PDA

View Full Version : Oh those funny, funny Ags

BOOMERBRADLEY
4/24/2007, 04:13 PM
He brings up some good points hahaha :D

http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=146#S=146&F=2445&T=441483

I'm curious where you guys get this mentality that your our "Big Brother" and think we play the role of the little guy in this state? So take the following into consideration...

In 2003, the graduates guide to picking a grad school, listed that graduates from osu make about 10 % more on average than ou. So we get the "More valued degree"

The ONLY sports that you guys are better than us are softball and womens basketball...I certainly don't believe you guys are better at football anymore, or atleast this will be the case after next season, but even given football, your advantage is slight as of late...so your think that football, softball, womens basketball, oh, and gymnastics trumps basketball, baseball, soccer, golf, tennis, and wrestling???? I think you guys need to realize your athletics department is much more geared towards the womens sports, while OSU is geared towards ALL sports. You guys have a long way till you can even consider yourselves in the same echelon on OSU atheletics...so I think the phrase for ou would not be big brother...But Big Sister, being that you guys enjoy your women sports so much. so throw on a wig and dress and start playing your parts, and drop these delusions of granger.

This post is entirely un-edited

mizzOUstu702
4/24/2007, 04:26 PM
Ahh those delusions of Granger...

http://www.nmnathletics.com.edgesuite.net/pics29/400/RA/RAFRHDRYLXIRNXA.20070411023342.jpg

boomersooner82
4/24/2007, 04:28 PM
I feel bad for these people. Why do they say such things?

Big Red Ron
4/24/2007, 04:32 PM
Basketball is a stupid claim. We have the series advantage and have arguably better post season success. I know they won a champunsheep in the 30's or whatever but c'mon. Wrasslin and soccer, give me a frickin break (although I would like to beat them in wrasslin someday).

They are better than us than stealing "traditions."

Collier11
4/24/2007, 04:37 PM
this is like when that crazy guy had all those people believing that the world was ending and that they were going to outerspace or whatever that who thing was several years ago, sept for the wierd guy is a football coach with a bad hairdo

Fraggle145
4/24/2007, 04:50 PM
No offense but,

http://webpages.acs.ttu.edu/charshey/pics/ThisThreadSucks.jpg

let try to confine our speak about osu and all of their gheyness, to the smack talk threads that noone seems to use. this way they cant come on here and get a woody about the fact that we are talking about them. Like this one...

http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=91310

I think Soonerpsycho says it best

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v257/Soonerpsycho/osublahblah.gif

OSUAggie
4/24/2007, 04:51 PM
Basketball is a stupid claim. We have the series advantage and have arguably better post season success. I know they won a champunsheep in the 30's or whatever but c'mon. Wrasslin and soccer, give me a frickin break (although I would like to beat them in wrasslin someday).

I'm not trying to defend this lunatic's statements, or anything.

But to say you have arguably better post-season success in basketball is laughable.

First Round KO's

OSU - 3
OU - 7

Sweet 16's

OSU - 14
OU - 10

Elite 8's

OSU - 11
OU - 7

Final 4's

OSU - 6
OU - 4

National Titles

OSU - 2
OU - 0

Big Red Ron
4/24/2007, 05:00 PM
When was the last time OSU won a conference championship? Tourney Championship. That's kinda what I was thinking.

I know you love those championships but c'mon they're what 70 years old? I mean if you had kept it up then sure but I look at them as I do Harvard and Minnesota's football national championships.

OSUAggie
4/24/2007, 05:03 PM
They're 60-years old. You still count your football championships from the 50s. How old they are doesn't matter.

We won a conference championship a couple of years ago. And the conference tournament back-to-back a couple of years ago (right after you won 3-straight).

Regardless, OSU's nat'l titles 60 years ago are better than not having any at all. That's why I'm shocked you would say that (arguably) OU's had better post-season success in basketball.

Collier11
4/24/2007, 05:06 PM
does anyone have the numbers comparison for conf titles, ncaa tourneys?

Big Red Ron
4/24/2007, 05:07 PM
Meh, like I said, if you guys kept on winning...I'd see them differently. As such, they're akin to Harvard and Yale's Football National Championships.

We have the series advantage but for anyone to claim there is a huge difference between OU and OSU BBall isn't very bright.

Collier11
4/24/2007, 05:07 PM
I agree that a natl title 60 years ago is better than none, but it is still hard to bring that up with osu's supposedly being a bball school

IronSooner
4/24/2007, 05:11 PM
http://www.catchfence.com/images06/Ron_White_DVD_hi-res.JPG

Collier11
4/24/2007, 05:11 PM
tater salad!

OSUAggie
4/24/2007, 05:12 PM
OSU's only a "b-ball school" because we have better success in basketball than in football, and that's only been the case for various periods, the most recent of which began when Eddie came back.

In reality, OSU's probably a football school with little-to-no success.

OSUAggie
4/24/2007, 05:20 PM
does anyone have the numbers comparison for conf titles, ncaa tourneys?

NCAA

OSU - NCAA apps. 22. Record 37-21.
OU - NCAA apps. 24. Record 32-24.

Didn't find conference #'s in the OU media guide too quickly, so I gave up.

Collier11
4/24/2007, 05:24 PM
So basically that backs up that any argument that one schools bball success is greater than anothers is rediculous unless you want to bring up that osu has more final four appearances!

Big Red Ron
4/24/2007, 05:27 PM
So basically that backs up that any argument that one schools bball success is greater than anothers is rediculous unless you want to bring up that osu has more final four appearances!And wasn't there only 16 teams invited to the tourney for some of those chamunsheeps/final fours?

OSUAggie
4/24/2007, 05:30 PM
So basically that backs up that any argument that one schools bball success is greater than anothers is rediculous unless you want to bring up that osu has more final four appearances!

The argument was that OU has better "post-season success" than OSU in basketball. That argument is weak, to me, as evidenced by the # of Sweet 16's, Elite 8's, Final 4's and National Titles OSU has compared to OU.

It'd be like me saying OSU has better post-season success in football b/c our post-season winning % is 65% while OU's is 61%.

EDIT: Actually, it really wouldn't be like that at all, but that would also be a weak argument for an OSU fan to make regarding post-season success in football.

goingoneight
4/24/2007, 07:29 PM

Bragging about making the tournament and final fours to me, is like bragging about "almost" beating LSU in the 2004 Sugar Bowl. If it's close, but no cigar... what are you smoking?

oufan1
4/24/2007, 09:06 PM

Actually they won it in the 40's when real men were off liberating Europe:D

goingoneight
4/24/2007, 09:21 PM
Heh... champhumpsheep... :D

picasso
4/24/2007, 10:30 PM
this mentality of oSu fans thinking they're anywhere near the level of our football program is beyond laughable. just because you play us tough every other season and have won a few in the last 7 years does not make us equal.

football you see, requires a full season of playing well.

