PDA

View Full Version : So will we See "The Wildcat Formation" at OU..?

Blues1
4/24/2007, 05:45 PM
Trends seem to come and go in College Football - But just thinking with all our Backfield Talent and lack of experience at QB this year maybe we take a page from Arkansas and Florida....??

Direct Snap to Patrick - Demarco - or even to C. Brown

I know maybe a lame subject - But it's almost May - It's Kinda hard to Find Good College Football Posts about anything.... :)

Keep Rockin'

snp
4/24/2007, 05:56 PM
Nothing would make me happier if we lined up in wacky formations occasionally but most head coaches are party poopers.

CatfishSooner
4/24/2007, 06:00 PM
That would be sweet along w/ the end-around we ran w/ AD (insert DM) and AP at the Fiesta bowl..

CoSooner
4/24/2007, 06:12 PM
It sounds like Colorado will be doing some of the same...

The most impressive player in the scrimmage was former QB Bernard Jackson, who lined up under center in designed running plays, earning him the nickname of "Slash" from his teammates. Jackson rushed for a team-best 82 yards on nine carries, including a slithering 37-yard TD run. He also saw playing time at wide receiver and produced 96 yards on three kick returns. "It's exciting having all these formations getting thrown at us," Jackson said. "It's just like playing quarterback, except I play at different positions." (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=2843995)

CatfishSooner
4/24/2007, 06:22 PM
I remember the Colorado game last year...he was TERRIBLE at QB...

Blues1
4/24/2007, 06:24 PM
Some of you may Not Know but "Bud Wilkinson" used alot of *Wacky Formations* at different times during his coaching days - I think it makes it more interesting and FUN for the players knowing they got something nobody has ever seen before....I remember once seeing a formation Bud used in a Orange bowl with the five lineman on one side of the center and a flanker on the other side - with the backs spread all over the place - I think that play only gained five yards but it was FUN to watch..... :)

Stiil R'

opksooner
4/24/2007, 08:49 PM
Some of you may Not Know but "Bud Wilkinson" used alot of *Wacky Formations* at different times during his coaching days - I think it makes it more interesting and FUN for the players knowing they got something nobody has ever seen before....I remember once seeing a formation Bud used in a Orange bowl with the five lineman on one side of the center and a flanker on the other side - with the backs spread all over the place - I think that play only gained five yards but it was FUN to watch..... :)

Stiil R'

Bud's "Swinging gate" was one probably the strangest formation I've ever seen on a football field. I remember it but I can't describe it. Well, the entire line shifted en masse in a formation that resembled......er...uh.... :rolleyes: a swinging gate. Anyone?

TheUnnamedSooner
4/24/2007, 11:20 PM
So will we See "The Wildcat Formation" at OU..?

Using the goalpost as our punter? it's great in theory... ;)

rufnek05
4/24/2007, 11:29 PM
i would like to see some ole wishbone, but alas, i know this will never happen

Doged
4/24/2007, 11:31 PM
Bud's "Swinging gate" was one probably the strangest formation I've ever seen on a football field. I remember it but I can't describe it. Well, the entire line shifted en masse in a formation that resembled......er...uh.... :rolleyes: a swinging gate. Anyone?

Search Wikipedia for "swinging gate" for a full description of the play. It says there that the play went for a TD in the Nebbish-Colorado game.

insuranceman_22
4/25/2007, 12:32 AM
I'd love to see some trickeration this year. It's just something to toss the other team off balance and the players (and probably assistant coaches) would love it! That said, I'll still trust in Bob!

goingoneight
4/25/2007, 12:34 AM
:les: HOOK AND LATERAL!!!

:bsmf: shut up, foo.

budbarrybob
4/25/2007, 01:47 AM
Thats all good and well but what i'd like to see the most is the Victory formation.