Sanjaya is singing "Boot Scootin' Boogie" made famous by Brooks & Dunn.:eek:

Just saying.

yermom
4/18/2007, 05:37 AM
i hope that freak wins :D

Okla-homey
4/18/2007, 05:49 AM
i hope that freak wins :D

It would be a telling commentary on American popular culture if 40 million people voted and he was their choice.

yermom
4/18/2007, 06:47 AM
the thing is, it's not that 40 million people vote

it's that 40 freaks vote a million times

Newbomb Turk
4/18/2007, 07:02 AM
once again, he was worst.

Jordan, Melinda and Phil were the best.

swardboy
4/18/2007, 07:38 AM
once again, he was worst.

Jordan, Melinda and Phil were the best.

You nailed it. Phil has found his genre if you ask me, in country-fied singin'. And Jordan blows us away every week...17 yrs. old!:eek:

Mjcpr
4/18/2007, 07:51 AM
What the hell happened to Lakisha? She was neck and neck (no pun intended) with Melinda at first, but the last few weeks have been meh.

Okla-homey
4/18/2007, 07:58 AM
What the hell happened to Lakisha? She was neck and neck (no pun intended) with Melinda at first, but the last few weeks have been meh.

I think its because we all enjoy hearing a "big girl" belt out a song, but that is not the way to achieve broad popular appeal. That said, I have yet to account for the Ruben Studdard phenomenon. I think it was a fluke.

jk the sooner fan
4/18/2007, 08:17 AM
i think Lakisha could be in trouble tonite

picasso
4/18/2007, 08:59 AM
It would be a telling commentary on American popular culture if 40 million people voted and he was their choice.
there's plenty of evidence about our culture without the help of AI.

JohnnyMack
4/18/2007, 09:19 AM
AI Right Now

1. Melinda - of course she's leading, she's a professional singer.
2. Blake - not the best voice, may be the best performer.
3. LaKisha - fading, fast.
4. Jordan - moments of brilliance, but very raw.
5. Phil - at this point he's happy to still be around.
6. Chris - in over his head.
7. Sanjaya - Howzit and 1tc's favorite singer, they call me every time he's on.

Rhino
4/18/2007, 10:55 AM
I think Chris was actually as bad as Sanjaya last night.

Blake, Phil & Chris will be in the bottom three. Phil or Chris goes home.

Sanjaya keeps marching to the final four.

Osce0la
4/18/2007, 11:01 AM
I think its because we all enjoy hearing a "big girl" belt out a song, but that is not the way to achieve broad popular appeal. That said, I have yet to account for the Ruben Studdard phenomenon. I think it was a fluke.
I'll break it down for you...Here in Alabama, people have no lives. There is nothing to do here (especially in Birmingham) so people have nothing better to do than constantly vote for American Idol. That explains Ruben and Bo. I didn't think Taylor had a chance last year, but somehow Birmingham got a third finalist (and second winner) on the show...again, Alabama people = absolutely no life.

jk the sooner fan
4/18/2007, 11:01 AM

Sanjaya keeps marching to the final four.

according to mrs jk who skims over the AI message boards, Blake has a HUGE fan base...he'll probably be safe

i'd agree with you on the other two, but I'd put Lakesha in the bottom 3 with the other two

I_SMELL_FEAR
4/18/2007, 11:05 AM
My hopes is that Sanjaya wins, and that will lead to the end of American Idol. Last year was bad, Sanjaya MIGHT just seal the deal. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Mjcpr
4/18/2007, 11:07 AM
My hopes is that Sanjaya wins, and that will lead to the end of American Idol. Last year was bad, Sanjaya MIGHT just seal the deal. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Me, I just wouldn't watch it.

Osce0la
4/18/2007, 11:09 AM
Sanjaya winning won't end American Idol...it will still be one of Fox's hottest shows - credibility or not (not that they have it now, but whatever).

jk the sooner fan
4/18/2007, 11:12 AM
suckjaya is only around because the group as a whole just isnt as strong as last years or moreso the year before.......he'll be gone before the finals

i too dont get those who hate the show and try to bring it down.......just dont frickin watch it

I_SMELL_FEAR
4/18/2007, 11:21 AM
Oh I dont watch it...my wife watches it every freakin time its on tv, which is like 4 times a week...so I have to go watch tv in the bedroom, then she cranks the volume of the TV because I have the bedroom TV on..the bedroom tv wont go very loud so I have to sit and listen to that crap over the bedroom tv...

