PDA

View Full Version : Democrat Senate Maj. Leader Harry Reid says America CAN'T WIN the war in Iraq!

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
4/20/2007, 12:35 PM
In the MIDDLE of the troop surge...and American lawmakers are obsessed with firing Atty Gen. Alberto Gonzalez. Things are not so healthy in Washington.

SoonerStormchaser
4/20/2007, 12:39 PM
Dems = http://bellsouthpwp.net/s/e/seeblank/CheeseEatingSurrenderMonkey.gif

Hatfield
4/20/2007, 12:43 PM
ok...that cheese eating surrender monkey gif is funny...don't care what side of the aisle you are on

Okla-homey
4/20/2007, 12:56 PM
In the immortal words of a great democrat president...We have nothing to fear but fear itself.

I bet of FDR were alive, he'd whack Harry Reid with one of his crutches. Seriously.

Look, it looked bad for the Allies in late '42 when FDR said that. We were getting our arses kicked in the Pacific and we didn't even have a toe-hold in Europe.

Problem is, our current president doesn't lacks the turn-of-phrase ability and gravitas FDR had to shut these defeatists up. In the meantime, the jihaadists are putting this sort of stuff on "Jew Tube" for all the jihaadi's to watch and take great comfort in.

TUSooner
4/20/2007, 01:00 PM
In the MIDDLE of the troop surge...and [blah blah blah...]

I think it's time for you to get your chain jerked again.
I have a cousin who spend some time back in the 60s as a Marine Recon corspman playing a deadly game of hide and seek with some Vietnamese chaps in the jungles north and south of the DMZ. He's killed some folks close up and seen it happen plenty. He picked up a nifty bunch of metal souvenirs that had to be dug out of his flesh. Then he went back. He's a preaching AND practicing Christian, a former cop and EMT life-saver, and one of the best men I have ever known, bar none. His first morning p!ss has more true love of America in it than you'll ever even imagine through your sophomoric radio-ideology-jerk-off sessions. And here's the kicker: He happens to think we have no business in Iraq. Where does he fit into your comic book world?

Okla-homey
4/20/2007, 01:08 PM
I have a cousin who spend some time back in the 60s as a Marine Recon corspman playing a deadly game of hide and seek with some Vietnamese chaps in the jungles north and south of the DMZ. He's killed some folks close up and seen it happen plenty. He picked up a nifty bunch of metal souvenirs that had to be dug out of his flesh. Then he went back. He's a preaching AND practicing Christian, a former cop and EMT life-saver, and one of the best men I have ever known, bar none. His first morning p!ss has more true love of America in it than you'll ever even imagine through your sophomoric radio-ideology-jerk-off sessions. And here's the kicker: He happens to think we have no business in Iraq. Where does he fit into your comic book world?

TU,
I wish we had no business over there, but until we stop needing that oil and unless we are willing to leave Israel to its own devices, we are going to have to remain engaged with troops on the ground.

TUSooner
4/20/2007, 01:17 PM
TU,
I wish we had no business over there, but until we stop needing that oil and unless we are willing to leave Israel to its own devices, we are going to have to remain engaged with troops on the ground.

The question is not whether to fight, but when, where, and how. I think this Iraq mess is the result of hubris & folly, in short - bad strategy and worse planning. We're not liberating France from the Boche these days.
And when will we know we've won?
Having said all that, I think we're holding "a wolf by the ears," to quote Tom Jefferson, and I don't think we can just let go.

4/20/2007, 01:20 PM
I have a cousin who spend some time back in the 60s as a Marine Recon corspman playing a deadly game of hide and seek with some Vietnamese chaps in the jungles north and south of the DMZ. He's killed some folks close up and seen it happen plenty. He picked up a nifty bunch of metal souvenirs that had to be dug out of his flesh. Then he went back. He's a preaching AND practicing Christian, a former cop and EMT life-saver, and one of the best men I have ever known, bar none. His first morning p!ss has more true love of America in it than you'll ever even imagine through your sophomoric radio-ideology-jerk-off sessions. And here's the kicker: He happens to think we have no business in Iraq. Where does he fit into your comic book world?I defer to post # 6, from another lawyer, already....and, I will pray for you.

Scott D
4/20/2007, 01:21 PM
I'm pretty sure there isn't any official position known as Senate Pres.

OklahomaTuba
4/20/2007, 01:22 PM
And here's the kicker: He happens to think we have no business in Iraq. Where does he fit into your comic book world?

Does he think we have no business trying to defeat the very terrorist group that attacked us on 9/11 then??

