OUBabe
4/21/2007, 11:00 PM
http://www.soonersports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=300&ATCLID=801506

birddog
4/21/2007, 11:01 PM
uh oh, fark season is about to start.

goingoneight
4/22/2007, 02:33 AM
So, are you telling me to not do something in the past tense?

bringit
4/22/2007, 08:30 AM
The builder I work for did that for a family in Orlando last year. Good stuff.

http://www.mercedes-extreme.com/

oupride
4/22/2007, 09:33 AM
Thank you Babe for posting this link. I live out of state and this is another feature I can enjoy and show pride in Oklahoma!

85Sooner
4/22/2007, 05:21 PM
Your such a babe!!!!!!!1 thanks for the reminder

PLaw
4/22/2007, 07:39 PM
This episode hits a strong chord with me. My dad grew up dirt poor in Norman. My grandfather had been institutionalized at mental health hospital. My dad and his older brother loved sports and hung out around the athletics department at OU. The trainers and equipment managers kept my dad supplied with socks, sweats, and such all the way through Norman HS where he earned all-state honors at OT and DE.

Although I never attended OU, I will always be grateful and a huge supporter of OU.

BOOMER SOONER
PLaw

85Sooner
4/22/2007, 08:38 PM
Sad episode. I support why they helped thi family out but All I saw was an M for go blue Michigan. Not a word of the OU connection . I heard the there was some disgruntlment. Was it true?

On the side is anyone interested how they make a 10X12 room look like a 20x20 room. I love the designes of these houses. Whay are they not the floorplans I see everytime we are looking. I think they should provide floorplans and the actual costs incurd in the program.

Petro-Sooner
4/23/2007, 08:32 AM
I didnt realize there was an OU connection til just now reading the above link. I just figured he was originally from michigan cause that was a michigan jacket he had on. Now why would you wear a M jacket with such a love for OU? I dont get it.

meh.........

TheHumanAlphabet
4/23/2007, 09:27 AM
I knew that OU football and others were there, too bad they didn't get a mention on the show. Didn't Boren also give the kids a scholarship? I thought they got schollys to OU, but that could have been a suggestion by someone as well.

OSUAggie
4/23/2007, 09:30 AM
This was the story written a while back...

I didn't watch it last night, but apparently ABC decided not to show anything regarding this...

By Ron Jackson
Staff Writer

LAWTON — Football players from Oklahoma State University and the University of Oklahoma traded in their helmets for hard hats Sunday to help with "Extreme Makeover: Home Edition's" construction of a dream home for Peggy and Gene Westbrook.

Former OSU running back Vernand Morency brought in the largest group of volunteers under the banner of the Fellowship of Christian Athletes — a contingent that included about 20 current OSU athletes.

"Really, this was a spontaneous deal," said Morency, who now plays with the Green Bay Packers. "It's a great deal when you can help put a smile on a family's faces and just letting people know anybody can help regardless of what situation you're in."

By late afternoon, the OSU camp had taken center stage. Morency and a group of athletes that included quarterback Zac Robinson and wide receiver Tommy Devereaux were raising the framing for the walls.

Spectators, some perched atop rooftops, captured the moment with a flurry of clicking cameras.

For Morency, the project is near and dear to his heart. Each off-season, he tries to build four or five homes for needy families.

"This is totally my thing — developing," said Morency, who's lives in Oklahoma with his extended OSU family. "I love this kind of work."

Oklahomans will get to see the Westbrook episode April 8 on ABC, but those on hand Sunday waded through the madness of this Hollywood production to share in the festive atmosphere firsthand.

OU-HSV
4/23/2007, 10:17 AM
Damn, I missed it, forgot it was gonna be on last night

All_Day_28
4/23/2007, 10:24 AM
I watched it.. it was very touching..

Piware
4/23/2007, 06:30 PM
I watched it.. it was very touching..

I watched the whole thing waiting to see the Sooners put in an appearance. Disappointed that our kids were recognizable but what a great project and worthy recipients.

Kudos to ABC and Sears.

StoopTroup
4/23/2007, 06:46 PM
Was that the Family in Lawton?

sooneron
4/23/2007, 09:39 PM
Touching episode, but I was disappointed not to hear ANY mention of the two OU teams that made it down there.

They should have chipped in for some orthodontic work for the family as well.

goingoneight
4/23/2007, 09:42 PM
I didnt realize there was an OU connection til just now reading the above link. I just figured he was originally from michigan cause that was a michigan jacket he had on. Now why would you wear a M jacket with such a love for OU? I dont get it.

meh.........

They were conspiring against that DAMNED USC!!! :mad: :D

arenateam
4/24/2007, 12:47 PM
very cool.

Ardmore_Sooner
4/24/2007, 12:57 PM
Was that the Family in Lawton?

Yessir!

TheHumanAlphabet
4/24/2007, 02:09 PM
They should have chipped in for some orthodontic work for the family as well.

My wife and I discussed this as well. I didn't want to get negged...Perhaps that is being held for Extreme Makeover on one of the cable channels.

But yeah, surprised with the military benefits, they didn't have better orthodonture.