PDA

View Full Version : Report: Two shot near University of Missouri

colleyvillesooner
4/18/2007, 04:29 PM
Per breaking news banner on MSNBC.com

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/18169776/?GT1=9246

Update: SNBC.com has already taken the banner down. In a rush to be first, they got the story wrong. See local story below:
http://www.ksdk.com/news/news_article.aspx?storyid=117275

After an exchange of gunfire between cars, one of the cars was stopped by police near Reactor Field at the University of Missouri - Columbia. Officials say the shooting happened a few miles south of campus.

The Columbia Missourian newspaper reported that two people had been shot, though there was conflicting information.Advertisement

KOMU-TV reported that neighbors heard a barrage of gunfire in the South Ridge neighborhood.

Rock Bridge High School was locked down for 20 minutes, ending at 3:20 p.m. The university campus was not locked down.

Officials say everyone involved in the shooting appears to be in custody. It does not appear that any shots were fired near Reactor Field when police stopped one of the cars.

University officials issued this statement via e-mail to students:

"This is a notification from University of Missouri-Columbia Police that a shooting occurred in the proximity of Grindstone Parkway and Bearfield Road earlier this afternoon in southeast Columbia. Both cars involved in the shooting have been located. In response to those who have made inquiries, the shooting did not occur on campus. The Columbia Police Department is in charge of the case."

soonerscuba
4/18/2007, 04:31 PM
I hope that it isn't a copycat.

olevetonahill
4/18/2007, 04:38 PM
Gun control aint the answer . Nut control is .
Kinda like thos pervs that want to rape and kill kids . quit letting em off with lite sentences till they whack out an kill someone .
Lock thier asses up NOW . And keep em locked up . :mad:

OUHOMER
4/18/2007, 04:40 PM
i think I better start buying me some guns now!!!!!

olevetonahill
4/18/2007, 04:43 PM
i think I better start buying me some guns now!!!!!
Yup
I dont have all I want ,But i have all I need . :D

Sooner24
4/18/2007, 04:49 PM
Gun control aint the answer . Nut control is .
Kinda like thos pervs that want to rape and kill kids . quit letting em off with lite sentences till they whack out an kill someone .
Lock thier asses up NOW . And keep em locked up . :mad:

The ones that always get me are the people that have been arrested 10 times for drunk driving and end up killing someone because they aren't locked up.

opksooner
4/18/2007, 04:51 PM
Someone disses you? Pop a cap in their ***.

It's the American way. :(

yermom
4/18/2007, 04:52 PM
sounds like this has nothing to do with anything

any gunshots fired in the next week are going to be on the news :D

olevetonahill
4/18/2007, 04:57 PM
The ones that always get me are the people that have been arrested 10 times for drunk driving and end up killing someone because they aren't locked up.
Yup I know a guy who has 12 of em . His cous is the assistant chief of police . He still drives , :eek: