PDA

View Full Version : Alec Baldwin finally shows

85Sooner
4/20/2007, 07:43 AM
What kind of "man"? he is.

Does this surprise anyone?

Listen for yourself. http://www.tmz.com/2007/04/19/alec-baldwins-threatening-message-to-daughter

King Crimson
4/20/2007, 07:48 AM
and therefore, George Bush is the greatest president in all of world history.

hypocrisy is monopolized by the "left" and the GOP is sparkling with virtue, Godliness, and pure love of the American people.

jk the sooner fan
4/20/2007, 07:49 AM
maybe the girl is a spoiled thoughtless little pig?

85Sooner
4/20/2007, 07:52 AM

hypocrisy is monopolized by the "left" and the GOP is sparkling with virtue, Godliness, and pure love of the American people.

Who mentioned politics? He always just seemed like a prima dona who was much different behind the scenes than he is in front of the camera.

If anything, it shows he is not very smart and his temper gets the best of him even against a 12 year old

King Crimson
4/20/2007, 07:53 AM
yeah, yer post had nothing to do with politics I'm sure.:rolleyes:

who cares about Alec Baldwin? obsessive anti-Hollyweird types who think he's the devil.

85Sooner
4/20/2007, 07:59 AM

who cares about Alec Baldwin? obsessive anti-Hollyweird types who think he's the devil.
Only because I know him to be one of the holyweird left who loves to portray himself to the "veiw" and "oprah" types as being a thoughtful senstive guy.

I love it when folks like that get exposed. Sean Penn is another one of those types that I would not be surprised to find like this.

If he didn't act like such a pompous *** then your right , I probably wouldn't have noticed. that said, his x is still hot.

oilmud
4/20/2007, 08:07 AM
I thought he left...............

:pop:

LilSooner
4/20/2007, 08:10 AM

Where in the blue hell did you pull that one out from? Wait. I don't want to know.

I feel bad for the little girl, that this has been made public. Also, the dude doesn't sound that ****ed off, it sounded sortof staged.

I know my momma had WAY worse things to say when I had ****ed her off.

SoonerJack
4/20/2007, 08:12 AM
Yeah, I thought he renounced citizenship and left the country when Bush was elected the first time? I'm a little disappointed.

jk the sooner fan
4/20/2007, 08:15 AM

no doubt! alec baldwin was tame compared to some of the things my dad said when i screwed up

Hatfield
4/20/2007, 08:27 AM
jesus tapdancing christ baldwin yelling at his kid ain't national news

media sure loves keeping us one step above retarded.

it ain't a story, much less one that needs to be played on the 24 hours "news" stations.

and furthermore, it is great senor 85 that you know what led to this tirade. context be damned. All this shows is someone at their breaking point with their 12 year old. Sure hopefully, he would have handled it better but who knows what brought him to this point...couldn't have been a bitter ex-wife going through a divorce using the child as a pawn....

either way WHO CARES....

(and like jk said...my pappy said much much worse....and i deserved it)

yermom
4/20/2007, 08:57 AM
now you can't yell at your kids either?

wussification of America continues

mdklatt
4/20/2007, 09:26 AM
Holy crap. I heard that on the radio this morning, but they were in the middle of it so I had no idea who it was or what was going on. That's messed up. He certainly had a major meltdown, but I don't think he unambiguously threatened physical harm. "Straighten you out" could mean a lot of things.

I can't imagine ever reaching a breaking point like that with my own kid, but who knows. Divorced parents often use the children to get back at each other.

VeeJay
4/20/2007, 09:40 AM
I'll say it: Alec Baldwin is a Far Lefty attention whore.

He's had public, emotional outbursts before. This should surprise no one.

picasso
4/20/2007, 09:44 AM
there's a few things in there I don't think you should ever say to your kid but I'm also going to bet that his ex-wife is an incredible succubus.

MamaMia
4/20/2007, 09:46 AM
Alec needs to learn to communicate to his daughter in a civil way, unfortunately I'm sure Ireland has heard much worse. Its disgraceful the way that girls parents, both Alec and Kim, have used her as a weapon to hurt each other all these years. I have no doubt that it was her own mother who caused this message to be all over the internet and TV news. Shame on the both of them!

TheHumanAlphabet
4/20/2007, 09:48 AM
I am sure somewhere, Bush is at fault for Baldwin's tirade...

Viking Kitten
4/20/2007, 09:55 AM

Wurd. My dad said some effed up stuff to say to me and my brother when my parents went through a contentious divorce. That kind of stuff makes everybody crazy. Doesn't make it okay, but what he said sounds forgivable when these people get their **** calmed down.

StoopTroup
4/20/2007, 09:56 AM
Sounds like he has a point to me.

Even Father's have feelings.

I think they all may need some counseling for the benefit of the child.

If either parent is using this little girl to PO one another...they should lose custody IMO.

God help them all...

Tear Down This Wall
4/20/2007, 09:57 AM
Why did anyone bring up President Bush? There's nothing about him in the story, nor did '85 mention him. For those of you who don't hit links, here's a snippet of what Baldwin said to his own daughter!

