PDA

View Full Version : I probably let these tragedies affect me too much on a personal level...

Soonerus
4/17/2007, 10:17 PM
...but I am just sick over the Virginia Tech killings of innocent people......

setem
4/17/2007, 10:19 PM
http://photos-713.ak.facebook.com/ip002/v71/206/62/214400224/n214400224_30494713_6293.jpg

Soonerus
4/17/2007, 10:22 PM
I have been impressed with the Hokies...I knew nothing about them prior to this event (except football)...

LoyalFan
4/18/2007, 12:36 AM
...but I am just sick over the Virginia Tech killings of innocent people......

You're not alone. Not by a long shot.
Y'day, I began to weep as I drove home, listening to the sad updates on the radio. Fearing I might not make it home, I pulled into a favorite pub.
The waitstaff noted my condition and one sweet little waitress came over and wiped the tears from my cheeks. It was two hours and several Maker's Marks later when I was finally able to make my way home. The 24+ hours since have in no way eased the hurt.
This is a terrible, terrible, tragedy and no one...NO one...need feel the least ashamed of their grief and horror.

God Bless Virginia Tech!

LoyalFan
A tough old wardog, but a softie too.

crawfish
4/18/2007, 07:30 AM
I think most of us are pretty shook up about it.

1stTimeCaller
4/18/2007, 07:34 AM
It hasn't affected me or anything I do and only until it does will I then really care about it. I know that's not a popular thing to say but more people died that day and today from unintentional falls. More people will be accidentally poisoned and die today and tomorrow and every other day of the year.

fadada1
4/18/2007, 07:37 AM
very, very sad.

i just wish the media would stop blaming the school. it's already a difficult enough situation - don't trample the memory of those that were taken away by blaming society, video games, television, or movies... or a decision made by the administration in a very difficult situation.

fadada1
4/18/2007, 07:39 AM
It hasn't affected me or anything I do and only until it does will I then really care about it. I know that's not a popular thing to say but more people died that day and today from unintentional falls. More people will be accidentally poisoned and die today and tomorrow and every other day of the year.
i see your point. i think the thing that's upsetting (not that i'm changing my behavior either) is that it was totally taken out on innocent people that were doing nothing more than being students and teachers.

1stTimeCaller
4/18/2007, 07:44 AM
yeah, I guess it's apples and oranges with the accidents and this.

It's really amazing to me that someone could wake up in the morning and decide to do something like that.

I agree with you too about the admin and the video games etc.

Hamhock
4/18/2007, 07:57 AM

how about from drunk driving accidents from too many makers' marks? :texan:

crawfish
4/18/2007, 08:59 AM

Having kids changes your perspective quite a bit.