Sabla
4/24/2007, 02:39 PM
have not seen that commercial.

Boomer.....
4/24/2007, 02:45 PM
Let's sure hope not.

Big Red Ron
4/24/2007, 02:46 PM
WHat's stopping the Big XII from doing the same thing? Why-oh-Weiberg?

IronSooner
4/24/2007, 02:49 PM
Yep, it's going through. I've seen ads for it up here recently. Seems like there was some mention of it at the Illinois spring game.

OUstud
4/24/2007, 04:35 PM
Kind of like having the most boring team in baseball on TBS all the time...

tommie15
4/24/2007, 04:37 PM

You mean the team that won 14 straight? You must be a mets fan.

illinisooner
4/24/2007, 04:48 PM
I like it! :D

silverwheels
4/24/2007, 04:50 PM
WHat's stopping the Big XII from doing the same thing? Why-oh-Weiberg?

Well, Big Ten country has way more large TV markets than Big 12 country. They have Minneapolis, Milwaukee, Chicago, Indianapolis, Detroit, Cleveland, Columbus, Cincinnati, and Pittsburgh. We have Denver, Kansas City, Oklahoma City, The Metroplex, San Antonio, and Houston. Besides, Texas already has its own channel: Fox Sports SW.

Fraggle145
4/24/2007, 04:53 PM

Agreed braves suck, and ya I am a mets fan. 14 straight, one world series win. way to go. overachievers. :D

Big Red Ron
4/24/2007, 04:56 PM
Well, Big Ten country has way more large TV markets than Big 12 country. They have Minneapolis, Milwaukee, Chicago, Indianapolis, Detroit, Cleveland, Columbus, Cincinnati, and Pittsburgh. We have Denver, Kansas City, Oklahoma City, The Metroplex, San Antonio, and Houston. Besides, Texas already has its own channel: Fox Sports SW.You could add Tulsa, St. Louis, Austin, Lincoln and Iowa City as second tier cities that have significant value. I thought I saw they have like 10 million more people in Big 10/11 but it was like 50 mill to 60 mill. I mean 50 Million people ain't nuthin to sneeze at. Especially, in an area with less pro sports to compete with.

OSUAggie
4/24/2007, 05:00 PM
I thought I saw they have like 10 million more people in Big 10/11 but it was like 50 mill to 60 mill. I mean 50 Million people ain't nuthin to sneeze at. Especially, in an area with less pro sports to compete with.

http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1873280&postcount=11

Collier11
4/24/2007, 05:04 PM
Agreed braves suck, and ya I am a mets fan. 14 straight, one world series win. way to go. overachievers. :D

Im no braves fan but just how many division titles, national league titles, and ws titles have the mets won in that time?? :eek: just sayin ;)

illinisooner
4/24/2007, 05:41 PM
You could add Tulsa, St. Louis, Austin, Lincoln and Iowa City as second tier cities that have significant value. I thought I saw they have like 10 million more people in Big 10/11 but it was like 50 mill to 60 mill. I mean 50 Million people ain't nuthin to sneeze at. Especially, in an area with less pro sports to compete with.

Might as well count St. Louis and Iowa City as dual markets for Big 10 and Big 12. Lots of Illini faithful in in the most dangerous city in the US and Iowa City has alot of Hawkeyes too, even if it may be Cyclone country.

tommie15
4/24/2007, 05:43 PM
Im no braves fan but just how many division titles, national league titles, and ws titles have the mets won in that time?? :eek: just sayin ;)

i think this translates to internet speak as PWNED

MichiganSooner
4/24/2007, 05:52 PM
This first came out near the end of last football season. I read about it in the Detroit Free Press online paper and sent the article to Joe C and to the Big 12 office. Did not receive any acknowledgement from either person's office. A Big 12 Network would be great out here. Would much rather watch games on it than the NFL Network.

goingoneight
4/24/2007, 07:38 PM
Jesus... the baseball zombie has made it's way into the holy football forum... :eek:

Fraggle145
4/24/2007, 07:44 PM

Since they moved to their respective cities (1962 for the Mets, 1966 for the Braves) Mets have won more WS titles than the braves. 2 to 1. Division titles dont mean squat if you cant get it done. Just sayin.

Atlanta is 29-11-18 and the Mets are 24-12-12 in World Series games.

The Mets have been to the Series once since 1990 and lost (2000), the Braves have been 5 times (out of their sacred 14 division title years) and won once. Overall the Mets have been 4 times winning twice.

