PDA

View Full Version : Letter: massacre coverage all wrong

TUSooner
4/19/2007, 08:27 AM
Dear Editors:
The Times-Picayune, like the rest of the news media herd, has gotten the Virginia Tech massacre coverage totally wrong, as shown by your front page today (Thursday, April 19, 2007). A large eye-grabbing photograph of the depraved killer staring down the barrel of his gun, set alongside a big, bold quote from his final dark thoughts, is everything he could have dreamed of when he took the photo and planned the slaughter. Worse, it is everything the next mass killer is dreaming of. Meanwhile, the pure sacrifice of Prof. Liviu Librescu is literally on the back page. After the next unthinkable massacre, when you are wringing your hands with indignation and professed bewilderment over how it could have happened again, look in the mirror and know that you are doing your part to encourage these tormented souls to go out in the blaze of "glory" they crave.
Sincerely, [etc.]
I've GOT to go back to ignoring the news. :rolleyes:

Mjcpr
4/19/2007, 08:29 AM
Etc, that was a good letter.

jk the sooner fan
4/19/2007, 08:36 AM
they had a forensic psych guy from the fbi on good morning america that basically said the same thing, that the networks were wrong to give this guy any play at all, because the next loner out there is using this as an example

i agree with the letter

Chuck Bao
4/19/2007, 08:37 AM
I totally agree. Good letter!

And, those same pictures are probably on the front page of almost every major newspaper in every country in the world.

Hatfield
4/19/2007, 08:40 AM
I've GOT to go back to ignoring the news. :rolleyes:

with only reading the bolded part i can tell i agree completely.

it is disgusting how morally bankrupt of a culture we are. We honor the man responsible for this act while ignoring the victims.

disgusting.

and for nbc to act like they debated for hours whether or not to show the package is insulting. they were doing backflips because they knew they would dominate the ratings...which sadly they did.

jk the sooner fan
4/19/2007, 08:41 AM
with only reading the bolded part i can tell i agree completely.

it is disgusting how morally bankrupt of a culture we are. We honor the man responsible for this act while ignoring the victims.

disgusting.

and we'll look to blame everybody for the act BUT the man who did it

sanantoniosooner
4/19/2007, 08:43 AM
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070418/ap_on_re_us/virginia_tech_colorado;_ylt=AiW5Et1A9s3GUAIPxxzOAN tH2ocA

Student arrested over Va. Tech remarks

Wed Apr 18, 6:13 PM ET

BOULDER, Colo. - A University of Colorado student pleaded not guilty Wednesday to making comments that classmates deemed sympathetic toward the gunman blamed for killing 32 students and himself at Virginia Tech, authorities said.

During a class discussion Tuesday of Monday's massacre at Virginia Tech, Max Karson "made comments about understanding how someone could kill 32 people," university police Cmdr. Brad Wiesley said.

Several witnesses told investigators Karson, who turns 22 on Thursday, said he was "angry about all kinds of things from the fluorescent light bulbs to the unpainted walls, and it made him angry enough to kill people," according to a police report. Witnesses "said they were afraid of him and afraid to come to class with him," Wiesley said.

Karson, of Denver, was arrested Tuesday on a misdemeanor charge of interfering with staff, faculty or students of an education institution.

His father, Michael Karson, told the Camera newspaper that the comments may have been misinterpreted and questioned whether his son's free speech rights had been violated.

"I would have hoped that state officials would know their First Amendment better than they seem to," he said.

University spokesman Bronson Hilliard said privacy laws prevented him from releasing personal information about students.

At Oregon's Lewis & Clark College, another student was detained by campus police Wednesday shortly before a vigil for the Virginia Tech victims when he was spotted wearing an ammunition belt. Portland police later determined that it was "a fashion accessory" made of spent ammunition, and said the man did not have a weapon. The belt was confiscated.

yermom
4/19/2007, 08:43 AM
yeah, i was thinking about how they kept making it the "worst ______" in US history as the numbers of dead were climbing

it's like it's a challenge for the next one

picasso
4/19/2007, 10:28 AM
sensationalism. all the networks have gone overboard showing the dude's pics and videos. it borders on glorifying the guy.

yermom
4/19/2007, 10:32 AM
who did it should be a footnote

like TU said, Prof. Liviu Librescu should be the one plastered everywhere

TUSooner
4/19/2007, 10:35 AM
who did it should be a footnote

like TU said, Prof. Liviu Librescu should be the one plastered everywhere

My theory is that most news editors are really just high school sophomores.

