PDA

View Full Version : Bye bye Bobby Maze

LittleWingSooner
4/24/2007, 02:29 PM
Maze is gone (http://www.soonersports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=300&ATCLID=875845)

Boomer.....
4/24/2007, 02:34 PM
I just saw this bad news. I wonder what the deal is?

King Crimson
4/24/2007, 02:42 PM
that stinks.

fwsooner22
4/24/2007, 02:45 PM
Regardless of what story comes out "WE" have got to get to a point where this stops happening. The list of transfers is WAY too long. I realize it's too early to comment on Mr. Maze but he has lengthened the list of players who find us less than appealing AFTER they have been on campus.

I am tired of it. If we have to go after the next tier kids and stay away from the AAU superstar kid.....I am all for it..........

Big Red Ron
4/24/2007, 02:49 PM
Good God. Now, Austin "My tattoo's weigh more than me" Johnson just got back in the PG rotation. Jeeze, next year might be worse than last.

Collier11
4/24/2007, 02:49 PM
SH*T!!! I really thought he would be good too!

colleyvillesooner
4/24/2007, 02:50 PM
Prolly Schmitty's fault.

royalfan5
4/24/2007, 02:55 PM
Regardless of what story comes out "WE" have got to get to a point where this stops happening. The list of transfers is WAY too long. I realize it's too early to comment on Mr. Maze but he has lengthened the list of players who find us less than appealing AFTER they have been on campus.

I am tired of it. If we have to go after the next tier kids and stay away from the AAU superstar kid.....I am all for it..........
Those kids will leave because they are over their heads. NU has been trying that for years. They transfer just as much as the hotshot kids.

ouradu
4/24/2007, 03:05 PM
there were times during the season where you really had to feel this was coming. He and Capel just didn't seem to be on the same page and Maze really didn't seem to respond in the right way when Capel would sit him. He just kinda seemed like he had the same attitude toward Capel that Lavender did to Kelvin, just didn't seem to care for the system or his way of dealing with him when he was in his doghouse. Oh well. We have to really start from scratch now.

Ardmore_Sooner
4/24/2007, 03:27 PM
Some games (ie @ Baylor) Maze didn't play until the last few minutes of the game!

Big Red Ron
4/24/2007, 03:30 PM
Good God. Now, Austin "My tattoo's weigh more than me" Johnson just got back in the PG rotation. Jeeze, next year might be worse than last.

http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/images/reputation/reputation_balance.gif Dumb Sooner:O Gotta love that Aggie love. Dufus, you're on our board. Let's just plan on neggin each other every chance we get, K?:D

crawfish
4/24/2007, 03:55 PM
Not much of a surprise. He was a last-minute recruit and came primarily because of the opportunity. He never seemed to fit in well.

That being said, I'm disappointed he's leaving. I thought he had some good potential.

boomersooner82
4/24/2007, 03:56 PM
That seriously sucks. I don't know if I can take another season with Turnover McGhee running the offense. Of course, if he didn't want to be here or Capel didn't want him here, I guess it's a good thing he's gone.

Sooner24
4/24/2007, 04:13 PM
there were times during the season where you really had to feel this was coming. He and Capel just didn't seem to be on the same page and Maze really didn't seem to respond in the right way when Capel would sit him. He just kinda seemed like he had the same attitude toward Capel that Lavender did to Kelvin, just didn't seem to care for the system or his way of dealing with him when he was in his doghouse. Oh well. We have to really start from scratch now.

Drew was Kelvins whipping boy. I never had a doubt Drew would leave because Kelvin rode him like an Army mule.

OUstud
4/24/2007, 04:33 PM

Yeah that's what I thought. I remember saying sometime in the middle of the season that I bet he would transfer. This was before he was starting games like he did toward the end.

Big Red Ron
4/24/2007, 04:35 PM
Drew was Kelvins whipping boy. I never had a doubt Drew would leave because Kelvin rode him like an Army mule.We'd have made the NCAA tournament if Drew were here last year.

