PDA

View Full Version : ? about Dean Blevins

stoopified
4/20/2007, 10:44 AM
On a recently discussed Cowpuke message board thread an ag made a comment that Dean missed the UT game that ended 6-6(1976?) because of an STD.I recall that game in which Thomas Lott made his first start and the OFFICIAL cause for Blevins to miss the game was a viral infectiob.Anyhow on the Sooner Legends DVD I noticed that when discussing that game everyone laughs at poor Dean being sick and missing the game.So what is the story here? Did Dean miss the 1976 game because of clap? If so then I guess I am about the last person to hear this story.I take shots at Dean-o all the time because of the stupid things he says and now I'm thinking about all the other cracks I coulda made,like Dean the drip and so on.

Does the Orange Horde in Stoolwater not know how disliked Dean-o is by many OU fans?

fwsooner22
4/20/2007, 10:53 AM
STD was the rumour. Don't think he ever admitted to it.

Dean has become his own worst enemy. However, if you ever saw him play football and basketball you knew the dude was super talented. Most folks don't remember that he played both sports at OU. He was unbelieveable at Norman High.

Petro-Sooner
4/20/2007, 11:18 AM
Hes a shmuck.

boomersoonerdude
4/20/2007, 11:30 AM
He went to Norman?

Widescreen
4/20/2007, 11:38 AM
He's a dude?

starrca23
4/20/2007, 11:51 AM
Who's Deno? Is that his alter ego after he gets his hair done?

King Crimson
4/20/2007, 12:12 PM
he botched the 2 point conversion at Ohio State in 77. waiting too long to pitch and got too deep forcing Peacock into the boundary with no room to run.

stoops the eternal pimp
4/20/2007, 01:25 PM
I heard he missed it because he was having problems with his ovaries

Collier11
4/20/2007, 02:17 PM
I think there was a 73% chance that it was a std, a 18% chance that his mom didnt want him to play, and a 9% chance that he forgot his helmet!! ;)

OSUAggie
4/20/2007, 02:24 PM
I think there was a 73% chance that it was a std, a 18% chance that his mom didnt want him to play, and a 9% chance that he forgot his helmet!! ;)

That's not enough % points for a Dean probability forecast... :confused:

Collier11
4/20/2007, 03:02 PM
My whole deal with Deano is this, his knowledge and sources are good...his presentation is horrible, absolutely horrible! He is not articulate at all, he cant think on his feet, and he is not funny at all!

devOUt
4/20/2007, 03:05 PM
Blevins gets crabby when you bring up the subject of the '76 game.

Collier11
4/20/2007, 03:11 PM
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Doged
4/20/2007, 05:19 PM
Honestly I think the only reason they keep Deano around is because of all the masochistic cowpuke fans that watch him obsessively. He's really not a very good journalist, and Sooner fans are going to watch whoever is reporting local sports (OU being local and all ;) ), whether it's Dean or someone else.

Seamus
4/20/2007, 05:38 PM

Gonna have to replace my kidneys after that one. Nice! :D

AlbqSooner
4/20/2007, 08:00 PM
So he had the crabs and not a viral infection? I get so confused here somtimes.

usmc-sooner
4/20/2007, 08:04 PM
I think Dean gets a bad rap. Some of you guys a pretty fickle. Half of you hate him because he thought Stoops was going to UF. Well if you remember Calmus thought the same thing. I personally thought he was gone as well.

He aint great but he aint the worst either

Piware
4/21/2007, 12:17 AM
Who's Deno? Is that his alter ego after he gets his hair done?

After he gets his hair done AND the botox treatment.

goingoneight
4/21/2007, 01:01 AM
Deano had gonoherpasyphilitis...

picasso
4/21/2007, 01:28 PM
it happens, even in Stillwater. oh I've been to Tumbleweeds. there's plenty of the clap in that town.

Seamus
4/21/2007, 02:00 PM
I think Dean gets a bad rap. Some of you guys a pretty fickle. Half of you hate him because he thought Stoops was going to UF. Well if you remember Calmus thought the same thing. I personally thought he was gone as well.

Looking for a little clarification -- if he isn't great and he isn't the worst, does that preclude commentary, negative or positive, on the matter? I mean, he can be liked, or disliked, if he isn't on either end of the scale, can he not? :confused:

Not trying to start a war ... Just sayin' ...