Since 1969 (which is as far back as I can find on the MLB website (http://mlb.mlb.com/mlb/history/postseason/mlb_lcs.jsp) the mets have won four LCS and the Braves have won 5

So basically those Division titles that the Braves have won really havent amounted to much. the real team of the 90s was the Yankees, winning three series. Also if it wasnt for the strike year where the Expos were leading the east by a mile, that streak wouldnt have been as long.

BTW, who won the NL East last year?

Fraggle145
4/24/2007, 07:46 PM
i think this translates to internet speak as PWNED

http://www.geocities.com/nolefan_fsu/football/corso_lee.jpg

Not so fast my friend!

(man he was ugly when he played too)

TripleOption14
4/24/2007, 07:52 PM
The thing i don't get is why the Big 10??? This is a conf. which is made up of two teams St. and Blue! Everyone else blows!!! And don't give me that Badger sh!t!! That was a lightening in a bottle situation. If ANY conf. deserves it own network its hands down the SEC. The Big 12 top to bottom is much better than the Big 10 top to bottom. Big 10 network :rolleyes: give me a friggin break.

goingoneight
4/24/2007, 07:52 PM
I know exactly why we don't have a network of OUr own. Because nationally... people dislike us and Texas... how good will the ratings be when you have an OU/NU/TX Network? Seriously... how many people want to see Bobby Knight anymore? Who watches wrestling? There are some... but no enough to give us a channel. But as for the people like the SEC homers who hate eachother, but have a monstrous hard-on for their conference would sit and jerk it all day long if they had a network to watch. That's like asking why there isn't a PAC 10 channel... USC games on Saturdays only 13-14 times a year would draw a pulse.

royalfan5
4/24/2007, 07:54 PM
Getting a network isn't based on merit, it's based on whether you can make a profit off of it. The Mountain West has it's own network too. If the Big 10 can make more money by doing this more power to them.

Fraggle145
4/24/2007, 07:54 PM
The thing i don't get is why the Big 10??? This is a conf. which is made up of two teams St. and Blue! Everyone else blows!!! And don't give me that Badger sh!t!! That was a lightening in a bottle situation. If ANY conf. deserves it own network its hands down the SEC. The Big 12 top to bottom is much better than the Big 10 top to bottom. Big 10 network :rolleyes: give me a friggin break.

You can look this up, but I believe it is beacuse their conference has the most alumni...

tommie15
4/24/2007, 08:13 PM
Fraggle, your boy Redman is doing his best to help the Mets tonight. Good Lord this dude is horrible.

And the Big Texas Conference is exactly what Osborne and Switzer said it would be: dog poo.

Big Red Ron
4/24/2007, 10:08 PM
Fraggle, your boy Redman is doing his best to help the Mets tonight. Good Lord this dude is horrible.

And the Big Texas Conference is exactly what Osborne and Switzer said it would be: dog poo.Redman's gotta be getting old. Sheesh, he was our ace when we won the CWS in 1994.

OSUAggie
4/24/2007, 10:10 PM
Was Russ Ortiz on that team?

For some reason, the only name I can remember from that team is Chip Glass.

Desert Sapper
4/25/2007, 11:47 AM
The SEC already has CBS, CSS, FSS, and Jefferson-Pilot. This 'Big 10 Network' is just another FSN subsidiary. We have FSSW. Not a huge deal. This isn't a national network. We could easily do the same thing for the FSSW subscriber network (plus the other Big XII states). I'm guessing nobody has demanded it yet.

Big Red Ron
4/25/2007, 12:12 PM
Was Russ Ortiz on that team?

For some reason, the only name I can remember from that team is Chip Glass.Ortiz, Redman, Chip Glass and Buckey Buckles. All name team of the CWS. ;)

TheHumanAlphabet
4/25/2007, 12:25 PM

You all forget, when TBS was own by "straight-speaking" Ted, the Braves were a way to get subscribers and penetration into homes and bars. Many people would tune in just to watch the Braves futility (at the time). Besides, who didn't want to watch the "Wolfman" furniture commercials. Ted must've been successful, because the Braves are still on TV...

OUTromBoNado
4/26/2007, 12:19 AM
THE BIG 10 NETWORK
Covering all the action, from all the sports, from all 11 schools.

r5TPsooner
4/26/2007, 05:22 PM
I like it because if it happens, it'll work better than Ambien.