PDA

View Full Version : Keep the little ones off the dang sidelines!

achiro
4/25/2007, 08:21 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sNLSCcRBS2o

RedStripe
4/25/2007, 08:30 AM
Susan Powder

yermom
4/25/2007, 08:45 AM
same thing happened to me during a pickup game at Skelly once around that age :O

that many kids at a Spring game? that's retarded... heck it's not even safe for Joe Pa, and he was probably watching the game

sanantoniosooner
4/25/2007, 09:02 AM
same thing happened to me during a pickup game at Skelly once around that age :O

that many kids at a Spring game? that's retarded... heck it's not even safe for Joe Pa, and he was probably watching the game
Joe Pa has a spotter to make sure he's facing the right direction.

OU-HSV
4/25/2007, 09:21 AM
Wow, that's scary stuff right there. My son is a little over 2 years old now...and watching that just took my breath away for a brief couple seconds. Hope the kid heals up fine, sounds & looks like he was lucky all that happened was a cut.

yermom
4/25/2007, 09:21 AM
Joe Pa has a spotter to make sure he's facing the right direction.

he should have at least taken the hit for him then :D

Tear Down This Wall
4/25/2007, 11:49 AM
I know it gets old for me to keep saying this...but, why can't they just have the team and relevant coaches on the sideline? Why all the other hangers-on?

With us, the whole stadium is lined with hangers-on with press passes. Just get 'em all off the field. The whole, "Hey, look, I'm on the sideline" bit is well overplayed.

I go to the games to see the game. It's been interesting to meet former players before and after the game throughout the years, but...keep everyone but the team, football coaches, and medical folk off the field.

soonerbrat
4/25/2007, 12:03 PM
holy crap
that could've killed that little kid

that mother is stupid..does she not think being on a football field could be dangerous?

Tear Down This Wall
4/25/2007, 12:11 PM
People, look...I'm an old man. I was born in 1969, but didn't get to havin' chilluns until 2006. That little'n is walking around now getting into stuff. We watch him like a dadgum hawk. He gets away very rarely for a few seconds before we catch him doing something that's not good for him.

That being said, it a puzzle to me that you'd have litte'ns down on the sideline, spring game or no. I understand the, 'We've done it for years and nothing's happened." People living on the coast say the same type of thing before hurricanes destroy their homes.

The deal is, minimize your risks in life...and such. And, for damn sure, minimize the risk to your chilluns. And such.

P.S. - My wife is preganant again. It is thought that we will have another chillun Christmas week this year. Pray to God for my wife and the baby's health please...and such. God gave us a good healthy one a last year.

sooner_born_1960
4/25/2007, 12:24 PM
Rub some dirt on it.

HskrGrl
4/25/2007, 01:06 PM
I read a story about that yesterday. I almost screamed just now when I saw the video. That little boy is so blessed to have only of gotten a cut. I imagine the player that hit him feels horrible, too.
I completely agree that only necessary people should be on the sidelines during a game. There is no reason to have anyone else down there. Come down and check out the field before and after the game. Not in the middle of it!
Has anyone ever paid attention to how many people are on the sidelines during a USC game? It's obscene.

Tear Down This Wall
4/25/2007, 01:10 PM
Hskr-

It's the same way at all big schools. At OU, we've got 101 former players, "country" music singer Toby Keith, our stupid AD, 623 camera and "media" folk, plus an assortment of who knows whom who knew someone who knew someone in the athletic department and got a pass. It's insane.

Petro-Sooner
4/25/2007, 01:14 PM
Hskr-

our stupid AD,

HEH :D

Mjcpr
4/25/2007, 01:18 PM
That certainly didn't look like a Catholic church.

Tear Down This Wall
4/25/2007, 01:35 PM
HEH :D

:D

Yeah. Theirs and ours. Show me another athletic program where the gymnastics program is hit with sanctions. Then, the basketball program. And, then, some people are surprised about the football thing that we still have to pay for.... Joe, get off the sidelines, wipe the stupid grin off your face, and ratchet it up a few notches in the compliance department. Then, you can come back to the sideline.

(Also, hire us a real baseball and basketball coach when the two we have completey fail. I mean, K-State snagged Cincy's old coach for a year. Come on, man.)

HskrGrl
4/25/2007, 01:44 PM
Hskr-

It's the same way at all big schools. At OU, we've got 101 former players, "country" music singer Toby Keith, our stupid AD, 623 camera and "media" folk, plus an assortment of who knows whom who knew someone who knew someone in the athletic department and got a pass. It's insane.

Ours is pretty crowed too, but I think they have really tightened up security and the number of people they let down there over the last couple of years. Now all the "important" people sit in the sky boxes. Whenever they announce that "so and so who played in 19-- is with us today" the camera cuts away from the field up to the sky boxes. We don't really have any big named celebrities that come to all the games, though. Unless you count Larry the Cable Guy.

Jimminy Crimson
4/25/2007, 03:33 PM
Keep your eye on the ball... or the cheerleaders at all times.