PDA

View Full Version : Harry Reid Has Gone Flippin' Beserk

FaninAma
4/23/2007, 03:31 PM
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,267802,00.html

I understand that there is plenty of room for disagreement but it is insane for the Senate Majority Leader to take the discussion to this public and critical of a level. Agree or disagree with Bush and his military advisors but the Senate Majority Leader has no Constitutional authority to threaten to usurp control of foreign policy from the Commander in Chief.

This has to be very encouraging to the insurgents and terrorists....not to mention the cabals in Iran and Syria.

Nevada seriously needs to consider recalling this maniac.

Flagstaffsooner
4/23/2007, 03:34 PM
He's a second rate snotty little politician trying to make a name for himself.

Vaevictis
4/23/2007, 03:39 PM
Agree or disagree with Bush and his military advisors but the Senate Majority Leader has no Constitutional authority to threaten to usurp control of foreign policy from the Commander in Chief.

Yeah, but Congress does have the authority to say, "Heh, do it our way if you want us to open the purse strings."

85Sooner
4/23/2007, 03:40 PM
When are we gonna really define the crime of treason and start enforcing it and the penalties.

Just like for that iranian who sold his access to nuclear secrets that they arrested last week. He had just become a citizen and this is the way he shows his love of country. He should be shot. Literally.

yermom
4/23/2007, 03:43 PM
so it's treason to disagree with the president?

OSUAggie
4/23/2007, 03:46 PM
I love it when people worry about what the terrorists will think whenever there's a disagreement in America of any sort. Like everything we do or don't do is a sign that the "terrosists won" or some ****.

Vaevictis
4/23/2007, 03:50 PM

Heh. That really is when the terrorists have won.

FaninAma
4/23/2007, 03:53 PM

It's supposedly treason to give aid and comfort to those we are at war with. I think 2 things save Reid in this instance.
1. War has not been officially declared.
2. What constitutes "rendering aid and comfort" is very subjective and ever since Jane Fonda got by with what she did in Vietnam the bar for proving treason has been very high.

I do think the confrontational methods Reid and the Democrats are using is very counterproductive. It may be appealing to the Democrats radical base but I think their methods will hurt them with moderate voters.

yermom
4/23/2007, 03:56 PM
it may be counterproductive, or even career damaging, but i don't really like the idea of living somewhere where dissent is avoided for fear of being incarcerated or worse for "treason" or sedition or whatever

TheHumanAlphabet
4/23/2007, 03:57 PM
Just like for that iranian who sold his access to nuclear secrets that they arrested last week. He had just become a citizen and this is the way he shows his love of country. He should be shot. Literally.

Huh? Hadn't heard of this. Got a link?

Vaevictis
4/23/2007, 03:57 PM
Don't forget #3, that pesky First Amendment.

jk the sooner fan
4/23/2007, 04:00 PM
i wouldnt call it treason, not even close

but it makes me ill all the same

Widescreen
4/23/2007, 04:00 PM
Reid and Pelosi have gone way beyond their authority with some of their actions in the last few weeks. The WP even criticized Pelosi for her trip to Syria so you know it was bad.

FaninAma
4/23/2007, 04:02 PM
I love it when people worry about what the terrorists will think whenever there's a disagreement in America of any sort. Like everything we do or don't do is a sign that the "terrosists won" or some ****.

It depends on the source and manner of the disagreement. I think the hostile, defeatist language used by the Majority Leader of the Senate is very encouraging to the insurgents and terrorists.

I don't agree with everything Bush has done either but I do agree that there is a real threat to our country and way of life from extremist muslims and if Iraq isn't the right place to confront the threat and establis a beachhead in this fight then where is?

If now is not the right time to confront this threat then when is....when our children have to confront a stronger and more organized threat?

We are at exactly the same point the world was at when Hitler invaded the Sudentland. Do we committ the same mistakes as Chamberlain and the rest of Europe by giving in to fascists (which is what the extreme muslims are)?

Do you even agree there is a threat? If so, when and where do you propose we confront that threat? Or do we just hide beneath our beds and hope the bad guys will leave us alone? Clinton tried that and we see the results.

Do the radical muslims really have that much more strength of will than we do? Is the loyal opposition really that willing to give up so easily?

OklahomaTuba
4/23/2007, 04:05 PM

I think the morale of our troops in the field killing those terrorists is of more concern.

I don't think there has been a time in history where we have been in the middle of a war, and the leader of political party has done so much to undermine our troops.

If trying to cut the funds for the troops and then telling them they have failed while they are still fighting isn't undermining them, I don't know what is.

