PDA

View Full Version : Whack job fans accuse OU of spying...

Tear Down This Wall
4/23/2007, 09:40 AM
...on the North Texas spring game. I'm telling you all, these people have become insane. They think their new high school coach has an offense no one has ever seen before. The FW Star Telegram calls it the "spread" offense. Gee, someone warn Stoops & Co. about this new "spread" offense, please. :D

http://www.gomeangreen.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=33845&st=15 :

QUOTE(DeepGreen @ Apr 22 2007, 06:40 PM)
Coach Dodge has not implemented his whole offensive playbook, probably due to the introduction of his system in only 15 days, and no doubt because of OU spys in attendance,

Oh, I saw several... one of them wearing an 'OU Broadcasting' shirt.

Pathetic. Just, really...sad.

sooner518
4/23/2007, 09:53 AM
we've been figured out!

sanantoniosooner
4/23/2007, 10:01 AM
I've been spying here at UTSA for a few years now.

They plan on having a team soon and we'll have the jump on them.

Big Red Ron
4/23/2007, 10:05 AM
Why would a spy wear clothes that identify themselves? Was the guy in the "Sooner Broadcasting shirt" Chevy Chase or Dan Aykroyd?

MamaMia
4/23/2007, 10:08 AM
I was VERY impressed with the crowd. I kept saying that the parking lot had more cars in it than the last home game. Great tailgate atmosphere!
At the start of the game, I thought the crowd didn't know what they were supposed to be doing. Very little cheering going on for offense or defense. I think in future games they should get the Cheerleaders and Band there to work on getting the crowd used to doing certain chants and getting more "into" the game.

N-O-R-T-H TEX-AS! is a 7 sylable cheer we might try sometime.
I think its cute they have a special parking lot that everyone can share. :)

BOOMERBRADLEY
4/23/2007, 10:12 AM
I have actually watched one of their games in Denton. I think it was against South or Central Florida several years ago.

The atmosphere was about like going to a high school game in Oklahoma or Texas...Not impressive to say the least. Oh, but now they have DODGEBALL LOL

Big Red Ron
4/23/2007, 10:13 AM
http://members.fortunecity.com/delanay/spies1.jpg

OKLA21FAN
4/23/2007, 10:14 AM
wish I had one of those 'I am an OU spy' T-shirts from the 70s.

good times

Tear Down This Wall
4/23/2007, 10:23 AM
At the start of the game, I thought the crowd didn't know what they were supposed to be doing. Very little cheering going on for offense or defense. I think in future games they should get the Cheerleaders and Band there to work on getting the crowd used to doing certain chants and getting more "into" the game.

Baby steps...er...fetus steps? Do fetus' (fetusi?) step?

StuIsTheMan
4/23/2007, 11:19 AM
did he look like this?

http://img67.imageshack.us/img67/1811/spyhp5.gif (http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/)

Common sense ref
4/23/2007, 12:32 PM
I have actually watched one of their games in Denton. I think it was against South or Central Florida several years ago.

The atmosphere was about like going to a high school game in Oklahoma or Texas...Not impressive to say the least. Oh, but now they have DODGEBALL LOL

When I am not at OU I work the chains at UNT. I am excited a little to see what they can do under Todd. I realize they are not as talented as us but they will be better in the sunbelt. I think it's exciting for Denton and the school. Let's give them there due and let them show there support. :P It's they got!!!

Tear Down This Wall
4/23/2007, 12:41 PM
did he look like this?

http://img67.imageshack.us/img67/1811/spyhp5.gif (http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/)

Dude, if you all can string that together on a t-shirt, I'll send crack-ho type bucks your way for one! :D

Spy vs. Spy shtick will never grow old.

Tear Down This Wall
4/23/2007, 12:46 PM
When I am not at OU I work the chains at UNT. I am excited a little to see what they can do under Todd. I realize they are not as talented as us but they will be better in the sunbelt. I think it's exciting for Denton and the school. Let's give them there due and let them show there support. :P It's they got!!!

Son of a gun...you've seen some bad football! Is there some sort of prize (Nobel, etc.) that you can be given?

I can't fathom working, say, OU-Kansas State one weekend, then UNT-Louisiana-Monroe the next. You're a brave, brave soul...unable to be put to sleep by even the most inane attempts at football.

Also, you've got to - without naming names or schools - tell us some of the crazy things you've heard and seen on the sidelines.

MichiganSooner
4/23/2007, 01:16 PM
I went to the Tulsa spring game on Saturday. Wore my OU shirt. Some guys kept looking at me. Bet they think I must have been a spy.

Seamus
4/23/2007, 01:25 PM
Agree, Rush, on the Spy vs. Spy. Long live Antonio Prohias.

Tear Down This Wall
4/23/2007, 01:27 PM
Excellent work, Michigan! Now that we've got UNT and Tulsa in the bag, did anyone make Utah State's spring game?

sooneron
4/23/2007, 01:31 PM
If we clear that big hurdle that is UNT, the sky could be the limit next season!

Tear Down This Wall
4/23/2007, 01:53 PM
Slow down there, ron. UNT may be slower and smaller than us on paper and on the field. But, they've got a high school coach who runs a "spread" offense. And, he brought along the offensive and defensive coordinators from said high school job to UNT. Really.