"Switching his train of thought, Baldwin then exercised his incredible parenting skills and took a shot at his ex-wife, declaring, "I don't give a damn that you're 12-years-old or 11-years-old, or a child, or that your mother is a thoughtless pain in the as*s who doesn't care about what you do." The irate Baldwin went on to say, "You've made me feel like s**t" and threatened to "straighten your *** out."

"This crap you pull on me with this god*damn phone situation that you would never dream of doing to your mother," screamed Baldwin, "and you do it to me constantly over and over again."

Before hanging up, Baldwin warned the child, "You better be ready Friday the 20th to meet with me. That's tomorrow."

Look, the dude is just insane. He's screaming at a kid because he's mad at the mom. And, he's trying to shame the kid into feeling bad for him. The dude needs serious psychiatric help.

picasso
4/20/2007, 10:12 AM
Sounds like he has a point to me.

Even Father's have feelings.

I think they all may need some counseling for the benefit of the child.

If either parent is using this little girl to PO one another...they should lose custody IMO.

God help them all...
didn't he call his daughter a pig or something? oh that's rich.

TheHumanAlphabet
4/20/2007, 10:18 AM
Why did anyone bring up President Bush?

Dood it was a J O K E ! Everyone blames Bush, why not for this...

Baldwin is a wack job anyway.

crawfish
4/20/2007, 10:28 AM
She's a spoiled pig.

Her parents are rotten and selfish.

Normal hollywood family. Case closed.

SicEmBaylor
4/20/2007, 10:31 AM
Hell, that's how I always speak to children.
They're ALL worthless little pigs.

Hatfield
4/20/2007, 10:31 AM
Rush....

it was an angry parent, who is hurt by the actions of his daughter..who is being used as a pawn by her yaintch of a mom, the associated editorial you posted seems to be taking shots at baldwin....(who takes shots at a certain gop member in the whitehouse)....and that may be the reason for the demonization in the snippet you posted.

i ask you this...what did ireland do to receive such a call from her dad? unless you know the answer you really have no business commenting on it....

I also like how you bold the "threat" to straighten her out.....and it seems he ain't just mad at momma.

and i stand by my statement that it is retarded that this is even "news"

usmc-sooner
4/20/2007, 10:50 AM

I usually warn my kids about people like this. They are so obsessed with George W. Bush and politics they cease to use common sense, it's useless and pointless to talk about anything with them cause they've gone liberal bonko and read George Bush and politics into everything.

SoonerGirl06
4/20/2007, 11:04 AM
This whole Baldwin-Basinger situation is a fiasco. Once again, it's a child who is caught in the middle of the whole thing.

I just hope and pray between the two parents someone is smart enough to make sure this girl is in counseling.

TheHumanAlphabet
4/20/2007, 11:06 AM
I just hope and pray between the two parents someone is smart enough to make sure this girl is in counseling.

Based on what we have seen so far, do you think this will happen? No, they are so engrossed in their own selves to think of someone else, let alone their own blood...

85Sooner
4/20/2007, 11:11 AM
Just out of curiosity, What has Kim Bassinger done?

I could see her deciding to split from a guy that goes off like this all the time and if some of you had folks that said this stuff to you I am sorry. As mad as my parents ever got they didn't resort to name calling.

I could also see a parent trying to keep their child away from someone who goes off on tirades like this. I have heard here that it has been an ugly divirce but I am wondering what she has done or is it ugly because she is fighting to keep her daughter away from his influence.?

Hatfield
4/20/2007, 11:14 AM
why wonder now? stay in your safe little box where all you need to know everything about the situation is contained in that one phone clip that kim released to the press

SoonerGirl06
4/20/2007, 11:16 AM
Based on what we have seen so far, do you think this will happen? No, they are so engrossed in their own selves to think of someone else, let alone their own blood...

Note that I said "Hope and Pray"...

From what I heard on the news this morning it is alleged that either Basinger or her publicist released the message Alec left to his daughter.

Whatever the situation may be, I don't think it was in the best interest of the child to have this information released to the public. It maybe in the best interest of the party trying to gain full custody however....

85Sooner
4/20/2007, 11:19 AM
why wonder now? stay in your safe little box where all you need to know everything about the situation is contained in that one phone clip that kim released to the press

Because someone brought it up. I am not above retracting my thoughts but it would have to take alot for that to happen. I base things on fact and going on a tirade on an 11 year old because of any behavior and calling them a little pig (especially young girls today) just because you are mad at their mother does inticate a bit of mental instability. No?

SoonerGirl06
4/20/2007, 11:29 AM

I could see her deciding to split from a guy that goes off like this all the time and if some of you had folks that said this stuff to you I am sorry. As mad as my parents ever got they didn't resort to name calling.

I could also see a parent trying to keep their child away from someone who goes off on tirades like this. I have heard here that it has been an ugly divirce but I am wondering what she has done or is it ugly because she is fighting to keep her daughter away from his influence.?

