometimes, coming here just reminds me to really count my blessings
Like all the friends you have here rite ?:D

soonerboomer93
4/25/2007, 08:17 PM
There are some might fine people on this board. Unfortunately it's very unlikely I'll make a football game next year, but I would definitely like to make it there and have a couple with some of the members.

MamaMia
4/25/2007, 08:34 PM
You have a sweet soul. I'll put in a good word for you in my next prayer. :)

olevetonahill
4/25/2007, 08:37 PM
He aint in soule Mom hes in okpo ;)

soonerboomer93
4/25/2007, 08:43 PM

coming from you mom, that means a lot.