Don't count your chickens before they hatch now.

Flagstaffsooner
4/23/2007, 02:19 PM
Excellent work, Michigan! Now that we've got UNT and Tulsa in the bag, did anyone make Utah State's spring game?Yup, I did. My report: They got Mormons.

GrapevineSooner
4/23/2007, 02:44 PM
Prolly Colley's Alter Ego.

How's that for aliteration?

FlatheadSooner
4/23/2007, 02:48 PM
Very little cheering going on for offense or defense. I think in future games they should get the Cheerleaders and Band there to work on getting the crowd used to doing certain chants and getting more "into" the game.

I think this feller is on to something big! :P

boomersooner82
4/23/2007, 03:03 PM
I don't think that's considered alliteration... that's more rhyming or maybe some other mnemonic dvice. It was a nice attempt though.

But really, we can't make too much fun of UNT football "fans"... they just found out they had a program five months ago. We should probably cut them some slack.

sooner518
4/23/2007, 03:16 PM
Slow down there, ron. UNT may be slower and smaller than us on paper and on the field. But, they've got a high school coach who runs a "spread" offense. And, he brought along the offensive and defensive coordinators from said high school job to UNT. Really.

Don't count your chickens before they hatch now.
i hear they took a page out of Hook 'em 's playbook and have started to lift weights now too!

sanantoniosooner
4/23/2007, 03:18 PM
i hear they took a page out of Hook 'em 's playbook and have started to lift weights now too!
where did you get this information?

Vee hav veys ov making you tok.......

humblesooner
4/23/2007, 04:24 PM

That dude in your avatar looks like he is in disguise.
Is he one of the spies?

Tear Down This Wall
4/23/2007, 04:31 PM
Yup, I did. My report: They got Mormons.

Are they black Mormons or white Mormons...or Samoan Mormons or Fijian Mormons...?

I mean, are these guys named Smith, Johnson, or...Muamuatongatui?

colleyvillesooner
4/23/2007, 04:40 PM

No habla ingles.

sooner518
4/23/2007, 04:45 PM
where did you get this information?

Vee hav veys ov making you tok.......
you didnt hear it from me, but these 2 guys have been spotted at Mean Green practices lately.....
http://i.a.cnn.net/si/2006/sioncampus/09/11/monday.awards/p1_McConaughey.jpg

85sooners
4/23/2007, 05:00 PM
http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b358/paul--moore/eye.gif

Seamus
4/23/2007, 06:28 PM
:O Sorry, TearDown. I referred to you as Rush, though he's a good guy too. Don't know what I was typing :O

Sabla
4/23/2007, 06:55 PM
It is fuuny to think that we are really spying on them. Good stuff.

Piware
4/23/2007, 07:44 PM

We stopped at an Oliver Garden in Lewisville to take a break from OU-Texass traffic. Our waitress was a student at North Texas and a member of their marching band (which is pretty darn good).

When my daughter commented about how nice their fans were when we play them in football, the waitress observed that OU plays football. They put on the unis, go to Norman and let us beat them up, then take the check and go home. Pretty smart little cookie and very good natured about it.

goingoneight
4/23/2007, 09:08 PM
If we clear that big hurdle that is UNT, the sky could be the limit next season!

Word has it, Oklahoma State is playing Florida Atlantic... DAMN... I mean, just DAMN! We're in trouble if they can hang with Schnellenboozer. :eek:

Texas Golfer
4/25/2007, 10:14 AM
NTSU calls it spying. Real football schools call it scouting. Talk about paranoia...

OU_Sooners75
4/25/2007, 05:09 PM
Why would OU need to send spies to a UNT Spring game?

Dont these fools know that a couple of things happen...

1. UNT will film a Fall Scrimmage and send a copy to OU.
2. OU will most likely get one or two copies of Dodgeball in motion.

sanantoniosooner
4/25/2007, 05:13 PM
You guys don't get that you spy for the sake of spying. Availability of information isn't a factor.

It's all about sneaky gadgets and shirts that blow your cover.

OUTromBoNado
4/26/2007, 12:15 AM
I surprised those UNT people noticed me. I didn't think I would stand out in that green crowd wearing a red shirt. Do you guys think I went too far sitting up by the press box with my camcorder and clipboard?

setem
4/26/2007, 12:36 AM
The QB they have was pretty salty in HS. He played for Fayettville HS in Arkansas and graduated the same year I did. My junior year I got him pretty good on a blind side sack! He signed to play at UofA but they were going to make him play WR so he pulled out and went juco. He was fast in HS and I am sure he is fast now but the OU D is faster! He is really really undersized for a D-1 QB!

goingoneight
4/26/2007, 01:45 AM
Why would OU need to send spies to a UNT Spring game?

Dont these fools know that a couple of things happen...

1. UNT will film a Fall Scrimmage and send a copy to OU.
2. OU will most likely get one or two copies of Dodgeball in motion.

DodgeBall... I love it! :D Does he use a lot of hair gel, too?

goingoneight
4/26/2007, 01:48 AM
We don't have time to spy on UNT... Darrell Royal says we have to spend all of OUr time, energy and resources to cheat and spy on Hook 'em.