The only time I watch any of it is when we eat supper late, and she has it on while we eat, which accounts for maybe 10 minutes per week of viewing.

I just hate a show that is so pompous to assume that it should be on every night of the week. Take your one night, and then buzz off and make room for dancing with the stars, or cooking with a hothead, or date a millionaire....

Blue
4/18/2007, 11:28 AM
I'll break it down for you...Here in Alabama, people have no lives. There is nothing to do here (especially in Birmingham) so people have nothing better to do than constantly vote for American Idol. That explains Ruben and Bo. I didn't think Taylor had a chance last year, but somehow Birmingham got a third finalist (and second winner) on the show...again, Alabama people = absolutely no life.

http://z.about.com/d/politicalhumor/1/0/F/_/bush_flipping_finger.jpg

yermom
4/18/2007, 11:35 AM
suckjaya is only around because the group as a whole just isnt as strong as last years or moreso the year before.......he'll be gone before the finals

i too dont get those who hate the show and try to bring it down.......just dont frickin watch it

you can't just not watch it, it's on 8 times a week and idiots won't stop talking about it. i might have seen 10 seconds of this season by accident yesterday.

at least if Suckjaya wins people will either shut up about it, or be ****ed off

either way i'm happy :D

sanantoniosooner
4/18/2007, 11:52 AM
Complaining about AI reminds me of complaining about WAYLT theads.

proud gonzo
4/18/2007, 12:42 PM

Sanjaya keeps marching to the final four.Yeah, I think Chris has a very limited range of things he sings well. otherwise he just sounds nasal and bad. I thought he was great when he did "geek in the pink" but he's been bad recently.
I don't think phil should be in the bottom three-he was good last night. That doesn't mean he WON'T be in the bottom 3, i just don't think he deserves it.

And I don't think Blake will be in the bottom three, either. I don't think he did a great job last night, but he has a ton of fans and he's a good performer even when he doesn't sing as well.

LaKisha, Chris, and Sanjaya are my bottom three.

oh, and the remarkable thing about this week is that I ****ing HATE country music, but they managed to make me actually like 3 country songs... and not totally dislike another. And at the same time Sanjaya made me hate one of the few country songs I almost liked to begin with.

Mjcpr
4/18/2007, 12:45 PM
Until about 2 seasons ago, I managed to never view 5 seconds worth of American Idol so I know it's possible.

proud gonzo
4/18/2007, 12:47 PM
yep. i had never watched AI at all until this year. I was actually entertained by the awfulness of the first auditions.

jk the sooner fan
4/18/2007, 12:49 PM
country music aint what it used to be......just sayin! :)

JohnnyMack
4/18/2007, 01:06 PM
you can't just not watch it, it's on 8 times a week and idiots won't stop talking about it. i might have seen 10 seconds of this season by accident yesterday.

at least if Suckjaya wins people will either shut up about it, or be ****ed off

either way i'm happy :D

It's on twice a week.

Once for an hour. Once for 30 minutes.

That's so overwhelming I know.

:P

yermom
4/18/2007, 02:47 PM
yeah, but if you watch Fox at all you get bombarded with it

and the people that talk about it all the time (not just here)

at least with the WAYLT threads there is only one of them at a time ;)

VeeJay
4/18/2007, 03:14 PM
Oh I dont watch it...my wife watches it every freakin time its on tv, which is like 4 times a week...so I have to go watch tv in the bedroom, then she cranks the volume of the TV because I have the bedroom TV on..the bedroom tv wont go very loud so I have to sit and listen to that crap over the bedroom tv...

cooking with a hothead

:D

1. You know, Elvis was known to shoot out the TV when Robert Goulet was on, singing and what not. Just sayin'

2. What night does "Cooking With A Hothead" come on?

Pricetag
4/18/2007, 10:07 PM
How pathetic was it how far the show went tonight to explain Simon rolling his eyes last night after Chris's shout out to the Va Tech folks?