Suerreal
4/19/2007, 10:36 AM
Excellent letter, TUSooner. I agree wholehheartedly. Thanks for writing it.

- Sue

crawfish
4/19/2007, 10:42 AM
Come on guys, it's the violent video games that's to blame. The press is just trying to get ratings, errr, be helpful...

Tailwind
4/19/2007, 10:46 AM
I totally agree with this letter. But....how many of us actually took the time to read the articles that went with the pics? May that crazy bastard burn in hell.

Boarder
4/19/2007, 10:56 AM
I have gone out of my way to avoid hearing about the shooter. I don't know his name. I turned my head when a picture came on the screen. I know he's Asian, that's it. I'd like to keep it this way. I think his name should never be mentioned again. Same with that Murrah Bombing guy. Same with all criminals. Never mention thier name. Give them no acknowledgement. Won't happen, I know, but I try to do it for myself.

OCUDad
4/19/2007, 10:56 AM
I agree with the letter and condemn the father's defense of his son's right to free speech. When did free speech extend to shouting "Fire!" in a crowded theater? Apologies to Oliver Wendell Holmes if I got the quote wrong.

soonerboomer93
4/19/2007, 11:01 AM
I kept refreshing msn everytime hoping the picture would go away, then I think I left it on fox sports for a bit.

Personally, the Koreans I know are very bothered and ashamed of what happened and who performed it. First thing when I got into the office on Thursday my co-worker told me he was ashamed when I asked him how he was. His wife even called to see if everything was ok once she found out what happened and who did it.

jk the sooner fan
4/19/2007, 11:13 AM
I kept refreshing msn everytime hoping the picture would go away, then I think I left it on fox sports for a bit.

Personally, the Koreans I know are very bothered and ashamed of what happened and who performed it. First thing when I got into the office on Thursday my co-worker told me he was ashamed when I asked him how he was. His wife even called to see if everything was ok once she found out what happened and who did it.

shame is a big deal in their culture isnt it?

Suerreal
4/19/2007, 11:14 AM
Several family members of victims have cancelled their planned interviews on NBC due to NBC's decision to publish the photos and rants of the killer.
Yahoo! News story (http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20070419/us_nm/usa_crime_shooting_nbc_dc_4)

- Sue

jk the sooner fan
4/19/2007, 11:16 AM
Several family members of victims have cancelled their planned interviews on NBC due to NBC's decision to publish the photos and rants of the killer.
Yahoo! News story (http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20070419/us_nm/usa_crime_shooting_nbc_dc_4)

- Sue

bravo for them! i hope all the rest do the same

but in fairness to NBC.......they shared the content with all the other networks and they've done the same thing

back in my old job, people left behind from suicides always wanted to see the letter ......i always told them "you really dont".......difficult to keep them from themselves, but some things are just better left alone

Hatfield
4/19/2007, 11:18 AM
here is a blog I wrote, that speaks to some of what TU is talking about:

With the recent tragedy at Virginia Tech, the coverage is a further example of how far adrift our moral compass is from sanity. Our voyeuristic nature has been heightened by the onslaught of 24 hour "news" (which could otherwise be called opinion/agenda driven infotainment)

Why do we honor the perpetrator of such a heinous act by fulfilling his last wishes by airing his pictures and videos? Why do we not honor the real heroes such as Professor Professor Liviu Librescul, the holocaust survivor who blocked the door to his classroom to save those students in his care, or the many victims of this senseless tragedy? Their story is meaningful and should be told.

We feel entitled to know every little detail, hopefully haunting and graphic, to satisfy our morbid curiosity. Then we want to hear that the offending individual is a "loner". This way he it is ok for our fascination, because he isn't one of "us", he is something different all together. When a loner acts we can all go back to feeling safe and secure knowing that it isn't us that are depraved, rather it is the one armed man (to steal from the fugitive).

It sickens me to see headlines such as "NBC debated for hours to whether to show the video"; "NBC had to make tough decisions…" Do they really think we are so ignorant as to believe that they struggled with this decision? That package was ratings gold mine and the only thing they may have struggle with as it relates to the airing was how sensational and over the top they wanted to produce it. They didn't have any problem adding their peacock logo to the picture of the jackass with his guns drawn…as if saying conveniently sponsored by your friends at NBC whether tact and class are second to well….everything else.

