View Full Version : **2007 NBA Champeenship Playoffs**

Pages : [1] 2 3

colleyvillesooner
4/19/2007, 10:21 AM
Let's get it started...

West Champ: Dallas

East Champ: Detroit

Finals: Mavs in 6.

MVP: Dirk, although I think Nash could win it as well.

Upset of the Playoffs: Nuggets over Spurs.

sanantoniosooner
4/19/2007, 10:26 AM
counted chickens.......

haven't hatched......

Congrats on torpedoing your own team.

colleyvillesooner
4/19/2007, 10:33 AM
counted chickens.......

haven't hatched......

It's called a prediction. Yeah, the Mavs are sunk now that their beer drinking, couch sitting fan picked them to win the Championship he's been waiting 20+ years for.

sanantoniosooner
4/19/2007, 10:39 AM
It's called a prediction. Yeah, the Mavs are sunk now that their beer drinking, couch sitting fan picked them to win the CHapionship he's been waiting 20+ years for.
Glad you recognize it.:D

And I wouldn't worry that the Mavs haven't won a game against the GSW this season. As a Spurs fan we've lost season series to teams only to sweep them in the playoffs.

It is still a little scary though.:O

Beef
4/19/2007, 10:42 AM
I love the playoff start times. How are Dallas and Houston in the Pacific time zone and San Antonio is in the Central?

colleyvillesooner
4/19/2007, 10:42 AM
Glad you recognize it.:D

And I wouldn't worry that the Mavs haven't won a game against the GSW this season. As a Spurs fan we've lost season series to teams only to sweep them in the playoffs.

It is still a little scary though.:O

Yes, it is. Not many people would say they'd rather play a Kobe led team. :O

GrapevineSooner
4/19/2007, 10:43 AM
While we're on predictions, I fully expect the Stars to lose tonight.

There, I jinxed Vancouver.

colleyvillesooner
4/19/2007, 11:09 AM
I think Vancouver wins the Cup.

Suck it Canucks.

sanantoniosooner
4/19/2007, 11:12 AM
I think Vancouver wins the Cup.

Suck it Canucks.
Everybody know the jinx only works if you believe it in your heart.

colleyvillesooner
4/19/2007, 11:17 AM
Everybody know the jinx only works if you believe it in your heart.

Oh, I do. I ****ing love the Canucks.

sanantoniosooner
4/19/2007, 11:21 AM
You can't fool the sports god's.

colleyvillesooner
4/19/2007, 11:34 AM
I love the playoff start times. How are Dallas and Houston in the Pacific time zone and San Antonio is in the Central?

Yeah I don't like being the #1 seed in the League and playing at 8:30 then traveling and playing two days later two time zones away. Oh well, so it goes.

HoserSooner
4/19/2007, 01:45 PM
It's going to be weird up here with all the Leaf fans having to convert to Raptors fans for the next few weeks.

I wonder how much Vince will get booed in Toronto?

sanantoniosooner
4/19/2007, 01:48 PM
Toronto?

When did they get a team?;)

Scott D
4/19/2007, 02:38 PM
Yeah I don't like being the #1 seed in the League and playing at 8:30 then traveling and playing two days later two time zones away. Oh well, so it goes.

why do you think fans in Detroit keep hoping an eastern conference franchise moves to Houston/OKC/Portland/Albaturkey/Anywhere west of us in the NHL. :)

colleyvillesooner
4/19/2007, 02:40 PM
why do you think fans in Detroit keep hoping an eastern conference franchise moves to Houston/OKC/Portland/Albaturkey/Anywhere west of us in the NHL. :)

****, Just move the Stars to the east. Fine by me. Just like the Rangers. I really love having all 3 of our division foes two time zones away. Makes the away games unwatchable. ****es me off.

Scott D
4/19/2007, 02:43 PM
****, Just move the Stars to the east. Fine by me. Just like the Rangers. I really love having all 3 of our division foes two time zones away. Makes the away games unwatchable. ****es me off.

Try having to watch your team play road games 3 time zones away. Try doing that when it's a 10:30pm start in your zone and you have to be at work at 5am. :(

Sadly, I'm happy that we got Calgary since they're MTZ. A 2 hour difference is a picnic compared to playing @ Vancouver/California. I'd have much rather played either the Wild, Stars, or Thugadors though.

GrapevineSooner
4/19/2007, 03:14 PM

3 out of 4.

Except when we're in Daylight Savings Time. Then it's 4.

What ****es me off is that Phoenix is our closest divisional rival and they're almost 880 miles away.

Meanwhile in the Atlantic Division, the furthest any team has to travel is about 325 miles (distance between Long Island and Pittsburgh).

If only Gary Bettman had a set.

Scott D
4/19/2007, 03:17 PM
I think it was more to retain a rivalry than anything.

That being said, Vancouver and Dallas should have been in the opposite divisions.

HoserSooner
4/20/2007, 08:21 AM
Toronto?

When did they get a team?;)

Apparently just this year. :cool:

birddog
4/22/2007, 10:48 PM
mavs are getting all they can handle tonight. 76-74 warriors.

birddog
4/22/2007, 11:03 PM
84-79 gs with 4 mins to play.

GrapevineSooner
4/22/2007, 11:17 PM
Dear Mavs,

Do you want to win a championship or not?

Because that kind of sh***y defensive effort and sub-par offensive effort isn't going to get it done.

P.S. to Cuban,

Quit bitching about the officiating. Our team ought to be good enough that officiating shouldn't come into play.

sanantoniosooner
4/22/2007, 11:22 PM
Dear colleyvillesooner,

Thank you for your prediction;)
BTW......I'm well aware that the Spurs lost their game. I'm not worried about either of our teams at this point.

Sometimes an early wakeup call works to your favor.

GrapevineSooner
4/22/2007, 11:28 PM
;)
BTW......I'm well aware that the Spurs lost their game. I'm not worried about either of our teams at this point.

Sometimes an early wakeup call works to your favor.

Well, Nellie's team jumped on the Spurs in the 2003 Western Conference Finals and we all know how that series turned out.

Two years ago, the Spurs lost Game 1 at home and they went on to win four straight. We lost the first two at home and won it in 7.

Still, we're the top seed in the NBA. And we're deviating from the starting lineup before the series even starts?

I hope Dallas has Golden State's full attention now.

sanantoniosooner
4/22/2007, 11:33 PM
Yeah, you don't want to lose to an 8 seed at home in game one, but this isn't your typical match up.

Even Denver would likely be a 2 or 3 seed in the East.

Wake up calls are good...........provided you wake up.

bri
4/22/2007, 11:34 PM
Gah, that sucked.

JohnnyMack
4/23/2007, 10:01 AM
<snickers>

Mavs.

<heh>

sanantoniosooner
4/23/2007, 10:05 AM
bri bailed on that Mav avatar in record time :D

JohnnyMack
4/23/2007, 10:13 AM
I loathe the NBA in general, but a guy in my office is a huge Mavs fan, he's been talking about them all season. I can't wait to see him today.

colleyvillesooner
4/23/2007, 12:32 PM
How very Aggie of you.

sanantoniosooner
4/23/2007, 01:21 PM
How very Aggie of you.
Translation........

"Yeah, some punk did that to me also"

;)

JohnnyMack
4/23/2007, 02:03 PM
How very Aggie of you.

Don't hate.

I didn't go in his office and point and laugh, I'm not aggie like that. He came into my office moaning about how they weren't going past the first round and that they had no answer for GS. I didn't push the issue, I just watched. Kinda like rubbernecking at a car wreck.

Scott D
4/23/2007, 02:28 PM
Dear Mavs,

Do you want to win a championship or not?

Because that kind of sh***y defensive effort and sub-par offensive effort isn't going to get it done.