Piware
4/24/2007, 10:56 PM
He brings up some good points hahaha :D

http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=146#S=146&F=2445&T=441483

This post is entirely un-edited

Thank you for the post from what is clearly the Chair of the LosuR English Department. May I compliment you on your creative writing style?

More Valued Degree? I'll bet it's that cracker jack law school of yours or maybe the education degree? Is that accredited now? Wasn't the last time I checked a couple of years ago.

Probably the medical school, that was about to get thrown out in the street because it was such a financial burden to the owning hospital and medical students were bailing out like it was a skydiving institute. Glad you all finally have a permanent home. Don't remember what that was like as OU-HSC has been there for a very loooong time but all that state of art technology keeps us hoppin'.

LosuR's research hole is the size of the one in the West End Zone. Okay, I'll quit cluttering up the football board with all this academic trivia with one final comment.

LosuR gears toward ALL sports because they can't tell the ugly women from the ugly men. That's why they like rasslin' so much. It's stricly an exploratory exercise.

Ash
4/24/2007, 11:03 PM
Bragging about making the tournament and final fours to me, is like bragging about "almost" beating LSU in the 2004 Sugar Bowl. If it's close, but no cigar... what are you smoking?

This is simply not true.

Aggies still are succ...but this is not true.

setem
4/24/2007, 11:10 PM
Those championships OSU won back in the day were in the NIT, right?

I am really at a loss for words...did he really say that OSU is better at football than OUr Sooners? I am laughing and crying at the same time right now!

What a kidder this guys is!

goingoneight
4/24/2007, 11:30 PM
This is simply not true.

Aggies still are succ...but this is not true.

How is it not? Making the tourney is, yeah... something to let fans know "hey, we're getting there..." or "almost!" I don't see 19XX, 2003, 2004 posted above OUr stadium's press box, do you? I'll give you conference tourney champeenships, but the CTC doesn't always do as good as one of their bretheren in the tourney, so that's all shot up. I said to myself in 2003, "oh well... we'll be back soon" based on returning starters and overall performance, coaching, etc... but I don't go and tell other fans "HEY, we have been to all four BCS games!!!" cuz they'll quickly point to Tiger, Trojan and Tater.

Championships, Awards, COTY, POTY, scoreboard, series record... yeah. "Almost..." not so much.

goingoneight
4/24/2007, 11:32 PM
BTW, I'm not trying to be mean, Ash... just stating an opinon.
... if I rip on someone for being "six minutes" away from something special... I'm a hypocrite for doing just the same.

Ash
4/25/2007, 12:30 AM
How is it not? Making the tourney is, yeah... something to let fans know "hey, we're getting there..." or "almost!" I don't see 19XX, 2003, 2004 posted above OUr stadium's press box, do you? I'll give you conference tourney champeenships, but the CTC doesn't always do as good as one of their bretheren in the tourney, so that's all shot up. I said to myself in 2003, "oh well... we'll be back soon" based on returning starters and overall performance, coaching, etc... but I don't go and tell other fans "HEY, we have been to all four BCS games!!!" cuz they'll quickly point to Tiger, Trojan and Tater.

Championships, Awards, COTY, POTY, scoreboard, series record... yeah. "Almost..." not so much.

I see what you're trying to say.

It was the analogy to final fours that I disagree with.

goingoneight
4/25/2007, 12:56 AM
I can kinda see your argument, too. Mine was directed moreso at the post-season stuff. There are many teams with years of post-season activity, but nothing worth bragging about, other than they beat so-and-so, and maybe captured a conference title along the way.

Final Four... meh. You're excited to be there, of course! But it leaves you with the sour taste of Boise State in your mouth. It mighta been overtime, it mighta only been one-point loss, but it's a separation between good and great. that's just me though, I know some people see it differently.

Seamus
4/25/2007, 01:29 AM
Actually they won it in the 40's when real men were off liberating Europe:D

Sweet! World War II smack!

PWN3D, Adolph!

OUDoc
4/25/2007, 08:29 AM
I love that!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v257/Soonerpsycho/osublahblah.gif

BOOMERBRADLEY
4/25/2007, 09:55 AM
HAHA I love that smiley

Texas Golfer
4/25/2007, 10:03 AM
I kind of like it when an OSU Aggie defeats his own argument:

In 2003, the graduates guide to picking a grad school, listed that graduates from osu make about 10 % more on average than ou. So we get the "More valued degree".

But Big Sister, being that you guys enjoy your women sports so much. so throw on a wig and dress and start playing your parts, and drop these delusions of granger.

OSUAggie
4/25/2007, 10:07 AM
Those championships OSU won back in the day were in the NIT, right?

No.

picasso
4/25/2007, 10:14 AM
so is oSu just some nice facilities and a league title away from being on par with the OU football program?

OSUAggie
4/25/2007, 10:31 AM
so is oSu just some nice facilities and a league title away from being on par with the OU football program?

No.

OSU is a decade like Miami had in the 80s to being a step below OU in football.

picasso
4/25/2007, 10:34 AM
No.

OSU is a decade like Miami had in the 80s to being a step below OU in football.
so let's end this discussion already because USC may be the only current program with an inkling of potential to pull a run like that off.

OSUAggie
4/25/2007, 10:42 AM
I didn't realize I was participating in a discussing regarding OSU's "overtaking" OU as a football program... But OK.

picasso
4/25/2007, 10:45 AM
I didn't realize I was participating in a discussing regarding OSU's "overtaking" OU as a football program... But OK.
did you miss the original post? are you in this thread?

are you even a real o-state fan?

OU4LIFE
4/25/2007, 10:51 AM
that's a lot of are's.

Landthief 1972
4/25/2007, 02:35 PM
In 2003, the graduates guide to picking a grad school, listed that graduates from osu make about 10 % more on average than ou. So we get the "More valued degree"

At $100 a straw for bull semen, of course their 90% ag degree grads will make more $$. The problem is, with that exra 10% $$ comes the need to become a bull fluffer to retrieve the "content" for the straws. For me, wearing a arm-length glove while sticking a hotshot up a bull's exit hole in order to collect your primary money-maker isn't worth it.

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

DeadSolidPerfect
4/25/2007, 03:32 PM
It'd be like me saying OSU has better post-season success in football b/c our post-season winning % is 65% while OU's is 61%.

OSU fans do make that argument and have for years. Pumpkin U's new argument is they're the only state team with a winning record against Alabama.

Dio
4/25/2007, 03:39 PM
OSU fans do make that argument and have for years. Pumpkin U's new argument is they're the only state team with a winning record against Alabama.

Aren't we 2-0-1 v. Bammer?

