PDA

View Full Version : History repeated?

AzianSooner
4/17/2007, 04:27 PM
The last minute of the game in this video make me understand the feeling and sleep-lost that Mike Gundy had last year after the Oklahoma game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cea4e4QAEEI&mode=related&search=

OSUAggie
4/17/2007, 04:37 PM
The amazing part about that game wasn't OSU's drive at the end, but the OU drive that preceeded it to take the lead.

Thompson ran into Stafford on a 4th and 1 in the backfield, then fell forward for the first down.

The previous play, on 3rd and 10ish, Gaddis took a screen pass for 15 yards, then got hit and fumbled the ball 6 yards back. The ball was surrounded by 8 Pokes and 1 Sooner, and I think it was Anthony Phillips that recovered it.

A couple of plays before that, Thompson ran a short-side option, pitched it quickly to Stafford, Stafford wasn't looking, the ball hit him in the head, bounced down to the turf, then popped right back up to him.

Switzer, when asked to explain the drive after the game, simply said, "That's just Sooner Magic" and gave his ****-eating grin.

That's one of my favorite games. I've seen it probably 100 times.

sooner518
4/17/2007, 05:47 PM
hehe

stupid Hart Lee Dykes.

insuranceman_22
4/17/2007, 11:09 PM
Boomer Sooner, Boomer Sooner........hehehe

crawfish
4/18/2007, 07:39 AM
OSU had one of the best offenses ever that year. Too bad Jones didn't recruit a defense. :)

OUDoc
4/18/2007, 08:12 AM
I was in Stillwater that day. Probably should have had my *** kicked. :)

OSUAggie
4/18/2007, 10:16 AM
OSU had one of the best offenses ever that year. Too bad Jones didn't recruit a defense. :)

That was the weird thing. Pat's always been a defensive guy, and the defenses from 82-85 were good to great. Then, all of the sudden, I guess he decided to start having offensive players paid. Just got to see us lose a birth in the Orange Bowl a different way... :rolleyes:

OKLA21FAN
4/18/2007, 12:08 PM
That was the weird thing. Pat's always been a defensive guy, and the defenses from 82-85 were good to great. Then, all of the sudden, I guess he decided to start having offensive players paid. Just got to see us lose a birth in the Orange Bowl a different way... :rolleyes:
hiring that Anderson clown might not have been the smartest Pat 'elmer fud' Jones move.

KC//CRIMSON
4/18/2007, 01:53 PM
The last minute of the game in this video make me understand the feeling and sleep-lost that Mike Gundy had last year after the Oklahoma game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cea4e4QAEEI&mode=related&search=

I bet he lost a lot more sleep after the '88 game. Last year the receiver never really had a chance to catch the ball.

Parker on the other hand, dropped a sure game winning touchdown that a five year old could have caught.:D