Because someone brought it up. I am not above retracting my thoughts but it would have to take alot for that to happen. I base things on fact and going on a tirade on an 11 year old because of any behavior and calling them a little pig (especially young girls today) just because you are mad at their mother does inticate a bit of mental instability. No?

It's suspected/alledged that Basinger released the message as a way to gain support for her quest for full custody of the child.

Baldwin is a loose cannon and his emotional tirades need to be controlled, especially when they're directed at a 12 year old child.

85Sooner
4/20/2007, 11:53 AM
It's suspected/alledged that Basinger released the message as a way to gain support for her quest for full custody of the child.

Baldwin is a loose cannon and his emotional tirades need to be controlled, especially when they're directed at a 12 year old child.

TMZ admitted that they got the clip legally. Don't know what that means but I am wondering what she has done in the past to contribute to the situation.

SoonerGirl06
4/20/2007, 12:14 PM
TMZ admitted that they got the clip legally. Don't know what that means but I am wondering what she has done in the past to contribute to the situation.

No telling...

What is that old saying.... "Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned."

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
4/20/2007, 12:15 PM
Rush....

???...His show is on, now. You should prolly listen to it.

KC//CRIMSON
4/20/2007, 12:39 PM
Originally Posted by LilSooner

Word. My parents make Alec Baldwin look like a f****** saint!

TheHumanAlphabet
4/20/2007, 12:44 PM

Uh.. leaked the voicemail recording to the press...

r5TPsooner
4/20/2007, 12:47 PM
no doubt! alec baldwin was tame compared to some of the things my dad said when i screwed up

Me too and you can add the phrase "gonna whoop you ***" to the list as well. Dropping the F-bomb was normal from my father.

Sooner98
4/20/2007, 01:10 PM
Hatfield, if this was, say, Bill O'Reilly who was caught on tape talking to his daughter this way, would you also be here defending him as an "an angry parent, who is hurt by the actions of his daughter"?

Pricetag
4/20/2007, 01:26 PM
Anyone letting politics creep into this has a problem. Seriously. Take whatever fanboyism you have wrapped up in it and divert it to OU athletics, please.

I never thought I was perfect, and parenthood has really driven this fact home. The love I have for my son is a special kind of love, and I imagine that the hurt he could cause me would be some of the most crushing possible. I hope that I will be able to maintain my poise when it happens.

Scott D
4/20/2007, 01:33 PM
The fact that this thread has any life shows that Americans in general are a bunch of ****ing morons.

picasso
4/20/2007, 02:14 PM
because it's on a silly internet bbs? you posted in it did you not?

colleyvillesooner
4/20/2007, 02:15 PM
Has anyone posted "Who give a ****?" yet?

TUSooner
4/20/2007, 02:22 PM
I once told my daughters I would rip their ears off.

Sam Spade
4/20/2007, 02:56 PM
maybe the girl is a spoiled thoughtless little pig?
Agreed. My dad called me worse than that and when he did I usually deserved it.

I'll bet if that VTech killer psycho had a dad who smacked him around when he acted like a punk *** he might not have turned out the way he did. I think it's funny that Americans whine about any form of discipline used on children that's harsher than a stern look and then act all shocked and surprised when a young person freaks out and goes on what amounts to be a selfish, deadly temper tantrum.

colleyvillesooner
4/20/2007, 03:02 PM
Hey LAS, I mean Sam. :D

Hatfield
4/20/2007, 03:29 PM
Hatfield, if this was, say, Bill O'Reilly who was caught on tape talking to his daughter this way, would you also be here defending him as an "an angry parent, who is hurt by the actions of his daughter"?

if all things were equal (as in exactly the same as the baldwin scenario) yes....but before i got to that point...I would still argue that it isn't news

because it isn't news. who gives a hellcrap.

you cannot tell what kind of parent someone is from one random 15 second clip.

Sooner98
4/20/2007, 03:46 PM
Well, it's definitely not "news", I'll give you that. More of a tabloid, "Greta Van Susteren" type of story. However, it is at least a somewhat intriguing story to follow (plenty of those here in the South Oval which aren't exactly "newsworthy" either). You have to admit that those were some pretty deplorable things to say to an eleven-year-old, though. It almost sounds like he's threatening her with physical violence at one point.

85Sooner
4/20/2007, 03:56 PM
if all things were equal (as in exactly the same as the baldwin scenario) yes....but before i got to that point...I would still argue that it isn't news

because it isn't news. who gives a hellcrap.

you cannot tell what kind of parent someone is from one random 15 second clip.

I guess it depends on what happens during the 15 sec clip. huh?

Hatfield
4/20/2007, 03:57 PM
if you want to read physical violence into it.

straighten you out could mean a myriad of things...and of those things spanking could be one. and there is nothing wrong with spanking your child.

sanantoniosooner
4/20/2007, 03:58 PM
If 15 seconds determined my reputation, I'd be the next Don Juan.

Hatfield
4/20/2007, 03:58 PM
I guess it depends on what happens during the 15 sec clip. huh?

yes.

and nothing contained in that clip sways me. you can tell he is ****ed and said some things in anger. whoopty doo.

i don't personally think he crossed the line to determine if he is a bad parent or not.

but it is a good thing we have this to focus on rather than worrying about a marine that was killed by a rocket today.