SoonerSinger3
4/25/2007, 03:43 PM
who cares about ignorant OSU fans that run their mouth? so what if they're better than us in wrestling, golf, tennis, and whatever bitch sport is out there. To say we aren't much better than OSU in fball as of late is idiotic. Since 2000 we are 5-2 against them. Oh yeah in that same amount of time we have won 1 national title, 4 conf titles, been to all 4 bcs bowls, and oh yeah..Won a HEISMAN. Your facilities are gonna be the best in the country no doubt, but until that translates into winning conference and national titles shut your damn mouths PLEASE

DeadSolidPerfect
4/25/2007, 03:46 PM
Aren't we 2-0-1 v. Bammer?
I thought 2-2-1. We could be 2-1-1. We lost to Willy Joe and the Bear. (sounds like a country song)

OSUAggie
4/25/2007, 03:47 PM
2-1-1

Paperclip
4/25/2007, 03:48 PM
http://www.soonerstats.com/football/series/details.cfm?OppID=85

TheHumanAlphabet
4/25/2007, 03:55 PM
2-1-1

What's this? The Stillwater government help line number?

olevetonahill
4/25/2007, 03:56 PM
http://www.soonerstats.com/football/series/details.cfm?OppID=85
Yup Soonerstats has us at 4-2 in BB also
in FB weve won thw last 2 , befor that we lost 1 to bear and tied 1

Collier11
4/25/2007, 03:57 PM
Funny stats, we have won 24 bowls, osu has only been to 16. We have 142 all-americans, they have 32. 7 natl titles to 0. 69% winning percentage of all time, osu is less than 50%. Ou 40 conf titles, does osu even have one?

Collier11
4/25/2007, 03:58 PM
Oh yea, bball its 122-88 OU

olevetonahill
4/25/2007, 03:59 PM
Funny stats, we have won 24 bowls, osu has only been to 16. We have 142 all-americans, they have 32. 7 natl titles to 0. 69% winning percentage of all time, osu is less than 50%. Ou 40 conf titles, does osu even have one?
They sure do .
they win the NC every yr in sheep humpin and booger pikin .

I_SMELL_FEAR
4/25/2007, 04:06 PM
as far as the facilites goes, I dont think that is going to revive their recruiting. It will help, but it isnt going to make an Adrian Peterson decide to go there. In my opinion, all its going to do is keep the top guys interested in osu from going somewhere else because of bad facilities.

You have the guys that want to play at osu, the new facilities are the cherry on top.

Then you have the guys that are interested in say osu, OU and say a&m. These guys are going to be impressed, not that the facilities are going to be head and shoulders above OU or aTm, but it will not be a negative for them. Facilities are great, gundy's hair is as advertised...now does he want to compete against top talent, or compete against Baylor for bottom of the south.. hump a sheep, hump a dog...play for a championship????

Then you have the guys that dont really want to play for osu, they visit and are impressed with the facilities, but football is about football, and they will go where they get to chase their dream. Play for championships, play on tv all the time, play in a tradition rich school, great coach...whatever.

Thats my opinion anyway...it will help them not lose a guy, but its not going to make them freaking USC, Texas, OU, or tOSU...where talent is stacking up.

Collier11
4/25/2007, 04:37 PM
it will help the top guys who have bad scores that need someone to take them like goodson

MichiganSooner
4/25/2007, 04:48 PM
On ESPN Gameday before the "let er rip" game, Lee Corso said it best: OSU has the players that OU didn't want". And Herbstreit chuckles out loud.

OSUAggie
4/25/2007, 04:51 PM
On ESPN Gameday before the "let er rip" game, Lee Corso said it best: OSU has the players that OU didn't want". And Herbstreit chuckles out loud.

That's not necessarily the case anymore. That was true for programs like OSU back when Herbstreit played and Corso was less senile.

I'm not saying that every player on the OSU roster was offered a scholarship by OU, or even most, but the # that were is growing steadily (99% of which are from Texas or Oklahoma).

Collier11
4/25/2007, 04:54 PM
I would say that 90% of the players that Osu has on its roster were never seriously considered by OU

Big Red Ron
4/25/2007, 04:57 PM
That's not necessarily the case anymore. That was true for programs like OSU back when Herbstreit played and Corso was less senile.

I'm not saying that every player on the OSU roster was offered a scholarship by OU, or even most, but the # that were is growing steadily (99% of which are from Texas or Oklahoma).Just because OU or ut offered doesn't mean they were our main man. I would say most OSU players that got an offer from OU or ut were our plan B or C. Trust me, 99% of your players would rather be coached by Stoops or Brown than skunk boy.

Dio
4/25/2007, 05:31 PM
Courtesy EDSBS:

http://www.everydayshouldbesaturday.com/?p=3361

:D

goingoneight
4/25/2007, 10:28 PM
Apparently, nobody else gives a damn about OSU either.

the_ouskull
4/25/2007, 10:35 PM
I have to go to bed, so I only read the first page of this, and, as many of you know, if I read much more, I'll be here all night, making these sheep topplers look even more stupid than their hunting gear does, but I didn't want this to go with comment:

You still count your football championships from the 50s. How old they are doesn't matter.

When Oklahoma A&M won their basketball National Championships, led by Bob Kurland, the rules of the game were different. The rules of football have changed very little since WWII. That is why we rag on Notre Dame, but are also immune to ragging from "lil brother from the pasture." And I wouldn't hang too much of a hat on those past successes. We live in a "what have you done for me lately" world. Lately, OU's been as good as OSU in hoops. (We can both pull stats out of our collective asses to try to prove / refute this all day long, but the bottom line is that it's true. We haven't been better than OSU, nor they us.

In terms of prestige, I'd give the advantage to OSU, but this is primarily because of the shadow cast by OU football. Nobody outside of Stillwater cares about OSU football. Certainly nobody outside of the near area. There aren't Aggie Clubs in France, Russia, Bolivia, or the Emerald Coast. Canada. Hong Kong. Sweden. OU has that kind of reach.

Lemme tell you a little more about OU's reach. There's a Sooner Club in Stillwater. :D

Now see there, ladies and gents. You CAN preach to a heathen.

Also, in the interest of fairness, I googled "OSU Alumni Clubs" to see if I could find one in Norman. All of the results on the first page were for Ohio State. So, I changed the search to "Oklahoma State Alumni Clubs..."

9 of the first 10 were for Ohio State... EVEN WHEN I typed it as Oklahoma State Alumni Clubs.

...the 10th was Oregon State.

No sh*t.

Don't talk to me about how important Oklahoma State is. Outside of those who have been ignernt enough to wear the road crew unis, and the "people" who cheer them through fish-baited breath and teeth only gingivitis could love, nobody cares, nobody ever WILL care. Cope. Take a class... Call a grief counselor. We only care about Oklahoma State, in anything, on days where the *ss of every dog in the state catches too many rays...

...and that's "code" for when you actually manage to beat us in football, which could happen every year from now until you or I die, and still not even the series.

Yeah, but you're reeeeal good though... real important. Yeah. Keep telling yourself that. In the meantime, know this... Oklahoma State is to the state of Oklahoma what Social Promotion programs are to our High Schools.

But your boys in tights play real hard...

the_ouskull

BOOMERBRADLEY
4/25/2007, 11:37 PM
Skull, if I could transfer all of my spek points to you for that post I probably would.

Bravo good sir.