Rhino
4/23/2007, 04:07 PM
Huh? Hadn't heard of this. Got a link? link (http://www.azcentral.com/arizonarepublic/news/articles/0422nuclear-reax0422.html)

FaninAma
4/23/2007, 04:08 PM

The first amendment is what the court system says it is. Right now the court system interprets it liberally which is a good thing, IMO. And the way you continue to have a strong First Amendment is to be willing to fight those who detest this country for valuing that very thing, among many other things we hold dear and which they detest, and would like to destroy if they could.

TheHumanAlphabet
4/23/2007, 04:12 PM
link (http://www.azcentral.com/arizonarepublic/news/articles/0422nuclear-reax0422.html)

Thanks...

This makes me very angry...

OklahomaTuba
4/23/2007, 04:13 PM

We still have amendments? I could have sworn some liberal told me Bush got rid of those.

OSUAggie
4/23/2007, 04:14 PM
Do you even agree there is a threat? If so, when and where do you propose we confront that threat? Or do we just hide beneath our beds and hope the bad guys will leave us alone? Clinton tried that and we see the results.

Do the radical muslims really have that much more strength of will than we do? Is the loyal opposition really that willing to give up so easily?

Yeah, I agree there's a threat.

When and where to handle that threat is the issue. It appears that our elected leaders chose Iraq as the best place to confront the threat. The merit of validity in that decision has been debated ad nausiam, and I don't think either side has a definitive point.

I think we need to take a step back and really examine why there is a threat and if there is something we can do to extinguish the threat. All we seem to be doing in Iraq is fighting an endless war against an outmanned people that has cost us a few thousand lives and them a ridiculous amount more plus the "stability" (however unpopular their stability might have been) that their country had before we came and said hello.

If elected officials offer words of disdain for the policies being pushed on the other side of the aisle, I don't think that's anything more than expressing the viewpoint of the people that elected him/her. How the terrorists take his dissent is up to them, but I don't think any damage can be done by disagreeing (even in public) with W.

Then again, I'm not much for fighting being the answer to anything.

85Sooner
4/23/2007, 04:14 PM
Huh? Hadn't heard of this. Got a link?

i am looking it was on the weekly intellegence report from stratfor.com I just want to find out more.

SoonerStormchaser
4/23/2007, 04:16 PM
Dude...don't bring Jane Fonda into this...that yainch shoulda been brutally shot thirty years ago!

85Sooner
4/23/2007, 04:22 PM
PHOENIX - A former engineer at the nation's largest nuclear power plant has been charged with taking computer access codes and software to Iran and using it to download details of plant control rooms and reactors, authorities said.

http://www.iranmania.com/News/ArticleView/Default.asp?NewsCode=51072&NewsKind=Current%20Affairs

http://www.libertypost.org/cgi-bin/readart.cgi?ArtNum=184697&Disp=6

How funny that there was nothing from any of the main stream media about this when I google it.

Rhino
4/23/2007, 04:28 PM
How funny that there was nothing from any of the main stream media about this when I google it. Washington Post, Reuters were among the majors to report it.

This makes it a bit less national-news-worthy:

The FBI said there's no indication that Mohammad Alavi, a U.S. citizen who worked at the triple-reactor Palo Verde power plant west of Phoenix, had any terrorist connections. Not that it makes it any less suspicious, but I digress.

85Sooner
4/23/2007, 04:32 PM
Washington Post, Reuters were among the majors to report it.

This makes it a bit less national-news-worthy:
Not that it makes it any less suspicious, but I digress.

I was looking for ABC, CBS, NBC CNN etc.... Both of these sights, one is dateline London, The other looks like a drudgereport wannabe. I wonder why it didn't trigger the majors????????????????????
Yeah anyone who goes to IRAN given the state of the world at this point, walks in and uses their top secret security codes to access anything from one of our top Nuclear facilities should be shot just for being stupid.

FaninAma
4/23/2007, 04:35 PM
Dude...don't bring Jane Fonda into this...that yainch shoulda been brutally shot thirty years ago!

What, you don't believe in the First Amendment?:D

85Sooner
4/23/2007, 04:36 PM

She was............................. with a lot of BOTOX wa wa wa wa:D

FaninAma
4/23/2007, 04:41 PM
Yeah, I agree there's a threat.

When and where to handle that threat is the issue. It appears that our elected leaders chose Iraq as the best place to confront the threat. The merit of validity in that decision has been debated ad nausiam, and I don't think either side has a definitive point.

I think we need to take a step back and really examine why there is a threat and if there is something we can do to extinguish the threat. All we seem to be doing in Iraq is fighting an endless war against an outmanned people that has cost us a few thousand lives and them a ridiculous amount more plus the "stability" (however unpopular their stability might have been) that their country had before we came and said hello.