Hatfield
4/20/2007, 03:59 PM
If 5 seconds determined my reputation, I'd be the next Don Juan.

you really are too hard on yourself:cool:

sanantoniosooner
4/20/2007, 04:01 PM
you really are too hard on yourself:cool:
What can I say, you're good at fellatio.;)

MojoRisen
4/20/2007, 04:03 PM
THe kid needs to also show respect for her Father: I don't know the history there but if he has to call at 11:00 she should pick up- maybe when she is 18 she can revolt.

Hatfield
4/20/2007, 04:05 PM
i said you are hard on yourself there fist of fury

sanantoniosooner
4/20/2007, 04:07 PM
I know. I feel bad for cutting you short.:)

jk the sooner fan
4/20/2007, 04:10 PM
If 15 seconds determined my reputation, I'd be the next Juan Valdez.

you can never have enough good coffee!

i just cant understand why this is news......friggin foxnews.com has this on the front page like its some travesty....just really really stupid

colleyvillesooner
4/20/2007, 04:12 PM
Well it is Fox News.

Hatfield
4/20/2007, 04:13 PM
you can never have enough good coffee!

i just cant understand why this is news......friggin foxnews.com has this on the front page like its some travesty....just really really stupid

and the "news" channels are citing tmz.com as a legit source.this world is out of control.

and front page news on foxnews.com....man it is almost like baldwin is an enemy of the white house or something ;)

and if anyone is interested here is his response:

Although I have been told by numerous people not to worry too much, as all parents lose their patience with their kids, I am most saddened that this was released to the media because of what it does to a child," he wrote. "I'm sorry, as everyone who knows me is aware, for losing my temper with my child. I have been driven to the edge by parental alienation for many years now. You have to go through this to understand. (Although I hope you never do.) I am sorry for what happened. But I am equally sorry that a court order was violated, which had deliberately been put under seal in this case."

SleestakSooner
4/20/2007, 04:15 PM
I'll say it: Alec Baldwin is a Far Lefty attention whore.

He's had public, emotional outbursts before. This should surprise no one.

This was not in public. It has been made public. It sounds like this has been a very ugly divorce and this girl is caught in the middle. She may well have deserved some of the tongue lashing but no parent should ever tell their children that they are stupid and won't amount to anything. Which is pretty much what he said when he told her she didn't have the brains....

FaninAma
4/20/2007, 04:20 PM
there's a few things in there I don't think you should ever say to your kid but I'm also going to bet that his ex-wife is an incredible succubus.

Whoa, whoa, whoa! You can't say that to my fiance!

4/20/2007, 04:20 PM
If 15 seconds determined my reputation, I'd be the next Dom Luise.Oh, joy!

TUSooner
4/20/2007, 04:26 PM
I don't care a hoot about Alec Baldwin or his wife. But it would be poetic justice for all the folks going apey over this deal to get their ugliest private moments smeared across the airwaves and cyberthingy. Hypocritical poopoo heads!

Jerk
4/20/2007, 04:35 PM
hahahaha!

All I can do is laugh!

Another arrogant, self-loving, spoiled, narcissistic, elitist, hollywood kook EXPOSED!

FaninAma
4/20/2007, 04:35 PM
I don't care a hoot about Alec Baldwin or his wife. But it would be poetic justice for all the folks going apey over this deal to get their ugliest private moments smeared across the airwaves and cyberthingy. Hypocritical poopoo heads!

I have had friends go through divorces and do some bat-sh*t crazy things that I never thought they were capable of. Divorce is not a pretty picture.

Dio
4/20/2007, 04:36 PM
Hell, that's how I always speak to children.
They're ALL worthless little pigs.

That's just the Zima talking.

TUSooner
4/20/2007, 04:37 PM
I have had friends go through divorces and do some bat-sh*t crazy things that I never thought they were capable of. Divorce is not a pretty picture.

Exactly, plain ol' marriage and parenting ain't always a picnic either. ;)

sanantoniosooner
4/20/2007, 04:37 PM
Oh, joy!
I'm gonna have to score you a zero for that one.

Folks, if you're gonna fark my quote, it at least needs to be in the same neighborhood of funny as the original.;)

Jerk
4/20/2007, 04:38 PM

Sorry, but when someone is good at acting, and believes that such talent merits philosophical and political wisdom (so much so as to be 'above the little people), then when they are shown for their shallow, hollow, true selves, well....karma, dude!

FaninAma
4/20/2007, 04:39 PM
Exactly, plain ol' marriage and parenting ain't always a picnic either. ;)

Agreed.

jk the sooner fan
4/20/2007, 04:43 PM
i went thru what i'd like to call " a joy" of a divorce

and by "a joy" i mean pure hell...

people that you once loved can say some really rotten things....taking the high road was really difficult but i never once resorted to the stuff i had thrown at me

85Sooner
4/20/2007, 04:48 PM
yes.

and nothing contained in that clip sways me. you can tell he is ****ed and said some things in anger. whoopty doo.

i don't personally think he crossed the line to determine if he is a bad parent or not.