Sooner24
4/24/2007, 04:53 PM
We'd have made the NCAA tournament if Drew were here last year.

Agreed.

Collier11
4/24/2007, 05:01 PM
or scottie reynolds or damion james or lawrence mckenzie........

Big Red Ron
4/24/2007, 05:03 PM
or scottie reynolds or damion james or lawrence mckenzie........Yeah, but that's different.

soonervegas
4/24/2007, 05:13 PM
So is it common knowledge around here that LittleWingSooner is actually NickZepp?

colleyvillesooner
4/24/2007, 05:14 PM
HERE WE GO...

okienole3
4/24/2007, 05:59 PM
So is it common knowledge around here that LittleWingSooner is actually NickZepp?

I have wondered that myself.

I like how so many people "saw this coming." Funny, because I never saw it mentioned on here.

I will throw out a scenario for you....any chance he is leaving because he knows that Jai Lucas is coming in? I mean, why wait until now?

Ardmore_Sooner
4/24/2007, 06:58 PM
:O Gotta love that Aggie love. Dufus, you're on our board. Let's just plan on neggin each other every chance we get, K?:D

Don't worry BRR, I got negged for simply stating that he got minimal time in a game! Ha ha, and all it said was "Every dog has his day."

What the heck does that mean!?

goingoneight
4/24/2007, 07:48 PM
Aggots will be aggots. :rolleyes:

the_ouskull
4/24/2007, 08:35 PM
We'd have made the NCAA tournament last year if we'd have made the NCAA tournament.

the_ouskull

Ardmore_Sooner
4/24/2007, 09:11 PM
I love anonymous people.

I think this puts us a big step back, but definitely won't hurt us as worse as losing Drew Lavender.

Ash
4/24/2007, 09:13 PM

I like how so many people "saw this coming." Funny, because I never saw it mentioned on here.

I will throw out a scenario for you....any chance he is leaving because he knows that Jai Lucas is coming in? I mean, why wait until now?

Boy...that would make my day. I'd be VERY surprised if that happened, though.

LittleWingSooner
4/24/2007, 09:20 PM
We do have a freshman point already coming in with Neysmith. And it looks like we can get Donte Smith. But I still say point guard play won't matter if we get no scoring from our other spots.

Soonerus
4/24/2007, 10:53 PM
I hate to see him go, I thought he showed signs of becoming a really good player...who knows what the real story is....but he seemed to enjoy it here, he was at most of the Hornets games...

okienole3
4/24/2007, 11:13 PM
We do have a freshman point already coming in with Neysmith. And it looks like we can get Donte Smith. But I still say point guard play won't matter if we get no scoring from our other spots.

We know. You've told us that on every one of your posts for the last 4 months.

william_brasky
4/25/2007, 03:32 AM
Yeah that's what I thought. I remember saying sometime in the middle of the season that I bet he would transfer. This was before he was starting games like he did toward the end.

I said the same thing around the same time before he came on a little bit the last part of the season.

There was some game (can't remember specific game) we were playing where it was close, highly-challenged contest. Both squads were really into the game. Our entire bench was really getting into it except Maze. He just sat there as a good play was made. The rest of the bench would be standing up cheering on the squad.

Good riddance in my book. Not a team player.

Rhino
4/25/2007, 10:16 AM
We do have a freshman point already coming in with Neysmith. Neysmith is a combo guard, still not a true point.

skycat
4/25/2007, 10:18 AM

That would be huge for you guys, but I don't think that's the case.

