PDA

View Full Version : John McCain: "Water is wet"

JohnnyMack
4/23/2007, 02:14 PM
http://www.abcnews.go.com/Politics/wireStory?id=3068187

"Al-Qaida must revel in the irony that America is effectively helping to fund both sides of the war they caused. As we sacrifice blood and treasure, some of our gas dollars flow to the fanatics who build the bombs, hatch the plots and carry out attacks on our soldiers and citizens," he said. "The transfer of American wealth to the Middle East helps sustain the conditions on which terrorists prey."

Wait, you mean being in bed with these people for the last 30 years HASN'T been helping???

:rolleyes:

crawfish
4/23/2007, 02:39 PM
Do you think they savor the irony that it is THEIR oil & gas that's powering the weapons that level their countries?

Tear Down This Wall
4/24/2007, 11:25 AM
He can't win the nomination anyway. He spent six years nitpicking at W., whom the true conservative base still love - especially after seeing the fruits of his appointments of Roberts and Alito to the Supreme Court.

The problem with the McCains and Hagels of the world is that they get so caught up in the D.C. newsfluff circuit that they abandon their home constituencies. Then, when they realize their support among the hometown folk has turned, they start talking conservative again.

Screw 'em. If D.C. changes who they are, we don't need them as GOP nominees. Get a backbone.

picasso
4/24/2007, 11:30 AM
He can't win the nomination anyway. He spent six years nitpicking at W., whom the true conservative base still love - especially after seeing the fruits of his appointments of Roberts and Alito to the Supreme Court.

The problem with the McCains and Hagels of the world is that they get so caught up in the D.C. newsfluff circuit that they abandon their home constituencies. Then, when they realize their support among the hometown folk has turned, they start talking conservative again.

Screw 'em. If D.C. changes who they are, we don't need them as GOP nominees. Get a backbone.
the true conservative base does not love George W. Bush. he has more or less crippled the Republican party.

people rag McCain due to his wish washiness but that's a practice used by all politicians is it not? and, I still think McCain could clean some clocks in a live debate.

Widescreen
4/24/2007, 11:33 AM
He spent six years nitpicking at W., whom the true conservative base still love - especially after seeing the fruits of his appointments of Roberts and Alito to the Supreme Court.
I think you're over-estimating the enthusiasm of conservatives. He made some good SCOTUS appointments. Awesome. Otherwise, his record has been pretty crappy from a conservative perspective. If I'd wanted a Republican president who was going to spend like crazy and do everything he could to make illegals comfortable, I could've voted for a Democrat.

picasso
4/24/2007, 11:43 AM
the free spending Repubs who were ousted from Congress are to blame for their own fortunes but Bush is in charge and he's done a poor job of leading.

and, this white house is terrible in the PR department. even in getting out the good things they've done.

Tear Down This Wall
4/25/2007, 11:57 AM
I guess I'm not overestimating it, since I'm it and I'm loving the partial birth abortion ruling.

And, further, one of the things I love about W is that he doesn't blow with every D.C. press wind.

Finally, the whole illegal thing is laughable. Because the Republicans won't go door-to-door and kick them out or build the Great Wall of American between us and Mexico, voting Democrat in is the answer? Spare me.

If anyone in the current National Republican Party leadership had brain one in their head, they'd be doing all they could to get the new Mexican immigrant vote:

(1) They are entreprenuerial
(2) They oppose abortion
(3) They oppose gay marriage

But, instead, the national GOP sends out nutjobs like Tom Tancredo to be the voice of the party on immigration. And, in doing so, they push what will be the largest voting block of the next era squarely into the Democrats' camp.

Estupido, amigos.

Viva, Bush!

mdklatt
4/25/2007, 12:08 PM
I'm loving the partial birth abortion ruling.

What's the big deal about this? The alternative method (killing the fetus inutero) is still legal, so the number number of abortions won't change.

GrapevineSooner
4/25/2007, 12:16 PM
What's the big deal about this? The alternative method (killing the fetus inutero) is still legal, so the number number of abortions won't change.

Then why have a partial birth abortion procedure in the first place?

Petro-Sooner
4/25/2007, 12:16 PM

Who else do we have Guliani?? :rolleyes: Is that the best the GOP can come up with?

GrapevineSooner
4/25/2007, 12:20 PM
If anyone in the current National Republican Party leadership had brain one in their head, they'd be doing all they could to get the new Mexican immigrant vote:

(2) They oppose abortion

But, instead, the national GOP sends out nutjobs like Tom Tancredo to be the voice of the party on immigration. And, in doing so, they push what will be the largest voting block of the next era squarely into the Democrats' camp.

Estupido, amigos.

Viva, Bush!

I'm all for legal immigration.

I just tend to think that when you turn a blind eye to illegal immigration, the incentive to immigrate here legally goes down.

And it doesn't matter if it's Mexicans, Italians, English, Germans, Africans, etc. immigrating here.

Widescreen
4/25/2007, 12:23 PM
I guess I'm not overestimating it, since I'm it and I'm loving the partial birth abortion ruling.
I'm it too and so far I've been generally underwhelmed by his performance.

And, further, one of the things I love about W is that he doesn't blow with every D.C. press wind.
How would we know? He rarely rises above "stay the course" or "doing X will let the terrorists win."

Finally, the whole illegal thing is laughable. Because the Republicans won't go door-to-door and kick them out or build the Great Wall of American between us and Mexico, voting Democrat in is the answer? Spare me.
Never recommended voting Democrat. I just made the comment that many of his actions are right in line with what the democrats want.