I agree.

proud gonzo
4/20/2007, 04:52 PM
holy crap, are people still talking about this?

Hamhock
4/20/2007, 04:52 PM
i bet she doesn't use wire hangers.

Jerk
4/20/2007, 05:22 PM
Anyone else remember the "Henry Hide should be stoned to death!" speach?

That would be like if Ted Nugent said that liberals should be shot, and it would make national news and surely be commented on by some of our resident leftists here. But you guys have a double standard...one for the politically correct, and another for everyone else.

85Sooner
4/20/2007, 05:24 PM
holy crap, are people still talking about this?

You Still here?????????????????

85Sooner
4/20/2007, 05:24 PM

That would be like if Ted Nugent said that liberals should be shot, and it would make national news and surely be commented on by some of our resident leftists here. But you guys have a double standard...one for the politically correct, and another for everyone else.

Well put

Scott D
4/20/2007, 05:56 PM

the fact that people even think this is news or newsworthy speaks more to the reason why tripe like American Idol, Survivor, and Jerry Springer actually have viewers.

Hatfield
4/20/2007, 06:23 PM
Sorry, but when someone is good at acting, and believes that such talent merits philosophical and political wisdom (so much so as to be 'above the little people), then when they are shown for their shallow, hollow, true selves, well....karma, dude!

kind of like how you are showing yourself to be with a comment like this when you have no knowledge of the underlying situation?

TUSooner
4/20/2007, 06:32 PM
I guess I'm never disillusioned, disappointed, or even delighted by this stuff because I never had any illusions about the Hollywoodenheads to begin within. :)

Jerk
4/20/2007, 07:02 PM
the fact that people even think this is news or newsworthy speaks more to the reason why tripe like American Idol, Survivor, and Jerry Springer actually have viewers.

Did you see...that long haired girly boy got voted off this week...and he cried like a little bitch....BWAHAHAHAHA

Jerk
4/20/2007, 07:11 PM
kind of like how you are showing yourself to be with a comment like this when you have no knowledge of the underlying situation?

oh, I guess there can be some sort of justification for going on a profanity-laced rant to your young daughter. Forgive me, I'm not a parent..I didn't know that...I thought it required mere common sense.

Scott- Alec Baldwin put himself in the public light by making absurd comments about political things. So, if he himself gets the spotlight for a dumb thing he did...well...that's just tough po-po for him. He uses his celebrity power to push an agenda and the media reports it. When he wants a microphone to push his ideological rant, he gets it. Reporting that he went on a tirade against a pre-pubescent girl is fair game.

Scott D
4/20/2007, 07:43 PM
oh, I guess there can be some sort of justification for going on a profanity-laced rant to your young daughter. Forgive me, I'm not a parent..I didn't know that...I thought it required mere common sense.

Scott- Alec Baldwin put himself in the public light by making absurd comments about political things. So, if he himself gets the spotlight for a dumb thing he did...well...that's just tough po-po for him. He uses his celebrity power to push an agenda and the media reports it. When he wants a microphone to push his ideological rant, he gets it. Reporting that he went on a tirade against a pre-pubescent girl is fair game.

I'd say the problem is more that the mother of the 'pre-pubescent' girl apparently recorded this conversation to use in a custody matter. Custody is a very very ugly thing, especially if it's via a very very ugly divorce.

That being said, I care nothing about his rant, and the only interest I have is whether or not Kim Basinger will get any Linda Tripp treatment for recording the conversation.

SoonerGirl06
4/20/2007, 07:46 PM

Folks, if you're gonna fark my quote, it at least needs to be in the same neighborhood of funny as the original.;)

You're pretty funny on the Lortab. Keep up the good work! ;)

SoonerGirl06
4/20/2007, 07:49 PM
I'd say the problem is more that the mother of the 'pre-pubescent' girl apparently recorded this conversation to use in a custody matter. Custody is a very very ugly thing, especially if it's via a very very ugly divorce.

That being said, I care nothing about his rant, and the only interest I have is whether or not Kim Basinger will get any Linda Tripp treatment for recording the conversation.

I thought Baldwin left the rant on the VM of his daughter's cell phone?

Anyway... IMO it was a private conversation that shouldn't have been put into the public arena, especially when it concerns and affects a child.

Whoever leaked it to the media should be ashamed of themselves for stooping to such a low standard.

usmc-sooner
4/20/2007, 07:59 PM
oh the hypocrisy

a guy who constantly scrutinizes the POTUS, yet doesn't want his dirty laundry aired. If this millionaire pampered hollywood loon cracks under this pressure, I think he should back of criticizing someone who is under real pressure like President George W. Bush.

BajaOklahoma
4/20/2007, 08:00 PM
The child belongs in CPS custody. A foster home would be much better than what she is going through right now. She is well on the way to being another screwed up kid thanks to the parents.

