PDA

View Full Version : F the media

tommie15
4/21/2007, 09:23 PM
All last week we had to listen to how the women's basketball team at Rutgers was hurt by Imus' comments. Over and over some talkinghead cryed about all the pain those insensitive comments caused. Bull f'n crap. Those girls were not victims. They were not hurt. Someone says something stupid about you (which, in this case, was more of a reflection on Imus than on the girls themselves), brush it off and move on.

Then, after the horrible VT event, NBC decides it's a good idea to show that bastard's face over and over and release his "manifesto" or whatever Williams' called it. That causes pain. Real pain. And NBC doesn't give a damn. Someone in the media needs to grow a sack and do the right thing.

Rant over.

usmc-sooner
4/21/2007, 11:53 PM
All last week we had to listen to how the women's basketball team at Rutgers was hurt by Imus' comments. Over and over some talkinghead cryed about all the pain those insensitive comments caused. Bull f'n crap. Those girls were not victims. They were not hurt. Someone says something stupid about you (which, in this case, was more of a reflection on Imus than on the girls themselves), brush it off and move on.

Then, after the horrible VT event, NBC decides it's a good idea to show that bastard's face over and over and release his "manifesto" or whatever Williams' called it. That causes pain. Real pain. And NBC doesn't give a damn. Someone in the media needs to grow a sack and do the right thing.

Rant over.

I agree

MamaMia
4/22/2007, 12:02 AM
I don't even know whats been going on with Larry Birkhead and little Dannilynn. :(

proud gonzo
4/22/2007, 12:17 AM
I agree with these sentiments

Ardmore_Sooner
4/22/2007, 12:26 AM
As someone in the journalism department at OU, I agree and the stuff that goes on is gut wrenching.

SCOUT
4/22/2007, 12:30 AM
There is a morning show on The Ticket here in Dallas and Gordon Keith is one of the personalities. He is often referred to as the “yuck monkey.” He was talking about his evolution on the show over the last 10 years or so and I think it is indicative of the media in general.

He was basically saying that when he started he would say things that were shocking to get a laugh. The more he was on the air, the more shocking he had to be. He had to top his previous performances to keep up. If he kept his comments at the same level, they would become dull and people would tune him out.

That to me is what has happened with the media. The idea of just reporting the news today just won’t cut it. They have to top what happened last. The news has to be more shocking to keep the ratings up so they will exploit every situation. The news has moved from reporting to sensationalism. In order to keep the attention of John Q. Public they feel the need to report as much drama as possible.

It is sad that the murder of 32 people is now deemed as insufficient to draw interest. They have to sensationalize the killer and try to explain why he did it and why it is your fault.

I miss the days when news was a description of the facts and not an editorial on something else.

XingTheRubicon
4/22/2007, 12:46 AM
Blame your neighbors.

Blame the people that watched 80 consecutive hours of that piece of sh*t bitching about not having a Mercedes. NBC's ratings were incredibly high (almost 9/11 high) and so was every station's ratings that looped that crap.

I watched it, I'll admit it, but only a few minutes of that maggot was enough for me. Now, I'm not saying that anyone should be denegrated for watching hours and hours of this sad story. However, until the masses decide that a cold blooded murderer playing G.I. Joe isn't the most important news day after day, it will continue.

There are 2 things that could have prevented the countless hours of exposure for that evil bastard.

1. Everyone quit watching

2. NBC/MS no longer desiring money

Penguin
4/22/2007, 01:04 AM
People will watch it.

It's just like people being obsessed about watching footage of that second plane hitting the WTC from different angles over and over and over again. Then, people were like, Where's the footage of the first one?