MamaMia
4/22/2007, 09:18 AM
and he did this on purpose! He was gathering great pleasure from it. :eek:

TopDaugIn2000
4/22/2007, 09:22 AM
:confused:

MamaMia
4/22/2007, 09:40 AM
I had to chase him with the soapy face cloth. The former dweeb/now biker dude who lives behind me thinks its some kind of Shih Tzu mating ritual. :confused:

jk the sooner fan
4/22/2007, 09:48 AM
no matter how cute you think he is, he's still a dog!

ChickSoonerFan
4/22/2007, 11:05 AM
I had to chase him with the soapy face cloth. The former dweeb/now biker dude who lives behind me thinks its some kind of Shih Tzu mating ritual. :confused:

The worm or the face cloth?

sooner_born_1960
4/22/2007, 01:07 PM
Where exactly is the top of a worm?

Flagstaffsooner
4/22/2007, 01:14 PM
http://www.petplanet.co.uk/shop_dev/assets/new_product_images/pedigree/ped_care_wormer_dogs2.jpg

Tulsa_Fireman
4/22/2007, 09:28 PM
My ol' lady's yorkies do that kinda crap.

See a bug? They go and roll all over it.

See a turd? They go and roll all over it.

Stupid dogs.

Boomer.....
4/23/2007, 08:49 AM
I have a pom who does the same thing. When he is in the backyard, he will dig in the grass and find a worm, dead or alive, I don't know. Then he puts it down and rolls on top of it. When I see this, I chase after him. He picks up the worm, runs to the other side of the yard and does it again. I have no idea why they do it either.

SoonerJack
4/23/2007, 09:05 AM
Clearly this is an application of cover scent in anticipation of the hunt. Now I'm imagining a Shi-Tzu hunting party, gathering en masse to raid the camp of the mighty Pugs. They apply tribal paint, worm compound, and the piece de resistance....the pink bows in their ears!

sanantoniosooner
4/23/2007, 09:11 AM
My dad had an English Setter that would come back from excursions on the property all green and stinky. He'd sit there and just beg you to pet him.

No dice. He could find some sick stuff. Like Jack said, all about instinct to cover the scent.

MamaMia
4/23/2007, 09:17 AM
I ran into the veterinarian at the market last night and asked her why Watson did that. She said that its a gene thing. Dogs like to mask their own odor because they have predatory instincts. She said that some dogs, especially those who live in the country, will roll in all sorts of things, including dead birds, frogs or lizards. Ewwww! :eek:

I reminded her of the fact that Watson doesn't need to mask his doggy odor because he gets bathed a couple of times a week and smells like Organic Citrus Shampoo. She laughed and said "In his case then, hes probably rolling in the worms because hes totally embarrassed in front of all the other neighborhood dogs." :D

Petro-Sooner
4/23/2007, 09:18 AM
I reminded her

You mean a women can be a doctor?? :eek:

;)

TopDaugIn2000
4/23/2007, 09:20 AM
I reminded her of the fact that Watson doesn't need to mask his doggy odor because he gets bathed a couple of times a week and smells like Organic Citrus Shampoo.

there ya go. Watson thinks he stinks.

homerSimpsonsBrain
4/23/2007, 10:54 AM
Be glad you dont have a cow pasture or you'd really have a shi t zhu

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
4/23/2007, 11:36 AM
Clearly this is an application of cover scent in anticipation of the hunt. Now I'm imagining a Shi-Tzu hunting party, gathering en masse to raid the camp of the mighty Pugs. They apply tribal paint, worm compound, and the piece de resistance....the pink bows in their ears!This is prolly right. How did you know?

sanantoniosooner
4/23/2007, 12:48 PM
This is prolly right. How did you know?
because most animals behave by instinct.

4/23/2007, 01:07 PM
because most animals behave by instinct.Where are tribal paint and pink bows covered in the literature?

sanantoniosooner
4/23/2007, 01:08 PM
Where are tribal paint and pink bows covered in the literature?
If you can show me proof that the animal actually applied the paint and tied their own bows I'll explain the rest of the theory.

4/23/2007, 01:15 PM
If you can show me proof that the animal actually applied the paint and tied their own bows I'll explain the rest of the theory.It's a grey area about them tying the bows, but they definitely did the bow wow.