SoonerGirl06
4/20/2007, 08:06 PM
oh the hypocrisy

a guy who constantly scrutinizes the POTUS, yet doesn't want his dirty laundry aired. If this millionaire pampered hollywood loon cracks under this pressure, I think he should back of criticizing someone who is under real pressure like President George W. Bush.

I'm no Alec Baldwin fan, but matters concerning a child should be left private.

The message should never have been leaked to the media.

usmc-sooner
4/20/2007, 08:12 PM

Oh I agree

my point is, if he had something like this on Bush he wouldn't hold back. I guess kinda like a kharma thing.

I'm just saying if you want to bitch and gripe and throw others under the bus don't cry when your hat gets thrown in the ring.

usmc-sooner
4/20/2007, 08:12 PM

also,

don't sass me girl!!!! :D

SoonerGirl06
4/20/2007, 08:18 PM
also,

don't sass me girl!!!! :D

[Forrest Gump]YES DRILL SARGENT!!!![/Forrest Gump]

AlbqSooner
4/20/2007, 08:26 PM
Forget the politics. Forget that the child may be a royal screw up who has caused problems and mental distress for her father, and perhaps her mother. Forget that a father swore at his daughter in anger. Those things are collateral. What is disgusting about this is that a father is bad mouthing the mother to the child and then calling the child things like brainless. What is also disgusting is that, ostensibly, the mother put this out for internet consumption. This is a 12 year old girl who is having to deal with all of the angst that is inherent in being a 12 year old girl. Now, she has her parents fighting like crazy with each other and using her to deliver the punches.

When this child turns 18 and walks away from both parents, having nothing to do with them, they will both wonder why. Either that or, more likely, they will each blame the other for poisoning the child's mind against them.

Sad state of affairs.

SoonerGirl06
4/20/2007, 08:29 PM
Forget the politics. Forget that the child may be a royal screw up who has caused problems and mental distress for her father, and perhaps her mother. Forget that a father swore at his daughter in anger. Those things are collateral. What is disgusting about this is that a father is bad mouthing the mother to the child and then calling the child things like brainless. What is also disgusting is that, ostensibly, the mother put this out for internet consumption. This is a 12 year old girl who is having to deal with all of the angst that is inherent in being a 12 year old girl. Now, she has her parents fighting like crazy with each other and using her to deliver the punches.

When this child turns 18 and walks away from both parents, having nothing to do with them, they will both wonder why. Either that or, more likely, they will each blame the other for poisoning the child's mind against them.

Sad state of affairs.

Any problems that this child has caused can only be attributed to her parents.

They're such shining examples of how parents should behave. :rolleyes:

usmc-sooner
4/20/2007, 08:38 PM
I think we should set up a fund for that poor little Baldwin baby. BTW she's an ugly kid as well, I think Alex should have mentioned this. Your a stupid little pig who is gawd awful ugly to look at, even though your parents are good looking.

Someone had to say it. :D

4/20/2007, 08:41 PM

Folks, if you're gonna fark my quote, it at least needs to be in the same neighborhood of funny as the original.;)Well, excuse me. It shoulda been Dom DeLuise. I didn't think your original comment was a joke.

SoonerGirl06
4/20/2007, 08:49 PM
Well, excuse me. It shoulda been Dom DeLuise. I didn't think your original comment was a joke.

He no longer has gall and he's on drugs... cut him some slack. :D

Hatfield
4/20/2007, 09:49 PM
Did you see...that long haired girly boy got voted off this week...and he cried like a little bitch....BWAHAHAHAHA

at least here we can find some common ground.

Hatfield
4/20/2007, 09:51 PM
oh the hypocrisy

http://www.eurocosm.com/Application/images/Cuckoo-clocks/CCK-01lg.jpg

because the 2 situations are like totally similar and stuff.

usmc-sooner
4/20/2007, 09:57 PM
http://www.eurocosm.com/Application/images/Cuckoo-clocks/CCK-01lg.jpg

because the 2 situations are like totally similar and stuff.

OOOOHHHHH

I'm so sorry, I shouldn't hold a liberal to the same standards they hold conservatives.

like half the **** you guys criticize Bush over are totally similar and stuff. :rolleyes:

Sooner_Bob
4/20/2007, 10:37 PM
You know, there's not a parent alive who hasn't gone off on their kids at least once. We all say crap we end up regretting later. "You" may not agree with his politics, but to denigrate the guy for losing his temper with his kid is kinda hypocritical IMO.

Jerk
4/21/2007, 06:17 AM
You know, there's not a parent alive who hasn't gone off on their kids at least once. We all say crap we end up regretting later. "You" may not agree with his politics, but to denigrate the guy for losing his temper with his kid is kinda hypocritical IMO.

He has a history of being a hot-head.

MamaMia
4/21/2007, 07:30 AM
THe kid needs to also show respect for her Father: I don't know the history there but if he has to call at 11:00 she should pick up- maybe when she is 18 she can revolt.
The fact that there was a scheduled phone call in the first place puzzles me. In his whole tirade, not once did he address any subject matter that would explain the reason for a scheduled phone call. If they were having scheduled phone calls just to talk then thats pretty messed up.