P.S. to Cuban,

Quit bitching about the officiating. Our team ought to be good enough that officiating shouldn't come into play.

seemed to me to just be an off night offensively. They still held Golden State to less than a bill. Even Nellie said that he was surprised how many shots the Mavs missed and how that they usually nail most of those. From the stats it seemed to be the fact that the Mavs couldn't hit a shot and Golden State was able to get long rebounds to run the break based on their 34 fast break points.

My mind and viewing was more concentrated on an important game 6 :)

GrapevineSooner
4/23/2007, 02:46 PM
My mind and viewing was more concentrated on an important game 6 :)

I don't blame you. :)

And how appropriate that Franzen potted the series winner.

colleyvillesooner
4/23/2007, 02:50 PM
Don't hate.

I didn't go in his office and point and laugh, I'm not aggie like that. He came into my office moaning about how they weren't going past the first round and that they had no answer for GS. I didn't push the issue, I just watched. Kinda like rubbernecking at a car wreck.

Tell him he's a ***** and to turn in his Mavs gear. 67 wins, and we have an off shooting night, and he's ready to call it a day. :mad:

Scott D
4/23/2007, 02:57 PM
I don't blame you. :)

And how appropriate that Franzen potted the series winner.

Indeed....now you guys need to take care of business up there in BC so that we can have a series that will have the games played at a decent hour. I really don't want to have to stay up late to see frickin San Jose games...especially since the Wild already screwed that up.

And Mav fans I wouldn't read too much into last night unless Dirk is going to continue to be wound too tightly and missing an ungodly amount of shots. Mav shots fall, they beat Golden State last night.

It was kinda scary to hear almost the exact same words come from Avery's mouth in the post game questions as the ones that Nellie said about 10 minutes earlier.

GrapevineSooner
4/25/2007, 09:08 PM
*sigh*

Bennett, the assclown's officiating tonight.

I hope the crowd keeps reminding him of "the call" all night long. ;)

bri
4/25/2007, 09:22 PM
bri bailed on that Mav avatar in record time :D

Actually, bri is rotating Mavs and Bulls avatars according to who is playing next. Win or lose, after this game I'll switch back to the Bulls av.

Also, I'll switch from my Mavs wallpaper to my Bulls wallpaper on my cell phone, and switch from my Mavs layout to my Bulls layout on my MySpace page. ;)

sanantoniosooner
4/25/2007, 09:27 PM
Actually, bri is rotating Mavs and Bulls avatars according to who is playing next. Win or lose, after this game I'll switch back to the Bulls av.

Also, I'll switch from my Mavs wallpaper to my Bulls wallpaper on my cell phone, and switch from my Mavs layout to my Bulls layout on my MySpace page. ;)
I figured that out earlier in the day when you switched back.

It just looked funny after the loss, and not knowing the intention.:D

bri
4/25/2007, 09:28 PM
Heh, yeah...I could see where that would be a natural assumption. :D

sanantoniosooner
4/25/2007, 09:31 PM
Golden State just got ripped off on an inbounds violation.

Odd call

GrapevineSooner
4/25/2007, 11:10 PM
Yes they did.

On that particular call.

A little later, Baron Davis elects for overdramatic theatrics after picking up one tech. Finally gets tossed by Bennett for sarcastically clapping too long on the sidelines.

Unlike Timmy from last week, I think Baron richly deserved this ejection.

GrapevineSooner
4/25/2007, 11:23 PM
Annnnnnnnd Stephen Jackson decides he's going to have an early shower.

For a team that's supposed to be very loose in this series, the Warriors seems to be losing their composure quite a bit tonight.

colleyvillesooner
4/25/2007, 11:27 PM
big time. The mavs got up big on them and they let it get to them. Momentum has taken a big swing tonight.

Jackson will be fined and may sit Game 3. He really let the ref have it.

jk the sooner fan
4/26/2007, 08:41 AM
we need to keep that momentum by winning game 3........if we dont, the series is on.....if we do,i think its all but over

the guys on the ticket this morning were talking about a player ( i didnt catch the name) that has a knee injury that allows him to play, but not much else

who?

jk the sooner fan
4/27/2007, 09:36 PM
the bulls look set with 2:20 left in the game to go up 3-0 over the Heat - which makes me REALLY HAPPY

Scott D
4/27/2007, 10:07 PM
12 minutes down, and there is one very angry 6' man in a suit.

GrapevineSooner
4/28/2007, 12:40 AM
we need to keep that momentum by winning game 3........if we dont, the series is on.....if we do,i think its all but over

the guys on the ticket this morning were talking about a player ( i didnt catch the name) that has a knee injury that allows him to play, but not much else

who?
Well, it's on now. :mad:

Way to try and ruin my vacation, Mavs.

Please, please, please win on Sunday. And the next time a Warrior drives the lane, don't be afraid to deliver a hard foul. I'd like to think you guys aren't soft, but...

Also, not using the game against Golden State in the next to last game of the regular season as a dress rehearsel for the playoffs (while also possibly knocking the Warriors out of the playoffs) is beginning to look like a big mistake.

sanantoniosooner
4/28/2007, 10:45 AM
counted chickens.......

haven't hatched......

:eek:

If I was a Dallas fan I'd be spamming CVS's PM box while he's out of town.;)

bri
4/28/2007, 10:58 AM
Meh, when the 8 seed effortlessly makes you their prison bitch...it's out of colley's hands. :D

sanantoniosooner
4/28/2007, 11:02 AM
Meh, when the 8 seed effortlessly makes you their prison bitch...it's out of colley's hands. :D
you underestimate the CVS jinx.;)

Nelley is in the Mavs heads. It blows me away to see the loss of composure.

jk the sooner fan
4/28/2007, 11:03 AM
they looked pretty bad, if the Mavs dont take the next 2 games, i'm officially worried........well, more worried than i am now

bri
4/28/2007, 11:05 AM
Heh...who do you think they are, the Heat? ;)

jk the sooner fan
4/28/2007, 11:06 AM
heh

might as well be, seems both are prime for being bounced out in the first round

i think the heat get a pass, because they'll turn Shaq into 10 years older than he really is, and Wade will be the shoulder injury martyr.

the Mavs will get ROASTED in the press if they lose this series

sanantoniosooner
4/28/2007, 11:08 AM
As I've previously stated, I wasn't concerned about losing the season series to the Warriors, but I guess it depends on why you lost the season series. Most of the time, when the Spurs have lost the season series to a lesser team it was just because the games weren't significant to the Spurs. In this case, it seems obvious that Nelson knows his old team and how to manipulate them.

If the Mavs get past this series, they might well win it all. But I'd say they don't have better than 50/50 of winning the series at this point. The next game will tell the story.

jk the sooner fan
4/28/2007, 11:14 AM
yeah but what year was it that the Spurs swept the Lakers in the regular season and then got taken out by that same team 0-4 in the playoffs?

it goes both ways

sanantoniosooner
4/28/2007, 11:15 AM
And the Spurs were the lesser team in that case.

That was part of a 3 in a row run for the Lakers. Not a shabby team.

Scott D
4/28/2007, 12:36 PM
heh

might as well be, seems both are prime for being bounced out in the first round

i think the heat get a pass, because they'll turn Shaq into 10 years older than he really is, and Wade will be the shoulder injury martyr.

the Mavs will get ROASTED in the press if they lose this series

it'll fall back on that apparent recent curse of busting your *** for best record in franchise history and best record in league to be a playoff disappointment.

Scott D
4/28/2007, 05:06 PM
Dear Dwight Howard,

I hope you enjoyed your first taste of playoff basketball. Tomorrow I hope to hear that Shaquille O'Neal can join you on fishing/law enforcement trips as of tomorrow evening.

Sincerely,
The NBA

GrapevineSooner
4/28/2007, 05:34 PM
they looked pretty bad, if the Mavs dont take the next 2 games, i'm officially worried........well, more worried than i am now

At this point, I'm hoping the Warriors shot their proverbial you-know-what in the last game.

