PDA

View Full Version : Stores closing early on Sundays

Penguin
4/22/2007, 06:42 PM
Here I am. My earphones just crapped out and I want to go buy some more. Guess what? All the malls are closed. The Best Buy down the street is closed. And I ask why?

This is clearly an insult for all shift workers. Today's Sunday! So freaking what? To me, it's a Thursday. I want to buy some earphones and I have no options left for me. I guess Walgreens might sell some piece of crap earphones, but I want quality. And to top it all off, my cell phone just crapped out and I want to buy a new one! What should I do? Wait until it's more convenient for the rest of the world?

Don't even get me started on Chick-Fil-A being closed on Sundays. I know why. We all know why!!!! But, I can't believe that a normal human would want to completely destroy 1/7th of his potential sales because of some antiquated Puritan notion.

People! The world does not need to shut down on Sundays. Sunday mornings? Okay, I understand. But not for Sunday evenings.

I guess we shouldn't be shopping Sunday evenings. I guess we should all be home praying and meditating and preparing ourselves for the next work week. It's the freaking middle of my work week, but who cares about me and what I want.

End rant.

Okla-homey
4/22/2007, 06:45 PM
What's next? Going after the 40 hour workweek? How about those insane child labor laws?;)

royalfan5
4/22/2007, 06:47 PM
Here I am. My earphones just crapped out and I want to go buy some more. Guess what? All the malls are closed. The Best Buy down the street is closed. And I ask why?

This is clearly an insult for all shift workers. Today's Sunday! So freaking what? To me, it's a Thursday. I want to buy some earphones and I have no options left for me. I guess Walgreens might sell some piece of crap earphones, but I want quality. And to top it all off, my cell phone just crapped out and I want to buy a new one! What should I do? Wait until it's more convenient for the rest of the world?

Don't even get me started on Chick-Fil-A being closed on Sundays. I know why. We all know why!!!! But, I can't believe that a normal human would want to completely destroy 1/7th of his potential sales because of some antiquated Puritan notion.

People! The world does not need to shut down on Sundays. Sunday mornings? Okay, I understand. But not for Sunday evenings.

I guess we shouldn't be shopping Sunday evenings. I guess we should all be home praying and meditating and preparing ourselves for the next work week. It's the freaking middle of my work week, but who cares about me and what I want.

End rant.
The innerweb is always open. YWIA.

yermom
4/22/2007, 06:48 PM
i'm sure Wal-Mart and Target are open...

and shouldn't you be in church or something?

sanantoniosooner
4/22/2007, 06:58 PM
http://www.seafriends.org.nz/images/f212614t.jpg

LoyalFan
4/22/2007, 09:52 PM
http://www.seafriends.org.nz/images/f212614t.jpg

So, howdja cook it?

LF

LoyalFan
4/22/2007, 09:59 PM

End rant.

You think THAT'S bad? I was jonesin' for a tackle fix and BassProShops closes early on Sundays too. A bassfishing fanatic can easily rum amok when he can't spend money!
Did I NEED anything? No. My closets are abulge with stuff I'll never use up and my rod storage has been dubbed "The Graphite Forest". I own so many reels that I have more gears and ball bearings than NASCAR. Still, when one of our fraternity has a need to wander the aisles and fondle bassin' stuff and can't do so, he's a sad and dangerous man.
I share your pain and frustration, my brother.

LF

Frozen Sooner
4/22/2007, 10:53 PM
Don't look at me, man. I just got home from work myself.

BigRedJed
4/22/2007, 10:55 PM
Slacker. I'm still AT work, and it's a lot later here than it is there.

Frozen Sooner
4/22/2007, 10:56 PM
Well, yeah, but being an OKC cheerleader is a 24/7 kind of job.

Sooner24
4/22/2007, 10:57 PM

End rant.

Sounds like you bought crap to start with. :rolleyes:

BigRedJed
4/22/2007, 10:59 PM
Well, yeah, but being an OKC cheerleader is a 24/7 kind of job.You got that right.

Blue
4/22/2007, 11:00 PM
but who cares about me and what I want.

I completely agree. So sorry. :D

Hatfield
4/22/2007, 11:02 PM
What's next? Going after the 40 hour workweek? How about those insane child labor laws?;)

even insane children deserve jobs

Penguin
4/22/2007, 11:09 PM
Sounds like you bought crap to start with. :rolleyes:
Oh, I'm sorry. I didn't own the infinite gooder spectacular headphones like you obviously have. Maybe I should just pray for some new ones?

And my cell phone crapped out because I spilled my homemade rum & crystal meth drink on it. So, there.

Blue
4/22/2007, 11:10 PM
Maybe I should just pray for some new ones?

Maybe. ;)

sanantoniosooner
4/22/2007, 11:25 PM
Don't worry about it Penguin.

You can't take them to Hades anyway.

Sooner24
4/22/2007, 11:25 PM
Oh, I'm sorry. I didn't own the infinite gooder spectacular headphones like you obviously have. Maybe I should just pray for some new ones?

And my cell phone crapped out because I spilled my homemade rum & crystal meth drink on it. So, there.

Well it is still Sunday. :D

Penguin
4/23/2007, 05:05 AM
Whew. My cell phone is ok. Somehow I turned on the keypad lock and I had to search the innerweb to figure how to unlock it.

Still don't fix my headphones. But, I guess I can take care of that in about 4 hours.

Sooner24
4/23/2007, 06:29 AM
Whew. My cell phone is ok. Somehow I turned on the keypad lock and I had to search the innerweb to figure how to unlock it.

Still don't fix my headphones. But, I guess I can take care of that in about 4 hours.

At least your prays were answered about your phone. :D