Or would he rather let AQ or Iran take the country over and use its massive oil revenue towards its goal of killing the "infidels"?

85Sooner
4/20/2007, 01:27 PM

As an American who unselfishly served his country and was let down by his own governement and the hippy culture who started this whole hate america thing.

FaninAma
4/20/2007, 01:27 PM

I have an Uncle who did two tours in the Marines in Vietnam and 4 of his sons are in the Marines and are currently serving or have served in Iraq and they all think we are winning and agree with the decision to go there. He also thinks that the lack of support by a large segment of our society(you know who you are) is the biggest obstacle to victory in Iraq.

Your response was uncalled for and the attitude behind it is needlessly confrontational and counterproductive to your position.

The defeatist attitude of the democrats is alarming. I truly believe if it prevails we as a country and a society, at that very moment, will have signaled the end of the indomitable spirit that has made this country great. In essence we will become a larger version of France and the weak democracies of Europe.

JohnnyMack
4/20/2007, 01:29 PM
I have an uncle who didn't serve in Vietnam. I'm not really sure what he thinks about Iraq. I'll call him.

Scott D
4/20/2007, 01:29 PM
yeah let's go ahead and just lock this piece of **** thread up now.

JohnnyMack
4/20/2007, 01:31 PM
He also thinks that the lack of support by a large segment of our society(you know who you are) is the biggest obstacle to victory in Irag.

Yep, same reason the USSR couldn't win in Afghanistan, cause of a lack of support from people back home.

:rolleyes:

SoonerGirl06
4/20/2007, 01:33 PM
yeah let's go ahead and just lock this piece of **** thread up now.

Why? Because opinions that are different from yours are being expressed?

Jeopardude
4/20/2007, 01:33 PM
In the MIDDLE of the troop surge...andAmerican lawmakers are obsessed with firing Atty Gen. Alberto Gonzalez. Things are not so healthy in Washington.

Could you describe this situation any sillier?

Answer: no.

Scott D
4/20/2007, 01:35 PM
Why? Because opinions that are different from yours are being expressed?

What different opinions would that be? I don't think much of Harry Reid in the first place. The person who was driving it down a highway to a locking knows who they are and have adjusted their comments to avoid that sensible conclusion.

OklahomaTuba
4/20/2007, 01:35 PM
The defeatist attitude of the democrats is alarming. I truly believe if it prevails we as a country and a society, at that very moment, have signaled the end of the indomitable spirit that has made this country great. In essence we will become a larger version of France and the weak democracies of Europe.

AMEN!

If this country doesn't have the will to fight against groups like AQ, Iran and the rest of those that slaughter hundreds on a daily basis, then God help us all.

The Jihadis will taste the blood in the water if we surrender our national security.

That being said, Bush should have done a MUCH better job of this thing after Saddam fell then he did. Mistakes happen in war, but we better finish what we f'kn started.

SoonerGirl06
4/20/2007, 01:36 PM
What different opinions would that be? I don't think much of Harry Reid in the first place. The person who was driving it down a highway to a locking knows who they are and have adjusted their comments to avoid that sensible conclusion.

I was merely asking. Thanks.

TUSooner
4/20/2007, 01:36 PM
Before y'all slap me down some more, read my post #7. Then go ahead and flame away.
Tuba - "If only" the war in Iraq were as simple as that...

Scott D
4/20/2007, 01:37 PM
I was merely asking. Thanks.

no problem at all. Are you stalking me again? Because that would be super :D

SoonerGirl06
4/20/2007, 01:40 PM
no problem at all. Are you stalking me again? Because that would be super :D

I love it when I get your flannel all twisted. :D

Fugue
4/20/2007, 01:41 PM
Before y'all slap me down some more, read my post #7. Then go ahead and flame away.
Tuba - "If only" the war in Iraq were as simple as that...

http://media.scout.com/media/image/27/273123.gif

TUSooner
4/20/2007, 01:48 PM
By the way - the post about my cousin was not necessarily done to advocate his political opinion. (He thinks we had no business going, but he's a otherwise a conservative Republican.)
My desire was - and always is - to take pokes at the simplistic view of the favor-limbaughs of the world who see only two types of people in the world, divided by their views on Iraq. Not everybody who thinks Iraq was a bad idea is cheese eating surrender monkey.

Scott D
4/20/2007, 01:49 PM
well of course they are TU. Just like anyone who thinks the plan of action post primary combat was poorly thought out and even more poorly executed hates America.