If elected officials offer words of disdain for the policies being pushed on the other side of the aisle, I don't think that's anything more than expressing the viewpoint of the people that elected him/her. How the terrorists take his dissent is up to them, but I don't think any damage can be done by disagreeing (even in public) with W.

Then again, I'm not much for fighting being the answer to anything.

Let me ask you something. As a loyal Aggie fan do you or do you not take great comfort from knowing that there is great disagreement and criticism among the leaders and loyal supporters of the, in an aggies view, "evil" Sooner nation down in Norman? I know, lame example.

When you see bitter division and public disagreement from your enemies it cannot help but be a positive, moral boosting development for your side.

OSUAggie
4/23/2007, 05:00 PM
I get what you're saying. In my mind, people disagreeing and discussing their opinions in an open forum is a good thing. I don't know how a young muslim terrorist thinks b/c I've never had an opportunity to know one. I can make assumptions based on their actions, but really that doesn't tell the entire story.

And yeah, I would take great comfort knowing that the "enemy" doesn't know how to handle me. I wouldn't consider it a "victory" or anything, but instead I'd think it was more a positive thing that they were actually concerned with how to handle my situation and treat my people in a manner that I found fair so that both sides can have an existence that benefits the world, a world in which I want to feel needed (speaking as a Muslim).

Sam Spade
4/23/2007, 05:00 PM
Good for Reid. It's about time the Dems grew a backbone and started standing up to Herr Dictator Bush. Sounds like Reid has Bush on the run. I'll be he's having one of his now famous little spoiled white boy temper tantrums around the Oval Office.

Well, good. I'm glad Congress is finally starting to reassert itself. Maybe now we can regain some of those checks and balances that have been stripped away for the past 5 1/2 years and maybe now Congress will re-take it's place in determining our foreign policy as they are supposed to instead of being the White House's little lapdogs.

:)

FaninAma
4/23/2007, 05:03 PM
Good for Reid. It's about time the Dems grew a backbone and started standing up to Herr Dictator Bush. Sounds like Reid has Bush on the run. I'll be he's having one of his now famous little spoiled white boy temper tantrums around the Oval Office.

Well, good. I'm glad Congress is finally starting to reassert itself. Maybe now we can regain some of those checks and balances that have been stripped away for the past 5 1/2 years and maybe now Congress will re-take it's place in determining our foreign policy as they are supposed to instead of being the White House's little lapdogs.

I agree that there needs to be somebody with statesmanship, intelligence and dignity voice concern over the some of the problems with the Iraq War. Sadly, Harry Reid isn't that person and I doubt there is such a person among the current leadership of the Democratic Congress.

I really think the best leader the Democrats have is currently serving as Governor of New Mexico.

Sam Spade
4/23/2007, 05:11 PM
I agree that there needs to be somebody with statesmanship, intelligence and dignity voice concern over the some of the problems with the Iraq War. Sadly, Harry Reid isn't that person and I doubt there is such a person among the current leadership of the Democratic Congress.

I really think the best leader the Democrats have is currently serving as Governor of New Mexico.
I agree with both of your points.

Reid, while (IMHO) well intended, could learn to be a bit more diplomatic, tactful, etc.

85Sooner
4/23/2007, 06:37 PM

I don't know what these checks and balances you supposedly have been stripped of for 5 + years. What were those again?

Also Congress was sooooooooooo great in dealing with cuba right? China right? USSR right?.. I believe those were presidential actions that prevailed.

Representatives are to govern for the people with regard to the laws here. Senate members were to be the representatives regarding Foreign relations not policies.

So I'll wait to hear about the strippage.

usmc-sooner
4/23/2007, 06:46 PM

I'm guessing your a real strong conservative Republican, just like LAS :D

jk the sooner fan
4/23/2007, 06:49 PM

they work in the same building, i'll bet they have some real interesting political discussions

usmc-sooner
4/23/2007, 06:57 PM
they work in the same building, i'll bet they have some real interesting political discussions

is that not just the most amazing coincidence.

I mean the odds of that would have to be amazing.

jk the sooner fan
4/23/2007, 06:58 PM
i'm amazed

truly

Widescreen
4/23/2007, 07:15 PM
maybe now Congress will re-take it's place in determining our foreign policy as they are supposed to instead of being the White House's little lapdogs.
Which Congress are you referring to? It's certainly not the US congress that defines foreign policy. At least not by design - you wouldn't know it by the way Reid and Pelosi are behaving.

okienole3
4/23/2007, 10:50 PM
Which Congress are you referring to? It's certainly not the US congress that defines foreign policy. At least not by design - you wouldn't know it by the way Reid and Pelosi are behaving.

