PDA

View Full Version : Any AZ Wildcat fans here?

Collier11
4/19/2007, 11:00 AM
I just had a few questions for you from a Sooner Fan!

OUMonster
4/19/2007, 11:48 AM
Went to grad school there '02-'04 so I'm a fan in many ways, but if you're looking for the die-hards try goazcats.com

SoonerStormchaser
4/19/2007, 11:54 AM
So long as Mike Stoops is their coach, pretty much all of us here are AzCat fans.

Collier11
4/19/2007, 11:56 AM
Im a fan cus of Coach Stoops, but basically I was just wondering what AZ fans think about Coach Stoops now. I hear some impatience from AZ fans but Stoops almost went to(should have) been in a bowl game last year, and the two previous years he had several games that they easily could have won with bad talent that would have given him a much better record, which shows in my mind that he knows what he is doing. Based on how absolutely horrible that situation was when Mackovic left, I just wonder where this impatience comes from or if that is just a small minorty. I personally think the guy is doing a great job! I feel like some forget how bad that program was left 4 years ago!

OU-HSV
4/19/2007, 01:46 PM
Im a fan cus of Coach Stoops, but basically I was just wondering what AZ fans think about Coach Stoops now. I hear some impatience from AZ fans but Stoops almost went to(should have) been in a bowl game last year, and the two previous years he had several games that they easily could have won with bad talent that would have given him a much better record, which shows in my mind that he knows what he is doing. Based on how absolutely horrible that situation was when Mackovic left, I just wonder where this impatience comes from or if that is just a small minorty. I personally think the guy is doing a great job! I feel like some forget how bad that program was left 4 years ago!
I wonder how much Bob's quick success at OU factors in on the impatience of some of the AZ fans that his brother Mike is having a little tougher of a time. I mean they're two different programs and two different coaches, so it's not really fair if some fans are critical of Mike because he hasn't raised they're program to the top just yet.

Collier11
4/19/2007, 02:19 PM
I dont know yet if Mike will be competing for league titles, only time will tell. But I think based on the job he has done that he is def. a better coach than anyone in the pac 10 minus carroll and tedford and maybe erickson

bluedogok
4/19/2007, 04:34 PM
Look how long it took Mack Brown to do well after Mackovic left and Illinois still is a mess. It will take longer than a couple of years to build a program with no (or very little) tradition up after you've been Mackovic'ed. If they are that impatient, then they are more delusional than Poke fans.

The_Red_Patriot
4/20/2007, 09:24 AM
I have heard this is the year for him. He finally has his offense and defense in place. This year will make or break him or atleast, thats what I hear coming out of AZ.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
4/20/2007, 11:39 AM
I know U of A fans hate OU as much as any program, but it's hard not to pull for them with Mike as their HC. Erickson at ASU is still a small question mark as a recruiter. His greatest success was a U Miami, but recruiting is pretty easy down there. I would think the U of A vs ASU game will be EXTREMELY big for Mike Stoops this year.

Collier11
4/20/2007, 11:45 AM
If mikey goes to a bowl game he stays. He should have been in a bowl game this year instead of oregon. That was total BS!

OU-HSV
4/20/2007, 04:11 PM
I know U of A fans hate OU as much as any program, but it's hard not to pull for them with Mike as their HC......
Why do they hate OU?

goingoneight
4/21/2007, 01:59 AM
So long as Mike Stoops is their coach, pretty much all of us here are AzCat fans.

Except the ones who want him fired so he'll come back and make us "intimidating again." :D

goingoneight
4/21/2007, 02:02 AM
Look how long it took Mack Brown to do well after Mackovic left and Illinois still is a mess. It will take longer than a couple of years to build a program with no (or very little) tradition up after you've been Mackovic'ed. If they are that impatient, then they are more delusional than Poke fans.
:stunned: but we gots fasilitees!

goingoneight
4/21/2007, 02:05 AM
If mikey goes to a bowl game he stays. He should have been in a bowl game this year instead of oregon. That was total BS!

The only justified thing that happened with Oregon this year was their "rewarded" bowl game turnout. Laugh if you will at OUr freak one-point, OT loss to BSU, you just got pwn3d in the Vegas Bowl. BCS anyone?

:les: OREGOWNED!!!