PDA

View Full Version : No jail for Willie

Suerreal
4/24/2007, 07:25 PM
ST. MARTINVILLE, Louisiana (AP) — Country music star Willie Nelson and his tour manager were spared jail time Tuesday after pleading guilty in Louisiana to a misdemeanor count of marijuana possession.

http://www.usatoday.com/life/people/2007-04-24-willie-nelson_N.htm?csp=34

- Sue

85Sooner
4/24/2007, 07:27 PM
ST. MARTINVILLE, Louisiana (AP) — Country music star Willie Nelson and his tour manager were spared jail time Tuesday after pleading guilty in Louisiana to a misdemeanor count of marijuana possession.

http://www.usatoday.com/life/people/2007-04-24-willie-nelson_N.htm?csp=34

- Sue

Wish he would pull that is Williamson county TX. He may not like the results.

MamaMia
4/24/2007, 07:30 PM
People 50 years and older ought to be allowed to smoke whatever in the Sam Hill they want to smoke.

OUHOMER
4/24/2007, 07:31 PM
can you lower that to 48 :D

royalfan5
4/24/2007, 07:35 PM
I couldn't think of a bigger waste of tax payer dollars than putting Willie Nelson in jail for smoking pot.

MamaMia
4/24/2007, 07:39 PM
Queen Elizabeth smokes pot. If Willie goes to jail then she should be thrown in the dungeon! :D

85Sooner
4/24/2007, 07:45 PM
Willie has had a history of this and for all the crap he does, I could forgive him then he goes and refuses to pay his taxes like everyone of us does. Thats why I don't like him.

MamaMia
4/24/2007, 08:09 PM
Willie has had a history of this and for all the crap he does, I could forgive him then he goes and refuses to pay his taxes like everyone of us does. Thats why I don't like him.He doesn't have enough money left over after the pot smoking fines. :D

Suerreal
4/24/2007, 10:06 PM
Willie has had a history of this and for all the crap he does, I could forgive him then he goes and refuses to pay his taxes like everyone of us does. Thats why I don't like him.

1. Willie's tax problem was due to poor oversight of a crooked accountant.
2. Willie's tax debt has long ago been paid.

In 1990, the IRS handed Nelson a bill for $16.7 million in back taxes and took away most of his assets to help pay the charges. He released The IRS Tapes: Who'll Buy My Memories? as a double album, with all profits going straight to the IRS. Many of his assets were auctioned and purchased by friends, who gave his possessions back to him or rented them at a nominal fee. His debts were paid by 1993.
Wikipedia excerpt (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Willie_Nelson)
Legend has it that one of the IRS agents sent to take possession of all of Willie's belongings was a fan. He determined that "Trigger" was worthless because of the hole, and handed it back to Willie. There's a handshake deal that "Trigger" will go to the Smithmonian when Willie is done with it.
3. Every list should have three items in it, but I can't think of another one.

- Sue

Okla-homey
4/24/2007, 10:47 PM
I say all weed should be reserved for use us folks who are old enough to enjoy it without going out and doing stupid stuff.

Frozen Sooner
4/24/2007, 10:58 PM
Arresting Willie Nelson for smoking pot is like shooting your dog for licking his privates. Both are going to happen whether you like it or not.

Okla-homey
4/24/2007, 11:01 PM
Arresting Willie Nelson for smoking pot is like shooting your dog for licking his privates. Both are going to happen whether you like it or not.

Willie, still the only non-resident of the White House to burn a fattie on the premises.