PDA

View Full Version : "The States" on the History Channel

Sooner98
4/21/2007, 03:51 PM
Premieres tonight at 9:00. It's a ten-episode series, featuring five states in each episode. All of the states will have their individual history, landmarks, etc., documented, one by one. Tonight's featured states are California, Kansas, North Carolina, West Virginia, and New Hampshire.

If you love studying the history and/or geography of this country (like I do), this should be a really interesting show. Just thought I'd let anyone know who's interested in stuff like this.

No, I do not work for the History Channel. :)

Okla-homey
4/21/2007, 03:55 PM
Premieres tonight at 9:00. It's a ten-episode series, featuring five states in each episode. All of the states will have their individual history, landmarks, etc., documented, one by one. Tonight's featured states are California, Kansas, North Carolina, West Virginia, and New Hampshire.

If you love studying the history and/or geography of this country (like I do), this should be a really interesting show. Just thought I'd let anyone know who's interested in stuff like this.

No, I do not work for the History Channel. :)

Way back during the bicentennial (1976) there was a series narrated by Hal Holbrook that did a similar dealio. it was very cool. I was 16 and watched every episode. Thanks for the tip.

King Crimson
4/21/2007, 04:02 PM
how long is each episode? if it's an hour, they'll have to be hustling to do 5 states.

Okla-homey
4/21/2007, 04:04 PM
how long is each episode? if it's an hour, they'll have to be hustling to do 5 states.

naw, they can cover KS and NH in a minute each.;)

Sooner98
4/21/2007, 05:55 PM
Each eppy is an hour long, which gives them 8-9 minutes per state on average, factoring for commercials.