PDA

View Full Version : Bush vs. Bush - the Daily Show

Fraggle145
4/25/2007, 12:30 PM
Bush vs. Bush. From the Daily show last night. This is funny.

http://www.comedycentral.com/sitewide/media_player/play.jhtml?itemId=85841

Here is another link if that one doest work, it is the second video on this page. http://www.comedycentral.com/shows/the_daily_show/index.jhtml

sooner_born_1960
4/25/2007, 12:34 PM
What if none of the links work?

Fraggle145
4/25/2007, 12:36 PM
What if none of the links work?

hmmm. they work for me. anyone else have problem? :O

usmc-sooner
4/25/2007, 12:37 PM
Bush vs Bush

that's a win win situation if their ever was one.

sooner_born_1960
4/25/2007, 12:40 PM
My bad. I needed to allow scripts to run from comedycentral.

crawfish
Funny, but meaningless.

Fraggle145
Bush vs Bush

that's a win win situation if their ever was one.

you forgot the ;)

heh. :D

usmc-sooner
4/25/2007, 12:42 PM
you forgot the ;)

heh. :D

my only mistake was I used their instead of there.

mdklatt
4/25/2007, 12:44 PM
hmmm. they work for me. anyone else have problem? :O

Nope. Works for me.

I saw that episode last night. I thought the Bush v. Bush thing was kind of lame, because declaring a deadline for Saddam to get out isn't the same thing as declaring a deadline for withdrawing our troops. It's apples and oranges, IMO.

The smackdown Jon Stewart gave McCain about what supporing the troops means was awesome, however.

yermom
4/25/2007, 12:59 PM
i liked Gov. Bush v. Pres. Bush better

mdklatt
4/25/2007, 01:00 PM
i liked Gov. Bush v. Pres. Bush better

So did I. That's why I voted for him 2000 but not 2004. :mad:

Fraggle145
4/25/2007, 01:10 PM
Nope. Works for me.

I saw that episode last night. I thought the Bush v. Bush thing was kind of lame, because declaring a deadline for Saddam to get out isn't the same thing as declaring a deadline for withdrawing our troops. It's apples and oranges, IMO.

The smackdown Jon Stewart gave McCain about what supporing the troops means was awesome, however.

It is apples and oranges and not of any consequence, but it is still funny. :D

OklahomaTuba
4/25/2007, 03:35 PM
What a rip off.

The GOP did the same thing to Kerry in the Kerry vs Kerry video. It clearly showed what a massive spineless flip flopper he was.

mdklatt
4/25/2007, 03:41 PM
The GOP did the same thing to Kerry in the Kerry vs Kerry video. It clearly showed what a massive spineless flip flopper he was.

Isn't it okay to change your mind if you realize you're wrong? People that aren't in the Bush administration usually don't cling to an idea once they realize it's a bad idea.

yermom
4/25/2007, 03:41 PM
changing your mind is treason

mdklatt
4/25/2007, 03:47 PM
changing your mind is treason

Flip-flopping is what Mitt Romney is doing, although I guess it's possible that he had a moral epiphany about abortion. Maybe Kerry was just opposing the war to get votes, but thinking that Iraq had turned into a cluster**** wasn't exactly an unreasonable conclusion to have reached in 2004.

slickdawg
4/25/2007, 04:11 PM
the evil corporate firewall says no no :(

OklahomaTuba
4/25/2007, 05:44 PM
Isn't it okay to change your mind if you realize you're wrong?

If he realized he was wrong, he should have done the right thing and resigned.

Nevertheless, he should have thought about it harder before voting to send our troops to war, like the rest of the spineless turncoats who are underminding the very troops they sent into war.

Either help them accomplish their mission, or shut the **** up. Stop trying to undermine our soldiers by telling the world they have failed, they are stupid, they are like facists and terrorists or trying to cut their funding while in harms way.

Fraggle145
4/26/2007, 12:26 AM
...Nevertheless, he should have thought about it harder before voting to send our troops to war, like the rest of the spineless turncoats who are underminding the very troops they sent into war.

Either help them accomplish their mission, or shut the **** up. Stop trying to undermine our soldiers by telling the world they have failed, they are stupid, they are like facists and terrorists or trying to cut their funding while in harms way.

I dont think, at least as far as i am concerned, that I am NOT trying to undermine the troops, hell two of my best friends are killing the bastards against us as we speak.

I just want the people in charge right now to admit that they ****ed up in the way they managed this thing, and possibly in getting us over there in the 1st place.

I dont necessarily want a "deadline," I just want to hear we ****ed up, and we do plan on leaving sometime. The way it seems is that no matter what we are going to be over there forever. Instead of reducing the threat we have made it worse. So i understand why we need to stay and the troops are winning as much as there can be any sort of winning in this kind of warfare. Just my 0.02

mdklatt
4/26/2007, 12:27 AM
I just want the people in charge right now to admit that they ****ed up in the way they managed this thing, and possibly in getting us over there in the 1st place.

They can't do that, or else they'll have to resign.

OklahomaTuba
4/26/2007, 08:33 AM
I dont necessarily want a "deadline," I just want to hear we ****ed up, and we do plan on leaving sometime.

Why do you need to hear we ****ed up?? Wars get ****ed up all the damn time. Did you expect FDR to call D-Day a **** up? What about Gettysburg, Antitum, Iwo Jima, etc? Most of the revolutionary war was one big ****-up after another, and George Washtington nearly got fired. Same with Lincoln in the Civil War.

And why do we need to say we are leaving sometime? What will that accomplish? Why not just say we will leave when the job is done, and get behind our troops to finish the job, instead of trying to ****ing undermine them?????

If not, and we say we are leaving in a year, the terrorrists just wait us out then, and they will keep fighting and killing thousands of innocent people cause they know people like you and your defeatist friends will at some point force surrender and our defeat.

You should read about what is happening in Anbar right now. People are slowly inching to our side because we have built trust. Forcing our defeat is just putting us back a square one. But hey, who cares if America is defeated and terrorists capture 1/4 of the worlds oil, as long as Bush looks bad, right?