OU4LIFE
4/26/2007, 07:33 AM
Lemme tell you a little more about OU's reach. There's a Sooner Club in Stillwater. :D

the_ouskull

I helped found that sucker, btw. Jeff Capel will be up here next week.

MichiganSooner
4/26/2007, 07:54 AM
Great comments by OUSkull.

The Tulsa World has an article on the renaming of Skelley Stadium. Click on the link for the article which includes a few pictures of the stadium. While you do not need to read the captions for obvious reasons, the captions are there for the benefit of aggie.

There is an aerial shot of the OSU at TU game in 1998. Looks like thousands of empty seats. Then there is an aerial photo of the OU at TU game in 2002. The stadium, as we all suspect, is packed. http://www.tulsaworld.com/sports/article.aspx?articleID=070426_238_B1_spanc42637&breadcrumb=Football

MichiganSooner
4/26/2007, 08:02 AM
If somebody with more computer know-how than I have can go to the Tulsa World link and post the 2 pictures mentioned above for viewing, please do. I suppose they will disappear when the World pulls the article. Thanks.

OSUFAN11
4/26/2007, 08:10 AM
We live in a "what have you done for me lately" world.

With this said lets look at what has "gone on lately" when OU and OSU went heads up in athletics this year.

Here are the sports OU has defeated OSU in this year.
Football (Big 12 Champs)
Womens Basketball (twice)
Mens Basketball (once)
Softball (twice)

Here are the sports OSU has defeated OU in this year
Soccer
Womens Cross Country
Mens Cross Country
Mens Basketball (once)
Wrestling (twice)
Womens Tennis
Mens Tennis (twice)
Womens Golf
Mens Golf (Big 12 Champs)

MichiganSooner
4/26/2007, 08:22 AM
Hey ODUFAN, you forgot the most recent news. Just yesterday, Sooners 2, LosuRs 1, Womens Softball. Guess you just give the information you want to read.

OU4LIFE
4/26/2007, 08:33 AM
With this said lets look at what has "gone on lately" when OU and OSU went heads up in athletics this year.

Football (Big 12 Champs)
Mens Basketball (once)
Softball (twice)

Soccer
Womens Cross Country
Mens Cross Country
Mens Basketball (once)
Wrestling (twice)
Womens Tennis
Mens Tennis (twice)
Womens Golf

and now, let's rank each of these sports by monetary value.

1. Football
2. Men's Basketball
3. tie- women's BBall and Baseball.
4. tie - softball and wrestling
5. everything else.

and according to your list, neither school plays baseball.

wishbonesooner
4/26/2007, 08:35 AM
This is in reference to the Virginia Tech shooting, on gopokes.com.
"Not really wanting to hijack the thread, but if this had happened at landthief u they would have honored Cho it looks like. Apparently they've laid a stone in memory of their bomber that attempted to enter the stadium and blow himself and members of the crowd up. Only with a president like buffy boren would you honor a suicide bomber."

Their complete lack of sane thouhts is unending.

Dio
4/26/2007, 09:48 AM
You still count your football championships from the 50s. How old they are doesn't matter.

The difference is, those were just the beginning. The aggroid basketball champs in the 40's were the beginning and the end.

Soccer
Womens Cross Country
Mens Cross Country
Wrestling (twice)
Womens Tennis
Mens Tennis (twice)
Womens Golf

Let me know when all of these combined draw 85,000 fans in a season.

TheHumanAlphabet
4/26/2007, 09:56 AM

Football (Big 12 Champs)
Mens Basketball (once)
Softball (twice)

Soccer
Womens Cross Country
Mens Cross Country
Mens Basketball (once)
Wrestling (twice)
Womens Tennis
Mens Tennis (twice)
Womens Golf

Ooohh Cross country, Tennis and Golf...Whoopte Frickin' Do!

Big Red Ron
4/26/2007, 09:59 AM
Cross Country...sheesh :rolleyes:

OSUFAN11
4/26/2007, 01:56 PM
Hey ODUFAN, you forgot the most recent news. Just yesterday, Sooners 2, LosuRs 1, Womens Softball. Guess you just give the information you want to read.

Please pay more attention. OU and OSU only play eachother twice in softball and notice what I put next to the word softball. I think it looks like this.....(twice). Thanks for playing.

OSUFAN11
4/26/2007, 01:57 PM
and now, let's rank each of these sports by monetary value.

1. Football
2. Men's Basketball
3. tie- women's BBall and Baseball.
4. tie - softball and wrestling
5. everything else.

and according to your list, neither school plays baseball.

Golf is the 3rd most played sport in college athletics. I would actually put Golf ahead of softball and wrestling.

BTW, I didnt put baseball because they have not played yet. I thought you would have more brains than that.

OSUFAN11
4/26/2007, 02:01 PM
Ooohh Cross country, Tennis and Golf...Whoopte Frickin' Do!

I will give it to you for Football because that is a big time sport and I wish OSU had the success that OU had. As for womens basketball and softball, I could care for those sports just about as much as I care about cross country, tennis, and golf. This wasnt put here to say "man I think all of these sports are important and I am a huge fan of all of them." I just put them there to show that our athletic department has been beating you guys up this year.

Triumph
4/26/2007, 03:19 PM
I will give it to you for Football because that is a big time sport and I wish OSU had the success that OU had. As for womens basketball and softball, I could care for those sports just about as much as I care about cross country, tennis, and golf. This wasnt put here to say "man I think all of these sports are important and I am a huge fan of all of them." I just put them there to show that our athletic department has been beating you guys up this year.

I am just curious, if aggie has the superior athletic program, why has OU won 5 of the 7 ****** bells? Also, why has OU finished ahead of OSU in the Sears Standings all 7 of those years?

OSUFAN11
4/26/2007, 03:23 PM
I am just curious, if aggie has the superior athletic program, why has OU won 5 of the 7 ****** bells? Also, why has OU finished ahead of OSU in the Sears Standings all 7 of those years?

You guys are not reading the whole thing. You are just reading what you want and then putting words in my mouth. Notice how at the end of my thread i put "this year". I never said our athletic department has been beating up on yours for the past seven years. I said THIS YEAR! I guess I have to put it in all caps like that so you wont miss it!

Collier11
4/26/2007, 03:41 PM
You did say that Osu's ath dept was superior to OU as a whole!!!

OSUAggie
4/26/2007, 03:45 PM
You guys are not reading the whole thing. You are just reading what you want and then putting words in my mouth. Notice how at the end of my thread i put "this year". I never said our athletic department has been beating up on yours for the past seven years. I said THIS YEAR! I guess I have to put it in all caps like that so you wont miss it!

I'm relatively sure that they don't care. And if they did care, they wouldn't let you know.

OSUFAN11
4/26/2007, 03:49 PM
I'm relatively sure that they don't care. And if they did care, they wouldn't let you know.

Maybe they just cant read that good! LOL!

Jewstin
4/26/2007, 04:18 PM
"Not really wanting to hijack the thread, but if this had happened at landthief u they would have honored Cho it looks like. Apparently they've laid a stone in memory of their bomber that attempted to enter the stadium and blow himself and members of the crowd up. Only with a president like buffy boren would you honor a suicide bomber."