It all starts on the defensive end of the floor. They've simply got to make Golden State work for every shot and play the passing lanes to force turnovers.

Seems to me that's how they generated most of their transition buckets in Game 2.

Scott D
4/28/2007, 10:19 PM
you know, the secret to beating Golden State is to um...make sure Baron Davis isn't playing.

bri
4/29/2007, 06:11 PM
http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20070429/capt.4c2e457f088f447b9ccc9ec5161c1ba5.bulls_heat_b asketball_aaa109.jpg

:D

BRING ON THE PISTONS!!!!

jk the sooner fan
4/29/2007, 06:27 PM
i have to temper my giddiness at this time simply because my own team is embroiled in a tough playoff matchup

if the Mavs were in complete control, i'd have plenty to say

but i'm happy on the inside, and thats what counts the most

bri
4/29/2007, 06:32 PM
Here's the exchange hurricane'bone and I had while watching the final moments of the Bulls' total victory over the Heat:

hb: Somewhere in that arena, there's a crying child. You know an ABC cameraman is scrambling to find the shot of the crying kid.
me: They already did. It was that shot of Antwoine Walker sitting on the bench.

I am happy panda. Now, if the Mavs can just remember that these games count, too, it should be a pleasant day. :D

tulsaoilerfan
4/29/2007, 08:53 PM
You mean the refs couldn't bail out Wade this time? I don't even like the NBA, but the fact that Pat Riley is out of the playoffs makes me all warm and fuzzy inside

garland sooner
4/30/2007, 12:04 AM
how is it that an average team seems to have the mavericks number? I don't understand. This is our year. Come on Mavs. Don't blow it!

sanantoniosooner
4/30/2007, 12:12 AM
Coach Nelson knows that squad like the back of his hand

That's how. Tonight, Stack was the only guy playing well, and he screwed up quite a bit also. He was the reason the Mavs were in the game and he's also the guy that kept making horrible passes and letting the Warriors back in.

Dirk hasn't helped that MVP thing out much.

bri
4/30/2007, 12:38 AM
Oh, he has...he's just helped Steve Nash's MVP thing. ;)

NormanPride
4/30/2007, 10:36 AM
The Mavs need a back-to-the-basket post game to slow the game down.

jk the sooner fan
4/30/2007, 10:39 AM
Oh, he has...he's just helped Steve Nash's MVP thing. ;)

i think the MVP voting was done before the playoffs started

Collier11
4/30/2007, 12:32 PM
IMO, and this may have already been said but I didnt feel like reading the other 3 pages...the Mavs are reverting back to their old style of no D and just trying to outscore the other team. Im not a Mavs fan and will never be, but they are in big trouble!

bri
4/30/2007, 12:33 PM
Actually, I've reversed my earlier opinion...I think Dirk's performance against Golden State should help cememt his status as the league's most valuable player. Nothing says "MVP" like getting pwned by an 8 seed when your game goes in the crapper.

Now, if it was the MOP, then he'd be sh*t outta luck...

jk the sooner fan
4/30/2007, 12:35 PM
i'm not basketball guru, so for those of you that are, correct me if i'm wrong......but if golden state plays on the run and fly like they do....would it be too much to put on some sort of press on the end line after a dallas score? if you slow them down getting the ball up the court......granted i know that breaking that press means that you're down a man at the other end.....but you've got to try something.......the # of layups in this series is at an all time high

bri
4/30/2007, 12:47 PM
Some pressure in the backcourt could slow them down in theory, but I don't think our guys have the defensive mindset needed to properly exectue. If you're a sieve in the frontcourt, spreading yourselves out over 94 feet probably isn't the answer. A return to simple, basic, fundamental transition defense would solve a LOT of problems, but guys are just too slow to turn their heads and locate the ball. You can't stop penetration if you don't know where it's coming from, and if you can't slow the ball on that initial attack, then you're dead in the water.

Almost as bad is Dallas' complete ineptitude at running their own fast break. We have the most selfish, head-in-the-sand bunch of ballhogs I've seen in years. Avery needs to kick their asses in practice until they've re-learned how to run a 2-on-1 or 3-on-1 break. (Hint: It DOESN'T involve taking the ball yourself from the timeline all the way to the hoop, allowing the defender to easily defend you while one to two teammates stand open on the other side of the lane, ready to score points for the team.

Gah.

jk the sooner fan
4/30/2007, 12:53 PM
completely agree

JohnnyMack
4/30/2007, 01:59 PM
The Mavs fan in my office has gone completely mute. I think he's in shock.

hurricane'bone
4/30/2007, 02:00 PM
This series has drained me to the point that I don't even want to watch game five.

This is a f'n Dead Man Walking game.

jk the sooner fan
4/30/2007, 02:04 PM
after the half court three pointer before half time last nite, i went to bed

i knew we couldnt beat that kind of kharma

sanantoniosooner
4/30/2007, 02:04 PM
This series has drained me to the point that I don't even want to watch game five.

This is a f'n Dead Man Walking game.
Last year the Spurs pushed the Mavs to a game 7 after being down 3-1.

Certainly the Mavs are capable. I just don't think Nelson will let it happen though.

jk the sooner fan
4/30/2007, 02:11 PM
hopefully dirk will reveal a shoulder injury worse than the one D-Wade suffered, and yet he played thru with it - thats the only way we'll be spared from getting roasted for a year in the press

bri
4/30/2007, 03:06 PM
Yeah, NOW Nellie can win a playoff series. :mad:

jk the sooner fan
4/30/2007, 03:18 PM
golden state will get swept by the Suns - mark it down

sanantoniosooner
4/30/2007, 03:20 PM
http://www.worldpeace.no/filer/White-Flag-Small.jpg

NormanPride
4/30/2007, 03:21 PM
It's not the transition D that's killing you, you're just not helping on D. Right now it breaks down like this: Davis drives the lane on Terry, who's outclassed on the defensive end, and nobody comes to take a charge or foul the ever-loving **** out of him so he thinks next time he goes in. If he kicks the ball out, the next player drives in and lays the ball in because the defense is too scared to move. Since the fouls haven't been THAT bad in this series, I have no idea why Dirk or Dampier haven't been muscling these guys around.

You need a post presence to slow the game down, you need to forget offensive rebounds until the game has slowed and get three guys back on D after a shot, and you need to freaking stand in the lane when one of their wild guards flies out of control in there. The refs HAVE been calling offensive fouls this playoffs, so freaking use it.

jk the sooner fan
4/30/2007, 03:23 PM
yeah i agree they are getting easy passes to the rim....they do need to be knocked on their *** everytime they come in.......that floor is hard for a reason

NormanPride
4/30/2007, 05:05 PM
...that floor is hard for a reason

:D I like that line.

sanantoniosooner
4/30/2007, 05:09 PM
:D I like that line.
You caught it after the edit.

Originally it said "that wood is hard for a reason"

NormanPride
4/30/2007, 05:24 PM
You caught it after the edit.

Originally it said "that wood is hard for a reason"

HEH

Ash
4/30/2007, 08:22 PM
It's not the transition D that's killing you, you're just not helping on D. Right now it breaks down like this: Davis drives the lane on Terry, who's outclassed on the defensive end, and nobody comes to take a charge or foul the ever-loving **** out of him so he thinks next time he goes in. If he kicks the ball out, the next player drives in and lays the ball in because the defense is too scared to move. Since the fouls haven't been THAT bad in this series, I have no idea why Dirk or Dampier haven't been muscling these guys around.

You need a post presence to slow the game down, you need to forget offensive rebounds until the game has slowed and get three guys back on D after a shot, and you need to freaking stand in the lane when one of their wild guards flies out of control in there. The refs HAVE been calling offensive fouls this playoffs, so freaking use it.

This is so depressingly true.

soonerhubs
4/30/2007, 09:33 PM
Houston Rockets = Home Cooking. The love from the Zebras down in Tejas is ridiculous.

