PDA

View Full Version : 13th flag

SteelClip49
4/18/2007, 11:52 PM
You know before the football game starts, all the Big XII school flags are represented on the field. I think having the VT flag out there would also be a good idea this season. There is never too much we can do to show our support and every idea counts.

picasso
4/19/2007, 12:03 AM
maybe a moment of silence or something but I don't think we should go overboard with symbolic gestures here.

no offense.

GottaHavePride
4/19/2007, 12:16 AM
Yeah. I mean, as much as I'm behind all the outpourings of support for VaTech right now, football season doesn't start for another four months. And adding another flag to pre-game is a HUGE effort, from the expense of getting another flag made, and another pole for the flag, completely re-writing pregame to accommodate the extra flag girl on the field, and so on and so on.

Plus - again, not trying to sound like a heartless bastard here - I don't really think VaTech's flag has a place in pregame of a Big XII conference game. Especially not four months removed from the tragedy. At that point people are trying to move on, students at VaTech will be trying to start a new school year without dwelling too much on what happened. (Side note: how do you ask kids to go have classes iin all those rooms where people were shot? Man. Talk about a tough situation. Has VTech resumed classes?)

I think a moment of silence would be sufficient - anything else should really be left for Virginia Tech to take the lead, IMO.

OklahomaTuba
4/19/2007, 12:18 AM
We should have a moment of silence for the visiting team.

yermom
4/19/2007, 01:04 AM
Yeah. I mean, as much as I'm behind all the outpourings of support for VaTech right now, football season doesn't start for another four months. And adding another flag to pre-game is a HUGE effort, from the expense of getting another flag made, and another pole for the flag, completely re-writing pregame to accommodate the extra flag girl on the field, and so on and so on.

Plus - again, not trying to sound like a heartless bastard here - I don't really think VaTech's flag has a place in pregame of a Big XII conference game. Especially not four months removed from the tragedy. At that point people are trying to move on, students at VaTech will be trying to start a new school year without dwelling too much on what happened. (Side note: how do you ask kids to go have classes iin all those rooms where people were shot? Man. Talk about a tough situation. Has VTech resumed classes?)

I think a moment of silence would be sufficient - anything else should really be left for Virginia Tech to take the lead, IMO.

it seems like they cancelled all classes the rest of the week and won't use that building at least for the rest of the semester