When an incident such as this occurs in an effort to keep up with the Jones's every station devoted every second to this. Every station taking time to say the exact same thing, with different inflection and forced sympathy, while ignoring news of staggering importance from across the global. Multiple deaths in Darfur, yesterday over 150 people killed in Iraq, etc. etc. etc.

This isn't to say that Darfur or Iraq are any more or less important that the situation in Blacksburg but they still deserve our attention. They deserve to be heard over/along with the spectacle that is our "news" taking advantage of a horrible situation to attain all that really matters to them…higher ratings.

We should expect better, we should demand better...but sadly it seems the majority are more concerned only with the suffering of others; the enjoyment gleaned from looking into the mind of a lunatic; and what is on the next reality tv show.

sanantoniosooner
4/19/2007, 11:19 AM
but in fairness to NBC.......they shared the content with all the other networks and they've done the same thing
Like that forensic guy said also, this stuff would get out some time some way anyway.

He said you'd want to keep it secret in a "perfect world" but it's just not realistic anymore. Better to get it out there now than have it open the wounds again in 6 months.

royalfan5
4/19/2007, 11:46 AM
It things like these, that lead me to get almost all my non-market oriented news from print sources. I can skip articles, and I think they are generally less obnoxious since they don't have 24 hours of air time to fill. Not that they are perfect, but two newspapers, and the Economist give me all the news I could possibly want.

SoonerStats
4/19/2007, 11:51 AM
Illustrated...

You're not doing anything wrong, it just I don't want to see that picture, sorry. - SB

How about this version...

http://www.soonerstats.com/images/temp/media_problem.jpg

TUSooner
4/19/2007, 12:04 PM
I have gone out of my way to avoid hearing about the shooter. I don't know his name. I turned my head when a picture came on the screen. I know he's Asian, that's it. I'd like to keep it this way. I think his name should never be mentioned again. Same with that Murrah Bombing guy. Same with all criminals. Never mention thier name. Give them no acknowledgement. Won't happen, I know, but I try to do it for myself.

My gut reaction is that his body should be defiled and desecrated --- something biblical or classical, like dragging it behind a chariot or leaving it out for dogs and birds to eat. His name and memory should be obliterated from national consciousness.

Boarder
4/19/2007, 12:07 PM
What did the professore guy do? Was he one that got shot?

dolemitesooner
4/19/2007, 12:11 PM
Maybe people should not have picked on the kid. I am not saying what he did was right, but some people should learn from this. Unforuntaly that wont happen and kids are going to continue to get killed in some way at schools beacuse people dont know when to stop.

yermom
4/19/2007, 12:17 PM
What did the professore guy do? Was he one that got shot?

http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=D8OIFQKG0&show_article=1

he blocked the door with his body allowing kids to escape through windows, getting mortally wounded in the process. he was 76 and a Holocaust survivor

TUSooner
4/19/2007, 12:17 PM
Like that forensic guy said also, this stuff would get out some time some way anyway.

He said you'd want to keep it secret in a "perfect world" but it's just not realistic anymore. Better to get it out there now than have it open the wounds again in 6 months.

You're right that "keeping it secret" may not be an option. But there are alternatives to suddenly and immediately sensationalizing the G-d d*mned P.o.S. by plastering his disgusting images all over everywhere. But NBC wouldn't get it's ratings bonanza by quietly releasing the information after the victims were buried and the nation's collective attention moved to the "next big thing." NBC's supposed moralizing is pure BS.
Hatfield has nailed it.

jk the sooner fan
4/19/2007, 12:23 PM
Maybe people should not have picked on the kid. I am not saying what he did was right, but some people should learn from this. Unforuntaly that wont happen and kids are going to continue to get killed in some way at schools beacuse people dont know when to stop.

not everybody that gets picked on has a classified mental illness...

i'm fairly certain, based on what i've read of this guy, that it wouldnt have mattered what anybody did....he had problems that went unnoticed......he had friends that tried to have some sort of positive influence, all for naught..

