PDA

View Full Version : And we want to share with these people?

85Sooner
4/21/2007, 05:01 PM
MOSCOW, April 21 — At their first meeting with journalists since taking over Russia’s largest independent radio news network, the managers had startling news of their own: from now on, they said, at least 50 percent of the reports about Russia must be “positive.”

In addition, opposition leaders could not be mentioned on the air and the United States was to be portrayed as an enemy, journalists employed by the network, Russian News Service, say they were told by the new managers, who are allies of the Kremlin.

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/04/22/world/europe/22russia.html?ei=5065&en=d4929f91a6c5b2aa&ex=1177819200&partner=MYWAY&pagewanted=print

Sounds like they want to gear up for some sort of conflict. Like they have a fai accounting of world news now?

I wouldn't share one bit of our anti missle technology with these guys other than to show them the damage pattern that they would sustain. Putin has really taken them back along way and yet he is very popular. I am starting to feel that alot of human beings do not want to be free. Its just too hard. (there are alot of so called americans in that group as well) IMO

Ardmore_Sooner
4/21/2007, 05:07 PM
P*ss on Russia, they'll always be a third world country and nothing more.

royalfan5
4/21/2007, 05:08 PM
The Russians have always loved authoritarian governments. They have changed form over time, but that is all. One could put a lot of the blame on the fact that they have never developed a conventional civil society to counter balance the authoritarian gov'ts.

85Sooner
4/21/2007, 05:26 PM
I believe Putin Probably is a hard liner and wishes for the soviet ways of old. How quickly they forget how bad it was. I hear Moscow is a corrupt cesspool, but that is from some of the russian immigrants who are now in the US.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
4/21/2007, 05:50 PM
I wouldn't share one bit of our anti missle technology with these guys other than to show them the damage pattern that they would sustain. Putin has really taken them back along way and yet he is very popular. I am starting to feel that alot of human beings do not want to be free. Its just too hard. (there are alot of so called americans in that group as well) IMOSad, but true. Many Americans absolutely don't appreciate what an amazingly wonderful country we live in. I wish everyone could live in a foreign country (of their choice) for a year or more, just to be able to learn to appreciate the wonder that is the USA.