Uhhh ... I'm a student here. Just walked by that area, in fact.

This is COMPLETELY untrue. Not that it should surprise anyone, really.

OSUFAN11
4/26/2007, 04:41 PM

Here is an article I found on this subject.

mynewsok_article.jpg
By Nolan Clay
Staff Writer
NORMAN — The University of Oklahoma has put outside the student union a patio stone engraved with the name of the student suicide bomber.

"I was just kind of horrified,” said OU football fan Jenny Clemons, who spotted the stone after OU's Red-White game April 7. "I don't think he has any business being out here.”

OU's student affairs division arranged to have the stone placed, an OU alumni affairs employee said. OU officials say families pay for such memorials but the student's father said OU offered to place the stone and never billed him.

A stone costs $150.

Joel "Joe” Henry Hinrichs III, an engineering student, died Oct. 1, 2005, when his bomb went off at a campus bench a short distance from an OU night football game.

The FBI investigated whether the student, 21, tried or intended to enter the packed stadium but reported finding no conclusive evidence.

The student's father traveled from Colorado to Oklahoma to visit with university officials after the death. Joel Hinrichs Jr. said OU's dean of students, Clarke Stroud, offered to have the stone placed.

In an e-mail, the father told The Oklahoman the dean "very kindly understood that Joel's act was one of loneliness, not of aggression, and offered to have the stone placed in the memorial courtyard; he also indicated that the wife of the university president might select a tree to be placed on campus, also in Joel III's memory.”

The father said he asked to pay for the stone and tree "but was never told anything.” He repeated his offer to the dean in an e-mail Monday after being contacted by The Oklahoman. He said, "They never sent me any indication of cost, or even that they had moved forward.”

In a statement, OU President David Boren said, "As is well known, the death of Joel Hinrichs III was an apparent suicide. A tree was not planted on the campus. Instead, the university gives the opportunity for those who desire to purchase pavers in the union courtyard for students, graduates, or friends of the university.

"Some are given to honor graduates or friends of the university and some are given as memorials. They are paid for by those who have them placed there and the proceeds go towards the upkeep of the student union. The university tries to be sensitive to all the families who have lost sons or daughters while they were students.”

Stroud said in an e-mail: "We invite all parents or members of the university family to purchase stones in the courtyard honoring friends or family members. In this case it is certainly appropriate to allow Mr. Hinrichs to honor the memory of his son who tragically died while he was a student at the university.”

The father said his son was only committing suicide. FBI agents said they do not know if the student intentionally set off the bomb on the bench as a suicide or if he also had intended to kill others elsewhere. A Norman police bomb expert has said he believes the bomb went off accidentally and that the student had further plans.

Clemons, 50, a hospital nurse, said, "I was in the stadium the day that guy blew himself up. ... I feel like ... if he'd been successful he would have killed a whole bunch of us at the football game.”

The stone is engraved "Joel H Hinrichs III” and is toward an end of the patio west of the union. Clemons said the stone is in "kind of an out-of-the way place.”

Other patio stones honor CBS anchor Katie Couric, actor James Garner and former British Prime Minister Margaret Thatcher. They were given honorary doctorate degrees when they spoke at OU.

Joel Hinrichs Jr. said he asked that his son's stone be "on the outer edge, beneath a wall, and ‘upside down' from the point of view of someone in the center of the courtyard, as it was Joel's circumstance to see and read, but not to be seen or to be read very well.”

Collier11
4/26/2007, 05:27 PM
This is absolutely disgusting!!! I am at a loss for words that they would honor this loser! They have no way of looking into his mind and the fact that there is a very good chance that this losers goal was to hurt all of us in that stadium that night!!!

OSUFAN11
4/26/2007, 05:53 PM
This is absolutely disgusting!!! I am at a loss for words that they would honor this loser! They have no way of looking into his mind and the fact that there is a very good chance that this losers goal was to hurt all of us in that stadium that night!!!

Yeah I dont get why they would honor him.

chantundefeated
4/26/2007, 06:36 PM
uhh i've still never seen this in 2 semesters at OU.

Jewstin
4/26/2007, 06:50 PM
Wow, crazy. I hadn't heard about it at all ... I thought the reference meant it was being placed near the bench where he did it.

Cheerfully withdrawn!

OSUFAN11
4/26/2007, 07:15 PM
uhh i've still never seen this in 2 semesters at OU.

Check it out and let us know what you find. I still kind of find this hard to believe.

oufan1
4/26/2007, 07:59 PM

Football (Big 12 Champs)
Mens Basketball (once)
Softball (twice)

Soccer
Womens Cross Country
Mens Cross Country
Mens Basketball (once)
Wrestling (twice)
Womens Tennis
Mens Tennis (twice)
Womens Golf

the thing is that none of those sports listed matter to most of us except football and basketball and still most people rank football much higher, but for all the talk about all the sports osu is supposedly better than OU at and all your babling about wrestling chapionships an important point must be made: all you faggies would trade all wrestling championships AND your left nut for ONE of our football championships.

picasso
4/26/2007, 08:14 PM

Football (Big 12 Champs)
Mens Basketball (once)
Softball (twice)

Soccer
Womens Cross Country
Mens Cross Country
Mens Basketball (once)
Wrestling (twice)
Womens Tennis
Mens Tennis (twice)
Womens Golf
congrats, you have a fine spring sports program. especially that cross country ****.

with that said, you'd give your left nut for a conference football title. we have an assload of 'em, 4 just as of late.

OUDoc
4/26/2007, 09:03 PM
I'll give them basketball, wrestling and golf, but that's all. And the last 2 are being kind. Nothing like 80,000 crazy fans at osu's golf tournament.

OSUFAN11
4/26/2007, 09:10 PM
the thing is that none of those sports listed matter to most of us except football and basketball and still most people rank football much higher, but for all the talk about all the sports osu is supposedly better than OU at and all your babling about wrestling chapionships an important point must be made: all you faggies would trade all wrestling championships AND your left nut for ONE of our football championships.

I dont disagree with that. I am sure a lot of OSU fans would trade all the wrestling championships for a current football championship

OSUFAN11
4/26/2007, 09:11 PM
congrats, you have a fine spring sports program. especially that cross country ****.

Dont forget about Tennis. ;) Oh, and baseball too!

OSUFAN11
4/26/2007, 09:13 PM
I'll give them basketball, wrestling and golf, but that's all. And the last 2 are being kind. Nothing like 80,000 crazy fans at osu's golf tournament.

How can you diss on Golf when it is a very popular sport? I know it may not be that big on the college scene but it sure was big last year when OU won the Big 12 championship!:D

BTW, baseball will be decided next weekend and I am willing to bet that we come out on top of that one. I hope! Hopefully I dont eat my words on this! Ha Ha!

MiccoMacey
4/26/2007, 09:18 PM

Exactly.

