PDA

View Full Version : Looking at this program we will fear...

LittleWingSooner
4/19/2007, 12:19 PM
Is really going in the right direction

All time record by decade
1901-1909 14-25-6
1910-1919 43-32-4
1920-1929 32-47-9
1930-1939 49-46-7
1940-1949 53-37-5
1950-1959 47-50-5
1960-1969 35-62-2
1970-1979 56-53-3
1980-1989 71-43-2
1990-1999 41-68-3
2000-2005 35-36-0

And they only have 1 head coach with more then 60 wins. Only 2 of their coaches have 50 wins. They have won 48.9% of their games.

I'm sorry we will never have a reason to fear Boone Pickens State

OSUFAN11
4/19/2007, 01:26 PM

1901-1909 14-25-6
1910-1919 43-32-4
1920-1929 32-47-9
1930-1939 49-46-7
1940-1949 53-37-5
1950-1959 47-50-5
1960-1969 35-62-2
1970-1979 56-53-3
1980-1989 71-43-2
1990-1999 41-68-3
2000-2005 35-36-0

And they only have 1 head coach with more then 60 wins. Only 2 of their coaches have 50 wins. They have won 48.9% of their games.

What do you know! Another thread bashing OSU.

OKLA21FAN
4/19/2007, 01:32 PM
bashing?

or simply reality?
:pop:

OSUFAN11
4/19/2007, 01:46 PM
bashing?

or simply reality?

Call it what you want. Why dont you just save the space and add it to another thread that talks about OSU. There are plenty to pick from.

AlabamaSooner
4/19/2007, 01:48 PM

Well....this is a SOONER forum. It's also the facts. Not sure if it's considered bashing.

Sooner in Tampa
4/19/2007, 01:56 PM
bashing?

or simply reality?
Reality gets my vote.

Sad pathetic reality.

OKLA21FAN
4/19/2007, 01:56 PM
Call it what you want. Why dont you just save the space and add it to another thread that talks about OSU. There are plenty to pick from.

this one is fine...

after all, it has been 'on the rise' for decades now, yet never really goes anywhere.

GoState
4/19/2007, 02:08 PM
When I see our overall record, I can't help but quote Lloyd Bridges..."Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit drinking."

StuIsTheMan
4/19/2007, 02:10 PM
What about the most powerfull offense EVAR?

OSUAggie
4/19/2007, 02:14 PM
What about the most powerfull offense EVAR?

In the world, not ever. :rolleyes:

StuIsTheMan
4/19/2007, 02:16 PM
In the world, not ever. :rolleyes:

What about the Most Powerfull Offense inthe WORLD?

Fixed and thank you:D

OKLA21FAN
4/19/2007, 02:16 PM
When I see our overall record, I can't help but quote Lloyd Bridges..."Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit drinking."
heh!
thanks for the giggle.........Eddie:eddie:

bixby28
4/19/2007, 04:25 PM
"Wait until next year, gooner !"

JDawg2303
4/19/2007, 04:30 PM

Before you start telling us to clean up the "bashing" I would look at your own forums. I would have to say you have quite a bit more bashing of OU there than we do here. After all, OU is your only true rivalry and we have to split space with saxeT (our #1 rivalry). So fix your own forums before you try to fix ours, m'kay?

stoops the eternal pimp
4/19/2007, 04:35 PM
What about the Most Powerfull Offense inthe WORLD?

Fixed and thank you:D

the most powerful offense in the UNIVERSE...erse...erse..erse..

Fraggle145
4/19/2007, 04:35 PM
Before you start telling us to clean up the "bashing" I would look at your own forums. I would have to say you have quite a bit more bashing of OU there than we do here. After all, OU is your only true rivalry and we have to split space with saxeT (our #1 rivalry). So fix your own forums before you try to fix ours, m'kay?

OSU is not a rival. They aer an annoyance. 77-16-10. it isnt bedram either.

LittleWingSooner
4/19/2007, 05:27 PM
Not only did I forget 77-16.

Under Gundy they have won 2 Big 12 South games 4 Big 12 games overall.

Seamus
4/19/2007, 05:40 PM
I realize I haven't fully shed my n00b-skin, but I'm a little perturbed by aggots -- especially n00bish aggots -- coming here and trying to dictate what Sooners can discuss on a Sooner board. Just sayin' ...

MiccoMacey
4/19/2007, 05:50 PM
The Aggie has a point, although it is weird for him to come to our board to tell us what to do (or not do).

1) If they really aren't our rivals, why do we discuss them so much on here.

2) If they really aren't our rivals, why do we hate them so much.

3) If they really aren't our rivals, why are they so annoying to us?