EXACTLY

SoonerGirl06
4/23/2007, 11:13 PM
Reid is totally undermining everything our military men and women have sacrificed by making comments like this and with those he said a few days ago.

If it weren't for our military, his *** would be facing east saying praise to Allah.

soonerscuba
4/23/2007, 11:16 PM
Yeeahhhh, no he wouldn't.

olevetonahill
4/23/2007, 11:19 PM
i wouldnt call it treason, not even close

but it makes me ill all the same
Yup
he aint even a second rate Hanoi jane .

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
4/23/2007, 11:19 PM
... I'd think it was more a positive thing that they were actually concerned with how to handle my situation and treat my people in a manner that I found fair so that both sides can have an existence that benefits the world, a world in which I want to feel needed (speaking as a Muslim).Those guys have said, and continue to say they want to kill as many Americans as they can. The war has been declared. They are the aggressor, and we need to stop them, not pretend they will listen to reason. They have announced THEY WANT US DEAD....Please, GET IT!

olevetonahill
4/23/2007, 11:24 PM
It depends on the source and manner of the disagreement. I think the hostile, defeatist language used by the Majority Leader of the Senate is very encouraging to the insurgents and terrorists.

I don't agree with everything Bush has done either but I do agree that there is a real threat to our country and way of life from extremist muslims and if Iraq isn't the right place to confront the threat and establis a beachhead in this fight then where is?

If now is not the right time to confront this threat then when is....when our children have to confront a stronger and more organized threat?

We are at exactly the same point the world was at when Hitler invaded the Sudentland. Do we committ the same mistakes as Chamberlain and the rest of Europe by giving in to fascists (which is what the extreme muslims are)?

while I may agree in part .
Its the hanoi Janes of this country that still pisz this ole vet off .
I have several young friends Over there .
JK2 is one of em , Ive never met the young man . But Id Kill someone who helps put his life in jeapordy :mad:

olevetonahill
4/23/2007, 11:38 PM
My fellow Americans
Forgive an ole vet his rant or kiss my *** .
We have BOOTS on the ground :eek:
whether you agree / disagre . Dont mean shat .
THEY are THERE . If Any one does anydayum thing to jeopardise them . Then Im My opinion you are a Traitor :mad:
Most of Yall are way to young to remember the Nam . Yall say welcome Home heros to the troops . While you cut thier throats as they are trying to do the Job .:mad:
F I
STFU olevet .
It donmeanothin

SoonerGirl06
4/23/2007, 11:41 PM

I don't know how a young muslim terrorist thinks b/c I've never had an opportunity to know one. I can make assumptions based on their actions, but really that doesn't tell the entire story.

And yeah, I would take great comfort knowing that the "enemy" doesn't know how to handle me. I wouldn't consider it a "victory" or anything, but instead I'd think it was more a positive thing that they were actually concerned with how to handle my situation and treat my people in a manner that I found fair so that both sides can have an existence that benefits the world, a world in which I want to feel needed (speaking as a Muslim).

Basically the thoughts of a terrorist include: Hatred toward all Americans/Christian. Kill all Americans/Christians at any and all costs.

There is no negotiating with terrorists, there is no appeasing terrorists. It's been tried and tested in the past... and has failed miserably. Look at all those times in the 90's when our Embassy's or other American interests (WTC, USS Cole, etc) were attacked and we "lobbed" a missle or two in their direction. Did that deter them from striking us again? No. It only emboldened them further because they knew we wouldn't do much of anything to stop them, that is until 9/11.

To Muslims there cannot be a world in which different religions live side by side peacefully. Their religion is the only way and they are willing to kill and die for it... at all costs.

Pulling out of Iraq now will only strengthen them. It will be a sign that America is not willing to fight. Reid's comments and similar comments made by his fellow Democrats puts us in harms way because it shows terrorists that our leaders aren't willing to stand behind our military and support them in the manner in which they need and deserve to be supported.

soonerscuba
4/24/2007, 12:01 AM
To Muslims there cannot be a world in which different religions live side by side peacefully.

I agree, my roommate is Muslim. It is TERRIBLE. I am always worrying that, one day, he is going to strap a bomb to himself and kill a bunch a Christians. Wait a second, that is not actually my most dire concern, my most dire concern is that Allah is going to be none to pleased with all the white, Christian, daughters of the infidels that he has, um, "hung out with". Also, I am afraid that he is going is going to forget to pick up beer and chips, leave the porch light on, leave the mail in the box, not send the Netflix back, drink all the Gatorade, and wake me up when he decides that Guitar Hero at 2 AM would be cool. Nary shall the Christians and Muslims come to peace with such discords between us.

