PDA

View Full Version : Cell Phones

Norman Sooner
4/19/2007, 12:10 PM
So my cell phone decided to die on me this morning and now i have to buy a new phone. Cingular is screwing me and there isnt anything i can do about it. I have to buy a new phone because im not elgible for an upgrade and i could pay $50 from my insurance deductible and get the same POS back. Does anyone know of any good places to buy cell phones that i can activate through Cingulars punk asses..i swear, it really sucks when your sister works for them and she says that they can give you an upgrade and then those little ****ers swear they cant.

yermom
4/19/2007, 12:21 PM
i bought an unlocked one on eBay

rufnek05
4/19/2007, 12:44 PM
ebay is nice. and i have a buddy that works at cingular so he just did something and bam, it works.

Gandalf_The_Grey
4/19/2007, 12:57 PM
Damm...first you lose your dog for a while...then you decide to get married, now your phone is the death...it sounds like someone needs to run away as fast as they can!!

yermom
4/19/2007, 01:01 PM
ebay is nice. and i have a buddy that works at cingular so he just did something and bam, it works.

with an unlocked phone you can just put your sim card in there

i have a buddy that convinced Cingular to unlock his phone so that he could use his T-Mobile sim card in it, i'm not all that clear on what it involved though

springs sooner
4/19/2007, 01:21 PM
Have you tried another Cingular location. I went to the main store and the manager told me i am not eligible and would have to pay full price. So i went to the mall location i originally got my phone at and that manager not only told i was eligible but i was listed as a vip for being with them for so long. I guess the other guy i was just going to buy a new phone with out checking. I only had to pay $35.00 for a new one. saved about $175.00

Norman Sooner
4/19/2007, 01:27 PM
Damm...first you lose your dog for a while...then you decide to get married, now your phone is the death...it sounds like someone needs to run away as fast as they can!!

Im telling you what, the crap just keeps on coming...

With the whole EBAY thing, when you guys bought yours, was it new and how long did the process take?

yermom
4/19/2007, 01:32 PM
mine was new, but it just depends on what the auction is for

as soon as you get it it should just take the SIM card

it just depends on how long the auction is for and how long it takes for them to ship the crap, etc...

sanantoniosooner
4/19/2007, 01:37 PM
Have you tried another Cingular location. I went to the main store and the manager told me i am not eligible and would have to pay full price. So i went to the mall location i originally got my phone at and that manager not only told i was eligible but i was listed as a vip for being with them for so long. I guess the other guy i was just going to buy a new phone with out checking. I only had to pay $35.00 for a new one. saved about $175.00
I agree. We've had the same situation with Cingular. One location can't do crap for you and another one kisses your behind.

mdklatt
4/26/2007, 12:25 AM
Speaking of Cingular, I'm looking at getting a Motorola V235 GoPhone. The thing that has me worried is that it's a refurb, and the warranty is only 90 days instead of 1 year. Anybody have any experience with used cell phones?

Ardmore_Sooner
4/26/2007, 12:31 AM
How long did you have this phone before it died?

Preservation Parcels
4/26/2007, 06:52 AM
We have 5 Verizon phones. 4 have broken. We've gotten two replacements on ebay. One wouldn't take a charge, so I had to return it. It took a little arm twisting to get the guy to refund the shipping charges both ways and send a different one. Two others were the kids' friends old phones. Both of the ones that had been sitting around for a while needed a replacement battery (Radio Shack).

Once each phone was in hand and charged up, I called Verizon. They were good about activating the replacement phones for no charge. It took about 10 minutes each time.