Gandalf_The_Grey
4/19/2007, 12:51 PM
My thing about the whole "boo Hoo...kids didnt treat me good" bull**** that we hear is that it is in fact total bull****. ALL the reports say that anytime anyone said ANYTHING to him, he grunted in a low voice and refused to speak to them. What are people supposed to do, just sit there and be like "I am not leaving until Cho smiles and gives me some conversation" This kid was a grade A physcho dumbass... This isn't the fault of movies, government, university, the kids, guns, or society on any level. This was one little kid who was a little loner piece of **** that NEVER made an effort to make any half way friends. Hell I don't even care if we ever find out that say Susan J. Rottencrotch turned his *** down or even that his uncle touched his little wee wee when he was 8 because neither justifies what he did. Go kill the uncle and I can say well the dickhead had it coming. But because you go and kill a bunch of kids that are tired, worn out, and just eagerly awaiting the end of another long semester is beyond heinous. The little **** thinks he is martyr or something and that makes me despise the little **** even more.

DoubleDown
4/19/2007, 12:56 PM
At the risk of being completely villified, do you think this information on the killer should have just been swept under the carpet? Personally, I think we as a society have the need to see the warning signs of such evil. Do I praise the decision to release this videotape and pictures? No. But I don't totally disagree with it as well.

MamaMia
4/19/2007, 01:05 PM
The media is just playing into the hands of these sick phychos by giving them so much attention. I wish we could go about honoring the victims and just ignore the killer.

TUSooner
4/19/2007, 01:11 PM
At the risk of being completely villified, do you think this information on the killer should have just been swept under the carpet? Personally, I think we as a society have the need to see the warning signs of such evil. Do I praise the decision to release this videotape and pictures? No. But I don't totally disagree with it as well.
I'll just run this idea by again:
There were alternatives to suddenly and immediately sensationalizing the killer by plastering his disgusting images all over everywhere. One would have been to wait until the victims were buried and then quietly release the images after the nation's notoriously short attention span was diverted to the next N-bomb controversy or whatever But NBC wouldn't get it's ratings bonanza by quietly releasing the information after the frenzy died down.
Point: There is a lot of space in between sensationalizing something and sweeping it under the rug.

dolemitesooner
4/19/2007, 01:19 PM
My thing about the whole "boo Hoo...kids didnt treat me good" bull**** that we hear is that it is in fact total bull****. ALL the reports say that anytime anyone said ANYTHING to him, he grunted in a low voice and refused to speak to them. What are people supposed to do, just sit there and be like "I am not leaving until Cho smiles and gives me some conversation" This kid was a grade A physcho dumbass... This isn't the fault of movies, government, university, the kids, guns, or society on any level. This was one little kid who was a little loner piece of **** that NEVER made an effort to make any half way friends. Hell I don't even care if we ever find out that say Susan J. Rottencrotch turned his *** down or even that his uncle touched his little wee wee when he was 8 because neither justifies what he did. Go kill the uncle and I can say well the dickhead had it coming. But because you go and kill a bunch of kids that are tired, worn out, and just eagerly awaiting the end of another long semester is beyond heinous. The little **** thinks he is martyr or something and that makes me despise the little **** even more.
You know what I am not dening he was a grade A dumb ***, but he was a product of his ****ing enviorment was he not, and don't give that **** about everytime someone talked him he blew them off every ****ing report is not in the **** you have read.

Rich ****ing little spoiled *** kids dont know when enough is enough and thats a ****ing fact.

The guy was ****ing sick, very sick all the warning signs were there and no one did **** about it. Thye just stood by and let it happen

Gandalf_The_Grey
4/19/2007, 01:20 PM
Well if they didn't release it immediately....there would a thread titled this morning "Why hasn't NBC released the tapes...who are they covering for?" And conspiracies would pop out of the wood works...so either way they look like *******s???

dolemitesooner
4/19/2007, 01:21 PM
I'll just run this idea by again:
There were alternatives to suddenly and immediately sensationalizing the killer by plastering his disgusting images all over everywhere. One would have been to wait until the victims were buried and then quietly release the images after the nation's notoriously short attention span was diverted to the next N-bomb controversy or whatever But NBC wouldn't get it's ratings bonanza by quietly releasing the information after the frenzy died down.
Point: There is a lot of space in between sensationalizing something and sweeping it under the rug.

**** that **** they are just rporting what was givin to them. People need to know why this ****ing idiot did what he did and maybe it can be stopped in the future

jk the sooner fan
4/19/2007, 01:22 PM
The guy was ****ing sick, very sick all the warning signs were there and no one did **** about it. Thye just stood by and let it happen

exactly what should they have done to stop it?