Ash
4/30/2007, 10:04 PM
Robert Horry just got Najerowned.

sanantoniosooner
5/1/2007, 12:10 AM
Denver just got Horryowned

sanantoniosooner
5/1/2007, 08:14 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=2854688&campaign=rss&source=ESPNHeadlines

GrapevineSooner
5/1/2007, 08:27 AM
Yep.

Contrast that with what Steve Nash said last year.

Paraphasing:

"We'll congratulate Kobe and the Lakers on going up 3-1. But if we win Game 5, it changes the momentum in the series."

And it did. Kind of wish Dirk would have come out with that kind of outlook instead of being mopy Dirk.

We already have one mopy superstar here in Dallas when things don't go his way (Mike Modano). We don't need another.

NormanPride
5/1/2007, 09:45 AM
I'm waiting for Dirk to fumble the snap on the last shot of the game.

GrapevineSooner
5/1/2007, 10:22 AM
And then blame the ball for being too slick? ;)

NormanPride
5/1/2007, 10:35 AM
And then cry on the court with 1:50 left down by four like he's already lost. :D

jk the sooner fan
5/1/2007, 10:42 AM
ya'll are killin me! lol

Scott D
5/1/2007, 12:07 PM
Yep.

Contrast that with what Steve Nash said last year.

Paraphasing:

"We'll congratulate Kobe and the Lakers on going up 3-1. But if we win Game 5, it changes the momentum in the series."

And it did. Kind of wish Dirk would have come out with that kind of outlook instead of being mopy Dirk.

We already have one mopy superstar here in Dallas when things don't go his way (Mike Modano). We don't need another.

if I'm hearing a certain quote Dirk had before game 4 correctly, then Grapevine should be changing that avatar to long hair and lipstick. Clearly Dirk isn't the guy who wants the ball in crunch time to make the big shot. I know Stack has no problem with being 'that guy', but I don't think he has it in him no matter how much he wants to be.

Cuban's going to have to find himself someone who wants the ball at crunchtime and can hit a shot...and can bring some toughness to the Mavs.

Btw, what exactly was the point of signing Kevin Willis if he's never going to be in uniform?

GrapevineSooner
5/1/2007, 12:26 PM
I'll change it to this.

http://bp0.blogger.com/_TCdErEO7OCM/Rjc9gR0K73I/AAAAAAAAAGE/4YtdMkwHV9Y/s320/Mavs_logo_001.jpg

Beef
5/1/2007, 09:14 PM
I'm done with the local broadcast of the game. Channel 21 might want to quit showing 5 seconds of crowd shots after every made Mavs basket. Golden State has a tendency to do a lot (good and bad) right after made baskets. I hope TNT is better about this.

sanantoniosooner
5/1/2007, 09:17 PM
I'm watching the TNT broadcast.

Somebody told the Mavs there was a game tonight.

GrapevineSooner
5/1/2007, 09:24 PM
Well, if Golden State comes back to win this one, they can thank the Mavs for shooting themselves right out of the game.

Hey Mavs.

https://payperpost.com/opportunities/images/3002/diamondD.jpg

You might try driving the ball to one of these.

You'll either get an easy bucket or a trip to the foul line if you do it with consistency.

bri
5/1/2007, 10:01 PM
Wow, a 20-point lead whittled down to single digits by halftime...If the Warriors come out and land any kind of run to start the third, it's game over. :(

sanantoniosooner
5/1/2007, 10:05 PM
Down to 7. Wow.

jk the sooner fan
5/1/2007, 10:08 PM
do they ever miss 3 point shots? seriously, i'm wondering why the all star 3 point contest wasnt just a bunch of guys from golden state

GrapevineSooner
5/1/2007, 10:11 PM
When you leave them wide open like the Mavericks have.

Also, I've noticed that the Mavericks aren't taking very many charges while Golden State is.

sanantoniosooner
5/1/2007, 10:14 PM
a 5 on 3 break tends to leave a few shooters open.

sanantoniosooner
5/1/2007, 10:27 PM
Why didn't Terry just punch him in the nuts?

GrapevineSooner
5/1/2007, 10:53 PM
To whoever is guarding Golden State's players on the perimeter,

Don't play far off them. They know how to shoot the three.

jk the sooner fan
5/1/2007, 10:56 PM
they are freaking unconscious behind the 3pt line

GrapevineSooner
5/1/2007, 11:19 PM
We get a fast break the other way, ball gets knocked out of Terry's hands, they come back down and hit a three.

Unbelievable.

You can rest assured Avery won't rest his players going into the playoffs anymore. They lost their edge when he did that.

What's it going to take for us to win a title? :(

sanantoniosooner
5/1/2007, 11:22 PM
We get a fast break the other way, ball gets knocked out of Terry's hands, they come back down and hit a three.

Unbelievable.

You can rest assured Avery won't rest his players going into the playoffs anymore. They lost their edge when he did that.
This is more than that.

This isn't a typical 1/8 matchup. GS came into this game like OSU trying to ruin OU's season. And Nelly has voodoo hexed the Mavs.

totally bizarre searies.

GrapevineSooner
5/1/2007, 11:24 PM
Well, Dirk finally decided to show up for this game.

Let's hope it's not too little too late.

sanantoniosooner
5/1/2007, 11:25 PM
Well, Dirk finally decided to show up for this game.

Let's hope it's not too little too late.
he did the same thing last game at the end.

GrapevineSooner
5/1/2007, 11:36 PM
Words fail me at this point.

And now I have to wonder if the way this game ended just might do more damage to Golden State's psyche than getting blown tonight could have.

They had a 9 point lead with 4 minutes left.

And have failed to score a single point since then.

Ash
5/1/2007, 11:38 PM
Jackson ejected again.

I don't know, though, it seems that GS is in the Mavericks heads.

GrapevineSooner
5/1/2007, 11:42 PM
I think Dallas got Golden State's best punch. By no means does that mean that Dallas will win Game 6 for sure to get this back to Dallas for a Game 7. But shooting wise, I can't imagine it getting better than 15 three's.

That's just ridiculous.

Ash
5/1/2007, 11:45 PM
Golden State has been hitting three's at a ridiculous clip the whole series. I've been waiting for their shooting to cool down and it seemed to happen in the first quarter, then they got it going again.

bri
5/2/2007, 12:03 AM
I know we're still barely breathing, but the psychological edge is starting to swing. If we can withstand the incredible run that we should KNOW will be coming to start Game 6, if we can weather it and somehow win to force Game 7...I think Golden State folds. We've seen again tonight that they're undisciplined and have poor control of their emotions. Letting a 3-1 lead slip away into one do-or-die game...I don't know if they can handle that.

Ash
5/2/2007, 12:09 AM
If the Mavs play defense like they're capable, continue to get the ball out of B Davis' hands with the double teams, and sack up...they should have a great chance to win.

The defense has been horrible in this series, no help, no willingness to put themselves out on the line defensively, no stopping the ball...

GrapevineSooner
5/2/2007, 12:12 AM
Recipe for Game 6:

1. Get Devin to keep driving the hole. He seems to be the only Maverick with the quickness to break down the Warriors defense on a consistent basis

2. Shoot the ball 20 times, Dirk. You can take over games against this team.

3. Keep your center rotation to Diop, Dirk, and Austin.

4. Stack must continue to hit from the outside and drive the bucket to get to the line.

Ash
5/2/2007, 12:15 AM
Recipe for Game 6:

1. Get Devin to keep driving the hole. He seems to be the only Maverick with the quickness to break down the Warriors defense on a consistent basis

2. Shoot the ball 20 times, Dirk. You can take over games against this team.

3. Keep your center rotation to Diop, Dirk, and Austin.

4. Stack must continue to hit from the outside and drive the bucket to get to the line.

I agree. Getting to the basket and getting to the line is the key, not only for the obvious reasons but clearly GS gets rattled when they feel the refs aren't making the right calls. That will catch up to them.