Soonerpsycho
4/21/2007, 02:11 PM
I often wondered if Dean is dropping hints of what STD he was afflicted with.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v257/Soonerpsycho/deanlogo.png

Jdog
4/22/2007, 12:45 AM
He had mumps that went down stairs - if you know what I mean. Very painful!! Can have pretty bad side effects, that aren't that funny.

Piware
4/22/2007, 11:34 AM
it happens, even in Stillwater. oh I've been to Tumbleweeds. there's plenty of the clap in that town.

Is that the definition of Claptrap?

spatton713
4/22/2007, 04:29 PM
dean was my dads best friend at norman high and ou ill ask him lol i bet he knows what happened

OUmillenium
4/22/2007, 08:10 PM
I think Dean gets a bad clap. Some of you guys a pretty fickle. Half of you hate him because he thought Stoops was going to UF. Well if you remember Calmus thought the same thing. I personally thought he was gone as well.

fixed

usmc-sooner
4/22/2007, 09:08 PM
Looking for a little clarification -- if he isn't great and he isn't the worst, does that preclude commentary, negative or positive, on the matter? I mean, he can be liked, or disliked, if he isn't on either end of the scale, can he not? :confused:

Not trying to start a war ... Just sayin' ...

I think he's about the same as the other Oklahoma sports guys. You've got Bob Barry Jr., Mark Rodgers and Dean Blevins. I don't see one being a whole better than the others and I don't see one a whole lot worse than the others.

I don't get real fired up about hating the guy who does the sports on channel 9. I've never understood why anyone would. I've met him and he wasn't a jerk to me.

Blues1
4/22/2007, 09:38 PM

Living outside of Oklahoma I don't see him on regular basis - Only some tv sports clips I see on internet - I just know he's a fellow SOONER who helped us win some important Games - JMHO but I think alot of you come down TOO hard on this guy -- IF you need to slam a sportscaster I say Lets pick on Dan Fouts....But even Dan said we got a screw job at Oregon.
Live and Let Live - Keep Rockin'

Seamus
4/23/2007, 02:07 AM
USMC,

I hear ya, man. I'll always be thankful to Dean for his many contributions to OU. My only negative take is that he seems a little to much into the Church of Dean, but hey, we all are a little into ourselves at one time or another, I suppose.

Thanks for the note, and thanks for your contributions (semper fi). I appreciate our men and women in the military.

stonecoldsoonerfan
4/24/2007, 07:48 AM
i had a family member that worked with him before he went to kwtv. when i asked him what dean was like, he said "he's a hotdog".

you are what you eat....

fwsooner22
4/24/2007, 10:42 AM
??????????????

Schoonerbeer
4/24/2007, 11:08 AM
Dean had a viral infection that caused his gonads to swell up to the size of grapefruits.

Big Red Ron
4/24/2007, 01:33 PM
I think he's about the same as the other Oklahoma sports guys. You've got Bob Barry Jr., Mark Rodgers and Dean Blevins. I don't see one being a whole better than the others and I don't see one a whole lot worse than the others.

I don't get real fired up about hating the guy who does the sports on channel 9. I've never understood why anyone would. I've met him and he wasn't a jerk to me.Dean is better than the other two.

mikee likee
4/24/2007, 04:07 PM
The gonads the size of grapefuit is not an exageration. She told mr they were a nice shade of blue. Also Deano cried like a girl because of this. She is a close family friend, so I believe she is credible.

goingoneight
4/24/2007, 09:25 PM
I often wondered if Dean is dropping hints of what STD he was afflicted with.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v257/Soonerpsycho/deanlogo.png

hehe... the new DB logo... :D

http://i175.photobucket.com/albums/w125/goingoneight/deanlogo.png

bluedogok
4/24/2007, 10:00 PM
My only negative take is that he seems a little to much into the Church of Dean, but hey, we all are a little into ourselves at one time or another, I suppose.
Well, he is the son of a Baptist preacher so it should come natural :D

oumartin
4/24/2007, 10:24 PM
Dean had a viral infection that caused his gonads to swell up to the size of grapefruits

oh, so he had ESS?

goingoneight
4/24/2007, 10:38 PM
I got a question maybe someone can answer... and yes... it has to do with OSU fans in general... since no one associated with Nebraska or Texas even knows who the fark Deano is.