I think that it's more likely coming out now because the academic year is winding down. There are a bunch of transfer stories in the last week or so.

stoops the eternal pimp
4/25/2007, 10:45 AM
Oh well...More pt for someone else

Jeopardude
4/25/2007, 10:49 AM
I know someone who'd dealt with Bobby Maze this last year. He said Bobby was CONVINCED he was going NBA this year. Seems like Bobby has a higher opinion of his playing ability than Capel, opposing coaches, teammates, scouts and the entire population of the Western Hemisphere do.

rankin07
4/25/2007, 07:00 PM
I know Tony Crocker was really good friends with him I bet that probably puts him down a little bit I'd hate to lose a close friend and teammate

Collier11
4/25/2007, 07:04 PM
maze was a nice guy, I played ball with him a few times last summer. He never seemed full of himself from what I saw unlike some of the other OU players

badger
4/25/2007, 10:41 PM
When in doubt... see what everybody else is saying...
story here (http://tulsaworld.com/sports/article.aspx?articleID=070425_2_B1_hSour20451&breadcrumb=Basketball)
and here (http://www.normantranscript.com/sports/local_story_115002840.html?keyword=secondarystory)
and here (http://hub.ou.edu/articles/article.php?item_id=1549962048&section_id=664781553)

all of them cite the same reasons discussed here--- attitude and practice problems.

To think... we could have had the next Allen Iverson (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eGDBR2L5kzI&mode=related&search=). Oh well :rolleyes:

SoonerDood
4/25/2007, 10:44 PM
wait, you mean Kelvin wasn't the only coach that lost players?:confused:

Collier11
4/25/2007, 10:47 PM
Whether all that is true or not, I guess we will never know. But Iverson is a great player who has matured a great deal over his career and is now considered a leader around the league, so lets hope the best for Maze and that he grows up!!

the_ouskull
4/25/2007, 10:48 PM
wait, you mean Kelvin wasn't the only coach that lost players?

Yes he was.

Sincerely,
Cleti

Big Red Ron
4/25/2007, 10:50 PM
wait, you mean Kelvin wasn't the only coach that lost players?:confused:Call me when Capel loses a few McDonalds Americans and many of our best talent, on a yearly bases, for a decade, k?

Rhino
4/25/2007, 11:27 PM
Sincerely,
Cleti Don't you bring dorkboard words over here.

Ardmore_Sooner
4/26/2007, 12:28 AM
I don't understand why the Kelvin lovers have to dis on Capel... Maze probably would have left if Sampson was still here, don't you think? :confused:

LittleWingSooner
4/26/2007, 10:21 AM
Maze wouldn't be here if Sampson stayed.

Big Red Ron
4/26/2007, 10:28 AM
Maze wouldn't be here if Sampson stayed.No chit. We wouldn't have needed him if Sampson would have stayed.

Collier11
4/26/2007, 10:54 AM
I dont know, I hear that Maze had a really good cell phone plan!!!

Collier11
4/26/2007, 11:42 AM
Those that cant take a joke, lets not turn this into a KS discussion...you all know you dont want to deal with reality and that is why you cant take a joke!!!

man00
4/29/2007, 02:08 AM
Maze I'm afraid will not be the only to leave before start of next season.

jk the sooner fan
4/29/2007, 07:03 AM
is there any inside scoop on what the real reason for Maze leaving is?

OUmillenium
4/29/2007, 09:10 AM
Maze was definitely a ball-hog, hunt down your shot type of guy. Fortunately he had the ability to make some of those shots. I liked his speed and scoring. Wish he would not have left but if he was not into the team concept or if he wasscrewing up off the court, then good riddance.

Rhino
4/29/2007, 12:24 PM
is there any inside scoop on what the real reason for Maze leaving is? Maze views practice the same way AI views practice.

jk the sooner fan
4/29/2007, 12:30 PM
ahhh, makes sense

sooner518
4/30/2007, 01:10 PM
Maze views practice the same way AI views practice.
'We talkin' 'bout PRACTICE!!"
http://images.usatoday.com/sports/nba/_photos2/2002-05-07-iverson2.jpg

JDawg2303
5/3/2007, 04:43 PM

Not true. Of course to complete the puzzle we need a big dominant center but a point guard is more important because they can create plays and make things happen. To win the first thing you must do is take care of the basketball and not turn it over. That's been our biggest problem. If we had someone who can drive into the lane and either dish it out effectively or take it strong, we would be doing a lot better. Our weakest point has always been point guard ever since Quannas White graduated (a close second would be center).