Gandalf_The_Grey
4/19/2007, 01:24 PM
My thing dolemite is that there is plenty of quite rational people such as yourself that would have totally agreed with him and he could have had a quite a large group of "**** those Rich Mother ****ers" friends. I am just saying a screw was loose and if it wasn't rich kids it would have been jews, christians, or some other group that didn't make him feel like a modern day Jesus Christ and he would have shot up their place.

dolemitesooner
4/19/2007, 01:28 PM
exactly what should they have done to stop it?
The kid said you had one billion chances......Listen I have seen kids like this. There was a kid at my ****ing High school that brought a shoot gun to school and was planning to use it. For students sake he was caught with it before it happen.

I saw this kid get picked on every ****ing day no one gave him the time of ****ing day. Hell even I picked on the kid. If one person maybe just one person set down and talked to the kid things could have changed and it sounds like he needed to be removed form the universty anyways. but professers just set on there ****ing hands and did nothing.

A) removed him from scholl.the kid was make kids drop classes and was removed himself.

B) Talk to the kid. Blah blha blah I dont belive this **** that he would not talk to no one there is someone he would open up too. **** he was proably would have talked to one of those girls who said "he was stalking them" they probaly didnt give he the time of day either.

Tear Down This Wall
Look, why does anyone even expect anything out of the media anymore? We know they're poorly educated sh*theads. NBC running the killer...CBS and Dan Rather inventing a letter about Bush's military service, then sticking by it like the f*cktards they are...FOXNEWS shilling fro the Right...CNN shilling for the Left...PBS doing a highbrow version of shilling for the Left....

Look, they've got dipsh*ts like Katie Courie doing hard news broadcasts. It's just nuts. It's so completely obvious that sensationalism and touchy-feely crap is the rule, that it pays off to just turn the whole damn thing off...or to start watching the Mexican channels with the half-dressed mamacitas. Seriously, I glean more from the world watching the Mexican Clay Cooley Motors Infomercials than I do from watching any of the network or cable newscasts.

sanantoniosooner
Dole is just feeling guilty because of how he treats Rus.

dolemitesooner
4/19/2007, 01:30 PM
My thing dolemite is that there is plenty of quite rational people such as yourself that would have totally agreed with him and he could have had a quite a large group of "**** those Rich Mother ****ers" friends. I am just saying a screw was loose and if it wasn't rich kids it would have been jews, christians, or some other group that didn't make him feel like a modern day Jesus Christ and he would have shot up their place.

THERE ARE MILLIONS OF ****ING PEPLE WITH THERE SCREWS LOSE RIGHT NOW . THEY ARE NOT SHOOTING PEOPLE

jk the sooner fan
4/19/2007, 01:30 PM
suffice it to say i disagree with you on quite a bit of that, but we'll just agree to disagree

dolemitesooner
4/19/2007, 01:31 PM
Dole is just feeling guilty because of how he treats Rus.

No ****ing rus asking for it. and instigates people to get it. He likes the attention

dolemitesooner
4/19/2007, 01:36 PM
suffice it to say i disagree with you on quite a bit of that, but we'll just agree to disagree
Cool.

Sorry Jk ....I want you and everyone else to understand that what happen was wrong and I feel for all of the people and familes that lost their lives.

This kid was sick.

But he was made that way. It sounds like it started when he was younger and it only continued.

The warning signs were there and no one did anything.

These shootings are going to contiune to happen every couple of years because no one ****ing cares about the people who go over the edge or why they were pushed over the edge. History repeats its self and there is a reason why and people need to recognize that and do somthing about it before this happens again. If you cant agree with that fact then something is worng with you.

Also ****ing gun laws are not the anwser these kids will find another way.

sanantoniosooner
4/19/2007, 01:41 PM
But he was made that way. It sounds like it started when he was younger and it only continued.

The warning signs were there and no one did anything.
I think it's a combination of internal wiring and external circumstances.