NormanPride
5/2/2007, 10:05 AM
Mavs shot a better percentage for the game, the Warriors just jacked up 30+ threes. Dirk going to the line 15 times is what saved you in this game. Period. In the games you've won, Dirk has gone 10+ times (Stackhouse went 13 times in the first win) and Baron Davis has gone 4 or less.

Basically, pray the zebras like you for the remaining games. No wonder I hate watching the Mavs play.

jk the sooner fan
5/2/2007, 11:10 AM
does anybody think that at some point, the warriors 3 point % is going to take a nose dive?

god i hope its soon

bri
5/2/2007, 12:00 PM
My hope is that the Warriors take more pullup threes and fewer where they have their feet set and catch in rhythm to shoot. And also what Grapevine said; the refs hate Davis and Jackson at this point, and the feeling is mutual. It wouldn't take much to get one or both of them in foul trouble and/or ejected. :D

Scott D
5/2/2007, 12:03 PM
Yeah, Jackson's never been too popular with the refs, and his relatively short fuse doesn't help.

What got me from what little of the game I saw, was how Mr. Mohawk w/ lame tattoos didn't get at least one tech for being overly demonstrative when he made a play. Had his last name been Wallace instead of Barnes he'd have gotten T'd out of that game in a 5 minute span.

jk the sooner fan
5/2/2007, 12:12 PM
i cant stand davis on the court, but in fairness, he's pretty easy to listen to during post game interviews.....he's level headed, he pays respect to the opponent, doesnt say anything outrageous

william_brasky
5/2/2007, 10:59 PM
Phoenix Suns are rockin'.

When Nash, Marion, Barbosa, and Stoudemire get it going, it's so effin' fun to watch. They play very well as a team. They're always giving each other high fivers and pointing at someone for making a good play.

Ash
5/2/2007, 11:22 PM
Phoenix Suns are rockin'.

When Nash, Marion, Barbosa, and Stoudemire get it going, it's so effin' fun to watch. They play very well as a team. They're always giving each other high fivers and pointing at someone for making a good play.

Very true, the closest thing to "showtime" in quite some time.

NormanPride
5/3/2007, 09:38 AM
Yeah, not looking forward to playing them in the next round.

jk the sooner fan
5/3/2007, 09:42 AM
i dont think the suns are in the heads of the Mavs like the Warriors are

i actually worry about them less........granted I know they can beat us, but i think its an evenly matched series......and I'm not so sure that the Spurs dont take them out for us

Scott D
5/3/2007, 09:45 AM
The big question for Mav fans whether they get past Golden State or not is going to be how is Cuban going to address that sucking sound of his dollars going to waste at the center position.

Ash
5/3/2007, 09:50 AM
The big question for Mav fans whether they get past Golden State or not is going to be how is Cuban going to address that sucking sound of his dollars going to waste at the center position.

The problem is that he assembles teams as if it were in a fantasy league. That's let up a little bit recently, but I've always been a bit mystified about the Mav's acquisitions and trades.

jk the sooner fan
5/3/2007, 09:51 AM
there arent really very many "true" centers in the NBA these days, so i'm pretty sure he's not too worried about it

some teams just dont match up against their opponent well with the big lineup, so you adjust

dampier has a shoulder injury that he's been nursing as well....they've gone with the more athetic Diop who really isnt a true center either

Scott D
5/3/2007, 10:11 AM
I have a feeling the big man dynamic is going to be evolving back toward center dominated teams in the near future. With the emergence of Yao, and the coming in of Greg Oden, the 5 spot is getting a lot more talented quickly. Nellie's gimmick systems only work so far, as his career has shown.

GrapevineSooner
5/3/2007, 10:42 AM
Nellie's gimmick systems only work so far, as his career has shown.

Nellie's great at taking bad teams and turning them into playoff contenders and occasionally, playoff winners.

But like Cuban pointed out, he relishes the underdog role a little too much. Seems to be where his comfort zone lies.

bri
5/3/2007, 11:17 AM
I can't help but wonder what could have been if we had unleashed the power of Pops Mensah-Bonsu in these playoffs, for he is full of dunk and awesome...:D

jk the sooner fan
5/3/2007, 11:19 AM
i wondered the same thing last nite, why he isnt getting any playing time against golden state at least

bri
5/3/2007, 11:27 AM
I don't think he's active for the playoffs, which sucks because at the very least he gives us another big man to throw out there, and he's just hella cool.

GrapevineSooner
5/3/2007, 11:32 AM
Golden State would be mesmerized by the power of his awesome name.

jk the sooner fan
5/3/2007, 11:51 AM
its really a shame that Moose Mbenga got hurt, because i think he would have gotten enough playing time during the regular season to contribute a little time during the playoffs

apparently matt barnes has a hamstring injury and may not play tonite?

bri
5/3/2007, 11:56 AM
He probably got it tattooed and it's still a little sore.

jk the sooner fan
5/3/2007, 11:59 AM
speaking of tattoo's......im not trying to be all preachy against them...but it seems that EVERY SINGLE player in the league has at least 10 to 20 of them

is it a league requirement? and they wonder why the league has a thug image

bri
5/3/2007, 12:01 PM
My favorites are Marcus Camby's. They're so tiny and spaced out...you can tell he got them back when his arms weren't quite so pie-a-riffic.

Scott D
5/3/2007, 05:16 PM
the tattoos in the league aren't legit until I see someone with GoldenPalace.com on them.

Ash
5/3/2007, 11:20 PM
I'm not sure I've ever seen a team hit three's the way GS has been doing it during this series.

Ash
5/3/2007, 11:41 PM
The fact that Dallas is getting blown out by a gimpy GS squad is just sad.

GrapevineSooner
5/4/2007, 12:00 AM
Thank you, Dallas.

You've just freed me up for more Red Sox baseball this spring.

I'm through with this team. I cannot emotionally invest one more second on this group of chokers.

If Dirk wins the MVP and he has even a modicum of balls, he should just forward it over to his buddy in Phoenix on general principle. With tonight's performance, he's solidified his reputation as being a soft player.

sanantoniosooner
5/4/2007, 12:03 AM
I don't know what to say.

I'd love to joke, but there isn't anything funny about the butt whipping the Mavs have taken.

OSUAggie
5/4/2007, 12:05 AM
Go Mavs!

sanantoniosooner
5/4/2007, 12:11 AM
Let's get it started...

West Champ: Dallas

East Champ: Detroit

Finals: Mavs in 6.

MVP: Dirk, although I think Nash could win it as well.

Upset of the Playoffs: Nuggets over Spurs.

counted chickens.......

haven't hatched......

Not only did you bust a cap in your own team, you insured that the Spurs would come out smelling like a rose.

I owe you a Christmas card this year.

GrapevineSooner
5/4/2007, 12:15 AM
I don't know what to say.

I'd love to joke, but there isn't anything funny about the butt whipping the Mavs have taken.

Please!!!

Say something funny about this. Because you'll make me feel worse about it by...well...feeling sorry for us. ;)

If anyone needs me, I'll be filling up CVS' IM box with vulgar messages.

sanantoniosooner
5/4/2007, 12:17 AM
Please!!!

Say something funny about this. Because you'll make me feel worse about it by...well...feeling sorry for us. ;)

If anyone needs me, I'll be filling up CVS' IM box with vulgar messages.
This reminds me of Shanahan and Al Davis. You can guarantee that any Nelson team will come ready to war against Cuban from now on.

Ash
5/4/2007, 12:20 AM
If I could, I'd lay some serious vCash down that GS gets swept in the next round.

This was all about GS vendetta against the Mavs, soft D, and settling for jumpers...not to mention an MVP that disappeared...

william_brasky
5/4/2007, 12:21 AM
Dear Mavs,

http://www.johnberman.com/pics/funny/simpsons_nelson_haha2.jpg

Sincerely,
Brasky

william_brasky
5/4/2007, 12:22 AM
Avery Johnson on left, Don Nelson on right.