It was recently argued on a poke board that Deano supposedly "took a cheap shot at OSU in regards to comparing the spring games."

I saw the report myself, and caught what Deano said. He was the same old "don't wanna make someone mad at me" Deano, but his point was well taken by several people hanging out with me.

He (Deano) said that OU drew a crowd of somewhere between 20,000 to 40,000... the numbers weren't exact due to some people getting in for free after it started and such. He said... and I quote "this on a cold and windy Easter Sunday weekend..." His point was that it made a good impression on the visiting recruits, it was on TV... OU got to showcase its facilities, meet and greet everyone (coaches/players/legends), showcase its campus on a sunny, beautiful day outside (bearing the cold, of course :D). He said that it would be a great recruiting tool for Oklahoma. He said, and I quote "I guess we'll see next week how OSU does..." and left it at that. No sarcastic smirk, no sacrastic tone... but rather a 'cliff-hanger,' if you will.

Now... if we're the "Biblie Belt" of the U.S.A.-- why is that NOT impressive? We draw people from all over OUr freezing cold state, on Easter Weekend, get National TV exposure, OUr coach agrees to wear a microphone and talk friendly with the commentators (who I'm sure won't be so nice as soon as he loses another game)... Everything was great and the impression I get from it all, with my rose-colored glasses set aside for now, is this:

IF ANYONE ELSE IN THE COUNTRY can draw a huge crowd, in freezing cold weather, on an important holiday weekend, put on a good show, showcase their campus and University programs and facilities-- I give them a standing O, too. Texas sells themselves this way, Alabama sold themselves this way, Penn State, Notre Dame did it... the game essentially means nothing!

So is Deano wrong here? He never once said anything derogatory toward OSU. He said it was a fantastic recruiting tool and a great tradition.

Dean for the most part makes me want to pull my hair out, because he's so dull and afraid of "homerism" that he tries to hide it. When I see the guy, I automatically think the same thing anyoen else thinks when they see a weird guy like him on the street. It starts with a 'D' and rhymes with "swoosh." But here, I can't see where he's wrong.

picasso
4/24/2007, 10:47 PM
actually, Texas fans know who the Dream is and they hate him thoroughly.

goingoneight
4/25/2007, 10:36 PM
Texas can suck my ****.

Heh, I guess Deano ain't so bad after all, huh?

usmc-sooner
4/25/2007, 11:08 PM
just to sum up my point

if you're a big Dean fan or a big Dean hater, you've carried it to the next level and should consider yourself 100% loser.

People get real, are you actually ****ed because you think an OKC sports reporter is to cocky? You actually care about his swollen nuts?

Count me as part of the crowd that is in the "I don't give a durn about this stuff" I mean **** I turn the channel to the station I want but I aint posting about my favorite sports caster.

Big Red Ron
4/25/2007, 11:13 PM
I turn the channel to the station I want but I aint posting about my favorite sports caster.If you stay on top of things you can actuslly watch all three and they usually stagger OU coverage so you can see them all. ;)

usmc-sooner
4/25/2007, 11:43 PM
to sum it up further

I think if you're that interested in Dean Blevins VD history or the size of his nuts you've crossed a line that only Dungeans and dragon players are able to see.

Seamus
4/26/2007, 12:05 AM
Texas can suck my ****.

I'm tempted to make that my sig. http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/images/reputation/reputation_highpos.gif

goingoneight
4/26/2007, 01:50 AM
Go ahead... but I'm sure aTm might want to sue you for using something they "copyrighted." :D

goingoneight
4/26/2007, 01:52 AM
just to sum up my point

if you're a big Dean fan or a big Dean hater, you've carried it to the next level and should consider yourself 100% loser.

People get real, are you actually ****ed because you think an OKC sports reporter is to cocky? You actually care about his swollen nuts?

Count me as part of the crowd that is in the "I don't give a durn about this stuff" I mean **** I turn the channel to the station I want but I aint posting about my favorite sports caster.

I don't think anyone hates him, some people have a bad opinion of him who went to school at OU with him... and others think he's just a ******rocket. Hardly anything to lose sleep over.