Some tried to do stuff about it and were unsuccessful. Teachers and administrators went to as much effort as they are allowed to help him and protect others.

jk the sooner fan
4/19/2007, 01:41 PM
But he was made that way.

i think you're making a huge assumption, without knowing one iota of his history and his full mental health records......none of us have any clue where this kid picked up his habit from

you're assuming based on his emotional statements......you even quoted his "billion chances" statement which is clearly a gross overexaggeration on Cho's part

until you know exactly what his diagnosis is, then you cant make statements like "he was made that way"

you're blaming his environment and the people around him for a large part of what happened, as if they were some protective barrier that failed

sorry, i dont buy that one bit - people get **** on every day in this world and they dont end up going out in a blaze of glory the way he did

TUSooner
4/19/2007, 01:42 PM
they are just rporting what was givin to them.
I'm talking about advertising and sensationalizing; that's not "reporting"

People need to know why this ****ing idiot did what he did and maybe it can be stopped in the future
People can know something without having it celebrated on every TV screen and newspaper front page .
Don't you even suspect that one of the reasons "why this ****ing idiot did what he did" -- planning a slaughter and putting together his little press kit -- was to get all this posthumous publicity for his miserable self-pity movement?
Helyah!
Maybe one small step toward preventing this stuff might be to let the future killers know that they won't be going out in a blaze of glory.

Gandalf_The_Grey
4/19/2007, 01:43 PM
THERE ARE MILLIONS OF ****ING PEPLE WITH THERE SCREWS LOSE RIGHT NOW . THEY ARE NOT SHOOTING PEOPLE

Yes but a large portion of them are Marines so they do in fact get to shoot people ;) But I do agree we are going to continue to have shootings because there is LOTS of *******s out there. I find that everyone is pretty cool once you get to know them except of course for SicEm ;)

yermom
4/19/2007, 01:44 PM
The kid said you had one billion chances......Listen I have seen kids like this. There was a kid at my ****ing High school that brought a shoot gun to school and was planning to use it. For students sake he was caught with it before it happen.

I saw this kid get picked on every ****ing day no one gave him the time of ****ing day. Hell even I picked on the kid. If one person maybe just one person set down and talked to the kid things could have changed and it sounds like he needed to be removed form the universty anyways. but professers just set on there ****ing hands and did nothing.

A) removed him from scholl.the kid was make kids drop classes and was removed himself.

B) Talk to the kid. Blah blha blah I dont belive this **** that he would not talk to no one there is someone he would open up too. **** he was proably would have talked to one of those girls who said "he was stalking them" they probaly didnt give he the time of day either.

he was sent to counseling, hospitalized, removed from classes, etc...

until he shoots people, what are you going to do?

i will agree to a point that things might have been handled differently, i mean someone writes ****ed up stories in creative writing, maybe they are just using that as an outlet. look at the ****ed up **** in movies, someone had to write that ****, a lot of it is worse than the crap he was writing...

of course, they are also saying he was an ******* and disrupting class, was this before or after they had problems with his material?

i'm just thinking what happens if Stephen King or someone was in a class like that? wasn't Hitler a rejected artist?

sanantoniosooner
4/19/2007, 01:46 PM
wasn't Hitler a rejected artist?
all artists are "misunderstood".

Crap.......I've always felt like an artist with no skills :)

jk the sooner fan
4/19/2007, 01:46 PM
should we have locked up the writer of "natural born killers?"

dolemitesooner
4/19/2007, 01:49 PM
sorry, i dont buy that one bit - people get **** on every day in this world and they dont end up going out in a blaze of glory the way he did
Because he was sick in his ****ing head jk ...You dont **** with crazy people

Gandalf_The_Grey
4/19/2007, 01:49 PM
Yes but only for exposing the secrets in that Docu-Drama JFK!!! DAMM YOU OLIVER STONE!!!

Yes I know Oliver Stone didn't write it ;) but that wouldn't be as funny ;)

dolemitesooner
4/19/2007, 01:50 PM
Yes but a large portion of them are Marines so they do in fact get to shoot people ;) But I do agree we are going to continue to have shootings because there is LOTS of *******s out there. I find that everyone is pretty cool once you get to know them except of course for SicEm ;)
:D Sicem ...lol

dolemitesooner
4/19/2007, 01:50 PM
i think you're making a huge assumption, without knowing one iota of his history and his full mental health records......none of us have any clue where this kid picked up his habit from

you're assuming based on his emotional statements......you even quoted his "billion chances" statement which is clearly a gross overexaggeration on Cho's part

until you know exactly what his diagnosis is, then you cant make statements like "he was made that way"

you're blaming his environment and the people around him for a large part of what happened, as if they were some protective barrier that failed

I think you are making a huge assumption.