For all the banter about how OSU is an "all-around sports" university versus OU and our supposed one-trick pony, how many fans actuall attend any of the second and third-tier sports like a women's cross-country event? None. Heck, they can't even get them to attend football games.

And you'd think that since OSU has the most storied program in history, there'd be a larger following. Go to one of the OSU boards and they are actually talking about how it is mainly the older crowd, with a scant few younger generation folks mixed in. Their attendance will start dwindling (it already has from preivious years, and they were the four-time returning champs).

OSU fans will talk about how they support the University, but that is all they do. Talk. They do not attend sports other than men's basketball.

MiccoMacey
4/26/2007, 09:25 PM
How can you diss on Golf when it is a very popular sport? I know it may not be that big on the college scene but it sure was big last year when OU won the Big 12 championship!:D

BTW, baseball will be decided next weekend and I am willing to bet that we come out on top of that one. I hope! Hopefully I dont eat my words on this! Ha Ha!

Golf, tennis, cross-country...all lower-tiered sports. Few care about their outcome except for the players, their families, and significant others.

Professionally or recreationally... yes, they are fun and fun to watch. But no one cares about their collegiate careers minus a special few, like Tiger at Stanford.

Quick, name me 90% of the women's tennis team. Or cross-country team. You can't, and no one outside those respective teams can. Because other than the fact the trepresent OSU, you don't really care about them. I'm not knocking you...you're the same as nearly 98% of all sports fans. You pick and choose what's important to you. And football, baseball, basketball, maybe wrestling..those are the more important ones.

OSUFAN11
4/26/2007, 09:26 PM
Exactly.

For all the banter about how OSU is an "all-around sports" university versus OU and our supposed one-trick pony, how many fans actuall attend any of the second and third-tier sports like a women's cross-country event? None. Heck, they can't even get them to attend football games.

And you'd think that since OSU has the most storied program in history, there'd be a larger following. Go to one of the OSU boards and they are actually talking about how it is mainly the older crowd, with a scant few younger generation folks mixed in. Their attendance will start dwindling (it already has from preivious years, and they were the four-time returning champs).

OSU fans will talk about how they support the University, but that is all they do. Talk. They do not attend sports other than men's basketball.

Hey, I have been to every home baseball game this year!

OSUFAN11
4/26/2007, 09:28 PM

Golf, tennis, cross-country...all lower-tiered sports. Few care about their outcome except for the players, their families, and significant others.

Professionally or recreationally... yes, they are fun and fun to watch. But no one cares about their collegiate careers minus a special few, like Tiger at Stanford.

Quick, name me 90% of the women's tennis team. Or cross-country team. You can't, and no one outside those respective teams can. Because other than the fact the trepresent OSU, you don't really care about them. I'm not knocking you...you're the same as nearly 98% of all sports fans. You pick and choose what's important to you. And football, baseball, basketball, maybe wrestling..those are the more important ones.

I totally agree with you. I just put a list up of the sports that OSU beat OU in. I never said every one of them were important.

picasso
4/26/2007, 09:59 PM
Dont forget about Tennis. ;) Oh, and baseball too!
your baseball has some fine tradition with Gary Ward but in the last decade or so I'd put OU right there with you.

again, oSu has an excellent athletic program but you guys act like you love and support all sports when the truth is I never heard squat from you until you finally beat us in, gulp, football.

Big Red Ron
4/26/2007, 10:05 PM
Yeah, Basball is another draw. When was the last CWS chamhumpsheep for da humpers?

OSUFAN11
4/26/2007, 10:24 PM
Yeah, Basball is another draw. When was the last CWS chamhumpsheep for da humpers?

That was cute! It was in the 50's.

OSUFAN11
4/26/2007, 10:27 PM
your baseball has some fine tradition with Gary Ward but in the last decade or so I'd put OU right there with you.

again, oSu has an excellent athletic program but you guys act like you love and support all sports when the truth is I never heard squat from you until you finally beat us in, gulp, football.

Good point. I am a huge baseball fan and then a football fan. I find it sad that baseball is not as popular as it used to be.

picasso
4/26/2007, 10:28 PM
Good point. I am a huge baseball fan and then a football fan. I find it sad that baseball is not as popular as it used to be.
well I agree with you there. I had some good times going to the games at Driller park.

OSUFAN11
4/26/2007, 10:38 PM
well I agree with you there. I had some good times going to the games at Driller park.
Football has just taken over everything. Especially around here. It is crazy! I remember baseball being LIFE when I was a kid and in high school but now most kids just care about football.

MichiganSooner
4/26/2007, 10:42 PM
Exactly.

So very true. Last summer when Mike Holder announced their mini season ticket package of OU and 2 cream-puffs, a co-worker cowboy fan was so worried that the OU game would be a sell out loaded with OU fans who would not go to the 2 other games and they wouldn't "grow their attendance". I said, who cares, if you are Mike Holder counting the money. And told him tickets to the osu at OU game were about $70 the season before not $100 like at stoolwater which is almost bowl pricing.

I asked him who was going to attend their games when the stadium was expanded. He feared that osu would attract a bunch of "bandwagon fans" and not "real fans". I told him when I moved to Oklahoma, got a brochure on osu football at the bank, went to a game after I got my tetnus shot; saw their stadium and thought, I thought the Big 12 was a major conference. I mean, it was boring. From the pregame show by the band, "and now the band plays our fight songs" and they start a minute later, to sitting down all game except for the opening kickoff when the announcer says, "stand up for the kickoff", to "3rd down and a loooong one for the Visitors!", to some students pounding their whatevers on the padding of the stadium. The following year, we went to Owen Field for the first time and felt like I was in the Big Time again. OU won the National Championship that year so I guess I was just a "bandwagon fan". Now my wife and I go to almost every game and even bowls. And told him they must have taken on a lot of "bandwagon fans" because the stadium was expanded to hold us and everybody else who wanted to see some major college football.

the_ouskull
4/26/2007, 10:59 PM
Don't be sucked into this orange brain vaccum, guys... They call themselves an "all-sports," or "well-rounded" university... It's Aggie Code for "We're not exceptional at anything."

They support their basketball team 'cause all 500 of them that fit in it can get tickets... They support their football team, 'cause Saturday's aren't for farmin', and they support their wrestling team because they admire the "required uniform."

http://www.wrestlegods.com/store/storeimages/activegear/Singlet-BL-GR-Medium-2.jpg

Tights?

http://www.sheilaomalley.com/archives/breakfast8.jpg

Drink it in, Ags. What I laugh to myself about is when Ags on the 'net start talking about all of those sports, 'cause they're so proud of all of them, but they don't actually attend the events themselves.

OU is better than OSU, all-around, in sports that people actually give a sh*t about. I'm sure that your Underwater Spelling Bee team will dominate against Missouri State, Arkansas State, Florida Atlantic, and Housto... not so fast, Aggies...

Oh, and not to rain on your halloween pumpkin umbrellas, but we'd have beaten Bama more recently than you, but we were too busy actually bringing in some money to this f'ing conference... You should try it sometime. The money means even more if someone doesn't have to die for you to collect it, btw. Jus' sayin'.