Bitch Stole My Series

http://image-cache.boostcruising.com/database/readersphotos/files/WiLL20050829170232funnyfile1.jpg

edit: to clarify, the bass on the stick = Mavs/Warriors playoff series

william_brasky
5/4/2007, 12:35 AM

You got to be joking SA.

I bet you peed your pants with joy.

Or you just peed your pants 'cause you cannot control your pee pee. :texan:

Because you're like that.

GrapevineSooner
5/4/2007, 12:36 AM
If I could, I'd lay some serious vCash down that GS gets swept in the next round.

This was all about GS vendetta against the Mavs, soft D, and settling for jumpers...not to mention an MVP that disappeared...
This team desperately needs a legitimate low post scoring presence.

Had Dallas had one at it's disposal in this series, I daresay they would have won this thing in five games.

But they don't.

Anyway, I've lost interest in the NBA now. If I had to pull for anyone to get a ring, though, it would not be this guy.

http://dominionpaper.ca/img/opinion/nash_web2.jpg

Not that he's done anything wrong per se. Just that when I think of players who have meant the most to the Dallas franchise, I think of this guy.

http://imagecache2.allposters.com/images/pic/PHO/AAFG040%7EMichael-Finley-Photofile-Posters.jpg

Even if he now plays for our rivals down I-35.

Go get your ring, Fin.

P.S. Thanks Brasky.

I feel better already.

sanantoniosooner
5/4/2007, 12:37 AM
You got to be joking SA.

I bet you peed your pants with joy.

Or you just peed your pants 'cause you cannot control your pee pee. :texan:

Because you're like that.
I'm trying to be nice. I got a lot of buddies around here that are Mav fans.

In spite of the fact that they hate my Spurs...................:O

sanantoniosooner
5/4/2007, 12:39 AM
Fin played like a man last night.

GrapevineSooner
5/4/2007, 12:43 AM
I don't hate the Spurs.

I might be annoyed by their whining from time to time. But they're a class organization that gives back to the community.

And in spite of his national reputation, Tim Duncan DOES have a personality. ;)

sanantoniosooner
5/4/2007, 12:45 AM
Sucked that the Mavs and Spurs met early last year.

Now it sucks that the Spurs and Suns meet early.

GSW VS Houston/Utah equal the suck

Beef
5/4/2007, 07:15 AM
I'm not nearly as angry as I thought I would be. I've been able to read the paper and watch Sportscenter. I think I am as much as fault for this loss as CVS. A buddy got us tickets to game 7. The last time he got us Game 7 tickets in advance was before game 6 of the Miami series. Oh well.

I think I'm rooting for San Antonio now. I can't decide on the East yet. I like Chicago and Detroit. We'll see.

sanantoniosooner
5/4/2007, 08:22 AM
There are some posts I could dig up from last season.......but I wont :D

jk the sooner fan
5/4/2007, 08:26 AM
i dont care who wins.....

NormanPride
5/4/2007, 10:11 AM
So we've got Suns/Spurs and Warriors/Rockets in the West, and Pistons/Bulls and Nets/Cavs in the East, right? Yes, I know the Rockets and Nets haven't won yet, but Utah can't win in Houston, and the Raptors suck.

What does three sweeps in the East say about the competition over there? What does a Warriors upset and a 7 game series in the West say about the competition here?

sanantoniosooner
5/4/2007, 10:28 AM
So we've got Suns/Spurs and Warriors/Rockets in the West, and Pistons/Bulls and Nets/Cavs in the East, right? Yes, I know the Rockets and Nets haven't won yet, but Utah can't win in Houston, and the Raptors suck.

What does three sweeps in the East say about the competition over there? What does a Warriors upset and a 7 game series in the West say about the competition here?
Not to mention the Nuggets weren't and easy kill in spite of the 4-1 series.

The West is deep. Unfortunately, that all takes a back seat if you get to the finals. The cream of the crop in the East is good. It just has a huge drop off after the top few. Or top one even.

NormanPride
5/4/2007, 01:34 PM
I don't think so, actually. Look at the past few years. Detroit beat LA after they blew their wad against us, and Miami was gifted the championship by the zebras.

Scott D
5/4/2007, 01:58 PM
I don't think so, actually. Look at the past few years. Detroit beat LA after they blew their wad against us, and Miami was gifted the championship by the zebras.

actually we beat LA because we know how to stop Kobe and make everyone on that team not named Shaq or Kobe a complete non-factor.

bri
5/4/2007, 02:48 PM
If Dallas had a "true low-post scoring presence," he'd never get the ball because everyone else would still be jacking up contested fadeaway threes.

william_brasky
5/4/2007, 03:03 PM
Dear Mavs,

http://www.johnberman.com/pics/funny/simpsons_nelson_haha2.jpg

Sincerely,
Brasky

1 negspek

william_brasky
5/4/2007, 03:03 PM
Avery Johnson on left, Don Nelson on right.

Bitch Stole My Series

http://image-cache.boostcruising.com/database/readersphotos/files/WiLL20050829170232funnyfile1.jpg

edit: to clarify, the bass on the stick = Mavs/Warriors playoff series

another negspek

:texan:

GrapevineSooner
5/4/2007, 03:04 PM
Wasn't from me, bro.

william_brasky
5/4/2007, 03:06 PM
Wasn't from me, bro.

oh, I probably deserve it. No big deal anyway.

I at least would like a negger to leave some sort of nasty comment.

Scott D
5/4/2007, 03:06 PM
Mavs should trade Dirk for the #1 pick ;)

william_brasky
5/4/2007, 03:09 PM
Mavs have to get someone who can take it to the hole, be it a big man or not.

Way too many jumpshots.

william_brasky
5/4/2007, 03:10 PM
ha ha. more negging.

Warriors rule, Mavs drool.

sanantoniosooner
5/4/2007, 03:13 PM
ha ha. more negging.

Warriors rule, Mavs drool.
at this point I would suggest the negging is for talking about the negging.

william_brasky
5/4/2007, 03:18 PM
I finally did receive a nasty comment.

It reads "nasty comment."

Nice.

NormanPride
5/4/2007, 04:48 PM
actually we beat LA because we know how to stop Kobe and make everyone on that team not named Shaq or Kobe a complete non-factor.

That LA team was not the LA team that spanked the Spurs the round before. Kobe missed shots he nailed without thinking, Shaq sat there like a lump and didn't help out, and the Mailman was hurt or sick or SOMETHING, because he was half the man he'd ever been on the court.

No disrespect to an incredible Detroit team, but the LA that beat us would have at least showed up to that series.

Collier11
5/4/2007, 05:20 PM
Detroit just played a style that wore on the Lakers. The Lakers were NOT the better team, they had the better talent but were NOT the better team. Kobe was missing those shots cus he had prince gaurding him, prince is 6'7'' and has a wing span of like 7'5'' or something crazy like that.

Scott D
5/5/2007, 09:16 AM
Detroit just played a style that wore on the Lakers. The Lakers were NOT the better team, they had the better talent but were NOT the better team. Kobe was missing those shots cus he had prince gaurding him, prince is 6'7'' and has a wing span of like 7'5'' or something crazy like that.

6'9" and 7'3"...but other than that, you're close.

Scott D
5/5/2007, 09:18 AM
That LA team was not the LA team that spanked the Spurs the round before. Kobe missed shots he nailed without thinking, Shaq sat there like a lump and didn't help out, and the Mailman was hurt or sick or SOMETHING, because he was half the man he'd ever been on the court.

