PDA

View Full Version : RRS alive and well in the ATL

Desert Sapper
4/20/2007, 01:51 PM
As I was driving to work this morning in Atlanta, I got stuck behind a white and blue Ford F150 with a big whorn decal in the back window and a Georgia license plate that read: REALUT. The guy must have seen my OU front license plate and my wide grin, because he flicked his Hook'em out the window and I responded with a Hook This (Hook em ) sign. We both got a big laugh and waved to one another as we drove off. I guess I saw this as ironic, because this far out, it's almost welcome to see somebody who doesn't have 'SEC' tattooed on their cornhole, especially somebody who can appreciate the importance of RRS without a smug SEC retort (insert ignorant iron bowl or cocktail party quip).

As I came into the gate here at Ft McPherson, I passed the same Okie guard I always pass in the morning who greeted me with 'Hey Boomer!' and I responded with 'Sooner! Can't wait for the season!'

Life is good. The Red River Rivalry is alive and well out here in GA (although a bit more civilized and tamer, to be sure). Thought it was worth mentioning. Carry on.

BOOMER!

OUDoc
4/20/2007, 02:05 PM
So, he's still alive then?:cool:

fwsooner22
4/20/2007, 02:10 PM
Cool

85sooners
4/20/2007, 04:16 PM
Hook 'em

Jello Biafra
4/20/2007, 05:14 PM
cool....meanwhile back at the ranch......i was responsibile for making sure a whorn (parked illegally) received a ticket at Tinker AFB......i was happy :)

SoonerRoads
4/20/2007, 06:43 PM
As I was driving to work this morning in Atlanta, I got stuck behind a white and blue Ford F150 with a big whorn decal in the back window and a Georgia license plate that read: REALUT. The guy must have seen my OU front license plate and my wide grin, because he flicked his Hook'em out the window and I responded with a Hook This (Hook em ) sign. We both got a big laugh and waved to one another as we drove off. I guess I saw this as ironic, because this far out, it's almost welcome to see somebody who doesn't have 'SEC' tattooed on their cornhole, especially somebody who can appreciate the importance of RRS without a smug SEC retort (insert ignorant iron bowl or cocktail party quip).

As I came into the gate here at Ft McPherson, I passed the same Okie guard I always pass in the morning who greeted me with 'Hey Boomer!' and I responded with 'Sooner! Can't wait for the season!'

Life is good. The Red River Rivalry is alive and well out here in GA (although a bit more civilized and tamer, to be sure). Thought it was worth mentioning. Carry on.

BOOMER!

And a snappy salute to you from a veteran and fellow OU exile in Arkansas.....I get the deal about the SEC......believe me. You would think there wasn't another conference in America.

Just my take.

sooner4life
4/20/2007, 07:02 PM
Not to hijack here, but here is a funny story. I moved up here too Wisconsin last July, after being here for a couple months, I keep getting packages from ups and fed ex for a doctor. He used to live at the same address while he was building his house. I called him up at home to tell him I have some packages for him. Keep in mind this is the morning of the RRS. He comes over about 45 minutes later, and I help him load the packages, so he asked where I was from. I said that I have moved up here from Louisiana, but was from Oklahoma. He said he was from Oklahoma City. I said thats cool, I am from Norman, he unzipped his coat and had his OU shirt on. He went to school at OU. So I brought him in the house to show him my autographed footballs that I have on display in the living room. Anyways, I thought it was cool that I moved up here in the same house that this DR. lived in and we where both tied to OU, plus it is the morning of the RRS. I thought for sure we would win that game, has to be good omen's, but we know how that turned out.

Octavian
4/20/2007, 08:12 PM
7-3

Blue
4/20/2007, 09:42 PM
Met one of our old centers, Scott Mclure out in Alpharetta today. Playing fullback for the Georgia Force.

Boomer.

AlabamaSooner
4/22/2007, 11:04 PM
I've let my fair share of Texas fans that I come across know where I come from here in ATL.

goingoneight
4/23/2007, 12:13 AM
7-3= VY's I.Q.

FIFY ;)

XingTheRubicon
4/23/2007, 09:18 AM
7-3

NC's not including years one gets it's a** stomped by Notre Dame?

Octavian
4/23/2007, 10:42 AM
NC's not including years one gets it's a** stomped by Notre Dame?

correctumundo ;)

NAVALSOONER
4/25/2007, 09:21 AM
Its alive and well in the Navy to.Although one-sided.Im on a Destroyer and there are only 2 real OU Fans on here compared to about 20 for Texas out of about 300 people.But we all laugh and have a good time with it.My Texas buddy invites me over for BBQ's on the weekend and I get his 3 year old son to wear my OU hat it really ****es him off lol.