PDA

View Full Version : **2007 NBA Champeenship Playoffs**

Pages : 1 2 [3]

NormanPride
6/3/2007, 07:52 AM
Thoughts, Scott? I've never seen Detroit play worse. Why did Cleveland take you away from what you guys always do, offensively?

Scott D
6/3/2007, 07:54 AM
*shrug* I didn't watch anything since the game LAST sunday. My guess is that the size of Cleveland's guards were matchup issues from the beginning, and Lebron actually started to hit free throws.

That and colley cursed them at the beginning of the playoffs by picking them.

Ash
6/3/2007, 01:35 PM
*shrug* I didn't watch anything since the game LAST sunday. My guess is that the size of Cleveland's guards were matchup issues from the beginning, and Lebron actually started to hit free throws.

That and colley cursed them at the beginning of the playoffs by picking them.

Actually some guy named Boobie who used to wear baby**** orange killed your team...and the fact that Rasheed finally blew a gasket and Billups couldn't really find his shot. Detroit looked like they folded it with about 4 minutes to go...this wasn't your daddy's Pistons team.

GrapevineSooner
6/3/2007, 11:53 PM
CVS likes the Spurs in the Finals, BTW. :D

sanantoniosooner
6/4/2007, 08:03 AM
CVS likes the Spurs in the Finals, BTW. :D
He's faking it.

He may even think he wants the Spurs to win, but deep in his heart, with a game on the line, he'll be rooting for Lebron.

colleyvillesooner
6/4/2007, 09:13 AM
It's a good feeling to know that, outside of my team, I control the destiny of the NBA playoffs.

sanantoniosooner
6/7/2007, 08:02 PM
BUMP

Are ya'll ready for this? (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8fnaa-K18B4)

soonerhubs
6/7/2007, 10:03 PM
Best thing about the playoff finals: The Commercial of the construction workers jousting with tape measures. Every player on the Spurs I can tolerate except two, Robert "the lucky team jumper" Horie and Bruce "I'll break your ankle" Bowen. Basically it makes the Spurs a team no one outside of the San Antonio area will really like.

colleyvillesooner
6/7/2007, 10:11 PM
NBA's worst nightmare: Lebron tanking in the Finals. he'll turn it around but having an awful first game.

sanantoniosooner
6/7/2007, 10:13 PM
Oh how quickly we forget Karl "the elbow" Malone and John "moving screen" Stockton :D

Horry has been a big part of the championship teams he's won with. Houston, LA and San Antonio can all thank him for at least one.

soonerhubs
6/7/2007, 10:19 PM
I'm just trying to enjoy my sour grapes. :) Bowen still is the debil. ;)

Soonerus
6/7/2007, 11:02 PM
You think my "Cavs in 5" bet is in jeopardy ???

GrapevineSooner
6/11/2007, 09:44 AM
You think my "Cavs in 5" bet is in jeopardy ???

If you mean the Cavs will only play five games in this series, then no.

I'm not even sure it will get that far. I think, for the first time in their history, the Spurs sweep an NBA Finals.

colleyvillesooner
6/11/2007, 09:59 AM
Lebron gets 25 pts on 9-21 shooting and 7-11 for the stripe, including an air ball. AN AIR BALL!

I realized the Mavs completely collapsed last Finals, but at least we won 2 games and we're competitive in the others.

Spurs are just to good all around.

Scott D
6/11/2007, 11:46 AM
this playoff season has shown how matchups are more relevant than who the best teams are. That being said, San Antonio is a terrible matchup for the Cavs.

GrapevineSooner
6/11/2007, 12:09 PM
Lebron gets 25 pts on 9-21 shooting and 7-11 for the stripe, including an air ball. AN AIR BALL!

I realized the Mavs completely collapsed last Finals, but at least we won 2 games and we're competitive in the others.

Spurs are just to good all around.

Except for Game 4. ;)

Point well taken, though. You could at least, if you'e a Mavs fan, play What If in Games 3, 5, and 6.

Not so much if you're a Cavs fan.

sanantoniosooner
6/11/2007, 02:15 PM
this playoff season has shown how matchups are more relevant than who the best teams are. That being said, San Antonio is a terrible matchup for the Cavs.
San Antonio is a terrible matchup for most teams.

It's called being better.

colleyvillesooner
6/11/2007, 02:48 PM
There's that elitist attitude I was missing... :D

sanantoniosooner
6/11/2007, 04:57 PM
There's that elitist attitude I was missing... :D
I believe this whole thread started with an elitist attitude.

I'll have to do a search and see just who it was.

colleyvillesooner
6/11/2007, 05:23 PM
Predicting the Mavs to win their first title ever isn't elitist. Just a fan not afraid to put his prediction out there. Not many others did.

sanantoniosooner
6/11/2007, 05:36 PM
Let me get this straight.....