I don't know what would be worse for a little girl to have to endure; the fact that your dad called you a selfish little pig, or that the whole world heard every detail. Can you imagine being 12 years old and having to go to school with everyone knowing word for word what your dad said to you in anger?

Whomever it was that leaked that message to the press probably did this little girl a lot more harm than her dad did by going off on her.

TopDawg
4/21/2007, 07:51 AM
This whole Baldwin-Basinger situation is a fiasco. Once again, it's a child who is caught in the middle of the whole thing.

Uhm, check again. It's an entire country caught in the middle of this thing. I wonder what Northern Ireland thinks of this whole thing.

leavingthezoo
4/21/2007, 09:18 AM
that wasn't nice, but uh... i've never met a parent that didn't blow up at their kids at some point. both my parents always said, "i brought you into this world, and i can take you out!"

AND THEY WEREN'T TALKING ABOUT DOIN' LUNCH!:twinkies:

Hatfield
4/21/2007, 10:20 AM
OOOOHHHHH

I'm so sorry, I shouldn't hold a liberal to the same standards they hold conservatives.

like half the **** you guys criticize Bush over are totally similar and stuff. :rolleyes:

look at I am getting at is that it is a sad state of affairs when you equate vocal dissension with the current administration and their policies with having personal divorce/parental issue placed in public.

see one is a public dissent against the public actions of the gov't.

the other is a vindictive smear campaign between 2 private individuals (that sadly has caught up the child in it)

see one is private.

one is public.

and how you can equate the 2 as similar is ludicrous. Has nothing to do with liberal or conservative. Some things should be off limits.

P.s. I still think it is retarded that this ignorant nation thinks this is "news"

SoonerGirl06
4/21/2007, 10:55 AM
Uhm, check again. It's an entire country caught in the middle of this thing. I wonder what Northern Ireland thinks of this whole thing.

I beg to differ. The whole country is caught up with this thing... rather it seems the national media is... and there's a little girl at the center of it all that has to go through the humiliation of not only knowing that her daddy thinks she's a little pig, but everyone else knows it as well.

royalfan5
4/21/2007, 10:57 AM
The fact that there was a scheduled phone call in the first place puzzles me. In his whole tirade, not once did he address any subject matter that would explain the reason for a scheduled phone call. If they were having scheduled phone calls just to talk then thats pretty messed up.

I don't know what would be worse for a little girl to have to endure; the fact that your dad called you a selfish little pig, or that the whole world heard every detail. Can you imagine being 12 years old and having to go to school with everyone knowing word for word what your dad said to you in anger?

Whomever it was that leaked that message to the press probably did this little girl a lot more harm than her dad did by going off on her.
Is that really that strange? My family has always scheduled phone calls just to talk. That way you can make sure you are home for the call.

Scott D
4/21/2007, 10:58 AM
I beg to differ. The whole country is caught up with this thing... rather it seems the national media is... and there's a little girl at the center of it all that has to go through the humiliation of not only knowing that her daddy thinks she's a little pig, but everyone else knows it as well.

well if it makes her feel better, I think her dad is a ****ty actor and her mother is more of an ignorant slut than Jane. :)

Hatfield
4/21/2007, 11:34 AM
well if it makes her feel better, I think her dad is a ****ty actor and her mother is more of an ignorant slut than Jane. :)

comments like that show your age....and your age being OLD. ;)

MamaMia
4/21/2007, 11:48 AM
Is that really that strange? My family has always scheduled phone calls just to talk. That way you can make sure you are home for the call.
Wasn't this message left on Ireland's cell phone? If its just to talk, as opposed to making some kind of plans, the phone calls in our family are all spontaneous. If they're able to talk, they'll answer. If not, we will leave a message and they'll call back. Even before the age of cell phones, my father has always been welcomed to call me whenever he pleases, of course he has always been very considerate in taking my work and sleep schedule into account, and I am always delighted to hear his voice. The same holds true when my husband calls our daughters.

With this Baldwin situation, I was just wondering if the situation is so bad that the courts ordered certain phone call times?

royalfan5
4/21/2007, 11:52 AM
Wasn't this message left on Ireland's cell phone? If its just to talk, as opposed to making some kind of plans, the phone calls in our family are all spontaneous. If they're able to talk, they'll answer. If not, we will leave a message and they'll call back. Even before the age of cell phones, my father has always been welcomed to call me whenever he pleases, of course he has always been very considerate in taking my work and sleep schedule into account, and I am always delighted to hear his voice. The same holds true when my husband calls our daughters.

With this Baldwin situation, I was just wondering if the situation is so bad that the courts ordered certain phone call times?
I just don't think scheduled phone calls are that strange. My family has been doing it since the advent of rural telephone.

Blue
4/21/2007, 11:54 AM
Since when is this type of stuff anybody's business. freakin gossiping media.