Turd_Ferguson
4/24/2007, 12:05 AM
I agree, my roommate is Muslim. It is TERRIBLE. I am always worrying that, one day, he is going to strap a bomb to himself and kill a bunch a Christians. Wait a second, that is not actually my most dire concern, my most dire concern is that Allah is going to be none to pleased with all the white, Christian, daughters of the infidels that he has, um, "hung out with". Also, I am afraid that he is going is going to forget to pick up beer and chips, leave the porch light on, leave the mail in the box, not send the Netflix back, drink all the Gatorade, and wake me up when he decides that Guitar Hero at 2 AM would be cool. Nary shall the Christians and Muslims come to peace with such discords between us.
Shoot him....with a long yardage shot!

SoonerGirl06
4/24/2007, 12:23 AM

Let me clarify myself... According to RADICAL Muslims there cannot be a world in which different religions live side by side peacefully.

Although I seriously doubt that my clarification will provide any satisfaction for you whatsoever.

And out of curiousity... what does your Muslim friend think of all the RADICAL Muslims that give his peaceful religion such a bad name? Does he denounce those that call for the death of ALL Americans/Christians? Does he denounce their terroristic activities? Does he denounce their brutal killings of journalists and civilian contractors?

Please let me know, because I am indeed curious what your friend thinks and feels about all of this.

olevetonahill
4/24/2007, 12:29 AM
Let me clarify myself... According to RADICAL Muslims there cannot be a world in which different religions live side by side peacefully.

Although I seriously doubt that my clarification will provide any satisfaction for you whatsoever.

And out of curiousity... what does your Muslim friend think of all the RADICAL Muslims that give his peaceful religion such a bad name? Does he denounce those that call for the death of ALL Americans/Christians? Does he denounce their terroristic activities? Does he denounce their brutal killings of journalists and civilian contractors?

Please let me know, because I am indeed curious what your friend thinks and feels about all of this.
Iffin I was younger , :D
I think thats I was tryin to ask him a few yrs ago . where In hell Is the Muslim condemnation of all this crap ?
hell the Pope says give peace a chance , But Ive never herd shat from them or him .
Oh wait I did hear today that Iran is arrestin womens for NOT dressin accordin to , all you see what Im talkin about .

SoonerGirl06
4/24/2007, 12:38 AM
Iffin I was younger , :D
I think thats I was tryin to ask him a few yrs ago . where In hell Is the Muslim condemnation of all this crap ?
hell the Pope says give peace a chance , But Ive never herd shat from them or him .
Oh wait I did hear today that Iran is arrestin womens for NOT dressin accordin to , all you see what Im talkin about .

I seriously doubt soonerscuba will have anything substantial to add, but it will be interesting to see.

Sam Spade
4/24/2007, 03:10 AM
Nope. I'm a Libertarian. I disagree with him on a TON of things.

I DO find it funny how big of a man-crush you have on him, however.

:pop:

usmc-sooner
4/24/2007, 06:32 AM
wasn't that long ago you denied even knowing him.

I find it hilarious that you're on here, pretending to not be you but it's killing you to hold back so you make up stories about how you work with you.

oh well I guess I'll just learn to live with it.

Widescreen
4/24/2007, 08:04 AM
Your roommate sounds like quite the Muslim. :rolleyes:

jk the sooner fan
4/24/2007, 08:05 AM
i was stationed at fort knox a couple years after the first gulf war - the saudi's sent a bunch of their young armor officers there for school

let me just say that when they leave the land of the mecca - they forget all about those muslim rules.....

OklahomaTuba
4/24/2007, 08:32 AM
Most of Yall are way to young to remember the Nam . Yall say welcome Home heros to the troops . While you cut thier throats as they are trying to do the Job .:mad:

I think that explains the left rather well.

FaninAma
4/24/2007, 09:09 AM

Weak.

My wife's family was 2nd generation German during World War II but that doesn't mean I would advocate that the United States should have persecuted the war with any less fervor ar aggressiveness. The fact that your roomate is a decent guy has no bearing on this conversation...what-so-ever.