Predicting your team to win the championship before the playoffs even start isn't elitist,.......

but suggesting your team is better than most after they've reached the finals and dominated the first two games is elitist.

Is that about it?;)

colleyvillesooner
6/11/2007, 07:56 PM
Let me get this straight.....

Predicting your team to win the championship before the playoffs even start isn't elitist,.......

but suggesting your team is better than most after they've reached the finals and dominated the first two games is elitist.

Is that about it?;)

Must just be the smarmy voice I read Spurs fans posts in...

sanantoniosooner
6/11/2007, 08:26 PM
Must just be the smarmy voice I read Spurs fans posts in...
No problem.

That's to be expected with the stepchild complex of a Mav fan.:D

colleyvillesooner
6/11/2007, 10:15 PM
See, like that...:D

sanantoniosooner
6/11/2007, 10:19 PM
I can't believe this thread isn't thriving what with Dirk winning the MVP and all.

I heard an interesting stat today.

Only 1 team in the last 9 that went up 2-0 in the finals has lost.

Bodes well for the Spurs.

colleyvillesooner
6/12/2007, 06:14 AM
You're lucky I'm traveling today or you'd be dead. ;)

JK, pull away. :D

Rogue
6/12/2007, 08:18 PM
Isn't Robert Horry drawing Medicare yet?

sanantoniosooner
6/12/2007, 08:24 PM
Isn't Robert Horry drawing Medicare yet?
last game
9 rebounds
4 assists
5 blocks
5 points

Perfect role player

GrapevineSooner
6/13/2007, 12:05 AM
http://www.bradfitzpatrick.com/weblog/wp-content/files/fatladysinging.jpg

sanantoniosooner
6/13/2007, 07:19 AM
red X/fatladysinging.jpg

It's not over until the red X sings.

Beef
6/14/2007, 01:46 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GVf_7UYrliQ

sanantoniosooner
6/14/2007, 07:42 PM
dynasty.

sanantoniosooner
6/14/2007, 08:01 PM
So the Cavs play Darth Vader music as the Spurs are introduced.

I liked it.

What the heck is that mascot for the Cavs?

Scott D
6/14/2007, 08:08 PM
the Quicken Loan. ;)

Frozen Sooner
6/14/2007, 10:32 PM
Nice run by the Cavs to take the lead, then Cavalier coaching takes over...

"Hey, we've had a ton of success with LeBron driving the lane and wrapping to Donyell Marshall. Let's have him start setting up the offense at the top of the key or the elbow for a while."

Scott D
6/14/2007, 10:40 PM
ya know..it's the last game..it's apparent at this point...so when you commit a foul...try to knock manu the **** out.

Scott D
6/14/2007, 10:42 PM
oh, and Congrats to the Spurs for beating an opponent who was worse than an undermanned Knicks team, a ridiculous New Jersey team, and lest we forget the overmatched Philly team that got to play the Lakers.

sanantoniosooner
6/14/2007, 10:58 PM
oh, and Congrats to the Spurs for beating an opponent who was worse than an undermanned Knicks team, a ridiculous New Jersey team, and lest we forget the overmatched Philly team that got to play the Lakers.
ahem.

I'm proud of all of them, but the Detroit win was the best.

We can't help that the East sucks.

The Cavs were the worst team we played in the playoffs.

pb4ou
6/14/2007, 11:10 PM
woot!!!!!

GrapevineSooner
6/15/2007, 09:24 AM
I'm happy for Fin. And congrats to the rest of the Spurs.

But since you guys have won four, could you try and take off another year and let us win ONE here in Dallas? ;)

I mean, it's not your fault we blew it last year. But still...

Scott D
6/15/2007, 01:29 PM
ahem.

I'm proud of all of them, but the Detroit win was the best.

We can't help that the East sucks.

The Cavs were the worst team we played in the playoffs.

Hell I think the Cavs were the worst team WE played in the playoffs this year. This playoff season has probably been the biggest argument the NBA could have for why they needed to switch to reseeding each round.

Beef
6/15/2007, 01:34 PM
I've heard enough bad stuff about Fin from people in the service industry to not care that he's getting a ring.

A a player though, I'm almost happy for him. He's been a damn good player for a long time.

sanantoniosooner
6/15/2007, 06:25 PM
I'm happy for Fin. And congrats to the rest of the Spurs.

But since you guys have won four, could you try and take off another year and let us win ONE here in Dallas? ;)

I mean, it's not your fault we blew it last year. But still...
We took a year off last year and gave you a shot.

Lot of good it did you.;)

colleyvillesooner
6/16/2007, 02:46 AM
:mad:

NormanPride
6/18/2007, 11:41 AM
I watched the last two games in Jamaica with the sounds of the beach nearby. This was amazingly awesome.