Your one of the people who think everyone is born the way they are and he was bron to do this blah blah blha there is nothing we could do

So your saying there was nothing we could do to stop this

sanantoniosooner
4/19/2007, 01:52 PM
let's don't get started calling each other assumers.........

dolemitesooner
4/19/2007, 01:53 PM
he was sent to counseling, hospitalized, removed from classes, etc...

until he shoots people, what are you going to do?

i will agree to a point that things might have been handled differently, i mean someone writes ****ed up stories in creative writing, maybe they are just using that as an outlet. look at the ****ed up **** in movies, someone had to write that ****, a lot of it is worse than the crap he was writing...

of course, they are also saying he was an ******* and disrupting class, was this before or after they had problems with his material?

i'm just thinking what happens if Stephen King or someone was in a class like that? wasn't Hitler a rejected artist?
At least you agree with me in part.....but yoyur right its not easy to handle and I dont have the ****ing answers but there is a ****ing answer. the reason I post on this ****ing site is because I dont know it

dolemitesooner
4/19/2007, 01:55 PM
let's don't get started calling each other assumers.........
Well its bull**** to say there is nothing people could do.

I am just assuming people cou.ld have hleped this kid.

The reason its an assumption is because everything is already set into motion by jk's god ...EVRTHING IS ALREADY GOING TO TAKE PLACE ...YOU CANT STOP ANYTHING WE ARE ALL DOMMED WE ARE LIVING IN AN AGE OF SIN AND MISJUSTICE AND THIS IS ROME AND WE ARE ALL GOING TO die

sanantoniosooner
4/19/2007, 01:58 PM
Well its bull**** to say there is nothing people could do.

I am just assuming people cou.ld have hleped this kid.

The reason its an assumption is because everything is already set into motion by jk's god ...EVRTHING IS ALREADY GOING TO TAKE PLACE ...YOU CANT STOP ANYTHING WE ARE ALL DOMMED WE ARE LIVING IN AN AGE OF SIN AND MISJUSTICE AND THIS IS ROME AND WE ARE ALL GOING TO die
Well, I was joking, but thanks for the reply.

Excuse me while I go alert the authorities of your whereabouts. ;)

dolemitesooner
4/19/2007, 01:59 PM
Well, I was joking, but thanks for the reply.

Excuse me while I go alert the authorities of your whereabouts. ;)
This was pointed at jk not you....I know you were joking

sanantoniosooner
4/19/2007, 02:00 PM
This was pointed at jk not you....I know you were joking
just so you know, jk and I have the same God.;)

Gandalf_The_Grey
4/19/2007, 02:00 PM
Dolemite....do you have any guns ;) and for that matter does SicEm...cuz he has to crack one day!!!

dolemitesooner
4/19/2007, 02:01 PM
all we can do is pray lets pray people. god will stop this from happening again.

dolemitesooner
4/19/2007, 02:02 PM
Dolemite....do you have any guns ;) and for that matter does SicEm...cuz he has to crack one day!!!
LOL.....no:( :P

By the way I am just carzy ....there is a differance between crazy and bat**** crazyy...:confused: I think

sanantoniosooner
4/19/2007, 02:02 PM
LOL.....no:( :P

By the way I am just carzy ....there is a differance between crazy and bat**** crazyy...:confused: I think
let's hope you don't get promoted.

royalfan5
4/19/2007, 02:03 PM
As long as there are people there are going to be massacres from time to time. It just the way **** works.

dolemitesooner
4/19/2007, 02:04 PM
let's hope you don't get promoted.
:D

Gandalf_The_Grey
4/19/2007, 02:04 PM
People don't promote Minorities and Doleo is of the Reverse Oreo descent...White on the outside..black on the inside ;)

Suerreal
4/19/2007, 02:08 PM
The NY Times used to (and may still) use the slogan all the news that's fit to print. What was broadcast/published should not have been , at least not at the time and setting (prime time news, front page photo splash) chosen.

There's a difference between need to know and curiosity.

There's a difference between respecting the feelings of those directly affected and sweeping things under a rug.

When films of beheadings were available on the internet, US networks did not air them. The information was there, for people to see if they chose to, but not put right in front of their eyes where they would onot be expecting it.

Give this time immediately after the shootings to the families and classmates and friends of the victims to mourn without inflicting more pain upon them by glorifying the killer and fulfilling his sick fantasies.