I don't spend time worrying about what The Citadel says about us. I don't care what Rutgers says about us (even with last season's results). I've never started a thread about Arkansas State. Or the University of Buffalo. Or Tulsa, who's had much more success recently than OSU and are in our state borders.

So why would I care what some fans of a football program that has one less than half their games ever played think about our football program?

Now, in wrestling...:D

Vaevictis
4/19/2007, 05:54 PM
Contempt and loathing isn't the same thing as rivalry.

OKLA21FAN
4/19/2007, 05:55 PM
The Aggie has a point, although it is weird for him to come to our board to tell us what to do (or not do).

I don't spend time worrying about what The Citadel says about us. I don't care what Rutgers says about us (even with last season's results). I've never started a thread about Arkansas State. Or the University of Buffalo. Or Tulsa, who's had much more success recently than OSU and are in our state borders.

So why would I care what some fans of a football program that has one less than half their games ever played think about our football program?

1) because they are like the 'trailer trash' next neighbor, sometimes you just have to look at their daily activities and shake your head. ignoring them, isn't going to make them move.

2) see number 1

3) see number 1

Fraggle145
4/19/2007, 05:56 PM
...I don't spend time worrying about what The Citadel says about us. I don't care what Rutgers says about us (even with last season's results). I've never started a thread about Arkansas State. Or the University of Buffalo. Or Tulsa, who's had much more success recently than OSU and are in our state borders...

Ya, but we dont have to listen to those fans, begging like a dog for tablescraps, all the time like we do for aggots. Just sayin'

MichiganSooner
4/19/2007, 07:09 PM
Let's talk about texASS. Not that it is the program that we fear but........are they going in the right direction?

LittleWingSooner
4/19/2007, 07:21 PM

We live in Oklahoma and are in the same conference, then the Boone Pickens stuff happens and some OSU fans act like it'll make them as good as OU in football and some actually believe they have a better team then OU. And some writers trying to sell papers compare OSU with Nebraska of 83, and others say that OSU is better than OU.

Of course OU fans are gonna rebut these points. We would be idiots not to.

OSU isn't really a rival just an annoyance.

LittleWingSooner
4/19/2007, 07:22 PM
Let's talk about texASS. Not that it is the program that we fear but........are they going in the right direction?

Texas has a respectable program and as bad as their fans are they aren't gonna say OU is something they aren't. Most Texas fans respect OU more then OSU fans do.

RedstickSooner
4/19/2007, 07:37 PM

1901-1909 14-25-6
1910-1919 43-32-4
1920-1929 32-47-9
1930-1939 49-46-7
1940-1949 53-37-5
1950-1959 47-50-5
1960-1969 35-62-2
1970-1979 56-53-3
1980-1989 71-43-2
1990-1999 41-68-3
2000-2005 35-36-0

Little Wing, I don't mean to criticize -- but I suspect you just spent *way* more time on that than the sheep buggerers are worth.

LittleWingSooner
4/19/2007, 07:47 PM
All I did was copy this down from their official site. It was hard to look at all that orange for 10 minutes but I'm alive.

MiccoMacey
4/19/2007, 08:14 PM
Hey, I'm not telling you not to talk about them. It's a free country. Feel free to cuss and discuss as you feel.

I just don't get it. That's just me. Nothing against you guys.

But like a poster above said, I could see the need for Texas threads as they are a real rival and have had a lot of football success lately (lately being the last eight years or so). OSU...not so much. Their greatest season in the last six years (2003) was akin to our worst (2005).

They can stand on their heads all day long and scream about football. and I couldn't care less. They don't bug me...they're not like the little brother down the street. They are more like the retarded cousin that drools and says silly things. I don't get mad at him. He knows no better.

Boomerfreakinsooner
4/19/2007, 09:04 PM
They don't bug me...they're not like the little brother down the street. They are more like the retarded cousin that drools and says silly things. I don't get mad at him. He knows no better.

Your "cousin" sounds alot like your lil brother to me ;o)

OSUAggie
4/19/2007, 09:20 PM
Hey, I'm not telling you not to talk about them. It's a free country. Feel free to cuss and discuss as you feel.

But like a poster above said, I could see the need for Texas threads as they are a real rival and have had a lot of football success lately (lately being the last eight years or so). OSU...not so much. Their greatest season in the last six years (2003) was akin to our worst (2005).

They can stand on their heads all day long and scream about football. and I couldn't care less. They don't bug me...they're not like the little brother down the street. They are more like the retarded cousin that drools and says silly things. I don't get mad at him. He knows no better.

Where'd you go to school?