King Crimson
4/26/2007, 04:49 AM
i lost respect for Dean during a broadcast when he was doing the network TV sideline gig in the 90's when the real announcers implied that Dean had "led" OU to a national championship in 1975 and old D didn't do anything to be honest about Steve Davis being the QB. he just smiled like, "aw shucks, i AM the man".

tool.

RacerX
4/26/2007, 06:26 AM
just to sum up my point

:rolleyes:

usmc-sooner
4/26/2007, 08:12 AM
:rolleyes:

why the rolleyes? Are you seriously that interested in Dean Blevins nuts? or his sexual history.

I think if you let Dean get under your skin your holding on to tight. There are two other options to watch. I went to school with a lot of *********s.

I don't find a lot of the guys on the Sports Animal entertaining, but they don't affect me enough to be starting posts about their nuts or the rumors of them having VD in the 70's.

I could make a long list of people I don't like that our sports reporters but it just isn't worth my time.

Big Red Ron
4/26/2007, 09:05 AM
Dean "Sweet Meat" Blevins scored more tang in college than everyone on this board combined.

stoopified
4/26/2007, 09:31 AM
As the person who started this thread let me sum up.This thread was not statrted because of any intreat in Dean's nuts or VD history .It was to find out if the story I heard was TRUE.Apparently it is so and does go a long ways to explaining the laughter on the Sooner Legends DVD that I alluded to originally.
On the subject of Dean and his POOR reporting skills ,I am not a hater but I will bash Dean when I feel he has said or written something about my beloved Sooners that I consider stupid or irresponsible :i.e. Bob is gone to UF or OU will never be in a Final Four with the Paris twins.This is a sports forum for people to express OPINIONS and when DEAN steps on his d!ck (verbally speaking )I have a Pavlovian reaction which requires me to respond .Them damn bells,I just can't help myself. :D

Everybody just chill,this is just another OH GOD there is still 4 months till football season and this is a way to kill a little time thread.

RacerX
4/26/2007, 10:01 AM
why the rolleyes? Are you seriously that interested in Dean Blevins nuts? or his sexual history.

I think if you let Dean get under your skin your holding on to tight. There are two other options to watch. I went to school with a lot of *********s.

I don't find a lot of the guys on the Sports Animal entertaining, but they don't affect me enough to be starting posts about their nuts or the rumors of them having VD in the 70's.

I could make a long list of people I don't like that our sports reporters but it just isn't worth my time.

I'm sorry everybody is busting on your girlfriend.

I dislike Dean because he is an idiot. I stopped watching and listening to him several years ago.

You don't get to be the thought police on this.

usmc-sooner
4/26/2007, 10:07 AM
I don't usually watch him either, I usually watch Channel 5. I just think it's a little silly you guys let him get to you. I don't know him personally, so if he's an idiot then he's an idiot. I sure aint concerned about his nuts and who screwed in the 70's. I guess I just don't get worked up over him. That is all.

BTW he is not my girlfriend we broke up because he had big blue nutz :D

Seamus
4/26/2007, 10:58 AM
:pop:

stoopified
4/26/2007, 10:59 AM
I don't usually watch him either, I usually watch Channel 5. I just think it's a little silly you guys let him get to you. I don't know him personally, so if he's an idiot then he's an idiot. I sure aint concerned about his nuts and who screwed in the 70's. I guess I just don't get worked up over him. That is all.

BTW he is not my girlfriend we broke up because he had big blue nutz :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Rhino
4/26/2007, 11:29 AM
Just to sum up my point, I'm going to post ten more times in this thread.

Rhino
4/26/2007, 11:29 AM
To sum it up further, that was post number 1 of 10. This is post number 2.

BigRedJed
4/26/2007, 12:44 PM
i lost respect for Dean during a broadcast when he was doing the network TV sideline gig in the 90's when the real announcers implied that Dean had "led" OU to a national championship in 1975 and old D didn't do anything to be honest about Steve Davis being the QB. he just smiled like, "aw shucks, i AM the man".

tool.
I agree.

usmc-sooner
4/26/2007, 12:53 PM
Just to sum up my point, I'm going to post ten more times in this thread.

I guess I went a little "nuts" :D

Seamus
4/26/2007, 01:27 PM
The sarcasm on this thread ... well, I can only aspire to reach those levels. I am not worthy! ;)