But that's another reason we're better... When at OU fan dies, he wills a donation to the school from his personal assets. When an OSU fan dies, they just cash in the life insurance policy they took out on him, which isn't at all weird... or desperate...

In fact, "it's perfectly natural..."

http://img.timeinc.net/ew/dynamic/imgs/050614/184015__pie_l.jpg

the_ouskull

OSUFAN11
4/26/2007, 11:06 PM
Don't be sucked into this orange brain vaccum, guys... They call themselves an "all-sports," or "well-rounded" university... It's Aggie Code for "We're not exceptional at anything."

They support their basketball team 'cause all 500 of them that fit in it can get tickets... They support their football team, 'cause Saturday's aren't for farmin', and they support their wrestling team because they admire the "required uniform."

http://www.wrestlegods.com/store/storeimages/activegear/Singlet-BL-GR-Medium-2.jpg

Tights?

Drink it in, Ags. What I laugh to myself about is when Ags on the 'net start talking about all of those sports, 'cause they're so proud of all of them, but they don't actually attend the events themselves.

OU is better than OSU, all-around, in sports that people actually give a sh*t about. I'm sure that your Underwater Spelling Bee team will dominate against Missouri State, Arkansas State, Florida Atlantic, and Housto... not so fast, Aggies...

Oh, and not to rain on your halloween pumpkin umbrellas, but we'd have beaten Bama more recently than you, but we were too busy actually bringing in some money to this f'ing conference... You should try it sometime. The money means even more if someone doesn't have to die for you to collect it, btw. Jus' sayin'.

But that's another reason we're better... When at OU fan dies, he wills a donation to the school from his personal assets. When an OSU fan dies, they just cash in the life insurance policy they took out on him, which isn't at all weird... or desperate...

In fact, "it's perfectly natural..."

http://img.timeinc.net/ew/dynamic/imgs/050614/184015__pie_l.jpg

the_ouskull

Actually if you talk about the sports that "most" people care about then I would say we are pretty even except for football. It is pretty much a draw in Men's basketball and Baseball. I dont care too much for womens sports.

Collier11
4/27/2007, 01:02 AM
I dont know why you are still hanging around. You have contradicted yourself over and over again, said inaccurate statements, and everytime someone brings up something making you look dumb you say, "get back on the subject guys" which you have been saying every since the mod jumped your ***. If you want to come to an OU board, challenge that our AD is not as good as yours, get proven wrong with facts time and time again, then I have no more pity for you, you are just an ******rocket!!!

goingoneight
4/27/2007, 01:04 AM
Football has just taken over everything. Especially around here. It is crazy! I remember baseball being LIFE when I was a kid and in high school but now most kids just care about football.

It's that damned Bob Stoops, I tell ya! :D

Collier11
4/27/2007, 01:23 AM
dont make this ag feel better about himself, he doesnt deserve a smiley.

Seamus
4/27/2007, 05:21 AM

Tights?

the_ouskull

You forgot the lobotomy part :)

OU4LIFE
4/27/2007, 07:50 AM
Golf is the 3rd most played sport in college athletics. I would actually put Golf ahead of softball and wrestling.

BTW, I didnt put baseball because they have not played yet. I thought you would have more brains than that.

'3rd most played' doesn't equate to 'dollars most generated' Dumas.

Softball and wrestling for both schools easily eclipse the tickets sales of golf. Try to follow along.

OSUFAN11
4/27/2007, 08:01 AM
'3rd most played' doesn't equate to 'dollars most generated' Dumas.

Softball and wrestling for both schools easily eclipse the tickets sales of golf. Try to follow along.

I wasnt talking about generating money. That is a no brainer.

OSUFAN11
4/27/2007, 08:03 AM
I dont know why you are still hanging around. You have contradicted yourself over and over again, said inaccurate statements, and everytime someone brings up something making you look dumb you say, "get back on the subject guys" which you have been saying every since the mod jumped your ***. If you want to come to an OU board, challenge that our AD is not as good as yours, get proven wrong with facts time and time again, then I have no more pity for you, you are just an ******rocket!!!

I said that our AD is doing better than yours THIS YEAR. The proof is there for you! Take of your crimson and cream shaded glasses and look for yourself.

OSUFAN11
4/27/2007, 08:05 AM
It's that damned Bob Stoops, I tell ya! :D
Seriously! All kids see these days is football! It seems like football is becoming "America's greatest game".

OU4LIFE
4/27/2007, 08:16 AM
I wasnt talking about generating money. That is a no brainer.

well, if you'll go back and read my post, that's exactly what I was talking about, yet you called me out for being the dumb one.

mmmm delicious irony.

OU4LIFE
4/27/2007, 08:18 AM
Seriously! All kids see these days is football! It seems like football is becoming "America's greatest game".

becoming?

Dude, as far as NCAA sports goes, football has been building, paying for and driving that bus for several years now.

Jewstin
4/27/2007, 08:18 AM
I think we're missing probably the most important sport of them all in this discussion ... men's gymnastics.

We rock at that (I was bored last year and actually went to the national championship meet that we hosted ... I live just directly West of Lloyd Noble and it was a $5 ticket ... AND we won!).

OSUFAN11
4/27/2007, 08:19 AM
well, if you'll go back and read my post, that's exactly what I was talking about, yet you called me out for being the dumb one.

mmmm delicious irony.

YUM!

OSUFAN11
4/27/2007, 08:21 AM
I think we're missing probably the most important sport of them all in this discussion ... men's gymnastics.

We rock at that (I was bored last year and actually went to the national championship meet that we hosted ... I live just directly West of Lloyd Noble and it was a $5 ticket ... AND we won!).

You guys are good at that but this discussion is about sports that OU and OSU BOTH have!

Jewstin
4/27/2007, 08:22 AM
You guys are good at that but this discussion is about sports that OU and OSU BOTH have!

So why are we talking about football then?

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh diss.

Yeah. I got nothin'.

OSUFAN11
4/27/2007, 08:27 AM
So why are we talking about football then?

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh diss.

Yeah. I got nothin'.

Hey, that was funny!

Collier11
4/27/2007, 10:48 AM
Here is the first official NCAA RPI, if osu is so much better in baseball then why are they so low in the RPI???

Texas A&M leads the way at No. 4, followed by No. 6 Texas, No. 18 OU, No. 22 Nebraska, No. 31 Kansas State, No. 32 Missouri, No. 45 Baylor, No. 59 Oklahoma State, No. 64 Texas Tech and No. 113 Kansas.

Big Red Ron
4/27/2007, 11:08 AM
That was cute! It was in the 50's.Oh wait, you guys have one chamunsheep and we have two so, we're clearly better.

OSUFAN11
4/27/2007, 11:10 AM
Here is the first official NCAA RPI, if osu is so much better in baseball then why are they so low in the RPI???