MamaMia
4/21/2007, 12:17 PM
I just don't think scheduled phone calls are that strange. My family has been doing it since the advent of rural telephone.
Being the member of a huge Italian family, I would have to have a new poster board hanging on the wall every week to schedule my conversations with my family. :D

Scheduled phone calls between little girls and their fathers just to talk, if that is in fact all they were going to do, is very strange. I would hope that every little girl in world has the ability to call their daddy whenever they please.

royalfan5
4/21/2007, 12:29 PM
Being the member of a huge Italian family, I would have to have a new poster board hanging on the wall every week to schedule my conversations with my family. :D

Scheduled phone calls between little girls and their fathers just to talk, if that is in fact all they were going to do, is very strange. I would hope that every little girl in world has the ability to call their daddy whenever they please.
My Mom can call me whenever she wants, but she always does it at 11:00 AM on Sunday. We call each other at random times too, but for the most part it is always at the same time. Plus we all use email extensively, including my Grandparents.

MamaMia
4/21/2007, 12:35 PM
My Mom can call me whenever she wants, but she always does it at 11:00 AM on Sunday. We call each other at random times too, but for the most part it is always at the same time. Plus we all use email extensively, including my Grandparents.
Do the little girls in your family circle schedule phone calls with their fathers just to chat?

sanantoniosooner
4/21/2007, 12:40 PM
mom, I think in the case of a crappy divorce and split/one sided custody there may well be a place for some scheduled phone calls. Especially where you have atypical lifestyles like hollywood types.

MamaMia
4/21/2007, 12:57 PM
mom, I think in the case of a crappy divorce and split/one sided custody there may well be a place for some scheduled phone calls. Especially where you have atypical lifestyles like hollywood types.
Well then like I said, thats very messed up. A little girl ought to be able to call her daddy whenever she needs to talk, instead of having to wait for the scheduled telephone appointment. If this is whats been going on then she has had to learn to live her life without the benefit of being able to speak to her own dad when she feels the need, as not to disrupt the phone schedule. Therefore she probably isn't as close to him as most daughters should be to their dads.

sanantoniosooner
4/21/2007, 01:00 PM
Well then like I said, thats very messed up. A little girl ought to be able to call her daddy whenever she needs to talk, instead of having to wait for the scheduled telephone appointment. If this is whats been going on then she has had to learn to live her life without the benefit of being able to speak to her own dad when she feels the need, as not to disrupt the phone schedule. Therefore she probably isn't as close to him as most daughters should be to their dads.
I'm not sure that it's just a matter of not being able to call any particular time.

But with screwy schedules it does make sense to set aside a specific time so that conversations don't get cut short by other crap.

The girl is dealing with both parents schedules, not just his.

Scott D
4/21/2007, 01:06 PM

SAS has it down basically in his two posts. This is clearly a very very ugly divorce, and as in most divorces, custody battles can become even uglier. The kinds of things one parent will say to a child about the other parent are probably 3x uglier than anything Alec Baldwin said in that phone call.

In extreme cases the court can mandate when a parent can have contact with their own child, and when they may not.

As for it seeming odd to you about people 'scheduling' phone calls. Do you call GrampapaGia on his birthday/father's day/xmas/thanksgiving? If you do it annually or if your kids do it annually with you and PapaPia it's basically scheduled phone calls. It's not really as odd as you think it is. It's more common among families that tend to spread out across the country/world.

picasso
4/21/2007, 01:41 PM
Scott, you're still posting in this stupid thread?

sanantoniosooner
4/21/2007, 01:42 PM
Scott, you're still posting in this stupid thread?
You're just mad because he agreed with me.

picasso
4/21/2007, 01:49 PM
You're just mad because he agreed with me.
no, he mentioned about 5 pages ago that this thread was proof of the decline of western civilization.

and I still think Baldwin needs to be kicked in the nuts.

royalfan5
4/21/2007, 01:50 PM
Do the little girls in your family circle schedule phone calls with their fathers just to chat?
Well the ones with living fathers do. My Aunt calls my Grandpa at 5 on Sundays, and has done that as long as I can remember.

MamaMia
4/21/2007, 01:51 PM
I'm not sure that it's just a matter of not being able to call any particular time.

But with screwy schedules it does make sense to set aside a specific time so that conversations don't get cut short by other crap.

The girl is dealing with both parents schedules, not just his.I just called my father and thanked him for thinking that talking to me all these 52 years when I called was what was most important at that time and for never calling me names. I never realized how lucky I was. And yes Dean, I still call him "Daddy." :D

Scott D
4/21/2007, 05:44 PM
I just called my father and thanked him for thinking that talking to me all these 52 years when I called was what was most important at that time and for never calling me names. I never realized how lucky I was. And yes Dean, I still call him "Daddy." :D

were you the ever the child in question in a divorce? if the answer is no, then this entire post is null and void.

MamaMia
4/21/2007, 06:26 PM
were you the ever the child in question in a divorce? if the answer is no, then this entire post is null and void.
No, but my mom wouldn't even let me talk back to daddy when he was in her dog house...so there! :P

Scott D
4/21/2007, 09:11 PM
No, but my mom wouldn't even let me talk back to daddy when he was in her dog house...so there! :P

That's because that's a base rule.

Dad handles punishment for boys.
Mom handles punishment for girls.

Grandparents get involved when parents seem inept at this base concept :D