I am curious as to his position on the Iraq situation and his view of the way he views the fact that a large percentage of radical muslims have subverted his religion to justify brutally killing non-muslims.

sitzpinkler
4/24/2007, 10:33 AM
Weak.
The fact that your roomate is a decent guy has no bearing on this conversation...what-so-ever.

scuba was pointing out that muslim is not the same as radical muslim, I would say that has quite a bit of bearing on this conversation

C&CDean
4/24/2007, 11:05 AM
scuba was pointing out that muslim is not the same as radical muslim, I would say that has quite a bit of bearing on this conversation

Yeah? Really? There's a muslim dude who is sitting less than 10 feet from me right now. Good guy. There's also a muslim lady who sits about 50 feet down the hall. Good lady. However, when the **** hits the fan, who's side are they really on? He's Iranian, she's an ex-Baptist who married a Pakistani POS (he really is a POS).

That's where my hang up is. If their mullah or ayatollah or whatever the hell they call their preacher man up at the mosque tells them to kill infidels will they do it? Are they capable/willing to go against the teachings/orders of their religious muckity mucks? I'm guessing not.

Another thing that bugs me is that they used to be all "muslim this, ramadan this, etc." and now they're very low key with it all. Especially when people are talking about your "radical muslims." They never denounce them, never even talk about them. If they were like "those dudes are camel-**** crazy and I abhor everything about them" I'd feel a lot better.

And Harry Reid is a jackwad who will someday get what's coming to him.

85Sooner
4/24/2007, 11:13 AM
Yeah? Really? There's a muslim dude who is sitting less than 10 feet from me right now. Good guy. There's also a muslim lady who sits about 50 feet down the hall. Good lady. However, when the **** hits the fan, who's side are they really on? He's Iranian, she's an ex-Baptist who married a Pakistani POS (he really is a POS).

That's where my hang up is. If their mullah or ayatollah or whatever the hell they call their preacher man up at the mosque tells them to kill infidels will they do it? Are they capable/willing to go against the teachings/orders of their religious muckity mucks? I'm guessing not.

Another thing that bugs me is that they used to be all "muslim this, ramadan this, etc." and now they're very low key with it all. Especially when people are talking about your "radical muslims." They never denounce them, never even talk about them. If they were like "those dudes are camel-**** crazy and I abhor everything about them" I'd feel a lot better.

I think that is precisley why alot of Americans don't drink the Muslim is a peaceful religion coolaide and why I still say that if one more major attack happens here, I wouldn't give you a plug nickle for any muslim near a mosque.

Americans can get pretty violent when the (*&^ hits the fan.

soonerscuba
4/24/2007, 11:14 AM
I am curious as to his position on the Iraq situation and his view of the way he views the fact that a large percentage of radical muslims have subverted his religion to justify brutally killing non-muslims.

As for my previous post, I just don't like it when people interchange Muslim and terrorist.

He doesn't like the war in Iraq (but all creeds and colors and be put into that pool), and doesn't think all that much of Islam. He was raised in a moderate home, so he hates the radical faction of the religion more than we do, as he has to deal with the airports, etc. That said, he doesn't complain about it, loves America, and just wants to go to school and get a job like everybody else. I think that is the main reason it gets under my skin, is that he is just a normal guy, and doesn't speak on the behalf of a bilion people.

85Sooner
4/24/2007, 11:19 AM
As for my previous post, I just don't like it when people interchange Muslim and terrorist.

He doesn't like the war in Iraq (but all creeds and colors and be put into that pool), and doesn't think all that much of Islam. He was raised in a moderate home, so he hates the radical faction of the religion more than we do, as he has to deal with the airports, etc. That said, he doesn't complain about it, loves America, and just wants to go to school and get a job like everybody else. I think that is the main reason it gets under my skin, is that he is just a normal guy, and doesn't speak on the behalf of a bilion people.

I wonder what he would do given CC situation. If his mullah called for violence against non muslims would he take that as a call to action or tell the mullah to take a hike?

85Sooner
4/24/2007, 11:21 AM

From your mouth to gods ears

yermom
4/24/2007, 12:06 PM

would you expect Christians to bring up someone like Fred Phelps all the time?

would you really want to flaunt that you were Muslim all the time in today's climate?

heck, after 9/11 we had an Indian kid (dot, not feather) get beat up walking from work because someone thought he was Arab

what would happen if some Christian preacher called out for violence on Muslims? how many people would just say they their preacher was bat**** crazy? i don't really see any difference...

jk the sooner fan
4/24/2007, 12:14 PM
the day the squirrel went beserk.......in the first self-rigtheous church......

OklahomaTuba
4/24/2007, 12:22 PM
Thought this was interesting...

PBS just aired a “documentary” intended to chronicle “the diversity of Muslim life in America.” So why does it give so much face time to anti-American Islamists?

Secular Muslims who want to reform Islam are nowhere to be found in producer Robert MacNeil’s film, “The Muslim Americans,” part of a PBS series called “America at a Crossroads.” Instead, extremists masquerading as moderates are lionized.