TUSooner
4/20/2007, 01:53 PM
well of course they are TU. Just like anyone who thinks the plan of action post primary combat was poorly thought out and even more poorly executed hates America.

I know I sure do!

:D :rolleyes: :D

BlondeSoonerGirl
4/20/2007, 01:54 PM
Hey, Fugue...

Take this war and shove it.

Howzit
4/20/2007, 01:55 PM
I thank we orta jus' squarsh 'em.

Squarsh 'em daid.

BlondeSoonerGirl
4/20/2007, 01:57 PM
This ain't the corn thread.

soonerscuba
4/20/2007, 01:58 PM
I think that we pay senators waaay too much, I knew this years ago.

Scott D
4/20/2007, 01:59 PM
I think that we pay senators waaay too much, I knew this years ago.

and in between their lipservice about Alberto Gonzales and their caviar dinners tonight, they'll likely introduce another referendum for another pay raise which will likely get approve by them.

FaninAma
4/20/2007, 01:59 PM
TU, how would a withdrawl for Iraq be interpreted by the world and, more importantly, the terrorists who wouldn't mind seeing all non-muslims dead?

What would the democrats and those who support capitulation if either of the following happened immediately after the withdrawal:

1.A complete meltdown in the region with Sunnis and Shiites from the entire region waging a bloody civil war? The price of oil would shoot up to $200 a barrel and the economy of the west would be crippled immensley.

2. Emboldened by their victory in Iraq, al Queda and other terrorist groups launch an all out assualt on US interests around the word knowing that we would never have the spine to go back in and confront them.

The mindset of the democrats is appalling, and as I stated, quite alarming. Before the pinheads cripple our troops' morale or manage to accomplish their goal of withdrawal I'd like to hear some semblance of a plan to stabilize the region and insure that the terrorist groups in the region don't take over control and use their victory to make life miserable for the US.

In other words, WTF is their plan besides capitualtion?

4/20/2007, 02:00 PM
I'm pretty sure there isn't any official position known as Senate Pres.My bad. It's Majority Leader for Mr Reid.

4/20/2007, 02:02 PM
yeah let's go ahead and just lock this piece of **** thread up now.Because you don't like the subject?

Scott D
4/20/2007, 02:04 PM
Because you don't like the subject?

yes that is it. I want the thread locked because I think Harry Reid is a spineless *********.

4/20/2007, 02:04 PM
Could you describe this situation any sillier?

Answer: no.IYLO, maybe not.

Rhino
4/20/2007, 02:08 PM
I say we follow Leroy Jenkins' lead.

Fugue
4/20/2007, 02:08 PM
Hey, Fugue...

Take this war and shove it.

http://smilies.vidahost.com/otn/realhappy/op485.gif

4/20/2007, 02:10 PM
yes that is it. I want the thread locked because I think Harry Reid is a spineless *********.I don't think negative comments about Harry Reid are on the list of reasons for threadlocks, but I'll let someone else look that up.

TUSooner
4/20/2007, 02:17 PM
TU, how would a withdrawl for Iraq be interpreted by the world and, more importantly, the terrorists who wouldn't mind seeing all non-muslims dead?

What would the democrats and those who support capitulation if either of the following happened immediately after the withdrawal:

1.A complete meltdown in the region with Sunnis and Shiites from the entire region waging a bloody civil war? The price of oil would shoot up to $200 a barrel and the economy of the west would be crippled immensley.

2. Emboldened by their victory in Iraq, al Queda and other terrorist groups launch an all out assualt on US interests around the word knowing that we would never have the spine to go back in and confront them.

The mindset of the democrats is appalling, and as I stated, quite alarming. Before the pinheads cripple our troops' morale or manage to accomplish their goal of withdrawal I'd like to hear some semblance of a plan to stabilize the region and insure that the terrorist groups in the region don't take over control and use their victory to make life miserable for the US.

In other words, WTF is their plan besides capitualtion?
Did you read my post #7 like I asked you to? Do you know what I mean by "a wolf by the ears"?
Read #25 while you are at it.
Those posts should explain why I have no intention of punching the flaming tar baby quoted above.

mdklatt
4/20/2007, 02:18 PM
I don't think negative comments about Harry Reid are on the list of reasons for threadlocks, but I'll let someone else look that up.

Inanity and TTS (total thread suckage) are, though.

Fugue
4/20/2007, 02:20 PM
Inanity and TITS (totally insane thread suckage) are, though.

:texan:

4/20/2007, 02:20 PM
Inanity and TTS (total thread suckage) are, though.Don't read, don't post. America is at war.