MiccoMacey
4/19/2007, 09:34 PM
Both OU and OSU. But I wore my Sooner gear while at OSU. It bugged my entomology teacher (get it..."bugged"...entomology...comedy gold).

It'd be like an OU fan talking about how we are going to finally surpass OSU in wrestling. In one ear and out the other. Water off a duck's back.

MiccoMacey
4/19/2007, 09:35 PM
Your "cousin" sounds alot like your lil brother to me ;o)

And you must be a firefighter. Or one of his special social workers. :D

OKLA21FAN
4/19/2007, 09:41 PM
Where'd you go to school?
btw Aggie

I went to both as well.

i was in stillwater doing the 'glory days' in the 80s. (even saw Berry Hanna rumble down the side line 'live' in Jacksonville in '84) i have seen both sides.

step into the light Carol Anne.

auto
4/19/2007, 10:19 PM

Thanks for my current sig. I start my share off Aggie Lite threads, for several reasons, most of which we can skip:D

OSUAggie
4/20/2007, 12:35 AM
Both OU and OSU. But I wore my Sooner gear while at OSU. It bugged my entomology teacher (get it..."bugged"...entomology...comedy gold).

It'd be like an OU fan talking about how we are going to finally surpass OSU in wrestling. In one ear and out the other. Water off a duck's back.

I realize that. I was just ****in with you. And even though you've lost 18 straight and 120 out of 150 to us (or thereabouts), OSU fans still respect OU wrestling.

And I think (I could be wrong) the only surpassing anyone's talking about is in reference to facilities, and that point was only validated in the heads of many Pokes after Switzer made his comments. I don't think anyone wearing orange (other than dumb *** students that don't know any better yet) truly believes we'll be passing by Oklahoma football as a whole anytime soon, or ever.

btw Aggie

I went to both as well.

i was in stillwater doing the 'glory days' in the 80s. (even saw Berry Hanna rumble down the side line 'live' in Jacksonville in '84) i have seen both sides.

step into the light Carol Anne.

congrats? ;) Is that a Poltergeist reference?

goingoneight
4/20/2007, 01:16 AM
Is that Middle Tennessee State Tech's record?

RedstickSooner
4/20/2007, 08:10 AM
All I did was copy this down from their official site. It was hard to look at all that orange for 10 minutes but I'm alive.

Well, I suppose that isn't such a ridiculous expenditure of effort, then, Little Wing.

Oh, and in the interest of charity, I'm going to offer some praise for our little brother! Hard to believe, but true. So, here it is:

At least they don't claim any made up national championships in football.

(This is on my mind with Washington's recently joining the "everybody gets a trophy" club)

insuranceman_22
4/20/2007, 10:30 PM
The aggies have put up some impressive wrestling credentials. But think for a minute, how many times have you guys finished in the top 20 in the country this century in football? Now how many times have Sooners finished in the top 20 in wrestling? I know it's an apple to orange comparison, but what I'm saying is that OUr wrestling team is a helluva lot better than your football team :-)

stoopified
4/21/2007, 05:15 PM
Contempt and loathing isn't the same thing as rivalry.True dat.

Sam Spade
4/21/2007, 07:17 PM
Wait...there's an Oklahoma STATE University?

I thought the orange and black OSU was OREGON State University...

olevetonahill
4/21/2007, 08:28 PM
What do you know . Another aggie lite worrying about what we do On SoonerFans.com :D
Have some more red , aggie

olevetonahill
4/21/2007, 08:34 PM
With the clapper ? you tell me .

olevetonahill
4/21/2007, 08:40 PM
I realize that. I was just ****in with you. And even though you've lost 18 straight and 120 out of 150 to us (or thereabouts), OSU fans still respect OU wrestling.

And I think (I could be wrong) the only surpassing anyone's talking about is in reference to facilities, and that point was only validated in the heads of many Pokes after Switzer made his comments. I don't think anyone wearing orange (other than dumb *** students that don't know any better yet) truly believes we'll be passing by Oklahoma football as a whole anytime soon, or ever.

congrats? ;) Is that a Poltergeist reference?
Take this kinda shat to the rasslin Forum .
Oh wait we dont give a shat about that stuff .

goingoneight
4/21/2007, 09:40 PM
We live in Oklahoma and are in the same conference, then the Boone Pickens stuff happens and some OSU fans act like it'll make them as good as OU in football and some actually believe they have a better team then OU. And some writers trying to sell papers compare OSU with Nebraska of 83, and others say that OSU is better than OU.

Of course OU fans are gonna rebut these points. We would be idiots not to.

OSU isn't really a rival just an annoyance.