Take Sheik Hamza Yusuf, who has a starring role. According to MacNeil, the California imam preaches “tolerance” and “peace,” and even hiply incorporates the “Super Bowl” into his sermons. This, we are told, is the progressive face of Islam in America.

To prove Yusuf’s bona fides as a moderate and a patriot, MacNeil notes that he was one of the Muslim clerics invited to the White House after 9/11. But he leaves out the fact that just two days before the attacks, the same imam suggested in a speech to Muslims that America deserved severe punishment.

“This country is facing a terrible fate,” Yusuf said in California on Sept. 9, 2001. “The reason for that is that this country stands condemned like Europe stood condemned because of what it did. And lest people forget that Europe suffered two world wars after conquering the Muslim lands, Europe’s countries were devastated, they were completely destroyed. Their young people killed.”http://www.investors.com/editorial/editorialcontent.asp?secid=1501&status=article&id=262221280683346

OklahomaTuba
4/24/2007, 12:26 PM
what would happen if some Muslim Imam called out for violence on Jews & Christians? how many Muslims would just say they their Imam was bat**** crazy?

I keep waiting to hear from a Muslim that their Imam's are bat**** crazy, yet it just doesn't happen.

85Sooner
4/24/2007, 12:29 PM

would you really want to flaunt that you were Muslim all the time in today's climate?

heck, after 9/11 we had an Indian kid (dot, not feather) get beat up walking from work because someone thought he was Arab

what would happen if some Christian preacher called out for violence on Muslims? how many people would just say they their preacher was bat**** crazy? i don't really see any difference...

Don't see a difference??????????????????? I have not heard of the Christian leaders call for the heads of anyone. I have not seen christians go to war and want to murder anyone who was not a christian. atleast not in the past century. Matter of fact I hear Christians denounce violence all the time , even justified violence by other christians. The muslim mullahs are quite a bit different based on the evidence huh?

OklahomaTuba
4/24/2007, 12:32 PM
Don't see a difference??????????????????? I have not heard of the Christian leaders call for the heads of anyone. I have not seen christians go to war and want to murder anyone who was not a christian. atleast not in the past century. Matter of fact I hear Christians denounce violence all the time , even justified violence by other christians. The muslim mullahs are quite a bit different based on the evidence huh?

Oh come on 85, you know there just isn't one bit of difference between Christians and Muslims. I mean, just look at all those Lutheran suicide bombers out there terrorizing the world.

soonerscuba
4/24/2007, 12:33 PM
I wonder what he would do given CC situation. If his mullah called for violence against non muslims would he take that as a call to action or tell the mullah to take a hike?

No idea, never seen him go to masque but 2 or 3 times. Like I said, most college students that label themselves Christians don't go to church very often, so I really don't hold him to a standard that most don't fit into anyway. But to the root of your question, I would have to think that he wouldn't commit violence because somebody told him that it was the way to do things.

OklahomaTuba
4/24/2007, 12:35 PM
Scary stuff. This coming from the palestinians, who we rain money on for reasons that make no sense to me.

http://littlegreenfootballs.com/weblog/video/MEMRI-1426wmv.jpg

Ahmad Bahr: “You will be victorious” on the face of this planet. You are the masters of the world on the face of this planet. Yes, [the Koran says that] “you will be victorious,” but only “if you are believers.” Allah willing, “you will be victorious,” while America and Israel will be annihilated, Allah willing. I guarantee you that the power of belief and faith is greater than the power of America and Israel. They are cowards, as is said in the Book of Allah: “You shall find them the people most eager to protect their lives.” They are cowards, who are eager for life, while we are eager for death for the sake of Allah. That is why America’s nose was rubbed in the mud in Iraq, in Afghanistan, in Somalia, and everywhere. [...]

America will be annihilated, while Islam will remain. The Muslims “will be victorious, if you are believers.” Oh Muslims, I guarantee you that the power of Allah is greater than America, by whom many are blinded today. Some people are blinded by the power of America. We say to them that with the might of Allah, with the might of His Messenger, and with the power of Allah, we are stronger than America and Israel. [...]

I tell you that we will protect the enterprise of the resistance, because the Zionist enemy understands only the language of force. It does not recognize peace or the agreements. It does not recognize anything, and it understands only the language of force. Our Jihad-fighting Palestinian people salutes its brother, Sudan. [...]

