PDA

View Full Version : hmmm,....weird

jk the sooner fan
4/18/2007, 06:20 PM
i visit this website (http://www.militarycity.com/valor/honor.html) occasionally to read the names and stories....i have a few friends over there, so its my morbid way of keeping up with who's still around......and now with JK2 over there....

well anyway, so i saw this name (http://www.militarycity.com/valor/2690297.html) and it just really hit me

santee is a small family name...not very many of us in the world, and while i have no idea who this kid is...still tough to see that name on that page

one other thing, i realize i probably overstay my welcome on posting about the kid being over there, but this is my only place to vent - so i appreciate everything

yermom
4/18/2007, 06:28 PM
hey, the kid's posted on here

talk all you want man

tell him to get his *** back here in one piece

C&CDean
4/18/2007, 06:29 PM
Dude, I'm gonna be honest. You posting about your kid is by FAR your best work on this board.

OUHOMER
4/18/2007, 06:52 PM
Please keep news coming. I know this is going to sound weird, but it seems for us(me) that doesn't have anybody over there, it keeps this thing real. Seems just watching the news now it’s to easy to get desensitized.

I know that may sound weird, but hey I am a weird guy sometimes. I don’t know how to explain it. But it helps me pay attention to what our fearless leaders are doing or not doing to get this thing over with.

There is no way I can even come close to what you and your family go thru everyday. I worry when my son crosses the street.

So vent away.

jk the sooner fan
4/18/2007, 06:54 PM
i totally understand what you're saying.....him being there changed it all for me as well

sanantoniosooner
4/18/2007, 07:00 PM
i totally understand what you're saying.....him being there changed it all for me as well
I know what you are talking about.

I've been real honest about my son and even myself. There's even one or two that probably think I'm BSing for some attention.

I'll be honest I've asked for prayer more here than I do with my own church people. Partly because of pride around there, and partly because I limit who I ask around there to people I know will take it serious.

Frozen Sooner
4/18/2007, 07:06 PM
jk, you any relation to Jack? As in Jack Santee Lounge?

Oh, yeah, and don't worry about posting about your kid. I think I speak for all the admins/mods in that we all respect the fact that jk2 is serving and are glad you feel like you can share your burdens on that with everyone here.

jk the sooner fan
4/18/2007, 07:10 PM
jk, you any relation to Jack? As in Jack Santee Lounge?

Oh, yeah, and don't worry about posting about your kid. I think I speak for all the admins/mods in that we all respect the fact that jk2 is serving and are glad you feel like you can share your burdens on that with everyone here.

thanks, and yes....distantly related to Jack

yermom
4/18/2007, 07:10 PM
heh, i've wondered about the lounge as well :D

sooner_born_1960
4/18/2007, 07:16 PM
I think jk answered that a couple years(?) ago. I believe there is a relationship. Am I wrong?

sanantoniosooner
4/18/2007, 07:18 PM
I think jk answered that a couple years(?) ago. I believe there is a relationship. Am I wrong?
he answered it a couple posts ago:D

jk the sooner fan
4/18/2007, 07:19 PM
there is a connection, albeit distantly .....both of our ancestors settled in the okmulgee/muskogee area

OUDoc
4/18/2007, 09:05 PM
I think jk once said he's distantly related.

Again, jk2 stories anytime, jk.

soonerboomer93
4/18/2007, 09:15 PM
i'll be honest, I have no problems hearing JK2 stories. Frankly, it's good to know he's safe

sanantoniosooner
4/18/2007, 09:17 PM
Nobody has said they're cool with my gall bladder talk

36 hours and counting.:(

OCUDad
4/18/2007, 09:19 PM
Political differences are nothing compared to the shared concern for our kids and pride in their accomplishments. I enjoy hearing about jk2 and hope to hear more until he comes home safely - and even afterward.

OUDoc
4/18/2007, 09:25 PM
Nobody has said they're cool with my gall bladder talk

36 hours and counting.:(
I hope your gallbladder gives everything its got.

Vaevictis
4/18/2007, 09:51 PM
one other thing, i realize i probably overstay my welcome on posting about the kid being over there, but this is my only place to vent - so i appreciate everything

I'm interested in hearing about it, and even if I wasn't, I wouldn't begrudge you for it.

I doubt anyone does, and frankly, I don't care if they do. Nor should you.

Frozen Sooner
4/18/2007, 09:57 PM
I'm interested in hearing about it, and even if I wasn't, I wouldn't begrudge you for it.

I doubt anyone does, and frankly, I don't care if they do. Nor should you.

In fact, I think Vaevictus and I agree:

Anyone who gets upset about you posting about jk2 is either insane or unintelligent. And possibly a sociopath.

Vaevictis
4/18/2007, 10:02 PM
In fact, I think Vaevictus and I agree:

Anyone who gets upset about you posting about jk2 is either insane or unintelligent. And possibly a sociopath.

I thought that was clearly understood and wasn't worth mentioning. But I guess it doesn't hurt, just in case.

Vaevictis
4/18/2007, 10:07 PM
And actually, I would put forth that I think it's probable that they are both insane and unintelligent. And possibly a sociopath.

Tailwind
4/18/2007, 10:32 PM
I, too, am very interested in hearing about JK2...and he is uppermost in my thoughts and prayers,as well as all his brothers ans sisters in arms.

Sooner in Tampa
4/19/2007, 05:55 AM
God Speed to JK2...and too you too JK. He is a noble and brave young man, as are all of our troops.
I agree that getting updates is good for so many of us, it really does it bring "home" for many who otherwise unaffected by the war.

Semper Fi

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
4/19/2007, 06:51 AM
Thanks for the updates. I know it helps you, and it also helps us keep our tabs on him. We've seen him grow up!

All I know is that I wish Al Gore had invented the internet before the 91 Gulf War. My brother was over there and it was always days or weeks between phone calls or letters. I'm glad there is a better way for family members to keep in touch with their loved ones even though I know it is hell to be worried all the time.

Okla-homey
4/19/2007, 07:11 AM
When he rotates home, you two should take some leave and go chill here...

http://www.santeetourism.com/

Hnag in there man.

jk the sooner fan
4/19/2007, 07:13 AM
When he rotates home, you two should take some leave and go chill here...

http://www.santeetourism.com/

Hnag in there man.

funny story about that place.....years ago, we took a trip from New Jersey to Orlando.....JK2 used to get carsick as a little kid, and we had to stop on the I-95 bridge over the Santee so he could blow chunks

sanantoniosooner
4/19/2007, 07:34 AM
funny story about that place.....years ago, we took a trip from New Jersey to Orlando.....JK2 used to get carsick as a little kid, and we had to stop on the I-95 bridge over the Santee so he could blow chunks
There is something wrong about that jk.

jk the sooner fan
4/19/2007, 07:36 AM
well, chunks wasnt our dogs name.....so you know