Hit the nail center on the head, LWS... It's damn offensive when they say they're going to "pass up" many years of tradition, championships, All-America honors, Coach of the Year's... just becuase some senile old billionaire dumped money into their otherwise "dump" stadium. My thoughts are congratulations, but don't be a fool... your team is only making a move from 6th in the South to maybe third or fourth annually.

LittleWingSooner
4/21/2007, 10:52 PM
Hit the nail center on the head, LWS... It's damn offensive when they say they're going to "pass up" many years of tradition, championships, All-America honors, Coach of the Year's... just becuase some senile old billionaire dumped money into their otherwise "dump" stadium. My thoughts are congratulations, but don't be a fool... your team is only making a move from 6th in the South to maybe third or fourth annually.

And they have yet to make that move.

Wishboned
4/22/2007, 12:35 AM
OSU football is the very definition of insanity. Trying the same thing over and over again, expecting different results.

The fact that any of them even remotely believe that they will ever surpass OU in football adds delusions of grandeur to the insanity. Throw in some T. Boone dementia and you can see the whole altered mindset landscape.

And as far as their new facilities go, you can take a turd and put it in a solid gold box, but that won't change what it is, it will never be anything more than a turd in a solid gold box.

Piware
4/22/2007, 11:46 AM
And they have yet to make that move.

Be afraid, be very afraid. They're warming up, they're getting ready - no wait, not yet. Okay, now...be afraid, be VERY afraid, cuz this is it. Oops, dropped all of their conference games but one.

NOW we are ready - be afraid, quake hysterically in fear. Oh darn, did it again so they want Overs.

This is it REALLY so be afraid, be gripped by irrational, pee down your leg terror because they are on the rise, their future is bright, they're bleeding orange, they waving their arms and have painted their ugly little mugs. They are going to show the Gooners once and for all time who rules this state.........Zzzzzzzz

Just have to make a dog turd comment. You can dip it in chocolate and roll it in coconut but it's still a dog turd down deep.

Jewstin
4/22/2007, 05:50 PM
Just have to make a dog turd comment. You can dip it in chocolate and roll it in coconut but it's still a dog turd down deep.

But what if I shine that dog-turd, place it in a gold box, shine the gold box that is housing said dog-turd, then build a $150 some odd million dollar stadium around it? And then dip THAT in chocolate ... and, hell, wrap it in a shiny gold ribbon and serve it with ice cream and a nice cognac (served in a shiny gold mug).

Then is it no longer a dog-turd? Pleaaase say it is no longer a dog-turd!

picasso
4/22/2007, 06:57 PM
I like talking about oSu football, it helps me go crap and stay regular.

Piware
4/23/2007, 11:20 PM
But what if I shine that dog-turd, place it in a gold box, shine the gold box that is housing said dog-turd, then build a $150 some odd million dollar stadium around it? And then dip THAT in chocolate ... and, hell, wrap it in a shiny gold ribbon and serve it with ice cream and a nice cognac (served in a shiny gold mug).

Then is it no longer a dog-turd? Pleaaase say it is no longer a dog-turd!

Sorry Jewstin - An elegantly conceived confection with an exquisite presentation, devilishly divine accessories, artistically influenced, flamboyantly touted but...still a dog turd.

Jewstin
4/23/2007, 11:27 PM
Sorry Jewstin - An elegantly conceived confection with an exquisite presentation, devilishly divine accessories, artistically influenced, flamboyantly touted but...still a dog turd.

*snaps fingers*
Awww, raspberries.

goingoneight
4/23/2007, 11:55 PM
You know what a bazillion dollars dumped into a tradition-weak football program equals?

Texas A&M... 'nuff said.

OUTrumpet
4/24/2007, 11:56 AM
the most powerful offense in the UNIVERSE...erse...erse..erse..

Well, didn't their defense cause a few turnovers in the spring game? And stop them a few times? And by Aggie logic, if their offense is the most POWERFUL OFFENSE in the WORLD! and their defense stopped it...doesn't that make their defense the most DOMINANT DEFENSE in the WORLD?!

AMIRITE?

Collier11
4/24/2007, 12:12 PM
This thread makes me realize the two reasons why I hate osu. They always think that they are better than they are, all they do is run their mouths like that annoying little red headed kid in middle school that always thought he was cool but always ended up with a bloody nose. Second is because they think that they will turn the corner tomorrow except that everyday is tomorrow for them. You will never be good at football, you arent good now. You have one decent season every decade and sadly that coupled with an occasional victory against us is all you need!

Collier11
4/24/2007, 12:14 PM
Oh yea, third...if we bring up facts it is osu bashing. NO that is the reality of the situation being thrown in your face. You can spend all the money you want but you will always be second rate in this state and this sport!