The Palestinian woman bids her son farewell, and says to him: “Son, go and don’t be a coward. Go, and fight the Jews.” He bids her farewell and carries out a martyrdom operation. What did this Palestinian woman say when she was asked for her opinion, after the martyrdom of her son? She said: “My son is my own flesh and blood. I love my son, but my love for Allah and His Messenger is greater than my love for my son.” Yes, this is the message of the Palestinian woman, who was over seventy years old – Fatima Al-Najjar. She was over seventy years old, but she blew herself up for the sake of Allah, bringing down many criminal Zionists. [...]

Oh Allah, vanquish the Jews and their supporters. Oh Allah, vanquish the Americans and their supporters. Oh Allah, count their numbers, and kill them all, down to the very last one. Oh Allah, show them a day of darkness. Oh Allah, who sent down His Book, the mover of the clouds, who defeated the enemies of the Prophet – defeat the Jews and the Americans, and bring us victory over them.

http://littlegreenfootballs.com/weblog/?entry=25191_Palestinian_Sheikh_Calls_on_Allah_to_ Kill_Every_Single_Israeli_and_American&only

sitzpinkler
4/24/2007, 12:47 PM

so all muslims are potential terrorists in your eyes?

sorry, I'm not that paranoid

85Sooner
4/24/2007, 12:59 PM
Scary stuff. This coming from the palestinians, who we rain money on for reasons that make no sense to me.

http://littlegreenfootballs.com/weblog/video/MEMRI-1426wmv.jpg

http://littlegreenfootballs.com/weblog/?entry=25191_Palestinian_Sheikh_Calls_on_Allah_to_ Kill_Every_Single_Israeli_and_American&only

I take this guy at his word. Atom bombs for everyone to help them go to allah

85Sooner
4/24/2007, 01:00 PM

I understand your post but what was asked is a very valid question and so far I don't see any answers other than mullahs calling for death to america and isreal. WHEN ARE PEOPLE GONNA WAKE UP THAT THESE ARE NOT comedians, news reporters or movie makers. This is NOT hollywood. It is real, It is very dangerous and those who stick their head in the sand need to be identified and shoved out of the way and lets take care of business.

C&CDean
4/24/2007, 01:42 PM

Oh c'mon now. There's only 1 Fred Phelps. There's brazillions of muslims wanting you and me dead.

Flaunting their muslimicity? Everybody knows they're muslim. They've worked here over 20 years.

A push start got beat up after 9/11? So there's a few ignorant red necks out there without a clue.

If a christian preacher called out for violence on muslims 10 years ago I'd say he needs to be neutered and put in a cage. Today? He'd be well within the boundaries of normalcy. At what point do non-muslims say "aight guys, enoughs enough - hack off one more innocent head and we're gonna pound sand up your stinkin' ***."

LOTS of muslim leaders from LOTS of countries are calling for death to America. Fred Phelps is a lone looney tune with a couple of scrawny followers who couldn't fight their way out of a Doleo headlock. If you can't see the difference then you're blind.

C&CDean
4/24/2007, 01:44 PM

Yeah, they are.

sorry, I'm not as stupid as you

BlondeSoonerGirl
4/24/2007, 01:45 PM
...we're gonna pound sand up your stinkin' ***."

Heh. My Dad says 'poke salt in your ***'...

Sorry. That just reminded me of that. Carry on...

jk the sooner fan
4/24/2007, 01:48 PM
The day the squirrel went berserk
In the First Self-Righteous Church
In the sleepy little town of Pascagoula
It was a fight for survival that broke out in revival
They were jumpin' pews and shoutin' Hallelujah!

yermom
4/24/2007, 02:12 PM

it was a hypothetical question... sure there are less BSC Christians, but what keeps a reasonable person from blindly following like sheep?

and Tuba, what does your religion teach about the end of the world and who will be spared?

Sam Spade
4/24/2007, 02:41 PM
wasn't that long ago you denied even knowing him.

I find it hilarious that you're on here, pretending to not be you but it's killing you to hold back so you make up stories about how you work with you.

oh well I guess I'll just learn to live with it.
Man...you have a hard time with the English language.

usmc-sooner
4/24/2007, 02:43 PM
at least I'm not under my fifth or sixth troll name.

Sam Spade
4/24/2007, 02:44 PM
From your mouth to gods ears
Oh my LORD. :rolleyes:

at least I'm not under my fifth or sixth troll name.
Neither am I.

BlondeSoonerGirl
4/24/2007, 02:51 PM
:dean:

Veritas
4/24/2007, 03:00 PM
You done gone and woke me up, "Sam Spade." Quit hitting the goddamn post report button. If you don't like personal attacks then quit antagonizing people until they attack you. You already got permabaned once for that ****.

C&CDean
4/24/2007, 03:27 PM
A veritable Veritas sighting. WTF?

Oh yeah, what he said.