PDA

View Full Version : Best Buy.

Frozen Sooner
4/21/2007, 01:13 AM
:(

And then :)

So my laptop broke. Bad. Like the video card blew out. So I took the laptop down to Best Buy to get fixed, 'cause I had a warranty and stuff.

They said 5-8 weeks to get it back. :(

They ended up replacing the motherboard and getting it back to me in 2 weeks. :)

They didn't realize that there was extra RAM on the motherboard and threw my RAM out with the old mobo. :(

They at first refused to give me 512MB of RAM to make good on my computer because I didn't tell them there was extra RAM on the mobo when I dropped it off. :(

Finally, the helpful cute girl at the front desk looked up my receipt from when I first bought the computer and found that I had actually purchased the 512MB and they went ahead and gave me a new one and installed it while I watched (not that I couldn't do it, but they offered.) :)

Of course, I have a new laptop anyhow, so does anyone want a slightly used laptop?

OUTromBoNado
4/21/2007, 04:16 AM
I have had so many bad experiences with Best Buy it's not even funny.

whatsername
4/21/2007, 06:31 AM
Of course, I have a new laptop anyhow, so does anyone want a slightly used laptop?
Seriously?

OUHOMER
4/21/2007, 07:36 AM
I would love to purchase your used laptop. But I am still pumping money into my daughters POS car. Its at the point of saturation, putting more into it than it worth. My son needs a laptop, but he will have to use the library and the flash drive and bring it home for now. which means hes in my way.:mad: :D

May I suggest Ebay to sell it:D

Okla-homey
4/21/2007, 08:32 AM
If there is some charitable organization in your town you like, please consider donating it to them. I bet they would appreciate it and you'll get karma points.

Spray
4/21/2007, 08:50 AM
I've never had a bad experience with Best Buy.

Frozen Sooner
4/21/2007, 10:58 AM
If there is some charitable organization in your town you like, please consider donating it to them. I bet they would appreciate it and you'll get karma points.

Good suggestion. I may see if one of the area schools can use it, or if there's a teacher who can use it. Of course, I'm gonna 10x overwrite everything on the drive first...

yermom
4/21/2007, 01:45 PM
i'm sure the pr0n would be very educational for those kids :D

proud gonzo
4/21/2007, 02:06 PM
i've been thinking about getting a laptop. or at least thinking about wanting a laptop.

Widescreen
4/21/2007, 02:47 PM
i've been thinking about getting a laptop. or at least thinking about wanting a laptop.
Less thinking. More getting. It's only money.