PDA

View Full Version : "Keeping It Real (Stupid)"

Okla-homey
4/20/2007, 07:36 AM
Mind-boggling

Rap star Cam'ron says there's no situation -- including a serial killer living next door -- that would cause him to help police in any way, because to do so would hurt his music sales and violate his "code of ethics." Cam'ron, whose real name is Cameron Giles, talks to Anderson Cooper for a report on how the hip-hop culture's message to shun the police has undermined efforts to solve murders across the country. Cooper's report will be broadcast on 60 MINUTES Sunday, April 22 (7:00-8:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.

"If I knew the serial killer was living next door to me?" Giles responds to a hypothetical question posed by Cooper. "I wouldn't call and tell anybody on him -- but I'd probably move," says Giles. "But I'm not going to call and be like, 'the serial killer's in 4E.' "

Giles' "code of ethics" also extends to crimes committed against him. After being shot and wounded by gunmen, Giles refused to cooperate with police. Why? "Because...it would definitely hurt my business, and the way I was raised, I just don't do that," says Giles.

Pressed by Cooper, who says had he been the victim, he would want his attacker to be caught, Giles explains further: "But then again, you're not going to be on the stage tonight in the middle of, say, Raleigh-Durham, North Carolina, with people with gold and platinum teeth and dreadlocks jumping up and down singing your songs, either," says Giles. "We're in two different lines of business."

"So for you, it's really about business?" Cooper asks.

"It's about business," Giles says, "but it's still also a code of ethics."

OUDoc
4/20/2007, 07:38 AM
There's the problem.

jk the sooner fan
4/20/2007, 07:39 AM
well thats one of the problems......

yermom
4/20/2007, 07:40 AM
you just don't understand thug life :rolleyes:

fadada1
4/20/2007, 07:54 AM
what "code of ethics" pamphlet was he given at the last "street meeting for rappers i've never heard of"???

85Sooner
4/20/2007, 07:56 AM
Can you say obstruction of justice?

jk the sooner fan
4/20/2007, 07:57 AM
Can you say obstruction of justice?

thats not obstruction of justice

fadada1
4/20/2007, 08:00 AM
thats not obstruction of justice
i gotta agree. it's just plain retarded.

jk the sooner fan
4/20/2007, 08:04 AM
obstruction of justice requires a specific act of interference - its more than just a mere act of silence.....

OUDoc
4/20/2007, 08:10 AM
I hope he lives next to a serial killer.

Hamhock
4/20/2007, 08:28 AM
smoking gun has story where this tough guy talked to the cops after he got beat up at a playground.

if i wasn't so lazy, i'd link the story.

springs sooner
4/20/2007, 08:42 AM
NHH. thugs.

picasso
4/20/2007, 09:07 AM
cops have such a simple job. they only put their lives on the line every day they go to work.

Okla-homey
4/20/2007, 09:11 AM
The irony his, his peeps are the most heavily victimized by violent crime segment of our society. Acquiescence to vile acts and refusal to cooperate with cops investigating crimes helps ensure nothing will ever change for them.

crawfish
4/20/2007, 09:14 AM
I'm getting visions of the opening scene of "Miller's Crossing".

It's a matter of etics.

SoonerProphet
4/20/2007, 09:31 AM
not saying i agree with his sentiments or even think it is a positive way to organize a society, but...sometimes the thin blue line of law enforcement in "the hood" is sketchy at best.

again, not saying i agree...just pointing out that there is a different perspective.

picasso
4/20/2007, 09:39 AM
not saying i agree with his sentiments or even think it is a positive way to organize a society, but...sometimes the thin blue line of law enforcement in "the hood" is sketchy at best.

again, not saying i agree...just pointing out that there is a different perspective.
and you know this first hand?

ever ride with a cop on the beat? they don't know anyone they pull over, if it's in whitey suburbia or the hood as you say. I know cops target certain people at certain times but I've had a gun drawn on me from a highway patrol before.

they don't know you, and if you're not breaking the law there's pretty good chance you'll ended up going free.

SoonerProphet
4/20/2007, 09:42 AM
and you know this first hand?

ever ride with a cop on the beat? they don't know anyone they pull over, if it's in whitey suburbia or the hood as you say. I know cops target certain people at certain times but I've had a gun drawn on me from a highway patrol before.

they don't know you, and if you're not breaking the law there's pretty good chance you'll ended up going free.

C'mon pic. Not saying it is rampant or just, but you gotta know that in the back of many communities minds, stop six and como here in my area, that there is a certain leariness towards the law.

I realize law enforcement has a tough gig and the wise move is caution over trust...but many others feel the same towards law enforcement.

picasso
4/20/2007, 09:51 AM
well we all know it's out there on both sides but that doesn't mean it's right. from the perspective of someone who glorifies law breaking? the hell kind of perspective are they worthy of?

I know folks get targeted and normally for good reason. there's crime in the wealthier areas in Tulsa too, it's spread across the map.

I'm rambling here:D but I just cringe when I hear folks busting on the job those guys do. I'm betting most rappers would never do such a dangerous and nut requiring duty.

Tear Down This Wall
4/20/2007, 10:08 AM
Hmmm. A rapper saying something stupid. What a newsflash. No wonder Anderson Cooper's ratings are poor.

Rapper don't like cops...gah...that's so 20 years ago, Anderson. Ever hear of N.W.A.? From 1988, moron:

"Ice Cube will swarm
On any muthaf*cka in a blue uniform
Just cuz I'm from the CPT, punk police are afraid of me
A young nigga on a warpath
And when I'm finished, it's gonna be a bloodbath
Of cops, dyin in LA
Yo Dre, I got somethin to say

F*ck the police."

Anderson Cooper...behind the times, behind in the ratings.

Boomer.....
4/20/2007, 10:23 AM
smoking gun has story where this tough guy talked to the cops after he got beat up at a playground.

if i wasn't so lazy, i'd link the story.

Lazy *** (http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/years/2007/0419072giles1.html?link=rssfeed)

Ardmore_Sooner
4/20/2007, 10:23 AM
Rap is slowly dying. Give it time.

TUSooner
4/20/2007, 02:47 PM
Can't we speed it up just a little?

TUSooner
4/20/2007, 02:48 PM
I hope he lives next to a serial killer.
too good

OUDoc
4/20/2007, 02:50 PM
Can't we put a pillow over its face or something?

Okla-homey
4/20/2007, 03:46 PM
Can't we put a pillow over its face or something?

No, Dr Kevorkian.;)