PDA

View Full Version : Iran and Al-Qaeda planning something big?

OklahomaTuba
4/23/2007, 11:38 AM
Perfect time to sound the retreat!

AL-QAEDA leaders in Iraq are planning the first “large-scale” terrorist attacks on Britain and other western targets with the help of supporters in Iran, according to a leaked intelligence report.

Spy chiefs warn that one operative had said he was planning an attack on “a par with Hiroshima and Nagasaki” in an attempt to “shake the Roman throne”, a reference to the West.

Another plot could be timed to coincide with Tony Blair stepping down as prime minister, an event described by Al-Qaeda planners as a “change in the head of the company”.

The report, produced earlier this month and seen by The Sunday Times, appears to provide evidence that Al-Qaeda is active in Iran and has ambitions far beyond the improvised attacks it has been waging against British and American soldiers in Iraq.

There is no evidence of a formal relationship between Al-Qaeda, a Sunni group, and the Shi’ite regime of President Mah-moud Ahmadinejad, but experts suggest that Iran’s leaders may be turning a blind eye to the terrorist organisation’s activities.
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/uk/article1687360.ece

Petro-Sooner
4/23/2007, 11:40 AM
But.....but....but the US has lost the war. We MUST retreat. :rolleyes:

OklahomaTuba
4/23/2007, 11:45 AM
Well, I am sure this is just another plot by the evil Bushilter and his neoKKKons to kill more innocent people for oil.

Better start keeping an eye on the (date)truth.com domains on godaddy.

tommie15
4/23/2007, 11:47 AM
but they're mothers and fathers, don't fear them

Vaevictis
4/23/2007, 11:59 AM
*yawn*

Tear Down This Wall
4/23/2007, 01:20 PM
Look, nothing is going to make this important enough to get on D.C.'s radar. It's far more important to grill the Attorney General for doing something he is legally able to do - fire attorneys. Haven't you figured out that even though he's done nothing wrong, D.C. won't pay attention to anything else unless the AG resigns?

And, really, when you search your deepest most inner feelings, don't you just feel bad about nine attorneys being out of a job? I mean, those poor, poor people. They'll probably have to cut back from seven steak dinners a months to six. What a horrible, horrible man Alberto Gonzalez is that he would, within the framework of the law, fire attorneys! *gasp*

How could national security possibly be more important than attorneys losing their jobs? I mean, Tuba, these are attorneys we're talking about! They've got to be treated with some sensitivity and respect when they're shown the door.

royalfan5
4/23/2007, 01:23 PM
I'm going to go ahead a say that both of those two entities are always planning some thing big. I bet our DOD has planned for their planning as well. It isn't they just sit around playing dominoes, and then decided to make a plan to blow something up. I'm betting they are alway planning to blow something up.

Vaevictis
4/23/2007, 01:28 PM
Hence the yawn. They've been planning "big things" since I was a little kid, hell, since before I was born. It's nothing new.

In other news, water is wet.

OklahomaTuba
4/23/2007, 01:29 PM
I'm going to go ahead a say that both of those two entities are always planning some thing big. I bet our DOD has planned for their planning as well. It isn't they just sit around playing dominoes, and then decided to make a plan to blow something up. I'm betting they are alway planning to blow something up.

Hopefully the DOD has planned for something when the dims start cutting their funds in the middle of a war.

Petro-Sooner
4/23/2007, 01:29 PM
It isn't they just sit around playing dominoes, and

I dont know man, dominoes can be pretty fun.

OklahomaTuba
4/23/2007, 01:30 PM
Look, nothing is going to make this important enough to get on D.C.'s radar. It's far more important to grill the Attorney General for doing something he is legally able to do - fire attorneys. Haven't you figured out that even though he's done nothing wrong, D.C. won't pay attention to anything else unless the AG resigns?

And, really, when you search your deepest most inner feelings, don't you just feel bad about nine attorneys being out of a job? I mean, those poor, poor people. They'll probably have to cut back from seven steak dinners a months to six. What a horrible, horrible man Alberto Gonzalez is that he would, within the framework of the law, fire attorneys! *gasp*

How could national security possibly be more important than attorneys losing their jobs? I mean, Tuba, these are attorneys we're talking about! They've got to be treated with some sensitivity and respect when they're shown the door.

Seven steak dinners a month? That's it?

Glad I didn't go to law school then.

royalfan5
4/23/2007, 01:31 PM
Hopefully the DOD has planned for something when the dims start cutting their funds in the middle of a war.
I'm sure they do. I would be very disappointed in them if they didn't plan for every possible contingency.

Frozen Sooner
4/23/2007, 02:01 PM
There is no evidence of a formal relationship between Al-Qaeda, a Sunni group, and the Shi’ite regime of President Mah-moud Ahmadinejad, but experts suggest that Iran’s leaders may be turning a blind eye to the terrorist organisation’s activities.

That's a little different from "Iran and Al-Qaeda planning something big."

85Sooner
4/23/2007, 02:43 PM
Actually, there is a report stratfor.com (a major intellegence gathering institution) Supposedly, They are having problems in Britain being able to disrupt sleeper cell activities because of the number of muslims in the population. There is a large contingency of Pakistanis there as well that has made investigations very difficult.

When asked why we are not seeing that here, he reported that the FBI has gone from the prosecuting mode into the prevention mode and thier tactics are more in line with disrupting cell activity rather than preventing attacks. The disruption comes in the manner of investigating visas and aggressively going after visa violators from the middle eastern countries. Apparently this has been much more effective than the general population knows but they can't pop up and tell us everytime something happens for obvious reasons.

Apparently, The largest contingency of jihadists in this country are located in and around Dearborn Michigan, then behind that New York and surprisingly after that Houston. These three areas are of the main concern at this point because the FBI finds it so hard to follow the trails in these areas.

FWIW

OklahomaTuba
4/23/2007, 04:09 PM
That's a little different from "Iran and Al-Qaeda planning something big."

According to the JTAC document, Hadi “stressed the need to take care to ensure that the attack was successful and on a large scale”. The plan was to be relayed to an Iran-based Al-Qaeda facilitator.

Yes, I am sure they have no contact with each other, Iran just lets a terrorist group operate freely in it's territory to carry out the goals of the other terrorists groups Iran supports.

Scott D
4/23/2007, 06:21 PM
Oh settle down Tuba, they're planning a dinner cruise class reunion.

JohnnyMack
4/23/2007, 10:19 PM
An American Idol watch party?