Texas A&M leads the way at No. 4, followed by No. 6 Texas, No. 18 OU, No. 22 Nebraska, No. 31 Kansas State, No. 32 Missouri, No. 45 Baylor, No. 59 Oklahoma State, No. 64 Texas Tech and No. 113 Kansas.

We had a weak non-conference schedule. When it comes to Big12 play, we have been doing better!

OSUFAN11
4/27/2007, 11:21 AM
Oh wait, you guys have one chamunsheep and we have two so, we're clearly better.

What you said just made me chuckle! That is like me trying to compare our football team to your football team! Since you decided to bring up the past, lets just take a look at it!

OSU
1959 National Champions (OU does have two!)

23 conference championships (OU only has 22 and 4 of them were a tie)

National record 16 consecutive conference championships (1981-1996)

35 NCAA Tournament berths, including 19 straight (1981-1999) (OU only has 30)

18 NCAA Regional titles (OU only has 5)

19 College World Series appearances, including NCAA record seven straight from 1981-87 (OU only has 9)

Tied for fourth-most appearances in NCAA College World Series history

Six CWS Championship game appearances

Big Red Ron
4/27/2007, 11:27 AM
What you said just made me chuckle! That is like me trying to compare our football team to your football team! Since you decided to bring up the past, lets just take a look at it!

OSU
1959 National Champions (OU does have two!)

23 conference championships (OU only has 22 and 4 of them were a tie)

National record 16 consecutive conference championships (1981-1996)

35 NCAA Tournament berths, including 19 straight (1981-1999) (OU only has 30)

18 NCAA Regional titles (OU only has 5)

19 College World Series appearances, including NCAA record seven straight from 1981-87 (OU only has 9)

Tied for fourth-most appearances in NCAA College World Series history

Six CWS Championship game appearancesSo, we do better when we get to the CWS?

Live in the past much?

OSUFAN11
4/27/2007, 11:28 AM
So, we do better when we get to the CWS?

Live in the past much?

No he brought up the past so I shoved it in his face!

Collier11
4/27/2007, 11:29 AM
So, we do better when we get to the CWS?

Live in the past much?

ha ha ha ha ha :D

OU4LIFE
4/27/2007, 11:31 AM
You forgot these:

19 sheep molested per semester (NCAA record)

41 Horseshoeing conference titles

191 'smells like pig sh!t' references by opposing visiting teams (conference record)

31 cowchip tossing conference individual champions (Texas has the most team cowchip tossing titles)

1 Hilarious Newspaper ad error touting you as 'best educaition for the money'

1 NCAA neighborhood fence destroying championship by a coach (no one else even has ONE)

Big Red Ron
4/27/2007, 11:32 AM
I just find it Ironic that OSU fans like to talk about all their champunsheeps and that they are a basketball/baseball/wrasslin school and they're only clearly better in one of the three.

BTW - Our Wimmins Basketball generates more $$$ than your Baseball/Tennis/Wrasslin/Golf combined.

OSUAggie
4/27/2007, 11:35 AM
You forgot these:

19 sheep molested per semester (NCAA record)

41 Horseshoeing conference titles

191 'smells like pig sh!t' references by opposing visiting teams (conference record)

31 cowchip tossing conference individual champions (Texas has the most team cowchip tossing titles)

1 Hilarious Newspaper ad error touting you as 'best educaition for the money'

1 NCAA neighborhood fence destroying championship by a coach (no one else even has ONE)

0 Horsepigs.

OU4LIFE
4/27/2007, 11:36 AM
yet.

you'll copy us on THAT too, just wait.

OSUAggie
4/27/2007, 11:37 AM
:) I hope not...

OU4LIFE
4/27/2007, 11:39 AM
for your sake, I hope not too.

no one deserves horsepigs.

Collier11
4/27/2007, 11:52 AM
going to the game where I found out about the horsepigs is like waking up only to realize that your wife is fat and you have herpes of the butt...thats what osufan11 told me anyways!!

OSUFAN11
4/27/2007, 11:56 AM
going to the game where I found out about the horsepigs is like waking up only to realize that your wife is fat and you have herpes of the butt...thats what osufan11 told me anyways!!

Kids say the funniest things!

goingoneight
4/27/2007, 10:03 PM
0 Horsepigs.

Like this mascot is any better... :rolleyes:

http://i175.photobucket.com/albums/w125/goingoneight/idhitit2.jpg

Piware
4/27/2007, 10:32 PM

Football (Big 12 Champs)
Mens Basketball (once)
Softball (twice)

Soccer
Womens Cross Country
Mens Cross Country
Mens Basketball (once)
Wrestling (twice)
Womens Tennis
Mens Tennis (twice)
Womens Golf

I was hoping no one would remember the devastating Cross Country losses. Was it televised? ESPN. ESPNU, ABC, CBS, Nickelodeon??? How did I miss those nail biters? Missed the Women's Tennis too. Clue us in - how do we catch these sports classic on the tube?

OSUFAN11
4/27/2007, 10:39 PM
I was hoping no one would remember the devastating Cross Country losses. Was it televised? ESPN. ESPNU, ABC, CBS, Nickelodeon??? How did I miss those nail biters? Missed the Women's Tennis too. Clue us in - how do we catch these sports classic on the tube?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHA! You are so funny! Nickelodeon! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Do you think your funny now?

Piware
4/27/2007, 10:43 PM
0 Horsepigs.

OSU - 1 Mutant Pistol Poot

Ash
4/27/2007, 10:56 PM
http://img223.imageshack.us/img223/2631/gheypokesml9.jpg

goingoneight
4/27/2007, 11:40 PM
Like this mascot is any better... :rolleyes:

http://i175.photobucket.com/albums/w125/goingoneight/idhitit2.jpg

No??? Well, I thought it was funny... :(

picasso
4/28/2007, 12:16 AM
http://img223.imageshack.us/img223/2631/gheypokesml9.jpg
wtf! as an artist and an expert custom framer I am offended. lose the overzealous school gayness for a minute and go with a more subtle mat color.

that thing is uglier than Walter Brennan.

goingoneight
4/28/2007, 04:53 PM
I didn't really see much outside of the batter half of the OSU Cheerleader, so yeah... whatever.

Piware
4/28/2007, 06:12 PM
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHA! You are so funny! Nickelodeon! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Do you think your funny now?

Just answer the question.

1stTimeCaller
4/28/2007, 06:25 PM
none of the Aggies have brought up their worldwide dominance in equestrian events have they?

OSUFAN11
4/28/2007, 07:29 PM
none of the Aggies have brought up their worldwide dominance in equestrian events have they?

No but I was tempted when one of your fellow sooner fans brought up gymnastics

JLB
4/28/2007, 08:53 PM
"If you have dielusions of granger,you might be a cowpoke".

Q. what do you call a poke with 500 girlfriends.
A.a sheperd.
WOKA,WOKA,WOKA,

Big Red Ron
4/29/2007, 01:21 PM
No but I was tempted when one of your fellow sooner fans brought up gymnasticsWrasslin = Gymnastics