Quietly release the information later on a website where people who, for whatever reason, want to see this, can do so. As was done with some 9/11 information, allow family members to see the pictures and read the rants before the public if they choose to do so. There should be no ads, no commercialization of the site with the possible exception of places to donate money for memorials or places where acquaintances of the victims can post their condolences to the families.

Just my thoughts...

- Sue

JohnnyMack
4/19/2007, 02:08 PM
People don't promote Minorities and Doleo is of the Reverse Oreo descent...White on the outside..black on the inside ;)

http://www.junkfoodblog.com/uploaded_images/christie-winter-white-oreo.jpg

dolemitesooner
4/19/2007, 02:14 PM
i AM AN OREO

BlondeSoonerGirl
4/19/2007, 02:14 PM
And you look deelishus.

dolemitesooner
4/19/2007, 02:19 PM
http://www.junkfoodblog.com/uploaded_images/christie-winter-white-oreo.jpg
they do look good

jk the sooner fan
4/19/2007, 02:24 PM
I think you are making a huge assumption.

Your one of the people who think everyone is born the way they are and he was bron to do this blah blah blha there is nothing we could do

So your saying there was nothing we could do to stop this

you've got serious reading comprehension problems

dolemitesooner
4/19/2007, 02:25 PM
you've got serious reading comprehension problems
your right.....Who I said it your RIGHT:D

Suerreal
4/19/2007, 02:26 PM
Back on topic...

FOX has pulled the video, and other networks are limiting what is available.
Yahoo! story (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070419/ap_en_tv/virginia_tech_nbc_13)
We have been heard.

- Sue

jk the sooner fan
4/19/2007, 02:27 PM
and you've been button pushing for the pure sport of it for 2 pages now

dolemitesooner
4/19/2007, 02:33 PM
and you've been button pushing for the pure sport of it for 2 pages now
ok your only 50% right there jk.....I really beive everthign I have said I fill bad for both the victims and this idiot.

so since your 50% right your wrong bitch ...ahahaahah spek:D

dolemitesooner
4/19/2007, 02:34 PM
If there was a medl for button pushing I would wint hat ****

BlondeSoonerGirl
4/19/2007, 02:34 PM
Is that name-calling?

I can't tell....

dolemitesooner
4/19/2007, 02:35 PM
That you would even question banning me I hate you now BOENCUEYE..i AM CALLING YOU bEONCYE

dolemitesooner
4/19/2007, 02:37 PM
Have I hijaked this thread yet

BlondeSoonerGirl
4/19/2007, 02:37 PM
opH i DoN'T QWEStioN BanNig U - u TeRD.

dolemitesooner
4/19/2007, 02:40 PM
**** i AM TRYING TO Ge3t abanned what do i have to doo ...ARRGGGGHHHHHHHH

sanantoniosooner
4/19/2007, 02:43 PM
I'll send you a PM.

dolemitesooner
4/19/2007, 02:48 PM
still waiting

sanantoniosooner
4/19/2007, 02:49 PM
still waiting
Read your spek dude.

My ways for getting banned are patented. You cant use them without paying a royalty.

BlondeSoonerGirl
4/19/2007, 02:57 PM

Just for that...I ain't banning you.

You'll just have to go sit in the corner and pretend you're banned.

http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/images/icons/icon15.gif

dolemitesooner
4/19/2007, 02:59 PM
Just for that...I ain't banning you.

You'll just have to go sit in the corner and pretend you're banned.

http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/images/icons/icon15.gif
**** **** DAMN

dolemitesooner
4/19/2007, 03:00 PM
wierd things are happening with my account

BlondeSoonerGirl
4/19/2007, 03:00 PM
:les: HAHAHAHAHAHAha111won///one///wun!!!!!!!

dolemitesooner
4/19/2007, 03:04 PM
wtf

dolemitesooner
4/19/2007, 03:06 PM
this is ****ing gay

dolemitesooner
4/19/2007, 03:07 PM
everytime I click on something it ****ing brings u) another page and **** logged oof wtf

Scott D
4/19/2007, 03:07 PM
you are the expert on being ****ing gay :D

Boarder
4/19/2007, 04:41 PM
It's not like any of use can add a single hour to our life by worrying. Our lives may be demanded of us this very night. All you can do is be prepared for it by living like it may be the last day. Bad things happen.