PDA

View Full Version : Arkansas gets a little crazier

royalfan5
4/17/2007, 11:09 AM
http://www.everydayshouldbesaturday.com/?p=3327#comments

So it turns out it was Mustain himself that filed the Freedom of Information request on Nutt's phone records.

OSUAggie
4/17/2007, 11:23 AM
heh.... What a family of psychos.

StuIsTheMan
4/17/2007, 11:25 AM
heh.... What a family of psychos.

Hello pot...your an aggie..talk about psychos...

Rhino
4/17/2007, 12:55 PM
Unbelievable.

If I were an Arkansas fan, I'd be on the verge of complete dissociation from them.

fwsooner22
4/17/2007, 12:57 PM
Holy cow..........that is simply hard to believe.......that fuse is getting really short and something is about to explode.............

Seamus
4/17/2007, 01:31 PM
Hello pot...your an aggie..talk about psychos...

Heh. More like tards.

Octavian
4/17/2007, 01:45 PM
Unbelievable. How incredibly stupid of Mustain. This guy is a headcase of biblical proportions.

He needs to convince other programs that he's not a risky venture and he does this? Why would any coach take a risk on him transferring into their program now? Does this up his stock value at USC?

Thank gawd we refused this guy's request.

Octavian
4/17/2007, 01:49 PM
Oh, the blog responses are good.

On behalf of every other fan base in the SEC, I/we salute you, Arkansas, for making the rest of us look balanced and functional. -Doug.

:D

AllAboutThe'O'
4/17/2007, 03:03 PM
Unbelievable.

If I were an Arkansas fan, I'd be on the verge of complete dissociation from them.
I did the smart thing and got off that ship a few years ago. I'm at my island paradise right now laughing my head off at the goings on up on "The Hill."

Soonerfan88
4/17/2007, 08:43 PM
I think the bloggers have a good handle on the Mustain Mania but what struck me in that article was about Bragg.

In Fort Smith, Bragg’s exhusband requested extra police patrols in her neighborhood after people followed her home and a man drove by her house repeatedly with a video camera.

Reporters are pros at harassment and getting into other people's business. Seems a bit hypocritical just because she's now the target.

insuranceman_22
4/17/2007, 10:53 PM
This deal is just crazy. I remember that we all got a little excited about Mustain leaving Arkansas.......turns out that we just another of the many reason's to Thank Bob Stoops.

arklahoman36
4/17/2007, 11:03 PM
In defense of Mustain, the kid, yes he is a kid, has been savaged by the spin machine out Fayetteville and its minions in what passes for sports talk radio in Arkansas.

One by one, the smears put out by The Hill have largely been shot down, and the kid probably read what everyone else did on the message boards over here, there were records that at least provide circumstantial evidence that HDN lied about knowledge of a hateful e-mail sent to him and another sent to media and HDN's wife.

Unfortunately for him, the national media that did pick up the saga around his departure relied on the ARK athletic admin and sports talk radio in ARK as their sources, which painted the kid in an unfair light.

He probably feels like he needs to compile some information to combat any possible blackballing that's going on while he goes through recruitment again.

I think he certainly made some missteps in how he handled some things most likely, but he's a kid. The real shame is how the adults have acted.

As for OU saying it wasn't interested, I agree with Stoops in saying no thanks. But not because of an issue with him, aside from his ability.

I think he is a talented QB, but his ability was elevated by the system he played in high school.

He played in a system that almost no other team in that class runs, so defenses were already facing a significant challenge in preparation, and he was surrounded by D-1 talent at WR and TE.

I suspect he's sort of like Andre Ware. A monster in the right system, but terribly average otherwise -- at least that's what I saw watching him this season.

RADsooner
4/17/2007, 11:58 PM
when i saw him in the army AA game i thought he looked very average at best.

arklahoman36
4/24/2007, 11:16 PM
Just when you thought it couldn't get crazier. It did...

http://www.kfsm.com/Global/story.asp?S=6421366

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/wire?section=ncf&id=2848383

AllAboutThe'O'
4/25/2007, 06:38 PM
Just when you thought it couldn't get crazier. It did...

http://www.kfsm.com/Global/story.asp?S=6421366

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/wire?section=ncf&id=2848383

As far as I'm concerned, the new Arkansas A.D. should be someone who isn't a good ol' boy or part of the old-boy network. He needs to be an outsider who listens to the fans, can put Arkansas in the 21st century and has the onions to tell each and every coach to stop all the foolishness away from the field or their head is on the chopping block, no matter how successful that coach is. The new A.D. has to restore order to that circus once and for all.

tulsaoilerfan
4/25/2007, 09:00 PM
Isn't Broyles retiring soon? College athletics passed him by 20 years ago

goingoneight
4/25/2007, 10:34 PM
I really feel bad for the majority of Arkansas fans right now. I have a lot of friends in NE Oklahoma, Arkansas and Texas that are piggy fans who never go running their mouths about being all that like UT, USC, ND... they mostly just want the bullshat to stop so they can wear their gear in pride without being stereotyped as 'the fu*kup' anymore. Seriously, Arkansas fans are really getting a bad name they don't deserve mostly because their Athletic Director has given up on life up there. I saw The King not too long ago, and I asked him about the Forget Me Not benefit, I brought up Broyles and Arkansas, and he looked embarassed out of his mind. I told him it wasn't a cheap shot at him... he joked and said "you're a SOONER, so that's alright, bud." :D

AllAboutThe'O'
4/26/2007, 04:26 AM
Isn't Broyles retiring soon? College athletics passed him by 20 years ago
His last day in office is Dec. 31.

william_brasky
4/26/2007, 08:13 PM
Every time I read about what's going on at Arkansas, the Dukes of Hazzard theme plays in my head.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=zRX4mlFi06A

cs6000
4/27/2007, 07:51 PM
Could someone please convert this saga into a Wikipedia entry? I can't keep track of all that has happened. Is anyone pregnant in the deal?

SoonerRoads
4/28/2007, 10:06 AM
Could someone please convert this saga into a Wikipedia entry? I can't keep track of all that has happened. Is anyone pregnant in the deal?

Apparently, now Broyles has called the fans that want to get rid of Nutt, "Sinners". Unbelievable. How does that foot taste, Frank? Good Grief.