IMO, Simon gave a perfectly plausible explanation of the sequence of events and a sincere apology. But the show went on to show his off-camera dialogue with Paula like four times from two different angles. They finished it off with a light-hearted laugh in what was obviously a carefully crafted PR move.

I know why they did it, and I think it's sad that they think such a lengthy explanation was necessary and that they were probably correct in thinking that way.

Personally, I cocked an eyebrow when Chris did that. I know he is from around there and all, but it seemed unnecessary after Ryan's comments to kick off the show. I think it definitely kept him out of the bottom three.

jk the sooner fan
4/18/2007, 10:12 PM
there was a big article about it today on msnbc.....with as many people that hate Simon - they had no choice but to do what they did

thank you baby jesus for sending suckjaya home!

Blue
4/18/2007, 10:16 PM
thank you baby jesus for sending suckjaya home!

I am gonna miss that one time in the show where it got uncomfortable for everyone involved (judges, contestants, audience, tv viewers)

That takes talent.

proud gonzo
4/18/2007, 10:20 PM
i'd just like it to be on record that my prediction totally PWN3D Rhino's. :D

jk the sooner fan
4/18/2007, 10:22 PM
i'd just like to go on record that i first predicted lakisha in the bottom 2 :)

sanantoniosooner
4/18/2007, 10:26 PM
Who does VoteForTheWorst migrate to?

Chris?

jk the sooner fan
4/18/2007, 10:27 PM
i would imagine that effort will dissolve....

Rhino
4/19/2007, 02:03 AM
The show lost any luster it had tonight.

They should do a couple double elimination weeks and weed out Lateetha, Jamiroquai, KFed and Powder already. Get to the Jordin / Who Me? finale already.

jk the sooner fan
4/19/2007, 06:35 AM
Get to the Jordin / Who Me? finale already.

i'd be on board with that!

Mjcpr
4/19/2007, 07:48 AM
I'd be okay with it too, but don't overestimate the Americna public. They could still vote in K-Fed and/or bald dude.

And since Simon called Melinda on the feigned surprise Tue night, she has scaled it back....although it is a brief sampling period.

sanantoniosooner
4/19/2007, 07:56 AM
I'd be okay with it too, but don't overestimate the Americna public. They could still vote in K-Fed and/or bald dude.

And since Simon called Melinda on the feigned surprise Tue night, she has scaled it back....although it is a brief sampling period.
GIS "shocked melinda" does not yield what I intended.

Hot Rod
4/19/2007, 08:47 AM

In all honesty, I think the girl may just have some issues where she doesn't think she's all that. Self-esteem, perhaps?

Anyway, I was suprised to see Blake in the bottom 3 last night. I was hoping for Jordin v Blake/Melinda in the finale.

sanantoniosooner
4/19/2007, 08:53 AM
Before Simon ever commented I thought Melinda was milking the "who me?" angle. No doubt she is humble, but she was working it too.

JohnnyMack
4/19/2007, 09:13 AM
Melinda / Blake = Final.

jk the sooner fan
4/19/2007, 09:17 AM
jordin will be in the final, bank it

JohnnyMack
4/19/2007, 09:21 AM
jordin will be in the final, bank it

I bet you a box of macaroni and cheese she cracks before then.

jk the sooner fan
4/19/2007, 09:25 AM
I bet you a box of macaroni and cheese she cracks before then.

what kind of mac and cheese? not that powdered crap

JohnnyMack
4/19/2007, 09:27 AM
what kind of mac and cheese? not that powdered crap

Shells and cheese cooked for me, by you in your newly renovated kitchen.

jk the sooner fan
4/19/2007, 09:30 AM
when Jordin wins, make sure you clean up after you finish cooking that....its a glass top range and requires a special cleaning agent

sanantoniosooner
4/19/2007, 09:59 AM
you know, a mac and cheese bet has probably bolstered the position of the AI naysayers.

Just say'n.