No disrespect to an incredible Detroit team, but the LA that beat us would have at least showed up to that series.

negative....we unlike the rest of the league knew how to defend against that team. Shaq got his during the finals, the focus was on preventing everyone but Shaq from doing all that much. And if you look at the way the Pistons have played the Lakers since Shaq went to Miami, you'd see that generally speaking the Lakers have been lucky to score 80 points in a game against the Pistons while losing all of them.

bri
5/5/2007, 04:51 PM
Yeah, but you could say the same for every team that's played the Lakers since Shaq left. :D

Collier11
5/5/2007, 05:10 PM
6'9" and 7'3"...but other than that, you're close.

you get the point smart *ss!! Point made

Scott D
5/5/2007, 06:06 PM
Yeah, but you could say the same for every team that's played the Lakers since Shaq left. :D

heh....that's like saying we were a sprained ankle away from playing Dallas in the finals last year ;)

bri
5/5/2007, 06:23 PM
How To Beat The Lakers by Every Team In The NBA:

1) Let Kobe score 80 points.
2) Win 90-82.
3) Watch Kobe yell at Lamar Odom for scoring 2 points while he was distracted by a blonde college student in the fourth row.

Newbomb Turk
5/5/2007, 06:45 PM
gawd I would like to see the Bulls beat the Pistons. I hate Detroit.
Not looking good early on though.

bri
5/5/2007, 06:59 PM
Well, Deng is awesome as usual. They just need to take better care of the ball and not get ratteld by that goddamn steam whistle. :D

bri
5/5/2007, 08:00 PM
Let's see...who's in the game for the Bulls right now? Malik Allen, Chris Duhon...yep, we're tapping out.

Oh well, there's always Game 2. We only have to win one of the first two to steal homecourt. :D

Scott D
5/5/2007, 08:11 PM
gawd I would like to see the Bulls beat the Pistons. I hate Detroit.
Not looking good early on though.

:mad:

Scott D
5/5/2007, 08:12 PM
Let's see...who's in the game for the Bulls right now? Malik Allen, Chris Duhon...yep, we're tapping out.

Oh well, there's always Game 2. We only have to win one of the first two to steal homecourt. :D

not gonna happen if you keep fouling your way out of the game in the first half. ;)

Suerreal
5/5/2007, 11:22 PM
Well San Antonio will be the lone representative of the Lone Star State to advance to round 2.

If all goes well, they'll take it all. The roughest series for them will be the Round 2 matchup with the Phoenix Suns.

Go Spurs!

Scott D
5/5/2007, 11:38 PM
Houston got what I like to call...McGradyed.

sanantoniosooner
5/6/2007, 02:18 PM
I sure hope that stupid Crawford ejection doesn't end up making a difference in this series now. The Spurs still had an opportunity at home court advantage until that BS.

Newbomb Turk
5/6/2007, 04:45 PM
dang good game between the Spurs and Suns on right now.

sanantoniosooner
5/6/2007, 05:07 PM
Bad collision between Nash and Parker.

Awesome game. It's gonna suck for whatever team loses.

william_brasky
5/6/2007, 05:09 PM
I like both squads. This is a tough series for me.

Very fun to watch though. Good hoops.

sanantoniosooner
5/6/2007, 05:09 PM
Bell was on the line. Shouldn't have been a charge on Parker.

Newbomb Turk
5/6/2007, 05:13 PM
Bell was on the line. Shouldn't have been a charge on Parker.

home cookin.

sanantoniosooner
5/6/2007, 05:14 PM
I feel bad for Nash, but not too bad.

Newbomb Turk
5/6/2007, 05:15 PM
Phoenix needs a good cut-man in their corner. Can's stop the Nash schnoz from bleeding.

william_brasky
that nose looks horrible!!!

sanantoniosooner
And let me take a moment to gripe about the ESPN score at the bottom of the screen. They keep giving the Suns points when the Spurs score and they have to drop it and come back with a correction.

Newbomb Turk
5/6/2007, 05:16 PM
And let me take a moment to gripe about the ESPN score at the bottom of the screen. They keep giving the Suns points when the Spurs score and they have to drop it and come back with a correction.

home cookin. ;)

GrapevineSooner
5/6/2007, 07:56 PM
*cough* *cough*

Umm..

Go Spurs Go.

NormanPride
5/7/2007, 10:07 AM
I can't believe I missed this game to see Spiderman 3. Badger owes me big time.

sanantoniosooner
5/7/2007, 10:19 AM
I can't believe I missed this game to see Spiderman 3. Badger owes me big time.
http://www.fotosearch.com/comp/BDX/BDX101/bxp22740.jpg

jk the sooner fan
5/7/2007, 10:38 AM
phoenix is done in this series.......SA is just the team that can run step for step with the Suns, and play a little D when needed. Parker is going to wear Nash the EFF out!

and the thought of Utah and Golden State playing for a spot in the Western Conference Finals is just sickening

GrapevineSooner
5/7/2007, 10:46 AM
Once again, the NBA can't quite get it right as the actual Western Conference Finals is going to occur in Round 2 as opposed to Round 3.

They ought to reseed the teams after the first round. Just like the NHL does.

jk the sooner fan
5/7/2007, 10:49 AM
i think the reseeding rule change starts next year

sanantoniosooner
5/7/2007, 11:04 AM
Receding started about 15 years ago for me.

Scott D
5/7/2007, 12:06 PM
Once again, the NBA can't quite get it right as the actual Western Conference Finals is going to occur in Round 2 as opposed to Round 3.

They ought to reseed the teams after the first round. Just like the NHL does.

that's pretty much the argument people have about the East. That the Eastern Conference Finals are really Bulls/Pistons, and the Nets/Cavs are playing for who gets to lose the actual Conference Finals.

bri
5/7/2007, 05:29 PM
Speaking of Bulls/Pistons...

Chauncey Billups had his way early with Ben Gordon, who also seems to be a defensive liability against Rip Hamilton. Detroit's All-Star guards each scored 20, while Gordon had just seven points in part because he was called for two fouls in the first 2 1/2 minutes of the series.

"We're having a hard time finding somebody he can guard in the starting lineup,'' Skiles said. "He's got to address that and be able to guard somebody so that he doesn't get in foul trouble.''

So, to sum up:

Dear Ben Gordon,

You suck. Seriously, dude.

Signed,
Your Own Organization

bri
5/7/2007, 07:40 PM
*sigh*

Apparently, the Bulls' Game 2 strategy of "hey guys, try not to look retarded out there this time" isn't panning out.

Scott D
5/7/2007, 07:43 PM
I thought their strategy was "How to make Jason Maxiel look like more of a presence than Ben Wallace".

Skiles looks ready to burst a blood vessel.

bri
5/7/2007, 07:53 PM
I don't blame him.

I hate the cliche of "one year away", 'cause I think it's absolutely a cop-out...but these Bulls are at least one year away from being serious contenders. F*ck, it's 1988 all over again. ;)

Scott D
5/7/2007, 07:54 PM
Well what do you expect, as long as the Bulls rely on Andre Nachosonly, they aren't going to do well except in travelling ;)

bri
5/7/2007, 08:24 PM
Apparently, the Bulls' strategy for winning the East is to just wait until most of the Pistons reach mandatory retirement age next year. :D

Scott D
5/7/2007, 10:32 PM
I expect a better game out of the Bulls in Game 3. Granted they need to find an answer, since Billups is going to continue to abuse Gordon and Heinrich.

bri
5/7/2007, 11:31 PM
I think their answer is going to consist of "curl up in a ball and try not to get swept".

william_brasky
5/8/2007, 02:56 AM
A Mavs fan friend of mine sent me a link yesterday. With all the grief I gave him over the Warriors series, he thought I'd get a chuckle out of this, the Mavs' new logo:

http://frontburner.dmagazine.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/05/new-mavs-logo.jpg

Scott D
5/8/2007, 08:51 AM
that one is weak I prefer the one Grapevine posted http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1883282&postcount=101

GrapevineSooner
5/8/2007, 09:25 AM
Mine is much better. :D

NormanPride
5/8/2007, 09:33 AM
I really hope we make it past the Suns and the Warriors make it past the Jazz. One, because I freaking hate the Jazz, and two because we made the Warriors cry in the regular season. Cry like babies.

colleyvillesooner
5/8/2007, 10:27 AM

That is all.

Being on my honeymoon actually made it not so bad to suck like that. The whole team sucked and we're soft. I'm fine with it.

<GULP>

Go SPURS. **** the Suns.

And my prediction at the beginning of the thread was predicated on Dirk actually showing up for more than one game. :D

Scott D
5/8/2007, 10:28 AM
I really hope we make it past the Suns and the Warriors make it past the Jazz. One, because I freaking hate the Jazz, and two because we made the Warriors cry in the regular season. Cry like babies.

why do you want to make Lebron work for his title?

GrapevineSooner
5/8/2007, 10:36 AM

That is all.

Being on my honeymoon actually made it not so bad to suck like that. The whole team sucked and we're soft. I'm fine with it.

<GULP>

Go SPURS. **** the Suns.

And my prediction at the beginning of the thread was predicated on Dirk actually showing up for more than one game. :D

I still blame you. :D

Scott D
5/8/2007, 10:46 AM

That is all.

<GULP>

Go SPURS. **** the Suns.

there was your mistake. Assuming that Dirk was anything more than the http://movies.infinitecoolness.com/04/wizardofoz11.jpg

sanantoniosooner
5/8/2007, 11:22 AM
Good to see the human torpedo back.

So far, my prediction of you sinking the team has been the most accurate forecast of the playoffs.

sanantoniosooner
5/8/2007, 11:24 AM
And I have to side with Brasky's Mav logo. The extra pink offsets the lack of a braided ponytail and hat.

JMHO

GrapevineSooner
5/8/2007, 11:59 AM
Yes, but my logo blends a little bit of the old Mavs logo with the hat into the new logo.

sanantoniosooner
5/8/2007, 12:16 PM
Regardless of personal preference, they're both appropriate:D

Ash
5/8/2007, 09:41 PM
Cavs about to go up 2-0, think they can close this series out or does Jersey make it a series at home? I'd much rather see the Cavs go on.

NormanPride
5/9/2007, 09:14 AM
Spurs need to figure out how to get good offensive players against Nash. Letting Marion guard Parker was a bad idea.

GrapevineSooner
5/11/2007, 01:00 AM
Amare calls Spurs dirty (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=ApwWNlZ.fKdbWAcuPpoaRyC8vLYF?slug=ap-stoudemire-dirtyspurs&prov=ap&type=lgns).

"He kicked me purposely in the back of my Achilles'. I almost came down wrong and he almost caused an injury," Stoudemire said after Thursday's practice. "He's known for doing that. I just hope the NBA and the commissioner take a look at that because it's definitely a dirty play."

"I think the Spurs are a dirty team," he said. "I mean, (Manu) Ginobili during the regular season kneed me in the crotch on purpose. I just hope the league takes a look at it and cleans the game up a little bit."

"When I saw the replay and reviewed it three or four times, there was no doubt about it," he said. "It was a purpose kick to the Achilles' and he definitely tried to injure me."
Stoudemire's feelings were heightened by the fact that he missed all but three games last season while recovering from two knee surgeries.

"I was actually very, very, very upset," he said. "Me personally from last year, having to sit out the whole season because of injuries. And for a guy like Bruce Bowen, who is a two-time champion, he should have more class than that, should understand what it takes to be a professional."

Obviously, this isn't the first time Bowen's been accused of dirty play. But rather than pile on him, I'd just like to say I wish the Mavericks' play would elicit this kind of a response from their opponents.

And if the Suns have a problem with this kind of play, turn around and give Tim Duncan the same kind of treatment.

sanantoniosooner
5/11/2007, 07:32 AM
Whining about fouls by players does amuse me. Even when it's a Spur doing it.

How many times to you see a player like Amare go in for a dunk or layup and use the off hand to clear out opposing arms? Or jump shooters that flail an arm or leg for the expressed purpose of picking up the foul.

A reasonable portion of this can be attributed to Shaq's style of play. The idea that he could take some abuse because he deals it out has permeated the entire league. And there probably isn't any other league where "home cooking" is such a strong factor. Players fake getting fouled throughout the league and then whine when it becomes such a judgment call by the officials. Teams game plan to get fouls on specific players. And how often have fouls been called a "good hard foul"? The fine line between those and a "dirty" foul can be awful tough to distinguish at times.

Scott D
5/11/2007, 12:28 PM
Whining about fouls by players does amuse me. Even when it's a Spur doing it.

How many times to you see a player like Amare go in for a dunk or layup and use the off hand to clear out opposing arms? Or jump shooters that flail an arm or leg for the expressed purpose of picking up the foul.

A reasonable portion of this can be attributed to Shaq's style of play. The idea that he could take some abuse because he deals it out has permeated the entire league. And there probably isn't any other league where "home cooking" is such a strong factor. Players fake getting fouled throughout the league and then whine when it becomes such a judgment call by the officials. Teams game plan to get fouls on specific players. And how often have fouls been called a "good hard foul"? The fine line between those and a "dirty" foul can be awful tough to distinguish at times.

I don't believe in home cooking......mostly because the Pistons don't get any. It's sad but the free throw attempts were closer last night in Chicago than either game in Detroit. But with the way that the Bulls remind you of the Roy Williams Kansas teams when they are at the line, this apparently is a good strategy.

GrapevineSooner
5/11/2007, 02:19 PM
Will the Pistons lose a game before getting to the NBA Finals?

Scott D
5/11/2007, 02:23 PM
Hey, we aren't to the finals yet. Although personally I thought the most likely game we'd lose in this round would be Game 3. And for the first 30 minutes (game clock time) of the game last night it looked like that would be the case.

Last year's team wouldn't have come back from a 19 point 3rd quarter deficit to beat anyone. It's wierd to think that they are better defensively this year than last year. Not to mention we're paying Webber and Nazr less than 30% of what the Bulls are paying Ben Wallace.

sanantoniosooner
5/11/2007, 04:17 PM
I don't believe in home cooking......mostly because the Pistons don't get any. It's sad but the free throw attempts were closer last night in Chicago than either game in Detroit. But with the way that the Bulls remind you of the Roy Williams Kansas teams when they are at the line, this apparently is a good strategy.
The home cooking can be negated by having serious a-holes on your team like Wallace. If you lead the league in technicals, like he has done in the past, it destroys any good will you might have had.

colleyvillesooner
5/11/2007, 04:21 PM
The home cooking can be negated by having serious a-holes on your team like Wallace. If you lead the league in technicals, like he has done in the past, it destroys any good will you might have had.

So you're the a-hole of the SF.com team? ;)

sanantoniosooner
5/11/2007, 04:29 PM
So you're the a-hole of the SF.com team? ;)
Excellent observation from the Nancy Boy.

colleyvillesooner
5/11/2007, 04:39 PM
Nancy Boy?

Be careful, or I'll come live at your house scot free for 6 months and mooch off your food. ;)

Scott D
5/11/2007, 05:10 PM

*shrug* this series is just odd that way. I dispute the whole Rasheed being an a-hole thing...just as much as you'd dispute Bowen being a cheating a-hole.

Game 1 (-10)
Game 2 (-29)
Game 3 (-9)

The Bulls getting 52 free throws in game 2 was completely ridiculous. However it *was* the Bavetta crew, so that's pretty self explanatory.

sanantoniosooner
5/11/2007, 08:35 PM
When Bowen leads the league in techs we can compare the two.

Scott D
5/11/2007, 08:38 PM
When Rasheed is called a dirty player by more than 10 players we can compare the two.

sanantoniosooner
5/11/2007, 08:53 PM
We're discussing why you don't get the calls. This relates to the perception of the refs not competing players.

If you need me to make it more simple I can attempt it.