If anyone in the current National Republican Party leadership had brain one in their head, they'd be doing all they could to get the new Mexican illegal-immigrant vote:

(2) They oppose abortion
(4) They are here illegally and should not be rewarded for breaking our laws.

Estupido, amigos.

Viva, Bush!
Fixed. And I seriously doubt the national GOP is in any way supporting what Tancredo says or does. I think they're terrified of him.

Tear Down This Wall
4/25/2007, 12:25 PM
To mdklatt - D&X is murder. As described in Wikipedia:
An incision is made at the base of the skull and a suction catheter is inserted into the cut. The brain is suctioned out, which causes the skull to collapse and allows the fetus to pass more easily through the birth canal. The placenta is removed and the uterine wall is vacuum aspirated using a suction curette.[15]

Following is a non-technical description from a nurse who witnessed this method performed on a 26½-week fetus:

Dr. Haskell went in with forceps and grabbed the baby’s legs and pulled them down into the birth canal. Then he delivered the baby’s body and the arms, everything but the head. The doctor kept the head right inside the uterus....The baby’s little fingers were clasping and unclasping, and his little feet were kicking. Then the doctor stuck the scissors in the back of his head, and the baby’s arms jerked out, like a startle reaction, like a flinch, like a baby does when he thinks he is going to fall. The doctor opened up the scissors, stuck a high-powered suction tube into the opening, and sucked the baby’s brains out. Now the baby went completely limp....[16]

Any doctor who would perform this type of "procedure" and call it "abortion" should have his license revoked and be prosecuted for murder.

To Grapevine - Exactly.

To Petro-Sooner - Fred Thompson, if he'll ever jump in. If not...well, it'll be the first presidential election in my life that I sit out.

Widescreen
4/25/2007, 12:32 PM
Fred Thompson, if he'll ever jump in. If not...well, it'll be the first presidential election in my life that I sit out.
There's something I agree with.

mdklatt
4/25/2007, 12:34 PM
Then why have a partial birth abortion procedure in the first place?

If you're anti-choice (or even pro-choice), what's the effective difference between the two procedures? How does banning one of them make a difference when the other one is still legal?

It's like saying it's ok to shoot somebody with a rifle, but not with a shotgun.

mdklatt
4/25/2007, 12:36 PM
Any doctor who would perform this type of "procedure" and call it "abortion" should have his license revoked and be prosecuted for murder.

Is killing the fetus, dismembering it, and then removing it really any better? That's the alternative, right?

Tear Down This Wall
4/25/2007, 12:39 PM
Because in one, a fully developed baby is hanging out of the womb except for his or her little head, and a "doctor" is shoving scissors into his or her brain, then sucking it out with a vaccuum.

And, we called Nazis sick and inhumane.

God bless the GOP-controlled Congress in 2003 for passing this law. And, God bless W for giving us an edge onthe Supreme Court to uphold it. If W does nothing else until he leaves, this was enough for me.

Thank you, W!

Tear Down This Wall
4/25/2007, 12:44 PM
Is killing the fetus, dismembering it, and then removing it really any better? That's the alternative, right?

No, none of it is good. None of it.

However, for years, pro-abortion folk have said, "well early on its just a 'tissue mass' anyway."

Well, with vitually a whole baby delivered, there is no more - "it's just a tissue mass." It's a baby. It's a baby ready to live in the world with you and me. And, it's defenseless against some beast/"doctor" with a pair of scissors in his or her hands and a vaccuum standing by.

And, the thing that galls me, is that doctors somehow tried to justify this. My brother-in-law is an OB/GYN. He'll tell all day long there is no medical justification for the D&X method.

mdklatt
4/25/2007, 12:51 PM
Because in one, a fully developed baby is hanging out of the womb except for his or her little head, and a "doctor" is shoving scissors into his or her brain, then sucking it out with a vaccuum.

And, we called Nazis sick and inhumane.

It's all the same from the fetus's point of view.

JohnnyMack
4/25/2007, 01:00 PM
Hey, smacktards*. Quit hijacking my Middle East thread.

Thank you.

*TDTW

Tear Down This Wall
4/25/2007, 01:15 PM
:D

Look, we already commented on McCain. He's wasting alot of people's time and money. Everyone already knows the oil-money-going-back-to-support-the-terrorists set-up. McCain isn't making some startling revelation.

But, until we drill our own in every place we have proven reserves, people who whine about this and high gas prices can simply shut the hell up.

Either let us drill or pay the price for living in a world where we pretend we can't drill because of tourism, deer, manatees, and other such crap.

Word to ya mutha!

Petro-Sooner
4/25/2007, 01:17 PM
But, until we drill our own in every place we have proven reserves, people who whine about this and high gas prices can simply shut the hell up.

Either let us drill or pay the price for living in a world where we pretend we can't drill because of tourism, deer, manatees, and other such crap.

Word to ya mutha!

Preach it brutha!

Tear Down This Wall
4/25/2007, 01:29 PM
P.S. - My grandfather is a retired chemist for Exxon. I have an uncle who works for Sperry (part of Halliburton), an old college friend who works for Halliburton, and an old law school buddy who works for Baker-Hughes. And, my Oil and Gas Law, International Petroleum Transactions, and Land Use classes in law school were taught by a guy who made the oil and gas transaction on behalf of the United States in two different Democratic administrations. They all say the same thing...quit whining if you won't let the oil companies drill.

And such.